Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All My Stuff: GONE!

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

All My Stuff: GONE!

Some asshole stole ALL my cards... There was a breaking-and-entering at my house... My dads truck: gone, my ps3s: gone, games: gone, computers:gone... cards: gone...
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

His name is not unknown in these woods.
    Aug 2006
    Area 88

Re: All My Stuff: GONE!

That's all kinds of shitty, sorry to hear. Are there any distinctive pieces in your collection we can keep an eye out for on eBay, etc?
    they haunt minds...

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Cards are an awfully specific thing to steal. I think your typical, run-of-the-mill thief probably wouldn't make an effort to steal cards unless they knew the value or if they were in open view. Especially since they'd have to know that the cards are very likely worth way more than a PS3 + games. Was your collection in an obvious place, or was it more put away, leading you to believe this may be someone who had prior knowledge of your collection?

Do you have any nerd acquaintances with a drug addiction, gambling habit, mistress or other habit that could lead to bad moral decisions and an urgent need for quick cash? (No, seriously, that's what happened to a friend of mine -- an entire deck of his got ganked by the one local card player who we were aware had a penchant for opiates, leading us to rightfully suspect him and eventually recover the cards before he managed to pawn them.)

I would make a descriptive list of your collection and give it to all local stores so they can be on the lookout for someone trying to unload a collection.

This situation sucks, but the fact your dad's truck got stolen means that your local police force should take the case much more seriously. Hopefully this fucker's brought to justice, I really hate thieves... :/

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    Some asshole stole ALL my cards... There was a breaking-and-entering at my house... My dads truck: gone, my ps3s: gone, games: gone, computers:gone... cards: gone...
    Fucking lame.

Where do you live at Froggy? I think a care package is in order. PM me if you are interested, I'd be happy to get you back on your feet.

Feb 2010
    Houston,texas

I hate to hear that man. Thinking of smth hateful to say but then the mods would never take off this stupid avatar. Good luck.

Перетягивание
    Feb 2012
    Canberra, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Fucking lame.

Where do you live at Froggy? I think a care package is in order. PM me if you are interested, I'd be happy to get you back on your feet.
    No good, sorry to hear it.

If you want affinity again i can ship you 75 (no Tezz)

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I'm sorry for the lost.

Where in Canada are you? I am actually scared too.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

In my bag I had LED Dredge built, TezzAffinity, my binder, and tin with a bunch of random things. Also, I went to my LGS, and the owner told me he'd look out for anything weird.

When we spoke to the police, we might have found a suspect, but he told us to let them do their job and not get involved. Since my dad's truck was stolen, things became a bit more serious.

Also, thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's one of the things that you always tell yourself, "oh it'll happen to someone else" until it happens to you, that is.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Really sorry to hear that.

My place got burglarized a few months ago. I actually came back while things were in progress, so they didn't make out with too much. Ironically, they threw my decks out of the backpack to try to stuff other items in there instead, so I think most burglars don't know the value of these items. Unfortunately, there's a possibility that this burglary could have been done by someone you know.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I'm sorry for the lost.

Where in Canada are you? I am actually scared too.
    Rosemere, Quebec, where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Really sorry to hear that.

My place got burglarized a few months ago. I actually came back while things were in progress, so they didn't make out with too much. Ironically, they threw my decks out of the backpack to try to stuff other items in there instead, so I think most burglars don't know the value of these items. Unfortunately, there's a possibility that this burglary could have been done by someone you know.
    That's what we believe too... The weirdest part, he didn't go in my room or my brother's room, my parents room though, all hell broke loose (most valuables inside). This guy knew where everything was, and what he wanted.

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    Cards are an awfully specific thing to steal. I think your typical, run-of-the-mill thief probably wouldn't make an effort to steal cards unless they knew the value or if they were in open view. Especially since they'd have to know that the cards are very likely worth way more than a PS3 + games. Was your collection in an obvious place, or was it more put away, leading you to believe this may be someone who had prior knowledge of your collection?

Do you have any nerd acquaintances with a drug addiction, gambling habit, mistress or other habit that could lead to bad moral decisions and an urgent need for quick cash? (No, seriously, that's what happened to a friend of mine -- an entire deck of his got ganked by the one local card player who we were aware had a penchant for opiates, leading us to rightfully suspect him and eventually recover the cards before he managed to pawn them.)

I would make a descriptive list of your collection and give it to all local stores so they can be on the lookout for someone trying to unload a collection.

This situation sucks, but the fact your dad's truck got stolen means that your local police force should take the case much more seriously. Hopefully this fucker's brought to justice, I really hate thieves... :/
    It's exactly what we believe..

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

Damn dude.. I'm really sorry to hear that. I was at a library once getting some work done and left my backpack behind when I got a phone call from a colleague. I went back to pick sit down and realized my back pack had been ripped apart. Weird thing was, the only things taken were my magic cards, and prescriptions (left my laptop/camera/textbooks/etc.). Thankfully the school's library was chock'full'o Cameras and I knew the kid who had taken everything. Needless to say, I paid him a nice visit the following day with a shotgun and a pleasant smile - he was in bad shape/addict/debt/etc. and everything was worked out eventually.

I really hope that everything works out for you and everything is returned. Its horrible that your cards are gone but the fact that your father's car was taken, and your parent's valuables were taken is equally atrocious. Best to you and your family, and good luck to all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I told my gf yesterday, "might as well mourn now, because I'm never seeing my stuff again", she wants me to be positive, I'll try to.

When I saw my dads truck was gone I told myself, "ah, maybe my brother came to get it (he's always using someone else's car)" then I walk up te stairs and the window was shattered, it was -40C the previous night so I told myself "damnit, the cold shattered the window" that was when I saw the missing computers, watch, cellphones, truck, etc.

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Jul 2011
    AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    I told my gf yesterday, "might as well mourn now, because I'm never seeing my stuff again", she wants me to be positive, I'll try to.

When I saw my dads truck was gone I told myself, "ah, maybe my brother came to get it (he's always using someone else's car)" then I walk up te stairs and the window was shattered, it was -40C the previous night so I told myself "damnit, the cold shattered the window" that was when I saw the missing computers, watch, cellphones, truck, etc.
    i'm really sorry to hear that man.. :( i hope you guys catch this sob and get your stuff back and he gets to go enjoy prison. please keep us updated :)

I suggest to not to put too much trust in the Games Shop owner. Once there's a oppurtunity to get some quick money, he'll probably forget about your ordeal. Also if it's indeed someone whom you're familiar with, chances are that he will try to sell the cards at the local shop. especially if he's desperate because of addicition or guilty conscience etc.

Drinks to much coke
    Aug 2010
    London Ontario

Sucks that that happened, sucks that some people have so little fundamental respect for others that they could justify something like that it the first place. Hope you get your stuff back and even if you dont hope you can find the desire to rebuild.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    I suggest to not to put too much trust in the Games Shop owner. Once there's a oppurtunity to get some quick money, he'll probably forget about your ordeal.
    That is a terrible outlook on things. Not to mention a terrible way to conduct business (and unlawful).
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I'm from Brampton, Ontario.

Sorry for your lost. I wasn't expecting a story like that from Quebec.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I don't think I'm ever going to see my cards ever again...

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

The Illusionist
    Apr 2012
    Netherlands

If you had a regular house insurance you might be able to get atleast the cards worth back in money, if you have people who can vouch for the cards you had. I'd check with insurance to be sure.

Thread Information