Thread: [Judge Promo] Swords to Plowshares (new frame)

Hybrid View

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

[Judge Promo] Swords to Plowshares (new frame)

Seriously? Is this really needed? Foil Swords already exist as promo and normal swords are about 2€. There is no need to increase the amount of pimp on the market.

We NEED FoW goddamn
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: [Judge Promo] Swords to Plowshares (new frame)

Ugh, seriously? It doesn't even look good. We already had an old border foil!

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Swords to 3-woods?

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

I gotta admit that I like that artwork - but still - new border, bluuurgh.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Honestly I can't stand old frames anymore. I wrote a 1538-page letter to Wizards went it happened - this was like, 10 months after I started playing , so of course I raged about it - but man did I get over it quickly. Especially the bit about emphasizing power and toughness in the way that they have; in retrospect on older cards, p/t looks like an afterthought, something that just gets jammed in the corner and forgotten, because you'd rather be playing Black and Blue spells anyway.

I stand by my golf club comment. It looks like a driver.

FOREs to Plowshares
    haha yes. much better.

Now all I want to see is an alternate StP art based on this:

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Personally I dislike the new card frame and have since they started using it, but that's besides the point here.

I love foils and I collect foil sets and love to play them and show them off to people, and nothing gives me more pleasure that beating someone in the face with my all foil Death and Taxes deck... at least as foil as it can be without looking ugly, ie: the judge Karakas. I hate the Karakas mainly because of the enormous and hideous shooting star across half the card, it's over done. I would've wanted a set of them if the shooting star wasn't obnoxious, but tastefully done such as the old frame foils, set foils, or even the way they did the stars for grand prix where the set symbol goes. Just ugly across the whole text box, so because of that my Death and Taxes deck has a set of FNM StP and a set of foil Ports and a set of MPR wastelands, the awesome foils, you know, not the ugly Karakas. 71 of 75 cards foil is better than 75 of 75 if it means not playing the judge karakas. The picture on the judge swords is fine, just not iconic for the card that everyone loves, but the non-selling point for many I know and I'm sure many of you guys/gals on the Source, is the star across the text box like that.

End of rant about the hideous judge promo shooting stars... at least until they make another one of my favorite cards ugly with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Swords to 3-woods?
    FOREs to Plowshares

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    FOREs to Plowshares
    Swords to Golf Club
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Ugh, seriously? It doesn't even look good. We already had an old border foil!
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Not feeling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    baghdadbob, you're Team Scrubbad's spirit animal.

Thread Information