Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm a Juggernaut -> Drop -> @ SCG Atlanta with M0AT_ST0MPY

Re: I'm a Juggernaut -> Drop -> @ SCG Atlanta with M0AT_ST0MPY

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Player induced GRV are hilarious. For clarity, did your opponents begin to search their deck and you had to stop their shenaniganzing?
    It was normally, a payment of one life and an in the yard fetch .... I'd awkwardly stare for a brief moment then when they'd move to pick up their library and I would stop them before they could get too far.

Some people take it poorly ... others understand it's their mistake. My main point to anyone getting sandy was, that if we aren't going to take things like

- knowing the board state (e.g. before doing something looking at all the things in play, the cards in each others hands)

- knowing what cards do (chalice of the void, cost of morph on the stack, how trinisphere works, etc.)

- knowing how the rules of the game work (e.g. cost vs. effect, activated abilities, knowing morph is a special action that doesn't use the stack)

then why even have competitive Magic?

People would just stumble through and play their powerful cards and get bailed out and all that would differentiate players would be access to cards, matchup and randomness.

Jul 2010
    Columbus, OH

So you play once or twice a week and you don't consider yourself "well practiced" anymore? Damn. I played about once a week on average at the height of my playtime. Now I average once every couple of months.... kids do that I guess.

I'm also curious on all the GRVs. So you'd call a judge on them before they would begin searching (in the fetchland case)? That's fair and all, but I guess I'm too nice of a guy to pull the trigger until they've passed the point of no return (like, started to look for a land in that case).

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    At least 3. One opponent said, 'You don't see that every day.' ... perhaps I'll keep this deck together for Wednesday in case someone wants to give it a rip. I'll play something with flyers .... or maybe combo.
    I would love to, but sadly I am going to Ravens Nest to play 4 Stone Rains, 4 Molten Rains, and Plow Unders and see how many people I can get to rage quit by Deusing on their face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Not a bad finish, very nice report and hella funny. Loving the deck.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Awesome report! I haven't laughed like this in a while. Amazing job!
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Love the report. Seriously RTFC idiots who don't read opponents cards if they don't know what they do. I think I've accidentally cheated once in regards to that (attempting to cycle multiple gitaxian probes through a chalice@1. People not knowing what trinisphere does amaze me. Suppression field I can kind of understand however although people are pretty dumb when it comes to ruling. Activated abilities are so easy to understand, at least to me. Does it have the format Cost: Do something? Then it's an activated ability. Your deathrite shaman is now a norwood ranger.

Seriously though, great report. I enjoyed it a lot.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

His name is not unknown in these woods.
    Aug 2006
    Area 88

Awesome report. God damn, I love suppression field.
    they haunt minds...

Site Contributor
    Aug 2006
    Arizona

I have no money to afford Moat but damn I wish I could! Nice report.
    Magic: the Gathering players in Arizona, click here!
    @mtgtwin1 on Twitter
    3 SCG Open Top 8s
    GP Denver 2013 Top 64
    GP NJ 2014 110th/4001
    AZMagicPlayers.com Legacy Series Tournament Organizer
    Random Brews/Decks Galore!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Fucking great report.

Feld der Unterdrackung is pretty fucking amazing, but I believe the deck needs more Gotterdammerung. Twilight of the mother fucking Gods. Vagner. What more could you want?

-Matt

Haha, that was absolutely hilarious, loved it. I really love this game, but those encounters with random sociopaths in tournaments still amuse me. Ok actually I hate them but it is just not worth the fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I would love to, but sadly I am going to Ravens Nest to play 4 Stone Rains, 4 Molten Rains, and Plow Unders and see how many people I can get to rage quit by Deusing on their face.
    Fulminator Mage. The Stone Rain with Wheels (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Fucking great report.

Feld der Unterdrackung is pretty fucking amazing, but I believe the deck needs more Gotterdammerung. Twilight of the mother fucking Gods. Vagner. What more could you want?

<snip> god like Armageddon </snip>

-Matt
    God damn. Yeah I may need to scour the Euros for a set of those. I bet some peace loving German magic player would love some hot korean ones for a set of godfuckingdamnits.

I still like to win though and I prefer to win with something I've made and not what some unbathed douche wrote about on the internet on a card store site to sell more Show and Tells.
    That was a pick at Durward's Dream halls article wasn't it (NICE JOB lol).

Really nice report here, and you now inspired me to turn my deck into Foreign language (preference to german, as people, by experience, tend to take a japanese card and not read it when they see the writtings, when they will actually try to read a german card and find out that they don't understand anything lol)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by ThediscoPower View Post
    That was a pick at Durward's Dream halls article wasn't it (NICE JOB lol).

Really nice report here, and you now inspired me to turn my deck into Foreign language (preference to german, as people, by experience, tend to take a japanese card and not read it when they see the writtings, when they will actually try to read a german card and find out that they don't understand anything lol)
    Oh yes, people attempt to read my german cards all the time. Sometimes even twice before they realize. It's the best.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I had a guy do it with Korean Before... And then one time a Guy looked at my Japanese Tendrils of Agony and then read it out... I was like.. Oh you speak it... Cool lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Oh yes, people attempt to read my german cards all the time. Sometimes even twice before they realize. It's the best.
    My favorite German card is Umezawa's Jitte. Mostly because in German it's ... Umezawa's Jitte. So it takes them minimum 3 tries to realize they don't have spot dyslexia.

My favorite German card is Umezawa's Jitte. Mostly because in German it's ... Umezawa's Jitte. So it takes them minimum 3 tries to realize they don't have spot dyslexia.
    oh god... this is going to be my first aquisition for sure now lol!!

Anyone has one for trade now? lol

<double post>

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Yes, those are the best. A least two players attempted to read my Vendilion-Clique.

Dis iz da WAAAGH!
    Jan 2007
    Chicagoland

Fantastic report. One of my Abysses is Italian and wouldn't you know it I seem to draw that one more often than the English ones.

I'm reminded of the time I was playing a pimped out Lands deck at an SCG and I was running Worm Harvest. It was foil Japanese. In one game it's late game and my yard is full of My opponent has Jace TMS out, sculpts me and finds that card. Looks at me. Looks at the card. Looks at me and says "I have no idea what that card is. I can't read Japanese." I tell him to call a judge. A judge I've worked with many times comes over looks at the card and says "Oh, I know that card. It's..." I wave my hands in the air shouting "No! No! Don't tell me! He is mindscupting me! I'm not supposed to know!" But I already totally knew what it was. The judge and my opponent walk away, the judge explains what the card does just out of my earshot, and my opponent comes back and says "Oh yeah, that thing is going on bottom!"
    DCI Lvl II Judge

Thread Information