Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm a Juggernaut -> Drop -> @ SCG Atlanta with M0AT_ST0MPY

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: I'm a Juggernaut -> Drop -> @ SCG Atlanta with M0AT_ST0MPY

I don't get it. What part of "stocke deinin manavorrat" doesn't make sense?
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    I don't get it. What part of "stocke deinin manavorrat" doesn't make sense?
    Not sure. My opponents in other formats seem to understand that line on my Sol Ring just fine.

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    My favorite German card is Umezawa's Jitte. Mostly because in German it's ... Umezawa's Jitte. So it takes them minimum 3 tries to realize they don't have spot dyslexia.
    Incidentally, this is one reason I prefer German Bayou ("Mangrovensuempf" [iirc that "u" is an umlaut, which my keyboard doesn't have]) to Italian and French (which are both just "Bayou" until you scan below the art and it says "Terra" instead of "Land.") I want people to know my shit is German.

Also, nice report. Props for both having the balls to play this particular deck and for making it gorgeous (German Suppression Field over Russian is FLY), and congrats on an impressive finish. On which note I'd like to ask how you decided on O-Rings--my buddy has a German foil Lorwyn one (he's not trading/selling--I asked), and I think they're available in Korean now, and your Russian ones are hot. SO MANY CHOICES.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by coraz86 View Post
    Incidentally, this is one reason I prefer German Bayou ("Mangrovensuempf" [iirc that "u" is an umlaut, which my keyboard doesn't have]) to Italian and French (which are both just "Bayou" until you scan below the art and it says "Terra" instead of "Land.") I want people to know my shit is German.
    How come people suddenly like German cards? I thought we are still the most hated nation?

It's "Mangrovensumpf" btw, not "Sümpf"/"Suempf"; "Sumpf" means "Swamp" btw.

Great report, really entertaining! You should get hired by one of these card store sites so they can sell more Moats!

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

You mean this Bayou is just a Mangrove & Swamp? What a let down!
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Перетягивание
    Feb 2012
    Canberra, Australia

Great write up and interesting deck as always

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Awesome Report! Keep fighting the good fight. All Tournament Reports should be required to post pictures of the actual deck played. I try to do that where possible, too, though my non-vintage decks are no where near as pimp as yours.

My opinion of Legacy players in general has gone down a few notches if there are really that many that aren't familiar with Suppression Field. Maybe BC was right when he suggested that we are too old to play Legacy...

Interestingly, sometimes playing with non-English cards results in fewer judge calls. Before I pimped all my Argothian Enchantresses (I used to play with 3xEnglish, 1xKorean), whenever I played it in a tournament I had opponents calling the judge to get the wording ONLY when I played the English copies (because of the "successfully cast" clause), but they seemed to just take my word for what it did with just the single Korean one out. After realizing that, I made it a point to get rid of the English versions.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Leftconsin View Post
    Fantastic report. One of my Abysses is Italian and wouldn't you know it I seem to draw that one more often than the English ones.

I'm reminded of the time I was playing a pimped out Lands deck at an SCG and I was running Worm Harvest. It was foil Japanese. In one game it's late game and my yard is full of My opponent has Jace TMS out, sculpts me and finds that card. Looks at me. Looks at the card. Looks at me and says "I have no idea what that card is. I can't read Japanese." I tell him to call a judge. A judge I've worked with many times comes over looks at the card and says "Oh, I know that card. It's..." I wave my hands in the air shouting "No! No! Don't tell me! He is mindscupting me! I'm not supposed to know!" But I already totally knew what it was. The judge and my opponent walk away, the judge explains what the card does just out of my earshot, and my opponent comes back and says "Oh yeah, that thing is going on bottom!"
    Damn, this nearly looks like cheating. you put some korean cards in your deck that you know your opponent is gonna call the judge if they ever see them in any zone of your deck :) Nice Jedi mind trick !!
    On a more serious note, shouldn't there be a ruling about that? something like all cards should be in the same language? Yeah i know this is minimal information (Ok you got to know which card is sent to the bottom of the library) but anyway...

PS: on topic: Nice report.

Dec 2003
    Portland OR

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ritual View Post
    Activated abilities are so easy to understand, at least to me. Does it have the format Cost: Do something? Then it's an activated ability.
    I ended up wasting two hours YEARS ago thinking Natural Order from Visions was an enchantment and building an awesome deck around it. I'll never forget that day. I RTFC very, very carefully ever since.
    It's not a sin to be weak, it's a sin to stay weak.

Feb 2010
    Houston,texas

Hahaha, thanksman, that was a great report!

deck&report, loved that

Thread Information