Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] UWR Delver

Re: [Deck] UWR Delver

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Did you really name the deck Jeskai delver? You WoTC / SCG Fanboy!!
    The Coverage gave it that name unfortunatly.

Jun 2012
    pa

I have recently started playing this deck, and it seems pretty awesome. My one question so far is how do you beat Miracles, or just the counter/top package? I've read that this deck has a decent match up against miracles, but I haven't been having too much luck.

A question for janluis1, I am trying your idea of moving swords to the side, and really liking it, one of the guys I was playing suggested path to exile over sword, as some of the match ups you want to bring it in won't even have basic lands, and it won't get in the way of your clock, any insight on this line of thinking?

edited for grammar

Quote Originally Posted by xieyun006 View Post
    I have recently started playing this deck, and it seems pretty awesome. My one question so far is how do you beat Miracles, or just the counter/top package? I've read that this deck has a decent match up against miracles, but I haven't been having too much luck.

A question for janluis1, I am trying your idea of moving swords to the side, and really liking it, one of the guys I was playing suggested path to exile over sword, as some of the match ups you want to bring it in won't even have basic lands, and it won't get in the way of your clock, any insight on this line of thinking?

edited for grammar
    Swords to Plowshares vs. Path to Exile is sometimes a metagame call. If you play against a lot of people who don't run basic lands, or who don't play decks that gain an advantage from cheating basics into play, Path has little to no downside. But that's probably fewer decks than ever, and those that do run lots of non-basics aren't necessarily running anything that you need to exile. The only thing I can think of is BUG Delver, and I think eventually even that will start running a single basic Island.

StP is usually the correct call because your opponents life is meaningless while you're setting up your board position, and once your board is set up you'll win a race no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyrexianLibrarian View Post
    Swords to Plowshares vs. Path to Exile is sometimes a metagame call. If you play against a lot of people who don't run basic lands, or who don't play decks that gain an advantage from cheating basics into play, Path has little to no downside. But that's probably fewer decks than ever, and those that do run lots of non-basics aren't necessarily running anything that you need to exile. The only thing I can think of is BUG Delver, and I think eventually even that will start running a single basic Island.

StP is usually the correct call because your opponents life is meaningless while you're setting up your board position, and once your board is set up you'll win a race no matter what.

I don't like path to exile idea. You bring in sword to plowshares against death and taxes bug delver jund elves maverick burn(creature version) and jeskai stoneblade. all those decks run basics. I dont like the idea and ramping them. And since with most of them(after boarding) you are going to play a midrange game life total won't matter so much.

Quote Originally Posted by xieyun006 View Post

Ok. Pre Khans miracles was a hard match up and probably one of the reasons 3 copies placed in top 8 of gp paris( if i remember correctly). Last year I switched into playing miracles myself( Ponder version) as a result of hating playing against them with this deck. Now things changed. and we got treasure cruise and, believe me or not, is a nightmare card for them. I played against 4 miracles during the timespan of 3 tournament in the last 3 months. I' ve won 2(against bad players)and drew 2( against good players). Now I believe the matchup is at least 50/50 or slightly in our favour. But you really have to know what you are doing. A resolved counterbalance is Game over. Do not FOW sensei's if is not a turn 1 top( and you have at least other back up counters to protect yourself in case of counterbalance) try to keep them on early game. Try to play 1 threat at the time. absolutly counter and even use fow on their brainstorm if you have a big board position and you suspect(or you know) they have miracle cards in their hand, even use wasteland on their fetchland eot if they don't have a white mana source and you suspect a miracle card on the top of their deck. Finally, last advice, learn to play miracles yourself.

Resume:

Keep Fow To counter counterbalance: the rest are details
    Keep them in the early game
    Play one threat a time
    Learn how to play miracles yourself

Another last advice that doesnt fit in the learning category is:

Force your opponent to play fast when you need
    If you are playing for a win concede game 1 if you know you are far behind otherwise the most likely outcome of the game will be a draw.
    If you won game one after a long battle ( minutes wise) play very slow and play for the 1-0 win

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by janluis1 View Post
    If you won game one after a long battle ( minutes wise) play very slow and play for the 1-0 win
    wut? You're literally advocating cheating here, whether you realize it or not. There's a reason you can have judges called on you for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Re: [DTB] UWR Delver

Grammar Nazi here to say hello. Learn to write coherently, or don't write at all. JuanLuis is just being a competitive douchebag. Most competitive douchebags will cheat if they feel no repercussions. The judges in his area must be soft.

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    Grammar Nazi here to say hello. Learn to write coherently, or don't write at all. JuanLuis is just being a competitive douchebag. Most competitive douchebags will cheat if they feel no repercussions. The judges in his area must be soft.
    I don't want to create any argument. I understand that I can't persuade or give advice to everybody. I'm just answering questionw with my game experience. I don't advocate cheating and I personally don't call myself a cheater. I just try to take an edge following the rules of competitive rel. I apologize if someone misunderstood or I offended someone personal beliefs with my gaming strategy. this topic is about Uwr delver so please let's speak about the deck and let's deal with all the not game-relating things with Pms.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    wut? You're literally advocating cheating here, whether you realize it or not. There's a reason you can have judges called on you for this.
    what i really meant is playing a gaming strategy that let you go in the long game.Assuming a control role in the matchup instead of being agressive. This is not cheating. I call this having a gaming strategy

Anyone can try to Explain me the reasoning behind the play of todd anderson in his turn 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmPH...xGrUYN4#t=1259

passing the turn instead of playing TNN then playing on his very next turn. I have my personal theory but i wanted other point of views

Cheers

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Janluis, you don't like salt? I was in a bad mood earlier, sorry.

Todd anderson didn't play true-name the next turn, he played it two turns later when it was almost too late. Granted, had he slammed into his opponent's daze (which his opponent did have, and to which he saw with a gitaxian probe), and to which todd only had a blast for a reply, he wouldn't have eeked out that victory w/ two life. I say he got lucky though, eeking out with two life, b/c there were three turns there where the other guy could've drawn burn for the win.

Anybody playing Uwr delder wanna test vs blue control? Pm me.

Jan 2013
    Ithaca, NY

What do you guys think of the countertop sideboard from the gp? It seems really strong against certain decks but i don't think it belongs in a deck that is built around delver. Thoughts?

I say side out Delver and become a Stoneblade control build.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I say side out Delver and become a Stoneblade control build.
    If you remove the chance of a fast win you've changed the list significantly. Insectile Aberration puts so many lists on a clock they can't handle if their single removal in the opening hand is countered. That's why Delver is running the metagame right now.

May 2014
    Brazil

Spell pierce or gitaxian probe?
    That's the hardest part for me. I still don't know which option is the best.
    Spell pierce is in the original Owen's classic list, while Michael Majors used probes and pierces. But with treasure cruises, you have to make a decision between these 2 good cards.
    Probes have synergy with TC and meddling mages, so it's probably the best option, while wizards don't ban TC.

Fixed cards (57):
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Treasure Cruise
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Swords to Plowshares

PLUS:
    (1): 3 Gitaxian Probe
    or
    (2): 2 Spell Pierce + 9th fetchland

If I use probes, I'd use 4 meddling mages in SB.
    With spell pierces, I'd go to the countertop plan post-bord.
    Kamus

Legacy Decks: Grixis Delver, Canadian Threshold, Patriot, UR Delver, Team America, Shardless BUG, Junk, Miracles, Jeskai Stoneblade, Esper Stoneblade, Deathblade, Bant, Grixis Control, ANT, Reanimator, Sneak & Show, Infect, Food Chain
    Modern Decks: Infect, UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Jeskai Geist, Jund, Abzan, Blue Moon, Grixis Control, Esper Control, RUG Control, BUG Control, Jeskai Nahiri

Jan 2013
    Ithaca, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Kamus View Post
    Spell pierce or gitaxian probe?
    That's the hardest part for me. I still don't know which option is the best.
    Spell pierce is in the original Owen's classic list, while Michael Majors used probes and pierces. But with treasure cruises, you have to make a decision between these 2 good cards.
    Probes have synergy with TC and meddling mages, so it's probably the best option, while wizards don't ban TC.

Fixed cards (57):
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Treasure Cruise
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Swords to Plowshares

PLUS:
    (1): 3 Gitaxian Probe
    or
    (2): 2 Spell Pierce + 9th fetchland

If I use probes, I'd use 4 meddling mages in SB.
    With spell pierces, I'd go to the countertop plan post-bord.
    You can run 2 probes and 2 pierces by cutting the 9th fetch and the 4th daze. If I had to choose between the two, it would be pierce because storm is on the rise and it hits random things you have trouble against like lily.

What do you think of this is UWR Delver ?

Very bad card. I don't have much more to add

May 2014
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post

Terrible
    Kamus

Legacy Decks: Grixis Delver, Canadian Threshold, Patriot, UR Delver, Team America, Shardless BUG, Junk, Miracles, Jeskai Stoneblade, Esper Stoneblade, Deathblade, Bant, Grixis Control, ANT, Reanimator, Sneak & Show, Infect, Food Chain
    Modern Decks: Infect, UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Jeskai Geist, Jund, Abzan, Blue Moon, Grixis Control, Esper Control, RUG Control, BUG Control, Jeskai Nahiri

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post

Key thing to note about this card, it's not even modern playable...
    Using Tapatalk

Thread Information