Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: American-Blade (legacy U/W/R control)

Re: American-Blade (legacy U/W/R control)

Did you ever have trouble keeping a threat out with your own Terminus?

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Quote Originally Posted by beez View Post
    Did you ever have trouble keeping a threat out with your own Terminus?
    The way the last configuration works basically gives me more value at the end of terminus. For example, most of the time I get a trigger effect from any of my 9 creatures, which is most of the time equivalent to getting an extra card in hand (like snapcaster using a instant, or SFM fetching an equipment). This is why I do not run True-name nemsis in my list. I can potentially "2 for one" myself if I need to terminus a single threat and I have a TNN out. So that's why all my creatures have Enter The Battlefield triggers. Even if I have to sacrifice a creature to a terminus to deal with a must answer threat, I am usually end up a little farther ahead than my opponents. It also helps 6 creatures can flash in after a terminus and get powered up by lingering equipment, let alone Batterskull recreating a germ token ability. When I am ahead in board state I simply don't cast it. Vendilion clique can also be bounced back to the hand with karakas, before I commit to terminus. All my creatures can be bounce with jace unless equipped with the Sword Of Fire and Ice. Termius also helps protect and/or clear the way for Jace. Resolving Jace normally puts me ahead. Untapping with jace normally wins me the game. Terminus protects THAT threat. I personally view Terminus as wrath of god @ 1CMC with a chance to play at instant speed. And unlike supreme verdict , Its easier to cast against decks that run wasteland/stifle/rishidan port with a heavy creature base. So yes occasionally I have to terminus my own dudes, but their triggers compensate for their sacrifices. The most unhappy thing I'd terminus away is a vendilion clique with a sword of fire and ice, and that is easy enough to recover from with any creature I play if the sword isn't answered.

That is very clever. I like the build and will keep an eye on its progress. I run patriot delver right now so I don't have the Jaces or Karakas to try yours out right now but I can see the appeal and it does a great job of making UWR work together well which can fight itself a little sometimes .

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Thanks for the compliment. :) Jace's are far more important then karakas to make the deck. Karakas can be subbed out for basic plains, tundra, or academy ruins (great with Engineered explosions from the side, and recurring destroyed/countered equipment). And I know the struggle you are talking about. It can be by needing to fetch carefully (rare), or the swords to plowshares working against lightning bolt and delver attacks. Between Jace and terminus in the main and EE and verdict from the side, its much easier to handle things outside of bolt range.

Thread Information