Page 254 of 258 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258 LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Is it not just better to run Abrade? Like it's a generally decent card that just turns into instant speed vindicate with coating or lattice out. I know the ceiling isn't as high as Shaman, but it's generally always decent and I think some level of consistency is needed since the deck does tend to have some inconsistent but high level power plays
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Is it not just better to run Abrade? Like it's a generally decent card that just turns into instant speed vindicate with coating or lattice out. I know the ceiling isn't as high as Shaman, but it's generally always decent and I think some level of consistency is needed since the deck does tend to have some inconsistent but high level power plays
    You could run some split of the two. I think it’s correct to run at least one Shaman because of the ceiling, but Abrade is always typically useful.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Current standard painter prison list to try out. Scion of Urza might just be better off as Chandra. I could see a list going away from moons and Bridges, but for me the whole reason to play this deck is the prison elements that it provides. I would like to try a welder and copter version again at least since it can allow for Lattice/Karn locks in the same turn Karn comes out

Imperial Painter:

Maindeck (60)
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Goblin Welder
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Painter's Servant
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Magus of the Moon
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Karn, the Great Creator
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Abrade
    2 Lotus Petal
    3 Grindstone
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    10 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
    1 Faerie Macabre
    2 Pyroclasm
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Grindstone
    1 Pithing Needle
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Current standard painter prison list to try out. Scion of Urza might just be better off as Chandra. I could see a list going away from moons and Bridges, but for me the whole reason to play this deck is the prison elements that it provides. I would like to try a welder and copter version again at least since it can allow for Lattice/Karn locks in the same turn Karn comes out

Imperial Painter:

Maindeck (60)
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Goblin Welder
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Painter's Servant
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Magus of the Moon
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Abrade
    2 Lotus Petal
    3 Grindstone
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    10 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
    1 Faerie Macabre
    2 Pyroclasm
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Grindstone
    1 Pithing Needle
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    Looks like a pretty solid list to me. The thing i've been trying to do is to have more card sifting in faithless looting. It allows us to dig deeper into the deck, pitch big artifacts to weld in. Also, running grim monoliths allows us to sneak-cast some of the bigger artifacts/machine-gun opposing artefacts with gorilla shaman. It's not the most amazing list, but it can get some good work in, sneaking some wins while my opponent is messing about with dealing with PWs. Not sure if your plan is somewhat similar.

Also, the sideboard looks weird 'cuz i play almost exclusively in a local meta for now.

4 imperial recruiter
    3 grindstone
    3 painter's servant
    4 goblin welder
    1 gorilla shaman

4 karn, the great creator
    2 daretti, scrap savant

4 faithless looting
    3 smuggler's copter

1 pyroblast
    1 red elemental blast
    1 magus of the moon
    1 ensnaring bridge

3 grim monolith
    2 lotus petal

4 great furnace
    4 ancient tomb
    3 crystal veins
    4 snow-covered mountain
    4 mountain

sideboard
    1 grindstone
    1 painter's servant
    1 mycosynth lattice
    1 sundering titan
    1 magus of the moon
    1 ensnaring bridge
    1 tormod's crypt
    1 faerie macabre
    1 combustible gearhulk
    1 ratchet bomb
    2 pyroclasm
    1 sulfur elemental
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I've definitely been thinking of going hard on looting and welder and such. You can do some busted shit. I just don't like the inconsistencies or the fact that grave hate actually becomes relevant. One of my favorite things is when my opponent brings in grave hate to stop welder and I just ignore it and win anyway. I definitely like the thought of it though. Also I like having the full 4 painter in the main because you already have recruiter to find it and drawing one naturally is usually good. You being on less blasts and the full 4 Karn I can see the appeal to having one in the board

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Here's my final list for a team event in the morning that is expected to see around 25-30 teams

Imperial Painter:

Maindeck (60)
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Goblin Welder
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Painter's Servant
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Magus of the Moon
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    4 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Lotus Petal
    3 Grindstone
    2 Smuggler's Copter
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    10 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pyroclasm
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Grindstone
    1 Pithing Needle
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mycosynth Lattice

I'm not 100% sold on the sideboard, but I think it may suffice. Keller is definitely right about Karn and Copter. Having a decent thing to +1 on is pretty sweet. And with welder you can do some fun stuff with copter and things you wish for with Karn

Not that it’s likely the case, but I noticed Liquimetal Coating shot up to like 25 bucks for a foil copy this week - after that event I top 8ed.

LOLz.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Went 3-2 as a team (4-1 personally) and just snuck into T8.
    List posted above for reference.

R1 Miracles
    G1 he doesn't really know what I'm doing but I'm blasting his shit and I get Chandra to 7 but he had councils judgement for it and then I kill him with the combo.
    G2 I'm doing okay but he gets mentor down. I have magus and regular moon out but he cantrips a bit and then councils. He vote for magus and I vote for my own blood moon to unlock my Sol lands. He unfortunately attacks me to 2 and I resolve painter and stone but ancient tomb can't be used so I die.
    G3 I have cratermaker but I'm stuck on 2 mountain. He plays and taps down for mentor. I go to kill it expecting him to surgical to blow me out but he doesn't. I surgical his mentor and see surgical in his hand. His hand is pretty stacked but he has useless back to basics and such. I top deck Sol Land. Bait his Force with Chandra. He Jaces +2 me leaving in top. I draw mountain. Red blast Jace. Play Karn and +1. He judgements but taps out. I draw another Sol Land and painter stone him.

R2 UW RIP Helm Combo
    G1 I have a good start with painter and blast up. I blast something and get grind stone down with 3 Mana open. He has a white fetch up though so I pass with just lands left in hand. On his turn he plays plains, fetches, taps out for councils judgement and in response I kill him
    G2 I go turn 1 welder. He has turn 2 RIP. I make a smugglers copter. He makes energy field. I make Karn and go get thorn of amethyst and cast it.
    He plays luminarch Ascension. I Karn for lattice, play Sol Land, and pitch Spirit guide and he's tapped out and dies.

R3 Sneak and Show
    G1 pretty uneventful. I don't do a whole lot and he sneaks me on turn 3 I think.
    G2 I keep a pretty weird hand with a turn 2 grindstone activation with surgical in hand. I cast grind stone and he abrades painter. Then he needles grindstone (lol). He casts show and tell with 3 in hand. So my hand is like blood moon, magus of the Moon, cratermaker, red blast but my only lands are tomb and City. What would you put in? Cratermaker answers emrakul, but magus/blood moon turns on my hand so I can maybe red blast an omniscience. I put in magus. He puts in emrakul. Fuck. I top deck land and play it. I cast cratermaker, he forces, I blast force, pitch sprit guide and crater his emrakul. Start attacking while he draws not much. Unfortunately he kills my magus after I've got copter going and I don't find dudes to throw in it and he eventually gets me.

R4 UW Blade
    G1 I Jeep a 7 that can turn 1 Magus. He doesn't force and I assemble a legion of shitty men while he draws a bunch of Islands but no white suede and eventually dies while having true names and Narset to my copter.
    G2 he plays Island ponder and shuffle. Despite boarding OU a number of moons I turn 1 Moon him again. He doesn't have a second land and I do stuff. Eventually he stone forges once he finds plains for BSkull. I Ballista SFM so he taps out to cast skull. I can either blast skull or blast plains. I figure I can race skull if I need to so I blast plains and then combo him a couple turns later.

R5 White Eldrazi
    G1i get painter plus blasts going and he makes a jitte. I blast his TKS and then play bridge. He scoops to it.
    G2 he goes turn 1 Temple pass. I go mountain sprit guide Painter. He attempts to tomb TKS but I inform him his TKS is not Colorless and therefore Temple doesn't work. He slumps and passes. I make a bunch of terrible plays and fetch all the wrong things with recruiter and I'm coptering him to death while he finds the new Dovin. Eventually I pyroclasm the board and kill him when he's got a Thalia and Containment Priest in play.

T8 Sneak and Show (fuck)
    G1 I do some stuff and beat him to 9. Blast his show and tell but he finds sneak and sneaks in GBrand. Draws 7. Sneaks in emrakul. I blow emrakul up before attacks and he gains 7. He draws 7, show and tells omniscience and casts another emrakul :'(
    G2 I keep a super mediocre hand but it can bring some pain. I get him low with copter and I've got painter and dudes out. I recruit up a welder. He gets sneak attack but no red Mana. I attack him. Unfortunately a couple turns later he finds petal. I have welder up and copter back to block in case he just attacks with GBrand I can block with copter and weld away to deny lifelink or weld out my painter to be able to cratermaker emrakul. He Sneaks in Griselbrand. Draws 7. Sneaks in emrakul. I weld my painter for a thorn he countered earlier. Cratermaker emrakul. I take a shot on the chin from GBrand. I find bridge. I loot scoot away bridge and pass. He sneaks in Griselbrand at 4 life. Goes to attack. I'm at 9. I weld in bridge for thorn. He sneaks in cratermaker to blow up bridge.

Unfortunately at this point my teammates have both lost so the match is over. I think I actually win this game since he doesn't have cunning wish in his deck and on my turn I get to weld bridge back and he doesn't have many more ways to deal with it. Idk how this match would have finished, but man it was actually exhilarating being right on the cusp at all times.

Take aways from the event: I think the deck felt very good. The only thing I think I wanted was a revoker. If I had revoker to find with recruiters I may have beaten sneak and show. Definitely missed that guy. Not sure what the cut should be. Maybe the second crater maker? Maybe I go down to 2 welder?

Thanks for the report, Megadeus. I've tried Copter in both the Boros and mono-red build. I really like it in the Boros build, but don't really care for Copter in the mono-red build. I think it's because how I approach both builds differently. I approach the Boros as more of a combo build, and try to have a lot of cards that works better in synergy. While in the mono-red build, I approach the playstyle as a control/prison deck first and foremost, where I care more about the card quality of each card. I've also been seeing a lot of Null Rods from fair decks, so I think it's worth playing 3-4 copies of shatter effects post-SB, excluding Cratermaker. I also think the it's correct to have 8 blasts post-SB vs. Miracles, because CB is a card we must answer on the stack, and BTB can randomly get us. 8 blasts is also good vs. SnT, because we need Karn to revolve to get Crypt to make the combo work, and to counter SnT.

My build is pretty similar to yours:

Lands (22)
    10 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Great Furnace

Creatures (16)
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    3 Painter's Servant
    2 Goblin Welder
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Magus of the Moon
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Spellskite
    1 Walking Ballista

Planeswalkers (6)
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance

Artifacts and Enchantments (10)
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Grindstone

Instants and Sorceries (6)
    4 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast

SIDEBOARD:
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Grindstone
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Painter's Servant
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Abrade
    2 Fiery Confluence
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Surgical Extraction

I've also tried other stuff like Liquimetal Coating, Wurmcoil Engine, Coercive Portal, Ratchet Bomb, etc, but never felt compelled to wish for them.
    Last edited by L10; 05-21-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah copter might be better in a white build with ETutor for sure. I just found my goblin welders to be lacking a bit when I wasn't running copter and I've always liked the pressure that it can provide. It can be awkward with Ensnaring Bridge for sure though. That's why I like Karn and Welder though. Karn can make Copter a 2/2 and give it a better chance to attack under bridge, and welder of course gets to bring bridge in and out on demand to make copter attack when needed.

Also why no petal? I noticed you only run 2 pieces of fast mana. Do you ever find yourself being too slow because of that?

Edit: New Goblin Welder.
    1R
    1/2
    When ~ CITP entomb an artifact.
    R tap: sacrifice an artifact. Return rather artifact with CMC 3 or less to the battlefield. Card is so sick for us I think
    Last edited by Megadeus; 05-22-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Yeah copter might be better in a white build with ETutor for sure. I just found my goblin welders to be lacking a bit when I wasn't running copter and I've always liked the pressure that it can provide. It can be awkward with Ensnaring Bridge for sure though. That's why I like Karn and Welder though. Karn can make Copter a 2/2 and give it a better chance to attack under bridge, and welder of course gets to bring bridge in and out on demand to make copter attack when needed.
    Yeah, I agree with your assessment of Goblin Welder, which is why I am only playing with two copies.
    I do like the early game utility of Copter though. Copter also allows lines where you can cast Karn and cheat in Lattice the same turn, so I don't want to discredit the card. I do think the card is good, and has a lot of synergy with the deck.
    In terms of card selection, you are playing 2 Copter, 1 Chandra, and 3 Karn. I opted for 2 Chandra and 4 Karns. Chandra has more synergy in the mono-red build because it's a reliable win con under Bridge, and can dig for the combo.

Also why no petal? I noticed you only run 2 pieces of fast mana. Do you ever find yourself being too slow because of that?
    At first, I've tried 20 lands/2 Petals/2 SSG, but found the mana base to be unreliable at times given how heavy the curve of my deck is.
    I then tried 22 lands/2 Petals/2 SSG, and found the mana consistency of the deck much better, especially in terms of having a reliably red source; however, not very good in the mid-late game when I was flooding out. I found 22 lands/2 SSG to be a good compromise. I chose SSG over Petal because SSG makes a good blocker with Bridge, and I actually like to keep blasts until it's ready for use. And no, I do not find the deck too slow because of it. It's definitely a tad slower, but I think the deck is more consistent because of it.

Edit: New Goblin Welder.
    1R
    1/2
    When ~ CITP entomb an artifact.
    R tap: sacrifice an artifact. Return rather artifact with CMC 3 or less to the battlefield. Card is so sick for us I think
    I love it.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Back from a small event. Unfortunately I don't think many people knew about it because the event wasn't advertised, but I decided to bring out a wonky Liquimetal Coating List because the shortcake version was super sweet. No Moons is probably wrong, but I figure the package I brought in was also able to deal with problematic lands

4 Painter
    4 Recruiter
    3 Welder
    1 Revoker
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    2 Gorilla Shaman
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Walking Ballista

3 Grindstone
    2 Liquimetal Coating
    2 Smuggler's Copter
    3 Lotus Petal

4 Karn, The Great Creator

2 Abrade
    4 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast

3 Great Furnace
    4 Tomb
    4 City
    10 Mountain

SB
    1 Lattice
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Grindstone
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pyroclasm
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Thorn of Amethyst

Round 1: UB Deaths Shadow
    G1 He plays a fetch and passes. I dont remember this game all that well, I just remember he fetched and shocked a few times, forced something, then he played a shadow with 1 card in hand I played painter, he dazed, and I had more than enough mana to activate grindstone.
    G2 He's on the play and thoughtseizes me. I play basic into grindstone and pass. He cycles street wraith and reanimates it, also fetches and shocks and plays shadow, I play sol land and ballista. He dismembers ballista and we're fairly quickly onto game 3.
    G3 I keep a hand of like 4 Mountain, Grindstone, Painter and recruiter? I think. Turn 1 Grindstone resolves. He shocks and ponders. I draw thorn and cast it. He dazes. He shocks, surgicals thorn, sees my hand and ponders. I draw spirit guide. Third land and cast recruiter, he dazes. I pitch spirit guide and get second painter. He plays a shock and passes. I draw second spirit guide. play 4th land, cast painter with 2 mana open. he only has a watery grave. He taps down to dismember painter and I pitch spirit guide and activate. I did punt here I should've named black with painter just in case of snuff out, but he doesn't have it and I win.

Round 2: Eldrazi
    Was a bit worried here because we played a bit before the event and he rolled me 4 out of 5 games.
    G1 I keep a double tomb, karn, spirit guide, red blast, cratermaker, and grindstone hand on the play. Turn 1 I tomb into Grindstone because I want to get it under chalice and I dont want to tomb pass and he wasteland me. He Caverns on Ape and passes. I Tomb into Karn. I don' really know what to do here so I just +1 and attack with a grindstone, but I think I should've wished for Coating to start that process next turn. Either that or wish for bridge. I just figured that my hand was going to be unable to cast much since I didn't have a red source bridge might be bad. he goes temple pass. I draw coating like a champ and start Karning his lands away. He plays some inconsequential Mimics but I find a copter. After he stops playing land I make copter a 2/2 with karn to be able to block because tombs have me at a low life. I draw painter but am at 4. Go to 2 for painter and have great furnace with blast up. I skillfully draw city of traitors next turn and win. This was a match where I wish I had LED in the board to go get with Karn and win on the spot. Something to think about.
    G2 He goes Eye of Ugin into double mimic. Oh fuck. I tomb into painter which turns off eye and temple. He goes for Warpng Wail but I have monkey + blast. He makes a chalice. I skillfully rip abrade for the chalice and have blast up. I take over with Painter + Copter but I'm stuck on 2 lands and he's got 2 mimic hitting me back. I draw a pyroclasm and get both mimics. At some point I find land and win with grindstone. Painter turning off eye and temple saved my ass because he was about to follow up his turn 1 mimics with a turn 2 Thought Knot and just run me over.

Round 3: BUG Walker Nic Fit with Karn
    G1 I keep a turn 2 win hand but he thoughtseizes away my painter. I make a welder and petal and pass. He plays veteran explorer and has black open. I play city of traitors and cast grindstone off my mountain. I could go for it here, but I'm weary of Push and if I get to next turn I can go off with blast backup. His turn he liliana, -2, in response I activate grindstone hold priority and welded in Painter.
    G2 He thoughtseizes again and sees Gorilla Shaman, liquimetal coating, spirit guide, karn, and 3 lands. Takes Karn. I gorilla shaman and pass. He veteran explorers and passes. I coating, pitch spirit guide and stone rain him. I stone rain him every turn for about 6 turns and keep him off of veteran explorer. Finally kill explorer when he's out of lands and then kill off one of the lands he gets. He had take out a painter earlier and eventually I get welder, painter, and a grindstone and kill him when he's at 0 lands in play.

I was the sole 3-0 player so I win the event and get the prize. Cool! Gogo painter!

Deck actually felt alright. I don't know if this is what I'd play at a big event just because moon and bridge are so powerful, but it was certainly a blast to play. I think I may pick up an LED though here at some point for my Karn wish board. I think wish the new goblin engineer LED might have a place in the deck.

Karn & coating & shaman did work for you, sounds like! Congratulations on the win.

I absolutely would have gone for Bridge with Karn. That or Meekstone (I play, though), which is fantastic against TNN decks, DT, Eldrazi, etc. Sometimes you have to wait a turn to get Bridge online, so it forces an opponent with Meekstone out to attack you or Karn, so even if Karn sucks up damage the Meekstone locks them down.

Good work!

Thanks for the report, again. I agree with Michael that you should have gotten Bridge vs. Eldrazi.

I've been testing Liquimetal Coating as well and have been more impressed by it. A lot of times, I'm not in a position to go all in on Lattice, due to lack of Mana or fear of Spell Pierce. Coating also makes Blood Moon better vs. Miracles, because it's easier to cut opponent off white.

How do you feel about playing on 5 blasts in the MD? I have a hard time playing less than 8 in the 75, especially vs. Miracles and SnT.

Coating and Karn is basically Crucible/Strip Mine. It’s just so much more dynamic than that because of the synergies it has in the deck with Welder, Shaman, etc.

You have to be realistic sometimes: Lattice generally is going to eat either a counter, or Karn will die. I’ve resolved that combo one time since it’s been legal, and Coating with Karn like ten times. Even in multiples, Coating “Null Rods” a land of theirs during their upkeep with Karn out.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah I probably should've gotten at least something. Likely bridge just because it's something that they straight up can't beat at a certain point. And yeah agreed on coating being good. There was a turn where I needed to animate my Copter with Karn just to have a blocker and Coating still got to essentially Port his land that turn. And I definitely think a Mana source to wish for could be worth it. I'm not sure if it should be an Opal, LED, Petal, Furnace or something completely different. I think it at least needs to be a colored source so I'm not sold on monolith.

I think Grim Monolith is more reasonable than LED in the context of our deck if you want a ramp. I don't like the idea of forcing ourselves to go Hellbent; blasts are a valued resource, especially to win counter wars. I think the safest mana source to get off Karn is Great Furnace. I want to add mana source in my SB, but I don't have room for it.

I've tried 4 grim monoliths before i tried LEDs, and they're good, i guess, but surprisingly slow. What i mean is that you're going from 2 mana to 5, sure, but it's like a one-off ritual that you're most likely going to have to welder out and back in. If you're playing LEDs, there's no loss in tempo for a plus 3 mana. the cost of ditching the hand is nothing if you're going to win (when that happens). sure going hellbent isn't great, but the grim monolith is going to set you back 1 more turn at minimum.

bear in mind that this was a build where i had sundering titans, 2 myr battlesphere, 1 red gear hulk and 4 sandstone oracles, with 3 mono red darettis and 4 welders, and pre-karn era.

Maybe i should give monolith another shot. Does anyone have a spicy list out there for me to have a go at? especially in this wild-west time of legacy where the meta's completely out of whack, i feel like whipping out a really nutty version of painter for a spin.
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Run a league with this list:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Great Furnace
    9 Mountain

1 Walking Ballista
    3 Goblin Welder
    2 Gorilla Shaman
    3 Painter's Servant
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Magus of the Moon

3 Lotus Petal
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    3 Grindstone
    2 Liquimetal Coating
    2 Smuggler's Copter
    4 Karn, the Great Creator

4 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Blood Moon

2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Pyroclasm
    1 Scab-Clan Berserker
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Grindstone
    1 Painter's Servant
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Damping Sphere
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mycosynth Lattice

Ended up 2-3 since I punted a lot(experimenting painter)
    Wins against D&T and Cloudpost
    Losses against BR Reanimator and 2 S&S

I found that i missed 1 way to deal with artifact creatures.
    Something like Viashino Heretic as opposed to the 2nd Gorilla Shaman would be better from that league.
    LED was really meh.
    Missed the Bridges main
    Missed the Cratermaker
    Loved Revoker
    Think Ballista can be a tutor for Karn instead of Recruiter
    Copter was also average. might try to decrease on them and experiment with looting.

Sideboard needs serious work, but from tutorable options, these ones were great:
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Grindstone
    1 Painter's Servant
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Damping Sphere
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

Still not sold on the lattice, I can't imagine using it more that 1 time on a 10 round tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Thread Information