Page 206 of 258 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    In before the infinite questions of "hey I can't afford recruiters can I still play this guy instead even though it can't grab painter" from new people

The issue with it is that it doesn't get painter and a few of the cards that answer certain situations.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cab0747 View Post
    Soooooo..... ?

Can't cast it under blood moon without petals and that makes it real bad with bridges. Not an acceptable substitute in my opinion (but I've been away from the deck for almost a year now).

I always thought recruiter would be cool in modern or standard. It's a shame this dropped in conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    The issue with it is that it doesn't get painter and a few of the cards that answer certain situations.

Jack was just being sarcastic because that question gets asked a lot.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Dat .gif

My hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were talking about gamble in painter few posts before, but actually, the new daretti might give a new chance to the RB Painter build including 4 goblins, minslaver, LED and entomb !

Imo, it's far from broken, but i may give a try to this.
    What do you guys think about it ?

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

The fact that it makes artifacts to welder is pretty spicy. On top of that it can kill things makes it very interesting. Then add the 3cc and it has potential.

It would have to be built around though and may dillute our deck into a win more.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Nouille View Post
    We were talking about gamble in painter few posts before, but actually, the new daretti might give a new chance to the RB Painter build including 4 goblins, minslaver, LED and entomb !

Imo, it's far from broken, but i may give a try to this.
    What do you guys think about it ?
    Wow, that's pretty strong. He protects himself to some degree, has really strong removal, and his ultimate is definitely relevant. I liked playing black in general. It's almost a recent embarrassment of riches in the Planeswalker category now. Don't know if he is better than Nahiri though. Nahiri's ultimate is just so good. Obviously the creature removal is better with Darretti but he still can't take care of a counterbalance on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Honestly, im not concerned about counterbalance. Its the wear and tear that really blows us out of the water.

Painter has 6-8 blasts among other removal. So long as you dont push into the miracles player they will respect you. Many games have been won when im on the draw and elect to not play t1 welder or top because i want to represent blast. Whether i have it or not. Loosing to a t2 counterbalance is unacceptable.

Now this guy looks like a nice addition to our sideboard!
    Put it on three against S&T-Decks, put it on two against storm, as well as having a working protection against abrupt decay...

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post

Haha, I know he was joking. I guess my sarcasm didn't translate well through text.

I gathered but got in with the reason why so that a lot of people don't keep asking why :P

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by zangoasyl View Post
    Now this guy looks like a nice addition to our sideboard!
    Put it on three against S&T-Decks, put it on two against storm, as well as having a working protection against abrupt decay...

thoughts?
    Card is obviously insane but the double white is a major deal breaker. Also just to note this guy on 3 stops us from playing ensnaring bridge and on 2 RIP and we can't really play him at 1...

Here is my current list, what do you guys think?

Creatures
    1 manic vandal
    4 imperial recruiter
    1 magus of the moon
    4 painter's servant
    1 ethersworn canonist
    2 simian spirit guide
    1 jaya ballard
    3 goblin welder
    1 spirit of the labyrinth

Enchantments
    4 blood moon

Artifacts
    3 lotus petal
    1 pithing needle
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 grindstone
    2 Sensei's Divining Top

Instants
    4 pyroblast
    3 red elemental blast
    3 enlightened tutor

Lands
    2 mountain
    1 plains
    1 great furnace
    3 arid mesa
    2 plateau
    4 ancient tomb
    4 city of traitors

Sideboard
    1 nahiri, the harbinger
    1 engineered explosives
    2 shattering spree
    2 fiery confluence
    1 ensnaring bridge
    1 spirit of the labyrinth
    1 rest in peace
    1 duergar hedge-mage
    1 grafdigger's cage
    1 tormod's crypt (may cut)
    1 ethersworn canonist
    2 surgical extraction

Nov 2006
    Lithuania, Vilnius

Hello everyone,

I remember Wastelands being discussed here a long time ago, but I can't find that discussion and/or potential decklists now. Was there a conclusion reached on them not being worth it? Did anyone gave it a try in a bigger event? I'm playing in a small local Legacy event tomorrow and feeling up for some experimentation right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Game 3: turn 1: Chalice@1, turn 2: Sea Drake, turn 3: equip Sea Drake with SoFI. Drakes from the sea with flaming swords which are also frozen at the same time cause destruction of Biblical proportions. Just the way God intended.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Michael keller i believe was experimenting with them. I recall they were run in the spells slot and not the lands spot.

Nov 2006
    Lithuania, Vilnius

Quote Originally Posted by mcbain View Post
    Michael keller i believe was experimenting with them. I recall they were run in the spells slot and not the lands spot.

Thank you! This helped me find tournament report and a list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Game 3: turn 1: Chalice@1, turn 2: Sea Drake, turn 3: equip Sea Drake with SoFI. Drakes from the sea with flaming swords which are also frozen at the same time cause destruction of Biblical proportions. Just the way God intended.

Wasteland was okay, but it was really more preferential than anything else.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Valleysdai, i don know exactly what your meta looks like but i would try a more typical list first. Something by andrew wright or similar in the last few months perhaps.

Often ground can be made up by being familar with the deck and not odd choices. Overall it looks like a version of the deck from the days of dig througb time and omnishow.

Valleysdai, i don know exactly what your meta looks like but i would try a more typical list first. Something by andrew wright or similar in the last few months perhaps.

Often ground can be made up by being familar with the deck and not odd choices. Overall it looks like a version of the deck from the days of dig througb time and omnishow.

Thanks, I didn't realise that it resembled a previous version of the deck. My meta has quite a lot of miracles (who's meta doesn't?), a few d&t, elves and sometimes ant, tin fins, reanimator, eldrazi and burn.

What are the odd choices in the deck? The answers for various decks main?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    Thanks, I didn't realise that it resembled a previous version of the deck. My meta has quite a lot of miracles (who's meta doesn't?), a few d&t, elves and sometimes ant, tin fins, reanimator, eldrazi and burn.

What are the odd choices in the deck? The answers for various decks main?
    One of the biggest issues that we have with deckbuilding is that we tend to get a little lost with all the cards that we can play. People tend to see the best results with more streamlined lists, metagaming is nice but sometimes it ends up hurting you a lot more than helping you when you don't see the matchups that you are aiming for. It seems like your list is really all over the place. You have spirit for miracles, vandal for d&t and canonist for combo matchups.

I think that vandal (please upgrade to Duergar Hedge-Mage!) and pithing needle are nice (you might also want to try another revoker here) but unless you're facing elves/storm week after week I wouldn't play her main. The spirit just seems like an awkward 3/1 beater, I think if you want a slot in your maindeck that is good against miracles and has some applications vs other decks you might want to try a planeswalker e.g. nahiri, ajani, koth, etc.

One of the biggest issues that we have with deckbuilding is that we tend to get a little lost with all the cards that we can play. People tend to see the best results with more streamlined lists, metagaming is nice but sometimes it ends up hurting you a lot more than helping you when you don't see the matchups that you are aiming for. It seems like your list is really all over the place. You have spirit for miracles, vandal for d&t and canonist for combo matchups.

I think that vandal (please upgrade to Duergar Hedge-Mage!) and pithing needle are nice (you might also want to try another revoker here) but unless you're facing elves/storm week after week I wouldn't play her main. The spirit just seems like an awkward 3/1 beater, I think if you want a slot in your maindeck that is good against miracles and has some applications vs other decks you might want to try a planeswalker e.g. nahiri, ajani, koth, etc.
    (Chaos) Elves is the most likely match up that I am to face due to it being run by the person who I get a lift to events with.

The canonist and spirit I thought to try because after seeing quite a few decks played (especially elves) I was noticing how oftwn they drae/play more than 1 card per turn. So I thought have those to slow/stop them while I focus on comboing off.

The manic vandal is there due to the lack of land restriction to use his ability and I find pithing needle better than revoker due to the prevalence of spot removal (especially exile)

Thread Information