Page 221 of 258 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Red blasts are red.
    Painter's servant names blue.
    I'll active my grindstone, and kill you.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcbain View Post
    Red blasts are red.
    Painter's servant names blue.
    I'll active my grindstone, and kill you.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Running it through my head, I'd probably change it to

Blasts are red
    Painter says blue
    Activate Grindstone, I kill you

I don't know if you can see the difference, but it.... sounds better in my ear, when you say it out loud :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba View Post
    Thanks to those that came and joined from here. Sorry about the sudden stop, my Internet died (and is still dead). I'll be streaming Painter only hopefully every Friday night, I'll keep you posted!
    Where are you from?

I'm only asking in the event that I can get home from FNM on friday nights to watch you jam :D

Ancient Tomb Painter
    City of Traitors Grindstone
    Spirit Guide Red Blast

Quote Originally Posted by MoxNiller View Post
    Where are you from?

I'm only asking in the event that I can get home from FNM on friday nights to watch you jam :D
    I'm from Toronto Canada. I'll prolly be starting up between 9-10pm EST Fridays. I'll go late 90% of the nights, so you should be able to catch me when you get home.

Have people tried hope of ghirapur in RW painter? If so what is their verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    Have people tried hope of ghirapur in RW painter? If so what is their verdict?
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...d.php?p=990077

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Still using it. Assessment hasn't really changed. It still has been best at getting moon down for me so far. Drop hope turn one and attack, Sac, drop moon turn 2. I still enjoy the card but it is commonly the first card I side out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I want to revisit the discussion on Kozilek's return. I can't stress how good that card has been grinding on mtgo lately. Ignores mothere of runes, and at instant speed it greatly improves the elves matchup. This is my current list.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/575049#online

Vs pyroclasm the extra mana is nothing compared to the benefit of instant speed and ignoring mom. Vs fiery confluence you lose a little utility, but I personally have found it to be the strongest card in the red board wipe slot.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post
    I want to revisit the discussion on Kozilek's return. I can't stress how good that card has been grinding on mtgo lately. Ignores mothere of runes, and at instant speed it greatly improves the elves matchup. This is my current list.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/575049#online

Vs pyroclasm the extra mana is nothing compared to the benefit of instant speed and ignoring mom. Vs fiery confluence you lose a little utility, but I personally have found it to be the strongest card in the red board wipe slot.
    I think the biggest knock against the card, to the point that it's unplayable in my eyes, is that a painter out reactivates mother of runes since painter overwrites devoid.
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    I think the biggest knock against the card, to the point that it's unplayable in my eyes, is that a painter out reactivates mother of runes since painter overwrites devoid.
    That's true for all red board wipes, all you have to do is target mom with a (eg) REB first and then when it activates wipe in response (or vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    That's true for all red board wipes, all you have to do is target mom with a (eg) REB first and then when it activates wipe in response (or vice versa)
    That's why I play sudden shocks. Mother of runes is not a problem with split second.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    I feel like there are enough situations where you either don't have a painter out or are okay with wiping the rest of their board other than 1 thing. As other people have said most of our boardwipes suffer the same problem unless you hit them while mom has summoning sickness. I think one of the big advantages of it is that it's instant speed and you can wipe their board eot and then untap and kill them however it is 3 mana and that is a lot in legacy especially against a deck that is trying to tax you with thalia, port and wasteland.

Speaking of mother of runes how do you feel about the matchup? I was playing something similar to your list for a while and the matchup felt kind of sketchy. I usually have felt favored with some of the previous versions of the deck. I noticed that if my opponent ever got to mid or late game with a few lock pieces online I would just lose the game. I was running a few sudden shocks main for the spike of d&t at my local shop in the last month, that kind of solved the problem.

Anyways, I went to the team event this weekend and ended up with the same record as my team (6-3). Event was super fun and I hope that SCG or whatever other tournament organizers run a few more this year. I added a magus to the main because I was expected a lot of BUG decks and I took out a Chandra because I was having troubles casting her with just 19 lands. I like the Ajani because of the number of BUG decks that are running around as well. Also congrats to Mapson on making the semis, even though he wasn't playing painter .

1 - 2 D&T
    1 - 2 BUG Delver w/stifle
    2 - 1 Food Chain
    1 - 1 Miracles: My teammates won in the first couple of turns of game 3 so I didn't end up playing out this match.
    2 - 1 Grixis Delver
    2 - 0 BUG Delver w/stifle
    0 - 2 Burn : P Sully on burn, never really had a chance. Also killed us from making day 2.
    2 - 0 D&T
    2 - 0 Skill and Show

List

3 City of Traitors
    2 Plateau
    1 Great Furnace
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Arid Mesa
    4 Mountain

4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Painter's Servant
    3 Goblin Welder
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Magus of the Moon
    1 Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

4 Blood Moon

4 Grindstone
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Lotus Petal
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    2 Ensnaring Bridge

4 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance

3 Sudden Shock
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Fiery Confluence
    1 Duergar Hedge-Mage
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Ajani Vengant
    Last edited by CptHaddock; 02-20-2017 at 01:40 PM.

I've been grinding a lot on MTGO lately and the D&T and miracles matchups are what prompted me to go from a more traditional shortcake list to what I'm running now.

D&T has always been a very even and complex matchup, usually involving long games with revoker, welder, bridge lock, and lots of interaction. Since the addition of prelate and recruiter of the guard the matchup is much worse game one for us. If they get prelate on 1 with mom protection it's over. We can't even use a resloved welder to cheat grindstone into play like with chalice because we simply can't cast 1 drops. This is what prompted my sideboard of 2 kreturn, 2 sudden shock, 1 pyrokinesis. Also I'm running 3 chandra main. All of this has made the d&t matchup very manageable, my record since updating the list is positive against them

For a long time now Mentor has made Koth a poor answer to miracles. The 4/4 haste mountain rarely connects, and his ult is too slow to race the mentor beats clock. This is another matchup where chandra really shines.

All in all I like this list a lot. I'm not even running etutor main, I almost considered going back to mono-r but the etutor sideboard plan is just too good against storm and reanimator, which I think are absolutely awful matchup's without white in the deck. Cutting etutor from the main has not hurt these matchups either, I'm still positive against storm and blue reanimator. BR reanimator is often too fast regardless of what list we run, the best answer I've seen is 3 copies of crypt but the deck isn't popular enough to warrant that I think.

Sep 2014
    West Chester, PA

@CaptHaddock. Thanks man. The team would have let me play Painter but I think the composition we had worked just fine, plus my cities are out getting altered. I'll share a picture when they're back

Mar 2016
    Des Moines

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post
    I've been grinding a lot on MTGO lately and the D&T and miracles matchups are what prompted me to go from a more traditional shortcake list to what I'm running now.

D&T has always been a very even and complex matchup, usually involving long games with revoker, welder, bridge lock, and lots of interaction. Since the addition of prelate and recruiter of the guard the matchup is much worse game one for us. If they get prelate on 1 with mom protection it's over. We can't even use a resloved welder to cheat grindstone into play like with chalice because we simply can't cast 1 drops. This is what prompted my sideboard of 2 kreturn, 2 sudden shock, 1 pyrokinesis. Also I'm running 3 chandra main. All of this has made the d&t matchup very manageable, my record since updating the list is positive against them

For a long time now Mentor has made Koth a poor answer to miracles. The 4/4 haste mountain rarely connects, and his ult is too slow to race the mentor beats clock. This is another matchup where chandra really shines.

All in all I like this list a lot. I'm not even running etutor main, I almost considered going back to mono-r but the etutor sideboard plan is just too good against storm and reanimator, which I think are absolutely awful matchup's without white in the deck. Cutting etutor from the main has not hurt these matchups either, I'm still positive against storm and blue reanimator. BR reanimator is often too fast regardless of what list we run, the best answer I've seen is 3 copies of crypt but the deck isn't popular enough to warrant that I think.
    I love playing the D&T match up. They're always great games. Prelate definently makes game one harder but also benefits us as it turns off their STP. I had a Jaya go all the way the other day cause my opponent couldn't find a revoker. Game two I was able to discard Grindstone to Jaya and weld it back in after I wrecked his life with Sulfur Elemental and Painter on white. Bye bye revokers. Speaking of the D&T match up, do you guys typically leave a couple Moons in or do you take them all out?

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Your recent mtgo league match was on CFB, pinkfrosting

http://www.channelfireball.com/video...acy-bg-depths/

Not much to see really

Apr 2015
    Oslo, Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Fortune View Post
    Speaking of the D&T match up, do you guys typically leave a couple Moons in or do you take them all out?
    I usually leave a couple in, or 1/1 split of Moon/Magus if I run them. They shouldn't dare to keep a non-white land hand after game 1, but we should have the possibility to punish them if they do.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Your recent mtgo league match was on CFB, pinkfrosting

http://www.channelfireball.com/video...acy-bg-depths/

Not much to see really
    Kind of surprised he didn't play out more of game 1, I would have atleast played until I either only had plays that gave away what deck I was playing or figured out what my opponent was on. That way you can avoid the classic boarding out 3 pithing needles against the deck trying to activate grindstone strategy but that is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcrux View Post
    I usually leave a couple in, or 1/1 split of Moon/Magus if I run them. They shouldn't dare to keep a non-white land hand after game 1, but we should have the possibility to punish them if they do.

I usually keep 2 blood moons in. It is surprisingly good against the deck because you don't want to keep getting ported and wasted. I usually side out magus of the moon because of the inevitable stp. My matchup has been pretty favorable against d&t lately. After board I usually have 2 fiery confluence, 4 sudden shocks, manic vandal, and 3 ensnaring bridge total to deal with that match up.

Thread Information