Page 255 of 258 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258 LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Lattice is much better in a list that runs Looting. With Welder active, the cost to get it into play is much more reasonable than six mana.

That being said, I’m going to experiment with a quad LED list at some point.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Lattice is much better in a list that runs Looting. With Welder active, the cost to get it into play is much more reasonable than six mana.

Are you contemplating 4 Welders then? + some amount of the new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Jan 2017
    TN

I've been tinkering with a Painter/Bomberman hybrid quite a bit lately.
    I will say that having 4 LEDs across the 75 feels super busted at times in conjunction with Goblin Welder.
    I've been getting some ridiculous board states and very fast wins.
    I'm still tweaking the list and it's still probably not the correct build (yet), but it just oozes raw power.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Seems interesting. I do agree with someone in the other thread though that it sucks that painter is really just a combo piece in this version without blasts, but space is tight. Welder LED interaction is definitely something I'm interested in with on board tutors and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Are there any other color matters kind of cards that could work with painter that are tutorable with karn (other than grindstone)?
    -rob

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Distorting Lens to be a pseudo painter I guess to turn on blasts.
    Hall of Triumph for an anthem
    Illuminated Folio as draw
    Scrying Glass as an also weird draw
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I’m working on a new R/b Karn list with Entomb, Goblin Engineer, Welder, LED, and, of course, Karn. I’m also experimenting with the Tainted Pact interaction with Karn.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I’m working on a new R/b Karn list with Entomb, Goblin Engineer, Welder, LED, and, of course, Karn. I’m also experimenting with the Tainted Pact interaction with Karn.
    Sick. I've been thinking about the possibility of just running like a Singleton big day welder Target to get with engineer. I guess the options are mostly like Inkwell, Sphinx of the Steel Wind, maybe the new Bolas double sphere thing, and I guess there's an argument to a main board Lattice to find too. Battlesphere is also a possibility I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Sick. I've been thinking about the possibility of just running like a Singleton big day welder Target to get with engineer. I guess the options are mostly like Inkwell, Sphinx of the Steel Wind, maybe the new Bolas double sphere thing, and I guess there's an argument to a main board Lattice to find too. Battlesphere is also a possibility I guess
    It really depends on the meta. But yeah, I'm looking into most likely Inkwell Leviathan. It's absolutely devastating against a variety of decks and puts the clock right on.

I also think there's value in cards like Phyrexian Metamorph and Duplicant, to a lesser extent.

Jan 2017
    TN

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been brewing.
    I've even been working on a UB 2-Card-Monte deck, since we are getting the London Mulligan.

Here is a rough draft:

4-Karn-Monte

Land (16)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    2x Island
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Seat of the Synod
    2x Swamp
    2x Underground Sea

Planeswalker (7)
    4x Karn, the Great Creator
    3x Narset, Parter of Veils

Instant (4)
    4x Brainstorm

Creature (3)
    3x Painter's Servant

Artifact (16)
    3x Grindstone
    3x Helm of Obedience
    3x Lion's Eye Diamond
    4x Lotus Petal
    3x Mox Opal

Sorcery (10)
    3x Echo of Eons
    3x Ponder
    4x Thoughtseize

Enchantment (4)
    4x Leyline of the Void

Sideboard
    2x Collective Brutality
    1x Engineered Explosives
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Grindstone
    1x Helm of Obedience
    1x Lion's Eye Diamond
    1x Mycosynth Lattice
    1x Painter's Servant
    2x Perilous Voyage
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Anvil of Bogardan

edit: also, @Michael Keller, Tainted Pact + Karn sounds nasty.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

What is everyone's SB/Wishboard looking like right now?
    My current wish targets with 3 Karn is
    Pithing Needle
    Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Tormods Crypt
    Grafdiggers Cage
    Mycosynth Lattice
    Grindstone
    3x Thorn of Amethyst

Obviously the second crypt and thorns aren't strictly there for wishing. I feel like I can probably afford to cut something like Cage maybe? I really just want my wish board to pretty much be at the care minimum and maybe for in a 6th blast in my board to board in

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit9mm View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been brewing.
    I've even been working on a UB 2-Card-Monte deck, since we are getting the London Mulligan.

Here is a rough draft:

4-Karn-Monte

Land (16)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    2x Island
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Seat of the Synod
    2x Swamp
    2x Underground Sea

Planeswalker (7)
    4x Karn, the Great Creator
    3x Narset, Parter of Veils

Instant (4)
    4x Brainstorm

Creature (3)
    3x Painter's Servant

Artifact (16)
    3x Grindstone
    3x Helm of Obedience
    3x Lion's Eye Diamond
    4x Lotus Petal
    3x Mox Opal

Sorcery (10)
    3x Echo of Eons
    3x Ponder
    4x Thoughtseize

Enchantment (4)
    4x Leyline of the Void

Sideboard
    2x Collective Brutality
    1x Engineered Explosives
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Grindstone
    1x Helm of Obedience
    1x Lion's Eye Diamond
    1x Mycosynth Lattice
    1x Painter's Servant
    2x Perilous Voyage
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Anvil of Bogardan

edit: also, @Michael Keller, Tainted Pact + Karn sounds nasty.
    How does the interaction between leyline and grindstone work? I assumed it was that 2 exiles cards can’t share colour, so it’s a bit of a nonbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    How does the interaction between leyline and grindstone work? I assumed it was that 2 exiles cards can’t share colour, so it’s a bit of a nonbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grindstone does only care of the color of the cards, and not if they indeed go to the graveyard. So it does work.
    This has been confirmed many times by judges, alas I'm not able to find a reference right now.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Grindstone says: "If both cards share a color, repeat this process." That condition applies even if the cards were put into a zone other than what Grindstone's ability says, because they retain the "color" property in all zones (and are affected by Painter's Servants ability in all zones).

Feb 2006
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    What is everyone's SB/Wishboard looking like right now?
    My current wish targets with 3 Karn is
    Pithing Needle
    Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Tormods Crypt
    Grafdiggers Cage
    Mycosynth Lattice
    Grindstone
    3x Thorn of Amethyst

Obviously the second crypt and thorns aren't strictly there for wishing. I feel like I can probably afford to cut something like Cage maybe? I really just want my wish board to pretty much be at the care minimum and maybe for in a 6th blast in my board to board in
    I'm on 4 Karn and have 4 exclusive wish targets (as in I never plan on boarding them in): Mycosynth Lattice, LED, Grindstone, and Ensnaring Bridge.

The rest of the board is:
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Tormod's Crypt (might be 1 Crypt, 1 Faerie Macabre)
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass (might be 1 Phyrexian Revoker, though I do like the ability to name Wasteland or Thespian's Stage)
    3 Trinisphere (might go down to 2 in favor of a 4th GY interaction card depending on how the London Mulligan shakes out, probably Surgical Extraction)
    1 Blood Moon
    2 Magus of the Moon

I have no qualms boarding in all of the graveyard hate, all of the Trinispheres, and all of the Needle effects in matchups that call for them early and where finding them with Karn could be too slow. I think if I do go up to 4 GY hate cards in the SB, I could see leaving a Crypt or Relic to wish for in postboard games.

The consideration for Revoker or Macabre is (obviously) that Recruiter can find them. I think Macabre is a slightly weaker card compared to Crypt or Surgical but having 4 ways to find it does encourage a split. Does anyone have experience on Revoker vs Needle/Spyglass?

Generally, I think having a small dedicated wish package (like 5 or fewer cards) along with artifacts that CAN be wished for G1 but most likely all come in postboard is the way to go in order to maximize the efficiency of SB slots. TES adheres to a similar principle: "We try not to play an entire sideboard full of Burning Wish targets as doesn’t create the greatest value out of our available slots. Generally, I try to have no more than six or seven Burning Wish targets." (from theepicstorm.com). The stock TES list has 5 dedicated Burning Wish targets plus a sixth target in 3 Empty the Warrens, and often will board in 2 of the ETW in postboard games.

@Megadeus - how have the Thorns been? I was considering them over the Trinispheres.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Good thought on not over loading the board with too many Karn targets. Maybe I'll shave mine down a bit. I like Macabre because the recruiter thing. Being able to turn 1 a recruiter for macabre probably makes a number of hands more keepable even though Macabre is a weaker card. Also with the London Mulligan happening for sure it might change my board a bit too we'll see. Thorns have been fine for me. Not much storm around me though so I just generally bring them in against like deaths shadow and show and tell where they're fine but probably would be better off being something else. I just like that we can leverage The fact that a lot of our game plan revolves around creatures, and that I'm more likely to have 2 mana turn 1 than 3 for Trinisphere. I just feel like turn 1 thorn is so important against the decks that you want it against that it's worth the slightly weaker effect. Though I am debating a single 3 ball once engineer comes out just to find off of him to try to have game against Omniscience.

As for Revoker I value the ability to find it off recruiter and also it's ability to shut off artifact Mana like LED and Diamond since I have moons to beat depths stuff

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Next weekend is our big local quarterly. Used to be just legacy but it's teams this time. I think this list is what I'm gonna be on. Bolts over clasm might be wrong, but Keller said they've been great in shortcake so I believe him

Imperial Painter:

Maindeck (60)
    3 Goblin Welder
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    2 Goblin Engineer
    4 Painter's Servant
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Magus of the Moon
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Lotus Petal
    3 Grindstone
    3 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Blood Moon
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    10 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
    1 Faerie Macabre
    3 Lightning Bolt
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Grindstone
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mycosynth Lattice

Shared via TopDecked MTG

https://www.topdecked.me/decks/cc879...c-131db3e442b5

I’m honestly only a believer in Bolt in the mono red versions because white opens up more space with combo involved. I think Bolt is fine in either deck, but I like Pyroclasm actually better than Bolt out of the sideboard.

But I’m also working on a Rb build that uses Plague Engineer, Entomb and Thoughtseize. So I’ll keep you posted.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I’m honestly only a believer in Bolt in the mono red versions because white opens up more space with combo involved. I think Bolt is fine in either deck, but I like Pyroclasm actually better than Bolt out of the sideboard.

But I’m also working on a Rb build that uses Plague Engineer, Entomb and Thoughtseize. So I’ll keep you posted.
    I'm definitely very interested. Welder is the reason I love the deck and Entomb in this build has always interested me. I'm trying not to be too graveyard dependant so I'm only on a couple Engineers

Goblin Engineer has been very good. Currently only testing it as a 1-of. The fact that Recruiter can chain to Grindstone is a big deal. My current list:

Land (22)
    10 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Great Furnace

Creature (18)
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Goblin Engineer
    2 Goblin Welder
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Magus of the Moon
    3 Painter's Servant
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Spellskite

Planeswalker (6)
    2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    4 Karn, the Great Creator

Other Spells (14)
    4 Blood Moon
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Grindstone
    4 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast

Sideboard (15)
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Grindstone
    4x Lightning Bolt
    1x Mycosynth Lattice
    1x Painter's Servant
    1x Phyrexian Revoker
    2x Red Elemental Blast
    1x Surgical Extraction
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    1x Walking Ballista

UR Delver
    -4 Blood Moon
    -1 Magus of the Moon
    -1 Phyrexian Revoker
    +4 Lightning Bolt
    +2 Red Elemental Blast

UW Control:
    -4 Blood Moon
    -1 Ensnaring Bridge
    -1 Goblin Cratermaker (except Stoneblade)
    -1 Magus of the Moon
    +4 Lightning Bolt
    +2 Red Elemental Blast
    +1 Surgical Extraction (except Stoneblade)

DnT/Maverick:
    -2 Blood Moon
    -2 Red Elemental Blast
    +4 Lightning Bolt

Elves:
    -4 Blood Moon
    -0~1 Ensnaring Bridge
    -1 Magus of the Moon
    +4 Lightning Bolt
    +1~2 Red Elemental Blast

Storm:
    -4 Blood Moon