Page 252 of 258 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

It's competitive. I mean, the foundation is exactly the same as any other Painter deck except it's using a unique tutor package (Pact over Enlightened).

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    It's competitive. I mean, the foundation is exactly the same as any other Painter deck except it's using a unique tutor package (Pact over Enlightened).
    Pact seems pretty meh just looking at the deck. How does it work out in actual games? I like the thought of black splash, but not necessarily for pact. I could see Infernal Tutor actually being decent especially in a version already heavily in on ensnaring Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

3-2 today at Tuskvitational. My list pretty untuned with Cratermakers. Many of my matches were won on the strength of blood moon which affirms one of the main reasons to play the deck. Losses werewere to goblins (their cratermakers and trashmasters really make it tough), and Big Eldrazi post (Grim Monolith > Blood Moon). Beat Mono black Braids, Lands, and Grixis Control. Bridges were great. Unsure of how to tune more. Don't know if double down on prison element or go more inin on the aggro copter plan. Either way I've been itching to play Karn. Might be the next thing to try.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Got top 8 at a local 3k. Maybe I'll write up aa worryreport later when I'm not completely hung over

How effective a lock has moon been, given the rise of back to basics in miracles? Has anyone noticed a change?

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by finksfinksfinks View Post
    How effective a lock has moon been, given the rise of back to basics in miracles? Has anyone noticed a change?
    My last event moon was outstanding. Didn't play against miracles though. Fast moon on the play still mightmight steal a game and even turning fetches off is good while also limiting how many spells they can play. Idk, I'm playing the deck because of the strength of blood moon so I'm not cutting down on them.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

3-O tonight. Blood Moon is good. Tried out Sin Prodders tonight as aa draw engine that has synergy with welder and improves thethe beat downdown. It was good one of the games. Deck feels great still. Obviously with Sin Orodders mana monkeymonkey is better than petal so iI ran more of them. I think it has some potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    3-O tonight. Blood Moon is good. Tried out Sin Prodders tonight as aa draw engine that has synergy with welder and improves thethe beat downdown. It was good one of the games. Deck feels great still. Obviously with Sin Orodders mana monkeymonkey is better than petal so iI ran more of them. I think it has some potential.
    Can you share your list?

Tried out Sin Prodders tonight as aa draw engine that has synergy with welder and improves thethe beat downdown. It was good one of the games. Deck feels great still. Obviously with Sin Orodders mana monkeymonkey is better than petal so iI ran more of them. I think it has some potential.
    I'm not totally convinced about mana monkey better than petal, Wes, it's 3 damages instead of 0, but petal synergies with welder and allow you to take back artifacts put in the graveyard via sin prodder.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

My list I played last night I believe is:

4 Painter's Servant
    4 Grindstone
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Pia and Kira Nalaar
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Goblin Welder
    3 Sin Prodder
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast (I have a nice FBB Korean one so I'm gonna play it dammit)
    3 Smuggler's Copter
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Blood Moon
    1 Magus of the Moon
    2 Lotus Petal
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Grim Lavamancer

4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    11 Mountain

SB Fluctuates but last night
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Abrade
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Pyroclasm

A bit different from my 1k Top 8 list. I need to make a cut from the main board. Probably is either Lavamancer or Ballista. Moons won me my G1 against Miracles. Turn 1 Moon into T3 combo kill while he had 2 Scalding Tarn. He also (probably mistakenly) removed a G2 moon which was nice and cleared the path for Sin Prodder to stick around. Moons won me Games 1&3 against Mono Green 12 Post. Magus was key G3 because he had 2 KGrips in hand but a 2/2 doesn't care about that. I get why people are down on moons right now in the meta, but a fast moon can still steal a win. And half the reason to play the deck is due to moons. You don't play the combo because it's particularly powerful or efficient.

17 Artifacts does feel kind of low for Welder tbh. Many games it just sits there and does nothing. But when it's good it's good. And it's still a great trick against opposing decks if you can bin an artifact. Also I'm kind of meh on Cratermaker. It's been fine, but so often I really just wish it were still abrade. I think at a large event I'd go back to more prison based with bridges and such and no Copters and put back in Abrade

Has anyone played imperial painter recently?
    I imagine that with the rise of basics again, it’s not as effective as strawberry shortcake or some other combo build. But I imagine it’s still a thing.

I’d be interested to give it a spin, but I don’t have the city of traitors. Does anyone have a budget option/idea for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

7-2 with Light up the Stage Painter at #SCGNY

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    7-2 with Light up the Stage Painter at #SCGNY
    nice! good luck in day 2

Two Lava Darts in the sideboard have been amazing (and even better with Light up the Stage).

8-2 now. Beat Green 12-Post.

Congrats! That sounds like it’s an easy matchup though, especially if you go 6 moon effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Megadeus's Sin Prodder tech works especially nicely with Light Up the Stage, which is new tech from Michael Keller. Worth trying mono-red again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Gonna be playing side events for legacy all weekend here at GP Tampa. Here's the list for the first side event. Will either tweak throughout or go to steel stompy

Imperial Painter:

Maindeck (61)
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Goblin Welder
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Painter's Servant
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Magus of the Moon
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    4 Light Up the Stage
    2 Lotus Petal
    4 Grindstone
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    10 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Abrade
    2 Pyroclasm
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

Inspired by Hollywood using light up the stage so we'll see how it goes

First thoughts on goldfish, does light up the stage incentive me to play petals over Spirit guides since they are more easily castable?

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

First thoughts on goldfish, does light up the stage incentive me to play petals over Spirit guides since they are more easily castable?
    I'm thinking once one of those blood moons lands you'll want some grizzly bears to attack with that also help you enable LUTS. I'd start testing with SSGs.

Thoughts on using LutS alongside Copter? They seem like a good way to generate damage and card advantage, thereby digging through your deck to find combo pieces.
    I'm going to be testing a version similar to the shortcake decks, but with Etutor replaced with LutS to eliminate the white splash.

Thread Information