Page 101 of 258 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Quote Originally Posted by oliverpool View Post
    I played with tin fins many times. This is the first time I seen this version though. They cast entomb for a emurakul then before the shuffle effects goes off, he cast goryo's vengence to get it into play for one turn with haste.
    I think all versions of Tin Fins use Goryo's Vengeance with Emrakul

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I played with tin fins many times. This is the first time I seen this version though. They cast entomb for a emurakul then before the shuffle effects goes off, he cast goryo's vengence to get it into play for one turn with haste. I guess there are quite a number of different reanimators decks around that I never saw the one with emurakul till now. Why is it called tin fins?
    I think it is really rare to see this happen because they only run one Emmy.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I think it is really rare to see this happen because they only run one Emmy.
    The number of Emmys in the list has nothing to do with how often they can do the described play (Entomb for Emmy, Goryo it)...

I was just thinking. Would you think playing Manamorphose would make sense? Its a cantrip so thins the deck a little plus it can give you white mana if you do not already have a plateau or lotus petal. I understand that for IP there is little else we can cut to include in Manamorphose. Just a thought though.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

What would you cut for it? Also what does it honestly gain?

To answer the earlier question, Tin Fins is named after a Sea Lab episode.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

What would you cut for it? Also what does it honestly gain?

To answer the earlier question, Tin Fins is named after a Sea Lab episode.
    What do you think about Martyr of Ashes?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Good card, I use to use it before Delver became a big issue locally. Now I am playing the R/W build though and the Artifact count has increased, not so useful any more. But Mono Red, it can win you games.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I was just thinking. Would you think playing Manamorphose would make sense? Its a cantrip so thins the deck a little plus it can give you white mana if you do not already have a plateau or lotus petal. I understand that for IP there is little else we can cut to include in Manamorphose. Just a thought though.
    Petal gives you white mana and a better chance at a T1 Moon effect. Manamorphose can help you get through your deck, but nothing more.

Additionally, we are pressed for space as it is. This seems liek an empty slot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cab0747 View Post
    Petal gives you white mana and a better chance at a T1 Moon effect. Manamorphose can help you get through your deck, but nothing more.

Additionally, we are pressed for space as it is. This seems liek an empty slot to me.
    Agree that petal still makes more sense as it can be left on board to let the opponent think you have a blast in hand. Its also a artifact for the welder. The only card that I can see Manamorphose fitting in is the lotus petal slot. But ya petal probably is still much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Barring any last minute issues, I'll be hopping back on the stream game tonight after a long hiatus. List I'll run is the same as it has been for a month or two now. Found in the white splash post. 730 et slot.
    Not able to join in live but just watched the first recording. Love your optimism! Simian Simian and haaa... Got to learn that trick someday...

It is a shame: There are a lot of cards I think we would like to add, but just do not have the space for. I have been dying to MD Koth, but it is tough to justify cutting anything. Especially in the Rw version.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    Yeah, I played with one stoneforge and one jitte main and one batterskull in the board. It would come against burn and miracles. It was good against burn if you could survive long enough to get it out. The nice thing is that they are constantly having to point their burn at jitte equipped creatures, the stoneforge or the batterskull instead of your face. It wasn't as good as I thought against miracles though so I ended up cutting it to fit the RIP/helm combo in against them. Helm has good splash effect against show and tell so I like it better. A few of the earlier players are still using the stoneforge package though I think, so maybe they can also comment on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought I was stronger than Batterskull .. Interesting rip / helm! In what quantity? And in that mu put it in?

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spector14 View Post
    I thought I was stronger than Batterskull .. Interesting rip / helm! In what quantity? And in that mu put it in?

Any matchup that you bring in RIP. Just an extra win con.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

And any matchup where they play Extirpate effects, RiP is also key in DRS/Eldrazi matchups.

Oct 2012
    Italy

So we can side in rip/helm against: eldrazi deck; bgx aggro control/ tempo, dredge, ecc.??

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by spector14 View Post
    So we can side in rip/helm against: eldrazi deck; bgx aggro control/ tempo, dredge, ecc.??

Yes, all of those plus I side it in against Miracles as it's a more difficult combo for them to deal with and more Miracles players have 1-2 copies of snapcaster these days. Helm is also very good at milling their deck even without the RIP out.
    I'm still really having trouble with the Miracles matchup though. I played against it in the daily last night and if they get down the early counterbalance it's really hard. My secret tech of word of seizing definitely helps and in the second game I had a top out and bet I looked at 15 cards without seeing one (of 2), which would have won me the game against an ultimate Jace. Still, does anyone have total confidence in their Miracles matchup and, if so, how? The problem is, this is such a prevalent deck right now that if the matchup is that bad then it's not even worth bringing this deck to a real tourney. My only hope is that 12-post gets really popular to kill miracles and then we can prey on them.

Yes, all of those plus I side it in against Miracles as it's a more difficult combo for them to deal with and more Miracles players have 1-2 copies of snapcaster these days. Helm is also very good at milling their deck even without the RIP out.
    I'm still really having trouble with the Miracles matchup though. I played against it in the daily last night and if they get down the early counterbalance it's really hard. My secret tech of word of seizing definitely helps and in the second game I had a top out and bet I looked at 15 cards without seeing one (of 2), which would have won me the game against an ultimate Jace. Still, does anyone have total confidence in their Miracles matchup and, if so, how? The problem is, this is such a prevalent deck right now that if the matchup is that bad then it's not even worth bringing this deck to a real tourney. My only hope is that 12-post gets really popular to kill miracles and then we can prey on them.
    In my experience, the top/CB lock is pretty close to gg. However, I wouldn't say that Miracles is a bad match-up. It may not be in our favor, but I don't think it is bad enough to not bring Painter to a larger event.

The deck is real big on MTGO. While this is annoying, I do not think it will dominate the meta at a larger event like it does online. Even if a lot of people are on the Miracles bandwagon in November, I will still jam painter at GP NJ.

If the meta shifts, and becomes unfavorable for us, I may have to jam a TON of DnT or UWR delver just before the GP. Blahhhhhh, I hope burn doesn't pick up again!

Oct 2012
    Italy

Games against miracles are very skillful and full of interactions. Your grindstone can interact with the top of their library and this creates a lot of mindgames.

In general, i don't think the matchup is that bad. You have to be conscious that they have inevitability, so you can't durdle forever. A fast combo can get the job done sometimes. A fast moon sometimes annoys their manabase enough that you are able to win before they do relevant things. Other times it gets grindier and then you can try the beatdown mode with recruiter into recruiter that is decent against terminus. also ensnaring bridge can stop their angels but then you have to ensure that they don't land a jace. Don't miss any occasion to casually mill them with grindstone because there is the small possibility that the game goes very long and you naturally mill them. Obviously do whatever you can to prevent them from assembling top/counterbalance. Koth is very good against them but unfortunately he can't be tutored.... a singleton vexing shusher may help too.

Overall , you just mustn't play scaried. If i think about it , i could say that miracles is favored against every deck in the format (except maybe goblins or fring tier 2 decks ? ) , because they have answers to everything and inevitability in the long game. But like every pure control deck, they need to see their answers at the right time or they can randomly die. I could go as far as saying that if they don't see top they are a quite bad deck.... so don't have fear, look them straight in the eyes and make them have answers to everything you throw at them.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Ahah thanks for the full and pretty answer! The right for This alternative combo is 3 rip and 1 helm or more? And when side in helm/rip goblin welder it's an automatically side out?

I did some goldfish with the standard strawberry shortcake version with the idea to force a moon effects as soon as possible and here are the results.

First, the «methodology» :
    - Every 7-hand with no possibility of turn 1-2 moon or combo is mulliganed.
    - Every 6-hand with no possibility of turn 1-3 moon or combo is mulliganed.
    - It is really goldfish and plays are not optimal. I just looked at the possibility of blood moon or magus as soon as possible even if it is dangerous (for example keep a hand with city of traitors, moon, guide and no other mana source)
    - I did 50 simulation (I know it is not enough)

The results :
    Moon turn 1 : 22%
    Moon turn 2 : 50%
    Moon turn 3 : 10%

Combo turn 2 : 4%
    Combo turn 3 : 2%

Other : 12%

Some remarks.
    I didn't look at dropping an early bridge, but in some matchup it can be a good idea too.
    Combo turn 1 is possible but unlikely (combo, sol land, 4 guides/lotus)
    I didn't keep track of possibility of moon turn 2/3 with backup instead of 1/2 without.
    I didn't made the distinction moon/magus.

Hope it will be helpfull.

Thread Information