Page 103 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Oh, Sword. Did not think of that. It blanks Bolt, it gains back some of the life that Tomb takes from us and it gets back anything useful (Jaya) that dies. Also, it gives Painter pro Swords to Plowshares. I like it.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Congrats on the top 4 Capn.
    Was the semi-final match the only one with you on camera?
    Not to be a dink but it is a little ironic that you lost to Miracles. I'm just saying that match-up totally sucks, especially when the Miracles player drags it on for 30 extra turns.

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    Not to be a dink but it is a little ironic that you lost to Miracles. I'm just saying that match-up totally sucks, especially when the Miracles player drags it on for 30 extra turns.
    I am still having really poor match ups with Miracles as well. I am still trying to get my head around how we can beat them without really being lucky. I think my record vs miracles is around 25% at this time. For some reason, I do not seem to be able to "practice" playing with them. I only see them during the daily event. I think Wizard may have to do something. IN MTGO with the auto shuffle etc, they already almost always run out of time if it goes into game three. In real life, Many just run out of time. At least in my game shops tournament whenever I see them competing. At least in MTGO you can see that they are taking their own time. In real life games, they basically are taking 2/3 of the 50 mins allocated game time with the topping and pondering and brainstorming.....

And now with the new goblin prison deck ( 8 moon effects in main deck) being played quite a bit, I believe many folks will be starting to include basics in their deck. Still IP managed to get 2 top 16's in the last event. So it still has some legs left!

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post

Yup only one on camera.

Yea karma got me. I was talking shit about miracles and then it got away from me. Mcbain is definitely right though. I misplayed hard in game three by getting aggressive with the painter. There wasn't any real reason to do that since I was holding three blasts with another on top. Even if moon got destroyed, I would have been able to counter anything I really cared about like that balance the turn after. I also should have suspected a reb when he left his tundra untapped over his island. Basically the one-of weartear wrecked me and I wasn't considering it. So that's on me Game 2 after rewatching I should have played the preemptive ratchet bomb instead of painter because he was still doing nothing to pressure me.

To be fair, I wasn't going to scoop to the balance lock because a) I was able to get out of the first one and b) if I could have lucksacked into big daddy koth early into both cb locks it would have actually brought it home.

Oh well. It was definitely winnable, I just went for the aggressive line of playing painter into untap next turn with three vindicates at the ready and go after his two basics. Got punished by the one-ofs, I was trying to play around the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Yup only one on camera.

Yea karma got me. I was talking shit about miracles and then it got away from me. Mcbain is definitely right though. I misplayed hard in game three by getting aggressive with the painter. There wasn't any real reason to do that since I was holding three blasts with another on top. Even if moon got destroyed, I would have been able to counter anything I really cared about like that balance the turn after. I also should have suspected a reb when he left his tundra untapped over his island. Basically the one-of weartear wrecked me and I wasn't considering it. So that's on me Game 2 after rewatching I should have played the preemptive ratchet bomb instead of painter because he was still doing nothing to pressure me.

To be fair, I wasn't going to scoop to the balance lock because a) I was able to get out of the first one and b) if I could have lucksacked into big daddy koth early into both cb locks it would have actually brought it home.

Oh well. It was definitely winnable, I just went for the aggressive line of playing painter into untap next turn with three vindicates at the ready and go after his two basics. Got punished by the one-ofs, I was trying to play around the other stuff.

Still congrats on getting top 4. Could you share a little on why you decided on fireblast in your sideboard instead of firebolt? Did you get to use it often in your match up?

Quote Originally Posted by oliverpool View Post
    Still congrats on getting top 4. Could you share a little on why you decided on fireblast in your sideboard instead of firebolt? Did you get to use it often in your match up?
    Lol I seen that too I'm 99% sure they meant Firebolt :P

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Yeah, I assume the fireblast was a missprint. How did the sword of L & S treat you yesterday? the card intrigues me, although I'm not sure exactly which MUs you bring it in (let me guess, Esper deathblade? )

White-bordered blasts/tutors and black-bordered Plateaus?

Jack lives in bizzaro world.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I am sure it's for when you top and see a white boarder you can breath easy knowing you got something good coming.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

They looked miscut as well (I.e., level you all up). Although I prefer German red blasts.

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by mcbain View Post
    They looked miscut as well (I.e., level you all up). Although I prefer German red blasts.
    Well, Roter Urknall and Pyroknall is always a pleasure :D

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

The rebs are all miscut. two revised and one unlimited. 1/4 pyros is miscut, but I like the 5th edition wb more because the red color is brighter and resembles the color of recruiter much more than ice age. The e tutors are wb mainly because they were the cheapest on hand when i needed to build white splash a day before a tourney and they also 'match' the recs in being white border searchers. Might eventually get mirage for older set principle. Also will eventually find three more 5th miscut pyros. And I don't know if i eventually will make all the rebs the same or not. For now I'm content and will pick something up if it catches my fancy.

I'll write a report sometime this week. For anyone curious, my matchups were pretty sweet.

Wins:
    Dnt
    ug post
    merfolk
    rug
    team america
    sneak show
    uw blade
    rg lands x2

lost to miracles and ur delver. also drew vs miracles. would have died on turn 6 to keranos, but I punted earlier in the match by rushing and mis-stacking my top and putting painter on top and the 5th mana source for stone activation on the bottom.

Sword helps attrition based matchups and ones with excess burn, as one connection is +1 card advantage and it also gives stp and decay protection. I've also liked it vs control to make one dumb creature becomes a decent threat. Plus you get synergy of g-stoning yourself to find a target for the shadow part of the ability for further advantage. Only drew it once on the day vs bbd in my draw miracle. got in once with a rec, milled myself pre-damage but no creature popped up in the yard. Pretty sure it ate a wear the turn after.

The rebs are all miscut. two revised and one unlimited. 1/4 pyros is miscut, but I like the 5th edition wb more because the red color is brighter and resembles the color of recruiter much more than ice age. The e tutors are wb mainly because they were the cheapest on hand when i needed to build white splash a day before a tourney and they also 'match' the recs in being white border searchers. Might eventually get mirage for older set principle. Also will eventually find three more 5th miscut pyros. And I don't know if i eventually will make all the rebs the same or not. For now I'm content and will pick something up if it catches my fancy.

I'll write a report sometime this week. For anyone curious, my matchups were pretty sweet.

Wins:
    Dnt
    ug post
    merfolk
    rug
    team america
    sneak show
    uw blade
    rg lands x2

lost to miracles and ur delver. also drew vs miracles. would have died on turn 6 to keranos, but I punted earlier in the match by rushing and mis-stacking my top and putting painter on top and the 5th mana source for stone activation on the bottom.

Sword helps attrition based matchups and ones with excess burn, as one connection is +1 card advantage and it also gives stp and decay protection. I've also liked it vs control to make one dumb creature becomes a decent threat. Plus you get synergy of g-stoning yourself to find a target for the shadow part of the ability for further advantage. Only drew it once on the day vs bbd in my draw miracle. got in once with a rec, milled myself pre-damage but no creature popped up in the yard. Pretty sure it ate a wear the turn after.
    Grats on the finish. Would be most interested in hearing about your board plan. I am running same 60 and a grafdigger's cage instead of 1 crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Calculoso View Post
    Grats on the finish. Would be most interested in hearing about your board plan. I am running same 60 and a grafdigger's cage instead of 1 crypt.

I thought of doing the same, doesn't it hurt you though ? (welder)
    I can see it would be especially good against elves, which is usually a race to put out the bridge before they trample you with behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    I thought of doing the same, doesn't it hurt you though ? (welder)
    I can see it would be especially good against elves, which is usually a race to put out the bridge before they trample you with behemoth
    Against elves the tradeoff is normally worth it. If they can't get their reclamation sage on command or NO into hoof it seems worth it to lose the welder interaction. The problem that I have run into more often in that matchup with cage is Firebolt, which I bring in a pair of generally.

Unless you are comboing or revoking something with welder, you can swap in bridges which has been one of the better cards for me in the matchup.

That said, I am 2-3 match-wise against elves. Would be interested to hear Jack's plan against elves. Has anyone ever tried Ali from Cairo in SB? Would work nicely against elves losing only to DRS at that point. Don't know what other matchups it would work in though.

Against dredge I side out the welders (trying to rely on RiP mostly) and reanimator cage still seems okay. Haven't played against the matchup much though.

Wins:
    Dnt
    ug post
    merfolk
    rug
    team america
    sneak show
    uw blade
    rg lands x2

Where I can find your decklist?

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

SCG top8 decks for the tournament.

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Where I can find your decklist?
    Starcitygames.com :P

EDIT: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=72344

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

That list is wrong. Firebolts over fireblasts.

Here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post708885
    Last edited by Kap'n Cook; 09-02-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Jack, why do not you use Pirokinesis in place of Firebolt?

Thread Information