Page 104 of 258 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Jack, why do not you use Pirokinesis in place of Firebolt?
    My guess would be Pyrokenesis is card disadvantage plus Firebolt has synergy with (GRINSTONE lol), as well as not being able to hit a Player/Planeswalker is relevant. There is only a few important creatures Firebolt doesnt kill, Goyf, Serra Avenger, Painter etc...
    Last edited by jake556; 09-02-2014 at 02:04 PM.

It's only card disadvantage if you only hit one target. So far with boarding them in, I have yet to not at least 2 for 2 or 3 for 2. Fun too with naming red you can pitch useless cards in your hand to it.

What kind of sinergy firebolt get with welder?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    What kind of sinergy firebolt get with welder?
    Im sorry I meant with Grindstone lol. If for some reason you need to Grind yourself and Firebolt hits the bin you can flash it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jake556 View Post
    Im sorry I meant with Grindstone lol. If for some reason you need to Grind yourself and Firebolt hits grave you can flash it back.

I imagined!! I'll play saturday and I will make some tests.

If we think about it, there is a nice interaction with welder and firebolt. We can exchange a enemy's jitte for a revoker and then bolt revoker.

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

I had the pleasure of playing with Sudden Demise tonight at my local store in the monoR version....

It's a freakin' BEAST!!! :D

If you haven't tried the card, I urge you to do so, it's so fun to play it and your OP is caught off guard :D

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix4 View Post
    I had the pleasure of playing with Sudden Demise tonight at my local store in the monoR version....

It's a freakin' BEAST!!! :D

If you haven't tried the card, I urge you to do so, it's so fun to play it and your OP is caught off guard :D
    Sudden Demise works very well, I've been tried it. But I exchange it for Martyr of Ashes, because it is fetch able. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    The rebs are all miscut. two revised and one unlimited. 1/4 pyros is miscut, but I like the 5th edition wb more because the red color is brighter and resembles the color of recruiter much more than ice age. The e tutors are wb mainly because they were the cheapest on hand when i needed to build white splash a day before a tourney and they also 'match' the recs in being white border searchers. Might eventually get mirage for older set principle. Also will eventually find three more 5th miscut pyros. And I don't know if i eventually will make all the rebs the same or not. For now I'm content and will pick something up if it catches my fancy.

I'll write a report sometime this week. For anyone curious, my matchups were pretty sweet.

Wins:
    Dnt
    ug post
    merfolk
    rug
    team america
    sneak show
    uw blade
    rg lands x2

lost to miracles and ur delver. also drew vs miracles. would have died on turn 6 to keranos, but I punted earlier in the match by rushing and mis-stacking my top and putting painter on top and the 5th mana source for stone activation on the bottom.

Sword helps attrition based matchups and ones with excess burn, as one connection is +1 card advantage and it also gives stp and decay protection. I've also liked it vs control to make one dumb creature becomes a decent threat. Plus you get synergy of g-stoning yourself to find a target for the shadow part of the ability for further advantage. Only drew it once on the day vs bbd in my draw miracle. got in once with a rec, milled myself pre-damage but no creature popped up in the yard. Pretty sure it ate a wear the turn after.
    Hope to see your report soon. Could not find your semifinal match on line. Is it posted already?

I am starting to have more success with Miracles now. Beaten 3 miracles player in a row! Long may it continue!

However another hard deck to beat has come up. The "newer" UG Delver with 4 wasteland and 4 stifle 4 daze and Nimble Mongoose/Goyf is really hard to beat. They can practically operate on 1-2 mana. With Stifle and daze threat, its almost hard to decide to go for it or wait another turn. Fetchlands almost seem like a liability against them. What is the suggested style of play against this deck?

Sep 2010
    Monterey Park, CA

Quote Originally Posted by oliverpool View Post
    Hope to see your report soon. Could not find your semifinal match on line. Is it posted already?

I am starting to have more success with Miracles now. Beaten 3 miracles player in a row! Long may it continue!

However another hard deck to beat has come up. The "newer" UG Delver with 4 wasteland and 4 stifle 4 daze and Nimble Mongoose/Goyf is really hard to beat. They can practically operate on 1-2 mana. With Stifle and daze threat, its almost hard to decide to go for it or wait another turn. Fetchlands almost seem like a liability against them. What is the suggested style of play against this deck?
    I guess that is like RUG Delver but no red? If I'm using the stock Shortcake list, I would probably take out 4 Blood Moons and 2 Revokers. Throw in 1 Rest in Peace, 2 Tormod's Crypt, 1 Ensnaring bridge, 1 Red Blast, 1 Trinisphere. Regarding to play style, I would treat it like RUG Delver. Try not to miss early land drops, play around Stifles and taxing counters. Once you think you have enough mana for their taxing counters or have enough mana for counter war, then you go off. I would think Goblin Welder would be a beast and they have trouble answering it without red.
    Looking for Chinese cards to complete my legacy decks....hit me up!!!

Check out what I have for trades

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Awesome report and congrats! I can attest the main 60 is pretty flawless at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Jack:

Care to talk about sideboarding strategeries any? I notice you like to take out your CA on the draw, sometimes your Petals as well, and that you still go for the GS kill against SnT. Is it a question of switching from aggro to control in a given matchup?

Edit:

Pretty sure Sarkhan will be better than Koth bc his first two abilities are better than Koth's. An ultimate Koth is still an Achievement I have yet to unlock, but in all fairness, if you tick a planeswalker that does 4 damage a turn up to ultimate, why isn't the opp dead already? Also, Sarkhas ultimate isn't the worst for a deck abusing Goblin Welder. I saw mention of the card in recent pages/posts, is there a consensus on the card or even a discussion?

Oct 2012
    Italy

I'm not fond of sarkhan. His +1 ability turns him into a creature that can be swords to plowshared. His ultimate doesn't win the game under a bridge like koth's one does. Sure, sarkhan's first two abilities are more powerful in a vacuum, but koth is a better alternative win condition. And koth costs one less that is very relevant.

I don't see Sarkhan working for us. Wizards has been so close to giving us the 'walker we need a couple times. Dack Fayden in all red would've been perfect. A combination of Koth and Chandra's abilities on one walker would've been great (basically Chandra's +0 ability on Koth).

I'm still hoping the new Commander product will give us a good Jaya walker. Unfortunately, even if they do, she's likely to cost 6+ mana as she'll be "commander eligible."

For my fellow mono-red players, Jonathan Suarez got 10th last weekend as well.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

I think Jonathan's list is a great statement on the strength of a number of things. Firstly, experience goes a LONG way with painter. He has preformed well on numerous accounts of the years and this is no different. Second, the strength of ensnaring bridge. Previous build Jonathan has played always used them in the board. This build he ran was very similar to what Jandex and I played for a while. The deck feels solid, solid as in slower and not as nimble as the shortcake bit still really strong. I have been going back and forth between these two decks.

One thing that did catch my eye wad the EIGHTH red blast. Man.

This is exemplified in the recent SCG stream where jack triple blast his way back into a nearly impossible miracles match up.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbain View Post
    I think Jonathan's list is a great statement on the strength of a number of things. Firstly, experience goes a LONG way with painter. He has preformed well on numerous accounts of the years and this is no different. Second, the strength of ensnaring bridge. Previous build Jonathan has played always used them in the board. This build he ran was very similar to what Jandex and I played for a while. The deck feels solid, solid as in slower and not as nimble as the shortcake bit still really strong. I have been going back and forth between these two decks.

One thing that did catch my eye wad the EIGHTH red blast. Man.

This is exemplified in the recent SCG stream where jack triple blast his way back into a nearly impossible miracles match up.
    I read a article saying that there was 7 decks in the top 8 (no prize for guessing the only top 8 deck without brainstorm) in the last open that played with 4 brainstorm. And something like 13 in top 16 that played with 4 ponders as well. Some were even talking about banning them as it was becoming a norm that they had to be in a deck to do well. Seems like only Elves and Painter does not play with them. This fact in itself almost means that we can probably get away with having the last 2 REB in our sideboard if you are familiar with your meta. I mean once you have 4 Brainstorm, add a few spell pierce or daze.. then why not FOW etc etc.... that seems almost like a recipe for all top decks these days.

I wish WOTC will print a walker that is more suitable then koth to be used in our main deck. Something like Jace which is in almost all blue control decks. Its just fun to be able to play a walker sometimes.

Aug 2010
    Germany

Yes a red Jace-like-planeswalker would be awesome

Apart from that I would like to ask you guys about the following cards. Like all of you I was looking for a card that is able to win the game by it's own. It shouldn't be easy to remove for the opponent and it would be perfect if this card could do something in the defense.
    First card is Assemble the Legion. It can win in 4 turns, does a lot in the defense and works perfectly with Bridge. Great against Miracle and grindy match ups? What do you guys thinck?

The other card is Keranos god of storms. Firstly I know there is 1u in the casting cost, but if you would look on this card as a mono red cc5 card. This card is a win condition, does some work in the defense, not easy to handle, generate card advantage, can be abused with Top.

Both cards can be tutored for. What do you thinck. Worth testing?

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by StefN View Post
    . What do you thinck. Worth testing?
    Pretty much everything is worth testing. Your job is to come here and report what you have learned from your testing.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

I would argue that chandra Pyro master is that red planeswalker right now. I played her as a one of in the sideboard last night. She was a house against miracles. With top you are almost brainstorming and her bounce ability actually just kills things. One game I had bridge, koth, moon, chandra.... I've been more impressed with chandra then koth lately.

Thread Information