Page 108 of 258 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Got back on the stream game last night. Connection issues aside (meaning lots of videos), it was good to paint now that khans is out. Feel free to check em.

Beat UR cruise, miracles, salty elves, and ghetto khan fetch ANT.

Still need to tweak crypt rats though.
    Watching the stream now. I feel like in G2 the UR delver player kept a garbage hand. Normally, I do not think it is a good match-up at all (especially the more burn-heavy builds). Burn with counter magic for our combo? Yuck :(

Also the blood moon lunar eclipse happened recently. This is a sign that I should play this deck!

Yeah the eclipse last night had me looking up stuff about blood moons in general, and as soon as I saw there was a religious conspiracy theory titled "four blood moons: something is about to change" I had to post it here. Too perfect.

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Hey guys...
    I'm only 14 hours away from playing the biggest Legacy tournament on danish ground this year, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm in trouble :P

Right now i have i 61 card MD and I can't figure out what to cut :/

MD as it looks now:
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    6 Mountains

4 Painter's Servant
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Magus of the Moon
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Spellskite
    1 Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
    1 Chrome Mox
    1 Lotus Petal
    4 Grindstone
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast....

I'm expecting a lot of ANT, SneakyShow and U/R Treasure Cruise

SB are as follows:
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Manic Vandal
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Pyrokinesis
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Relic of Progenitus

Help me out guys! :D

Cut either a Magus, Spellskite, Mox or 1 Bolt imo

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba View Post
    Cut either a Magus, Spellskite, Mox or 1 Bolt imo
    I was mostly thinking of cutting 1 mountain, but the Chrome Mox could be a candidate :D

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Cut the magus

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Magus doesn't do much if you're expecting that type of meta. Cut it.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Also potentially playing something like relic is nice to keep ANT and cruise down well hedging against eldrazi.

I would also recommend less lightning bolt main, perhaps one more revoker. Also 4 thorn is good in a combo meta.

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

So I didn't even get to play the tournament yesterday :P
    Due to a unexpected number of players, I ended up judging instead :D

But thanks for the advice :)

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Does anyone have any experience with the UR cruise lists? I'm curious how that match plays out

Emptying the Warrens

Nov 2012

Budget question:

How playable is the deck without imperial recruiter? What cards can I run in its stead to make up for the lack of Imperial recruiter?
    Emptying the Warrens: So YOU don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by monovfox View Post
    Budget question:

How playable is the deck without imperial recruiter? What cards can I run in its stead to make up for the lack of Imperial recruiter?
    I'm amazed how often this is asked.

Obviously Imperial Recruiter isn't a win condition but just gets your wincons and toolbox creatures.

That being said, it is the backbone of the deck. It gets you what you need in a combo deck without brainstorms, ponders, or tutors.

IMO this deck has no competitive capacity without recruiters. It would be casual at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the UR cruise lists? I'm curious how that match plays out
    It seems to me, that they've had to sacrifice some burn and counters to put in Monastery Swiftspear and Treasure Cruise, which gives us a far better MU, than before. :)

Jan 2013
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post
    That being said, it is the backbone of the deck. It gets you what you need in a combo deck without brainstorms, ponders, or tutors.

IMO this deck has no competitive capacity without recruiters. It would be casual at best.
    If you don't have Imperial Recruiters I would suggest trying out U/R Painter so you can have access to cantrips to find your combo pieces.

Imperial Painter without Imperial Recruiters is not competitive and I wouldn't suggest anyone play it in a tournament.
    Pox
    Imperial Painter
    Team America

Quote Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
    If you don't have Imperial Recruiters I would suggest trying out U/R Painter so you can have access to cantrips to find your combo pieces.

Imperial Painter without Imperial Recruiters is not competitive and I wouldn't suggest anyone play it in a tournament.
    I have some decent experience with UR. The deck is a blast!!!! Completely different from this deck... But so much fun.

If it's purely a cost concern though UR requires Volcanic Islands, Force of Wills, Transmite Artifacts, Intuitions, Grim Monoliths, and a few others. The deck overall is far costlier than Imperial Painter... But the cards are shared with May other decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

After talking extensively with Seth yesterday I'm altering the board and tweaking some numbers. I got the 4th bolt back in there and think it's necessary with cruise and the shift towards delver strategies.

Set in stone:
    4 firebolt
    3 grave hate (at least 1 crypt and 1 rip)
    2 combo hate (canonist and thorn)
    Vandal
    Reb (7th 75)
    Bridge (3rd 75)

That leaves three slots for the ratchet bomb, 3sphere, solas, koth, reb 8, and other 1 ofs. Koth is only really good against miracles anymore (although he's the best for that matchup) so I'm experimenting. I think 3sphere will get a slot for sure as the omni matchup takes a big hit and storm can easily power through canonist. I'm trying out weird stuff like ajani vengeant, siege gang again, lavamancer, explosives (would replace bomb spot), etc. One last card that's tutorable that I'm liking in theory and initial playing will be revealed after eternal weekend as I'll probably play a single copy.
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Played the deck for the first time in paper at a GPT this past weekend using Jack's list. Played against UR Delver twice and a Burn deck once in the 6 rounds.

One thing about Monastery Swiftspear is that any spell puts her out of Firebolt range, getting it effectively "countered" by a Daze even when you have mana up to pay or a Brainstorm. Any thought on switching to Lightning Bolt or a split of Firebolt / Lightning Bolt? Even if the UR Delver deck doesn't stick around in the long run, I think it could make a big showing at Eternal Weekend / GP NJ, if not only for the fact that people want to run the hot new deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    After talking extensively with Seth yesterday I'm altering the board and tweaking some numbers. I got the 4th bolt back in there and think it's necessary with cruise and the shift towards delver strategies.

Set in stone:
    4 firebolt
    3 grave hate (at least 1 crypt and 1 rip)
    2 combo hate (canonist and thorn)
    Vandal
    Reb (7th 75)
    Bridge (3rd 75)

That leaves three slots for the ratchet bomb, 3sphere, solas, koth, reb 8, and other 1 ofs. Koth is only really good against miracles anymore (although he's the best for that matchup) so I'm experimenting. I think 3sphere will get a slot for sure as the omni matchup takes a big hit and storm can easily power through canonist. I'm trying out weird stuff like ajani vengeant, siege gang again, lavamancer, explosives (would replace bomb spot), etc. One last card that's tutorable that I'm liking in theory and initial playing will be revealed after eternal weekend as I'll probably play a single copy.
    I have found solas somewhat lacking. First it loses some of its value without etutor so in any matchup you take those out it isn't findable on command. Second, it takes a lot of time or mana to equip. Or time if you spread it out. Swords and decay are so ubiquitous and you want it for those decks but even then again neither mode really does anything against miracles. Also bridge still remaining in deck and being a priority against TA or something means you cant swing. Protection is nice, though.

Played against "oops" twice at curio GPT and Trinisphere won me one of the matches. A terrible matchup but gives 3sphere some points. Very good against non NO lines from elves, too.

Thread Information