Page 154 of 258 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Feb 2008
    NYC

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Whoops, just an oversight 2 SDT are still in the deck. Sorry.

Seth
    …no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Sep 2014
    West Chester, PA

Quote Originally Posted by mcbain View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. When did we get off the divining top train. This has been a staple of the deck since inception.

At face value we are trading options for threats (e.g. planeswalkers). However if I wanted to have threats and no options I would play MUD. Please elaborate seth.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

If you count his list its missing two cards, presumably they are tops

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

So it's official... Both the red and white new transformational planeswalkers are completely unplayable. Disappointing.

Dec 2014
    West Lafayette, IN

They're playable. Just not in this deck, just not in legacy.

Feb 2008
    NYC

I agree, I have doubts that Chandra is playable, but she is worth testing. A tutorable 3 mana planeswalker still bears testing as the potential is there. The difference between 3 and 4 mana is huge. Just not sure the hoops you need to jump through make it worthwhile. Although I will say, her flipped version is nice.

seth
    …no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Dec 2014
    West Lafayette, IN

Forgot to ask is anyone planning on going to the premier IQ in Indianapolis on sunday? i think its about time a painter does well again (which should be every tournament)

Monkey Blast
    Aug 2011
    Champaign, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Uroborian View Post
    Forgot to ask is anyone planning on going to the premier IQ in Indianapolis on sunday? i think its about time a painter does well again (which should be every tournament)
    I wanted to. But am probably not going to be. I may be going to SCG Chicago next month however and playing in the Sunday event.

Another tutorable target:

Probably still not good enough, but interesting.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

I like this dude. Art blows but whatever most new stuff sucks. The synergy this guy has with our entire deck is off the charts. Recruitable, double welder fodder, chumpblockers, flyers to block delver, harass walkers, removal, direct damage, junk artifact recycling, favorable stompy mana cost.

I'll for sure try testing one out, probably board.
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

The double red might be rough.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Seriously brah? We're playing Moon.dec, red mana is the least of our concerns.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Were already running jaya and koths. It's not a problem
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

I agree, this cheesy couple might be a great way to buy time against a number of aggro strategies.

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Ooh yeah, I'll be swinging with this couple. I really like the look of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not married to them yet, but I do like what they are putting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

So is there a real reason why this deck has fallen off of the wagon as of late?
    Once you go Legacy...

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    Omnitell and Miracles are not among the decks best matchups.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Feb 2008
    NYC

I actually think Miracles is a positive match up to be honest. I've been messing with my Painter list a bunch over he past month but it def feels like a match up that is closer to 60 percent in your favor. I think a bunch of people's struggles are two fold. They have misbuilt the deck and/or sideboard so as to not be able to gain a strategic advantage games 2-3. The other issue is that I still feel most pilots of he deck do not prioritize lines of attack and play sequences properly bc they make the mistake of what is important in any match up.

In my eyes he favorable match ups are:
    Miracles
    bug
    Dredge
    Rwu
    Tendrils
    Elves
    Lands
    Blade variants

50/50
    Mono blue Omnitel

Bad
    Burn
    Ur delver
    Sneak and show
    Ru Omnitel

Seth

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    I used to play this deck a ton, and it's probably still my favorite "real" deck (most of the other stuff I play nowadays is pretty fringe in comparison). I had to stop playing it during the Treasure Cruise era as the UR Delver matchup was stone-cold unwinnable. After the banning of Treasure Cruise and the upswing of Dig Through Time, we have a meta dominated by Miracles (never was a great matchup due to Moon resistance, Counterbalance, etc.) and Omnitell (I've never played this matchup, but considering this deck is a more powerful High Tide that happens to have maindeck Emrakul, it should be legit awful. I never lost a match to Painter in my High Tide days.) Until the meta shifts to a more midrange/Delver focused meta, I don't think this deck will be well-positioned. If Dig Through Time gets the banhammer - as I believe it will - then this deck will have a chance to shine again.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Mar 2014
    Toulouse, France

@sroncor1

Hi,

I don’t understand how the miracle MU could be a good MU… Sroncor, give your secret. Perhaps your list is different.

During my last tournament (5 rounds), I played 3 miracles and a Omnishow – a bad luck day – and it was really hard against Miracle.
    My list is nearly the same as Kaps’s one.

My side against miracle is +1 Vexing susher, +1 Duergar, +2 Koth.

What’s your stategy plan to beat this deck ? What’s your sideboarding plan ?

I chose to play now an Explosives, to give me more chance to break counterbalance

Yeah I defiantly agree with Seth that miracles is definitely a positive match up, at least from my experiences too. I would say I have at least a 70% win rate against it. Though I highly disagree with the 50/50 with Omni Tell, that match up is horrid, I would rather play Sneak and Show any day of the week over omni.

Thread Information