Page 54 of 258 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 5144

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

I'm curious as this comes up a lot, if you have the combo on board with mana available to activate when do you grind? Your turn? Their Upkeep? Doesn't really matter? Also same board state but you know your opponent play removal Swords to Plowshares, Lightning Bolt, etc.... and has mana available. Do you just wait to draw enough REB/Pyroblast? Too often I find myself grinding the opponent just to have Painter take a digger. Obviously any good player your playing against wont remove Painter when you have mana available to activate in resp. Maybe I just need to be more patient lol

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Seems like you answered your own question. If you can wait, wait. Drawing into a second Painter or a blast to protect it would be idea, but you can also wait and respond to their plays provided they aren't killing you right then. Sometimes they'll just have it and have another one in response to the blast you drew to protect it. These things happen, but when you have the combo out you can win at instant speed. Yet, that doesn't mean you should always go for it because more often than not you'll walk right in to one of their outters.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Oh yeah, Jack, empty your damn inbox

one love

Hello Servants of the Empire.

I've been thinking about this strategie and wonder if Firestorm isn't something we could use in this deck (like 2 copies). It machine guns several targets and helps the lock with bridge.
    It can also be used in welder-friendly lists to increase the graveyard potential.

Cheers.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Welder doesn't abuse the graveyard as much in this deck. You can run all the Firestorms you want but it won't have the same effect as it has in Dredge, for example. Firebolt is your best bet for card advantage and removal.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I would be more inclined to go back to the old Faithless builds if you where going to abuse the grave.

Welder is a useful tool that must be answered. That's all he is there for. Its great when you have two and you can weld a Bridge in and out so you can attack. Add in a Top for card draw.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hey there,

With Revoker in some builds, I thought you guys might find Barbed Blightning's Revoker Bible helpful:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...-revoker-guide

Did you guys make top 8? Twitch is being weird for me, but I assume Reuben or someone else snuck in there.
    Currently playing:

Affinity
    Working on something else...

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Etched View Post
    Did you guys make top 8? Twitch is being weird for me, but I assume Reuben or someone else snuck in there.
    Nope... Mox Ruby did not go to the top 8 :P

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

For anyone who didn't see, Reuben ran my list (shortcake) -4 firebolt +4 lightning bolt and -1 Koth +1 Chandra.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=64123

The losses were to Goblins and e tutor miracles.
    I did see that he was looking for firebolts before the event, though. Still don't like the Chandra thing but to each his own.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Has there ever been an sensable defense to running Chandra in iPainter? I just don't get it

Feb 2008
    Breda Area, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Has there ever been an sensable defense to running Chandra in iPainter? I just don't get it
    Lol, dejavu... I can see getting behind it. You don't. Personal preference I guess. The +1 and the 0 ability are pretty decent.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Yeah but how extra cards can we pay for at sorcery speed (0: activation ability) that are worth not ticking it up Chandra instead? And how is the ultimate that much more relevant than Koth's? Plus, koth ultimates faster. Please help me see what you see in the card!

Oct 2012
    Italy

I'm not an expert of this deck , but the arguments for chandra seem pretty obvious. She helps finding the combo pieces with her 0 ability , and this is very good for a combo deck. She also protects herself better than koth with her +1, although it is a situational ability since she can only kill x/1 creatures.

On the other hand koth is a big threath on its own and its ultimate means game also under an ensnaring bridge. Overall i think koth is better.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Chandra is often game under an ensnaring bridge too. Nice griselbrand.... I'll swing past it with my phyrexian revoker.

Having played with both, cloth is faster but often accomplishes the same goal.

(Currently playing koth)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Oct 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

You're playing painter... You're up against MonoU OmniTell.... What is your current boardplan?

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

Omnitell is my least favorite matchup. I often bring in thorns, red blast. If your RW the bring in 3sphere and canonist. Generally I hold bridge in hand for the show and tell. Your on the dude plan this game.

Bring out 2-3 stone, play 2 bridge, I sometimes take out a welder and recruiter.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

For rw out come all moons, revokers, 1 stone, for grave hate for three card combo, blasts, storm hate, and koth.

If you're on Seth's list it's way easier. Just take out the moons and bring in helm peace and other cards to help aggro.

[Deck] Imperial Painter

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix4 View Post
    You're playing painter... You're up against MonoU OmniTell.... What is your current boardplan?
    Lose!

That's a miserable matchup. Red Blasts are your only out most of the time. Or really good luck and they don't combo for 10 turns and you beat em down with a revoker.

If you have RIP or Tormod's crypt you can 3 card combo them. That's probably the best plan. But Omnitell is a much better 3-card combo deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix4 View Post
    This is the reason to play white with as many e.tutors as reasonable (I play 3). Turn one tutor, turn 2 hate. You have to mulligan aggressively or lose. I've tested this matchup a lot as I played omnitell a lot recently until getting the cards for painter. It's a bad matchup for painter, but if you land a canonist or 3sphere early you can get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information