Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer/Deck] High Tide

Re: [Primer/Deck] High Tide

Feline is being a boss on stream again.

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
    Feline is being a boss on stream again.
    I haven't seen the stream, how'd it go down?
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    I haven't seen the stream, how'd it go down?
    She ended up losing in 3 to BW Stoneblade.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Dec 2011
    USA

So I will likely never draw a card with Spirit of the Labyrinth in play again, that card was so far off my radar that even when he played it, I was thinking about it the same way I thought about stuff like Gaddock Teeg, I just have to get to a bounce spell as fast as possible. In either case, for funzies, I played the side event and went 2-2 on Saturday, lost to Reanimator, and a False Cure deck! I didn't even know what was going on until it was too late ha ha!

Going to try the next one at SCG LA, though the meta in So Cal is harder with all the RUG running around.
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Non-basic lands are Mountains
    Apr 2011

Awesome performance feline!
    Really enjoyed your featurematch against BW Deathblade. I was really impressed by your speed.
    Too bad you fizzeled on that Time Spiral, you would have earned the win there.
    True strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me! -Kamahl, Pit Fighter

Awesome performance feline![2]
    I'm pretty new to legacy and I'm building a high tide deck (right now I'm playing merfolks). I have no idea how someone could play so fast!

Mar 2014
    Orange County California

Long time lurker here and was inspired by this primer to build a hightide deck. I got into magic back when revised came out and have been in and out with my peak coming just after the Pokemon craze, never into it but utilized the strong market and ebay to sell premium first ed. cards to gather the P9, played vintage with P9 Howling Mine, Timewarp/walk deck with Hightides and Palinchrons. Sold that to buy a sportbike and have been in and out until a few years ago.

Currently running a 3 Candelabra / 3 turnabout main build that I made about a year and a half ago. Decklist below.

4 High Tide
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Preordain
    3 Cunning Wish
    3 Turnabout
    1 Meditate
    1 BSZ
    4 Force of Will
    3 Flusterstorm
    1 Pact of Negation

4 Merchant Scroll
    4 Time Spiral

3 Candelabra of Tawnos

12 Islands
    6 Fetch

Sideboard

1 Turnabout
    1 BSZ
    1 Brainfreeze
    1 Snap
    2 Wipe Away
    1 Hurkyls Recall
    1 Ravenous Trap
    1 Pact of Negation
    1 Intuition
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Spell Piece
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Meditate
    1 Flusterstorm

Will be heading to SCG LA this weekend to give it a go, this being my first large event, any suggestions?

I have played several casual games and had the deck assembled on MODO for awhile playing a few dailies so I'm pretty familiar with interactions with the deck itself, just worried about playing decks I have not played against.

I do plan on getting smoked but still just doing it more so to have fun.
    Playing Legacy Only

Current Decks

Hightide
    Deathblade

Dec 2011
    USA

Oh heck yes! Another High Tider, I will see you in SCGLos Angeles, as I'm writing this I just arrived in So Cal where I'll be the next couple weeks. (Mojave Desert)

Feline - I was just wondering if, when looking back at game 3 vs. Cody Lingelbach on the SCG stream, would you doing anything differently to help support your potentially winning turn? I think you had a turnabout and force in your hand when you cast time spiral, do you think it would have been good to cast the turnabout to give you more mana, hoping that Cody didn't have any instant speed disruption in his B/W deck? It was hard to tell what your new 7 card hand was exactly, but I was just curious if you had any clearer hindsight as to what the optimum plays could have been? Maybe holding the BSZ to exile to the Force you could have drawn with top?
    As always, it was a pleasure to watch you play, and good luck in LA!

Dec 2011
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by topef27 View Post
    Feline - I was just wondering if, when looking back at game 3 vs. Cody Lingelbach on the SCG stream, would you doing anything differently to help support your potentially winning turn? I think you had a turnabout and force in your hand when you cast time spiral, do you think it would have been good to cast the turnabout to give you more mana, hoping that Cody didn't have any instant speed disruption in his B/W deck? It was hard to tell what your new 7 card hand was exactly, but I was just curious if you had any clearer hindsight as to what the optimum plays could have been? Maybe holding the BSZ to exile to the Force you could have drawn with top?
    As always, it was a pleasure to watch you play, and good luck in LA!
    I didn't turnabout then untap, and then tap out to cast spiral even though I wanted to because I wanted the option to force of will in case they did something in response like extraction, and I needed a card to pitch to force of will. At the same time though I have been thinking about that and maybe letting a potential extraction go through, woulda meant 4 mana more, which would have helped because that was my issue after spiral resolved, not enough mana & ran out.

I did not want to exile blue sun zenith to the force because the blue sun zenith is just too important at the end of the combo. though I could also rely more on brain freeze so it's not like that wasn't an option, I do admit I forget about brain freeze a lot.

The main thing I thought about after losing game 3 was that, when I decided to combo off, I could have waited 1 more turn but I didn't because the dark confidant went into play, & I didn't want to give my opponent any more chances to draw discard spells. In either case, there are things I could have done differently, as in almost every game, especially with a deck that has so many options. I now just have to utilize the experience to try and improve my performances in the future.

I do know that I will probably never draw a card with a spirit of the labyrinth in play again, that card was just so much off my radar that even when it got played, I was like "Ok I just need to wait and use merchant scroll to snap it" so I was in "use cantrips to draw and see as many cards as I could" mode, completely forgetting that my cantrips were actually dead with that in play.

Mar 2014
    Orange County California

What is better to run MD a snap or wipe away? Going to move the PoN to the sideboard. Also should I put in a few cages? Not sure what the SoCal meta is like.
    Playing Legacy Only

Current Decks

Hightide
    Deathblade

Dec 2011
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by sphen22 View Post
    What is better to run MD a snap or wipe away? Going to move the PoN to the sideboard. Also should I put in a few cages? Not sure what the SoCal meta is like.
    I maindeck Wipe Away and Snap, but that's just me. As far as which to run it'd probably be personal preference there, the Wipe Away is less used maindeck but I just personally hate counterbalance that much.

The meta? Expect a lot of RUG, it happens to me every time.

For Los Angeles specifically, I was 2 Defense Grid/2 Grafdigger's Cage for Seattle, but down here I'm cutting the cages for a 3rd and 4th Defense Grid because RUG is always a pain for me down in the So Cal region & I feel I want that extra edge.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

So theres a lot of people on Reddit going about Feline.
    You're the new internet sensation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Does anyone know how far through the stream Feline's on camera game is? Due to time zones I had to go to bed before it was shown.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

Dec 2011
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Now you have me curious, link away? I go to reddit as well as here for magic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoSha View Post
    Awesome performance feline!
    Really enjoyed your featurematch against BW Deathblade. I was really impressed by your speed.
    Too bad you fizzeled on that Time Spiral, you would have earned the win there.
    Where can I watch this match?

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Now you have me curious, link away? I go to reddit as well as here for magic stuff.
    Whenever people ask about High Tide, I always refer them to see what you've said on the deck. You're easily one of the top pilots of the deck in the world. Its not really hyperbole at that.

I figured Spirit would be a spanner in the works for combo (I figured moreso that it would hurt Delver based decks more). Yes, they get extremely shitty, but to look on A bright side, Ponder still lets you look at top 3 and Preordain still scry's 2.
    I think that seeing spirit do that to someone so experienced on camera will make some people consider it more. If thats the case, I feel like SDT gets a lot stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    Where can I watch this match?
    http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/511630246
    10:33:24
    Punishing Nic Fit

Jan 2014
    Spain

Hi there, I´m going to buy 2 Candelabra of Tawnos and I dont know if 2 is the correct number in a High Tide decklist and if its is optimal, any issues?

Reggards!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkid View Post
    Hi there, I´m going to buy 2 Candelabra of Tawnos and I dont know if 2 is the correct number in a High Tide decklist and if its is optimal, any issues?

Reggards!
    Basically, 3 is best, but 2 is still very good.
    Hell, even one candle can help the deck out a bit.
    Punishing Nic Fit

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Can't find the actual thread (I was a bit drunk at work yesterday afternoon.... :/)
    But I clearly remember people talking about your skills with the deck.
    I do tip my hat to you.

EDIT : http://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/co...ith_irregular/
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Thread Information