High Tide is my favourite deck of all time and since his creation. I rarely play it, because in my LGS no one likes to play against it.

The deck is one if not the most difficult to play with, not the combo part because if you understand how the deck works the combo will be "mechanic", and i rarely go on turns. The difficult part is survive, and setup to start the combo.

The choices of brainstorm/ponder/preordain are very important and very hard to make.

The Worst match ups for me are Elves, UR Delver (any Delver deck is hard), Burn, Eldrazi: Because they present a very fast clock that you cant race.

Control match ups, game 1 is not very Hard (lots of dead cards against us), game 2 is almost impossible and game 3 is very difficult (if your opponent understands how high tide works).

Against combo, well, find counters, stop them their first try and maybe second... And then combo for the win.

High Tide (Spiral Tide) is the most resilliant combo deck, they can surgical extraction our cards and still we can find a way to win if we have time to do so.
The last time i played the deck against Death&Taxes i easelly won against Thalia, Mother, Sanctum Prelate (on 1) and Cannonist on table, waiting to the last minute with 2 life left bounced end turn cannonist, Tapped 7 islands, Turnabout, Timespiral, Cunning Wish for bounce spell on Prelate ... And Win.

Love the deck , and i dont even care if i loose, just want to combo and make my opponents sweat.

Sent from my Power_2 using Tapatalk