Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WotC Presents: You Make the Card 4

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

WotC Presents: You Make the Card 4

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ly/feature/238

Here is our chance to complete the broken 2-drop creature cycle (the red one).
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Re: WotC Presents: You Make the Card 4

PLEASE EVERYONE Vote in this, and vote Instant/Sorcery or anything else besides Creature.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Smmenen View Post
    PLEASE EVERYONE Vote in this, and vote Instant/Sorcery or anything else besides Creature.
    What's wrong with a creature?

I really want Zombie Spirit Guide but voted for instant/sorcery.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    What's wrong with a creature?
    If Creature wins, that card will be dominated by standard players and made terrible.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

I voted Artifact. Because Crucible was awesome. And I love Workshop.

/*bane of blue players everywhere*/
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ly/feature/238

Here is our chance to complete the broken 2-drop creature cycle (the red one).
    This.

Seriously though what does the red Goyf/Confidant/Snapper/SFM even look like?

I mean obviously 1R what next though?

I can think of a lot of designs that are probably too good and a lot that are probably too tame to see Legacy play.

I mean if I had to design it in 2 mins. and try to make it not broken I'd probably go with

1R
    Creature
    Haste
    When ~This~ attacks you may look at the top card of your library, if it is a land card you may reveal it and put it in your graveyard and have ~This~ deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
    2/2

Really though that's probably not even good enough to see play in Legacy.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

If Creature wins, that card will be dominated by standard players and made terrible.
    You make a compelling argument.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

RR Legendary Dude (Mini-Kamahl)

3/1 First Strike Haste

R tap: Deal 2 dmg to target creature

So I'm approaching this create a card from the Legacy perspective. I would consider my suggestion a Mythic rare, because it would change Magic forever. When you make a 2 drop creature, in Legacy you compare that to Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant, Stoneforge Mystic. Red is seriously underpowered by those standards at the two drop spot, and absolutely deserves some love. Blue got Snapcaster freakin Mage. What did the red players get? The double red keeps this guy tough to cast, yet worth it for the red player. Hey, that can always Bolt it! :)

He would also make creature combat more dynamic at the standard and modern level, having implications both pre combat and post combat. As long as Blue gets Mana Leak or something, I don't think he would be "too" out of control. Granted, the card should actually be good, and it would be great for Legacy... probably keeping Jund in check a little easier. Again, they got Abrupt Decay. Red mages unite!!! Legacy really sucks for us at the moment, not to make it personal or anything :)

In response: Snapcaster Mage
    Feb 2011

Do you need to register with your dci# to vote?
    Otherwise it could be manuplated by individuals voting multiple times right?
    Currently playing: Elves

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Seriously, why is Everyone in the web hyping the idea to complete the 1x creature cycle within this YmtC? Whoever votes towards that idea should be shot in the face and get a crappy hatebear in the end (which WILL happen in this case).

I would vote towards a card which is playable or useful in Legacy. The chances to create a Good artifact after Mirrodin are slim tbh and we saw that happend if players vote for Instant/Sorcery the last time. Since I don't want either a hatebear, an overcosted instant, nor crappy enchantments which WotC has proven to design the last 5 years, I go with Land and hope for something that can be put into a wider range of decks like a fetchable, legendary Rainbow-Land or a colorless land with Flash, that can be played during the opponents turn etc

Worst case voting for a Land: Ending as a EDH staple

Edit: peeps over at MTGsalvation seem to have a similar idea: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=495588
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by catmint View Post
    Do you need to register with your dci# to vote?
    Otherwise it could be manuplated by individuals voting multiple times right?
    It's via IP Check. Possible to vote off Smartphone, PC and PC Pool in University/Work

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    I voted Artifact. Because Crucible was awesome. And I love Workshop.

/*bane of blue players everywhere*/
    Yes, because the current Lodestone + Serum Powder + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sculpting Steel + Thorn Of Amethyst + Manlands Workshop deck I run atm isn't dumb enough
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I like how they bring back old goodies that they lost for whatever reason - first the 4th Pro Tour, now YMTC. Maybe we'll get the Invitational back as well?

If *card type* wins, that card will be dominated by Wizards and made terrible.
    FTFY

CoW was a fluke.

Forgotten Ancient was made powerful by the playerbase until Wizards decided to make it suck. And Vanish into Memory was just a complete trainwreck and a good example why Instant/Sorcery shouldn't be done again.

The only way we'll get a good card without having to make it suck for the Standard/Modern players is one that scales with the power level of the format. CoW is a good example for this one as it excels with good manlands, fetchlands and Wasteland/Strip Mine. SFM scales well with equipment and Batterskull. Snapcaster Mage especially benefits from the cheap, powerful stuff in Legacy etc.

A land can't be that powerful since Standard/Modern completely lacks non-basic hate and needs to be kept in check by that.

I would love to see the variant of the creature super cycle - or a decent spin on Chains of Mephistopheles on a stick.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I was also thinking of a Chains of Mephistopheles bear. Maybe something similar for red?

Or a two drop Imperial Recruiter or Non-creature artifact tutor like Trinket Mage/Treasure Mage

Worst case scenario, we can see a bear that Chaos Warps itself into the next permanent on top of your your library when it enters the field.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Red deserves a broken 1R creature. Quit yer cryin ya babies.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

In response: Snapcaster Mage
    Feb 2011

If we want a sweet card I would also go for creature, since wizards showed willingness to make them better whereas a legacy playable non-creature spell or land will be much harder. Something that is better in Legacy than in Modern and Standard like deathrite shaman should be the aim.

Some kind of red 2 drop hate bear with an agressive 2/1 or 2/2 body would be my favourite.

Does anyone know how the process works? Do we get to suggest something and they pick on what we can vote on?
    Currently playing: Elves

Oct 2004
    Earth

Let's make snow duals.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Damn, I voted for creature first (2 drop broken red bear) but now I actually want an enchantment. I've always wanted a white enchantment that reads:

As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a permanent type. Activated abilities of chosen permanents can't be activated unless they're mana abilities.

That card would be sweet.

MODS: how can I edit the OP so I can include a poll in which we voted for? I saw this idea on MTGS.
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

Golgari Digger
    Feb 2013
    France

I voted for land, a red creature and you'll play against Jung in every format (oh wait ) !

Let's try this land : X

Tap, add 1 to your map pool
    Tap, Discard a card form your hand : add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Put a charge counter on X. When X has three or more charge counters on it, sacrifice X and then draw 2 cards.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Hof View Post
    Let's make snow duals.
    *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Mrheizenberg View Post
    I voted for land, a red creature and you'll play against Jung in every format (oh wait ) !

Let's try this land : X

Tap, add 1 to your map pool
    Tap, Discard a card form your hand : add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Put a charge counter on X. When X has three or more charge counters on it, sacrifice X and then draw 2 cards.
    So you invest a landdrop, 3 discarded cards and the Land itself over 3 turns to draw 2? That's even too worse for Standard ...

The best i would expect from a 1R creature is an EtB Lightning Bolt + a 2/1 body

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information