Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: WotC Presents: You Make the Card 4

Re: WotC Presents: You Make the Card 4

Quote Originally Posted by ankharlyn View Post
    I wish it worked off of all players instead of just opponents.
    Enchantment

Whenever a player discards a creature card, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature onto the battlefield.
    Whenever a player discards a land card, add to your mana pool.
    Whenever a player discards a noncreature, nonland card, draw a card.
    , T: Target player discards a card.
    That's grossly powerful combined with any card that has discard as a drawback or a cost in some way:
    Manabond,Ill-Gotten Gains, Careful Study,Pox,Conflagrate,Last Rites,Rites of Initiation,Rites of Spring, Raven's Crime,Gamble,Goblin Lore...

Oh... I forgot about the tap ability you wanted to add.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    That's grossly powerful combined with any card that has discard as a drawback or a cost in some way:
    Manabond,Ill-Gotten Gains, Careful Study,Pox,Conflagrate,Last Rites,Rites of Initiation,Rites of Spring, Raven's Crime,Gamble,Goblin Lore...

Oh... I forgot about the tap ability you wanted to add.
    I'd rather have grossly powerful than totally mediocre. But yeah, I know it's a bit over powered. I think making it Legendary would be a nice draw back (and/or having the cost at instead of ).

The tap and pay to have target player discard (possibly at sorcery speed only) is something I envisioned before I considered making it symmetric. I think there's less need for it to have a discard ability built in if it's symmetric.

Anyway, I'm sure we're not going to get anything remotely as good as my ideal version, but that's the card I'd want out of it.

If they make this card symmetrical and cost it at BBB then we could have the Necropotence we've always wanted. OH HELL YES. Think of the absurdity!
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

"Waste not" has won the Art trolling .. erm .. competition!

I now take bets if the card end up being even worse (mana to effect ratio and Artwise) than Vanish into Memories.

Edit: go! go! 3BBB!
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    That's probably because it's not worth mentioning. The card is terrible.

I mean, they could rescue it by making it symmetrical, in which case the card is basically just a saucy combo engine every which way. But let's get real here: it'll cost four or more and be a $0.10 rare from the day of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    "Waste not" has won the Art trolling .. erm .. competition!

I now take bets if the card end up being even worse (mana to effect ratio and Artwise) than Vanish into Memories.

Edit: go! go! 3BBB!
    lol

YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Honestly ... I would have rather prefered it costing 3BBB but seeing the "discard" replaced with "put into graveyard" :/
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Honestly ... I would have rather prefered it costing 3BBB but seeing the "discard" replaced with "put into graveyard" :/
    That's not the real issue: the real issue is that, in the current Standard, there's basically three playable discard cards (Duress, Thoughtseize and Rakdos' Return). Now, in Legacy, it's theoretically possible to make a deck that focusses on Discard (with the instant discard spells).

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    That's not the real issue: the real issue is that, in the current Standard, there's basically three playable discard cards (Duress, Thoughtseize and Rakdos' Return). Now, in Legacy, it's theoretically possible to make a deck that focusses on Discard (with the instant discard spells).
    So you plan to start using your discard in turn 3? That's SURE a valid gameplan in Legacy...

Join us at Facebook!

So you plan to start using your discard in turn 3? That's SURE a valid gameplan in Legacy...
    I suspect that you play it in a deck as a supplement to your discard, rather than necessarily building a deck around it. Most likely a BUr build with cards like Chains of Mephistopheles and Looter-effects.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Has a lot of potential in Pox but not sure about other decks who want to do more on T2. I really like the card though.

Thread Information