Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: MTGO Legacy questions

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: MTGO Legacy questions

Does anyone have experience with the QuarterofSix_bot chain?

I did some trades with it before and never had any troubles so far, aside from them restocking tix only slowly. That changed today.

I traded in 12 VMA boosters at a decent price, took some tix and stored ~ 70 tix worth of bot credit. A bit later, I wanted to take some JOU boosters for retrading, confirmed the transaction, but the trade was never completed. Yet roughly 22 tix of my bot credit was gone.

Tried another bot of the chain, took 4 tix, confirmed the trade, some waiting time, trade cancelled by the bot, another 4 tix gone from the credit.

I've messaged the E-mail given by the bots and I'm currently waiting for an answer. From what I've gathered, it should be a respectable bot chain that doesn't scam people.

Did anyone else have that sort of problem yet? Not sure if it's related to V4 since I'm using V4 since forever.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the QuarterofSix_bot chain?

I did some trades with it before and never had any troubles so far, aside from them restocking tix only slowly. That changed today.

I traded in 12 VMA boosters at a decent price, took some tix and stored ~ 70 tix worth of bot credit. A bit later, I wanted to take some JOU boosters for retrading, confirmed the transaction, but the trade was never completed. Yet roughly 22 tix of my bot credit was gone.

Tried another bot of the chain, took 4 tix, confirmed the trade, some waiting time, trade cancelled by the bot, another 4 tix gone from the credit.

I've messaged the E-mail given by the bots and I'm currently waiting for an answer. From what I've gathered, it should be a respectable bot chain that doesn't scam people.

Did anyone else have that sort of problem yet? Not sure if it's related to V4 since I'm using V4 since forever.
    Contact Wizards Customer Support, find a copy of the trade logs, and report it as fraud. It's gonna be a hard sell since you're making numerous transactions that are hard to track.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

It's a trade bug. Also works with cards. You can trade your items over and get nothing in return even though display looked normal. Good ole MTGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Contact Wizards Customer Support, find a copy of the trade logs, and report it as fraud. It's gonna be a hard sell since you're making numerous transactions that are hard to track.
    I have this screenshot, for example. Important is the middle part where I trade the 11 JOU boosters, the rest was just looking through the prices. Got a screenshot of the other bot there I did the 4 ticket thing, too.

Not sure if that helps, though. I'm still waiting for an answer. Hopefully I'll get a refund. Otherwise, I'm reporting for fraud as you suggested.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

I had a similar thing happen once, but the bot owner was very nice about it and gave me an additional 5 tix for my troubles. Hopefully it'll work out the same for you, generally the bot owners make such a killing from normal business that they'll refund you or give you your credit back without too much trouble.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I had a similar thing happen once, but the bot owner was very nice about it and gave me an additional 5 tix for my troubles. Hopefully it'll work out the same for you, generally the bot owners make such a killing from normal business that they'll refund you or give you your credit back without too much trouble.
    I hope it works out for me, too. Is there any way to avoid the trading bug?

That said, does anyone know why VMA packs are crashing in price right now?

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

I hope it works out for me, too. Is there any way to avoid the trading bug?

That said, does anyone know why VMA packs are crashing in price right now?
    You cannot. The bug is exploitable. Beta feature ftw
    Respect my shine bitch!

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    You cannot. The bug is exploitable. Beta feature ftw
    So it's a Beta only bug?

I guess I'll stick to my main trading bots, then.

Edit: Got an answer and my bot credit restored. Trading worked fine now.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

So it's a Beta only bug?
    From what I know, yes. WotC refuses to address it for fears of people going rampant with it. It's something they cannot fix as of yet. Been around since May IIRC
    Respect my shine bitch!

Mar 2007

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...014-2014-07-15

For those interested, next month's promo is going to be Show & Tell. Definitely a decent promo, even when the value for the promo is going to be much lower than the current 85$.

They also increase round time by 10 minutes (5 for each player) until August 13th. More power to the durdle!

Edit: Gotta love Wizards - appearently, they made powered Cube draft and forgot to set it to Phantom (thus, you could keep all the cards afterwards). Now they have to fix the whole mess.
    Last edited by Barook; 07-16-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

A full x4 Vintage Masters playset of duals can be purchased on MTGOtraders for right around $270.

Is this awesome, or bad? I say awesome. Discuss.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    A full x4 Vintage Masters playset of duals can be purchased on MTGOtraders for right around $270.

Is this awesome, or bad? I say awesome. Discuss.
    I would rather buy from Goatbots since they're one of the cheapest Botchains around and their stock is huge, too. MTGOtraders has a nice service and reliable when looking for more obscure/older cards, but they're also more on the expensive side.

It's also less awesome that Wastelands are 130+ tix each and fetchlands also became horribly expensive.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

I would rather buy from Goatbots since they're one of the cheapest Botchains around and their stock is huge, too. MTGOtraders has a nice service and reliable when looking for more obscure/older cards, but they're also more on the expensive side.

It's also less awesome that Wastelands are 130+ tix each and fetchlands also became horribly expensive.

I'll have to check out Goatbots. I never knew that. As for the other prices I agree and disagree. There is an ebb and flow to how prices work, and frankly that is kinda the fun. As an example FOW online in the last year and 1/2 have fluctuated between 120ish and 25 I think.

I think that is good. A barrier to Legacy is the land prices and flooding the market with them is a good thing if even for the short term. This broadens the pool of players and increases competition.

Having all the cards the same price and cheap Magic would be a completely different game. Exclusion, and market is a dimension of the game I happen to enjoy. If all the cards were the same price there would be less variance in what people play, and overall meta would become relatively stagnant with short periods of variance when card rotate in /out. I'm sure in relatively short order Wizards will find a way to reduce the price of fetchlands to balance it out. ...but expect duals to climb at that point because I'm thinking VMA will be done at that point.

Mar 2007

One interesting thing I've observed is that quite a few people don't realize how to make tickets tradeable in V4.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

One interesting thing I've observed is that quite a few people don't realize how to make tickets tradeable in V4.
    because the interface for making them trade able does not work right all the time.

Friday I was going got buy some cards from a bot, and it told me I did not have enough tickets available, I closed the trade went to my collection, selected the tickets and then right clicked and selected the make all available option in the window gave it enough time to have updated, and re-started the trade and got the same error message from the bot saying I had no tix available.

The interface for making things trade able sucks and has bugs. the entire collection interface sucks if I select a set and rarity I want to see just the cards at that rarity in that set, not every card that was ever at that rarity. I get 94 results for VMA and Special, I should just get 9.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by sjmcc13 View Post
    I get 94 results for VMA and Special, I should just get 9.
    Sounds like some hackjob programmer is using || (OR) rather than && (AND) in the filtering task, and I'm not surprised at all by this.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Sounds like some hackjob programmer is using || (OR) rather than && (AND) in the filtering task, and I'm not surprised at all by this.
    Something like that.
    It seems to be looking at every rarity the card has been printed at, instead of the rarity in the set I have selected. Not 100% because I traded off my modo colleciton a few years ago and am only getting back in to it with VMA as my local play options have "dried up" due to me not being fond of kitchen table multiplayer with players who do not have the attention span to keep track of the game state orthe badly run drafts and that seem to be all the local shop wants to run (the last time he scheduled a Standard FNM he changed it to a Conspiracy draft at the last minuite, or at least did not put in an effort to get the word out of a scheduling change, and I found out right as I was about to leave).

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

It's more complicated than that. If you unselect VMA and only select "Special" rarity, it brings up 815 results, most of which are promotional cards, but also including weird stuff like the timeshifted cards from TSB.

My guess is somewhere in WotC's database there's a table that's like Card - Rarity and there's a table that's like Card - Set and there's entries like "Circular Logic - Common", "Circular Logic - Uncommon", "Circular Logic - Promo" and then the "Sets" table has "Circular Logic - VMA", "Circular Logic - Torment" because it comes up in both VMA and Torment for Common and Uncommon and Special despite being a common in VMA and an uncommon in Torment. They're just missing an extra Where clause on their SQL query.

Jul 2008
    NJ USA

Google "Hasbro Earnings Call and Report" and look at the news results

http://www.twst.com/update/69256-has...d-quarter-2014

I am not a trained finance person, but to paraphrase from someone's facebook post:

1) They seem to view Hearthstone as not a competitor to MTGO and instead as a competitor to DoTP. Their argument being that both DoTP and Hearthstone appeal to the casual market.

2) Hasbro has confidence in whatever WoTC plans to do, due to the large revenue WoTC generated in the last few years.

3) They want to invest more into MTGO to make more players play concurrently and return large online tournaments to the client (PTQs?)

4) Revenue for MTG has declined slightly in the last quarter, but Hasbro has faith in M15 and Conspiracy sells. Magic has also seen a plateau in revenue for the first time in years. Profit from MTG is still very high though.

Don't quote me on the exact words, but remember this is conference from other company representatives asking Hasbro questions about their 2014 Q2 sales.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by mishima_kazuya View Post
    Google "Hasbro Earnings Call and Report" and look at the news results

http://www.twst.com/update/69256-has...d-quarter-2014

I am not a trained finance person, but to paraphrase from someone's facebook post:

1) They seem to view Hearthstone as not a competitor to MTGO and instead as a competitor to DoTP. Their argument being that both DoTP and Hearthstone appeal to the casual market.

2) Hasbro has confidence in whatever WoTC plans to do, due to the large revenue WoTC generated in the last few years.

3) They want to invest more into MTGO to make more players play concurrently and return large online tournaments to the client (PTQs?)

4) Revenue for MTG has declined slightly in the last quarter, but Hasbro has faith in M15 and Conspiracy sells. Magic has also seen a plateau in revenue for the first time in years. Profit from MTG is still very high though.

Don't quote me on the exact words, but remember this is conference from other company representatives asking Hasbro questions about their 2014 Q2 sales.
    That's pretty interesting.

1) DotP is for casuals, but they underestimate the impact of Heartstone, considering how shitty V4 currently is.

2) Wizards has hundreds of millions revenue each year. I'm not suprised they have free reign due to their success.

3) I wonder how they're planning to invest more money into MTGO since it clashes massively with Wizards' current policy. The responsible MTGO team consists of four way-below-the-industry-standard underpaid, terrible programmers with regular switches because of yearly lay-offs. MTGO probably makes 100+ million (if not way more) dollar each year, with a few ten thousand people. They could probably make billions if the program was actually good (and worked on other devices), hell, it could easily take the lead over paper. Maybe some of the managers don't want that and keep MTGO intentionally shitty to secure their jobs from the yearly lay-offs. That wouldn't suprise me anymore after all the info how Wizards' operates.

4) People don't want Bored of the Gods and Journey into Dicks? Color me suprised! Maybe they finally have to put some effort into set design again instead of taking old cards, doubling their mana cost and increase/double the numbers on the card.
    Didn't Conspiracy have a lukewarm reception at best? Not sure about M15, but it doesn't seem like the greatest set, either. VMA is a massive cash cow, though (despite Worth being retarded enough to almost kill it off prematurely, just "because").

Thread Information