Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MTGO Legacy questions

Re: MTGO Legacy questions

Great point Koby. Savannah is the prize for Mar. 20 - Apr. 17:
    http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...ther/12182012c

Hi

What time are the MTGO Legacy dailies held? I live in Australia and its normally hard to find time to play legacy normally. Would be great if I could play online

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

While logging in on my old account, I found the following items:

Premium Deck Series: Fire & Lightning
    Premium Deck Series: Slivers
    Shards of Alara Block Booster Pack (Premium Foil)

Where those given out for free at some point? If so, should I crack them open or trade them?

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    While logging in on my old account, I found the following items:

Premium Deck Series: Fire & Lightning
    Premium Deck Series: Slivers
    Shards of Alara Block Booster Pack (Premium Foil)

Where those given out for free at some point? If so, should I crack them open or trade them?
    They were given out for free based upon the date-of-creation of your MTGO account for the 10th Anniversary of MTGO.

You can try to sell them, but the last time I checked, Fire & Lightning was the only one worth anything and it was going for about 2 tickets.
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Earlier in this thread, posters mentioned: 1) a 'Modern Masters' release on MTGO containing cards like Tarmogoyf, Thoughtseize, and Dark Confidant, and 2) the release of the Power Nine on MTGO 'sometime in 2013.'

Would someone kindly provide more information about these product releases. If possible, could you link to an official WotC article?

Thank you,

Water_Wizard

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Wizard View Post
    They were given out for free based upon the date-of-creation of your MTGO account for the 10th Anniversary of MTGO.

You can try to sell them, but the last time I checked, Fire & Lightning was the only one worth anything and it was going for about 2 tickets.
    Well, it does have Grim Lavamancer in it.

Oh well, time to crack then.

Mar 2013
    Tampa, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Well, it does have Grim Lavamancer in it.

Oh well, time to crack then.
    You can get more off bots reasonably cheap to get playsets. I think I picked up some spares to round out my sets (I got two free ones) and they cost me 3 tix each. I picked up some more Graveborns too since I was working on putting together my friend's Reanimator deck. Including the one I got for free, I paid about 16.5 tix for my set of those. You still need to pick up some other stuff on the side, but to get some of the core staples their respective decks need, they're pretty damn nice, all things considered.

As for MTGO staples in general, the majority of the cards you're looking at are certainly far and away cheaper. There are a few notable exceptions (LED and Tangle Wire are very expensive while FOW, SnT, and Wasteland are all about on-par with their offline counterparts) but generally it's all cheaper. Duals cap at 30, Candelabras are 10, Karakas is 3 but can be picked up way cheaper, you get the idea. A few commons are a bit more expensive like Cloud of Faeries and Daze because of Pauper being a popular format online, but overall it's not too bad in terms of expense.

I first tried Affinity last summer but the support was just never there. Since they gave away FOW as the January promo, however, the interest has spiked and events are firing pretty consistently these days.
    Main deck: Maverick
    Secondary decks: High Tide // Affinity
    MTGO decks: Affinity

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Wizard View Post
    Earlier in this thread, posters mentioned: 1) a 'Modern Masters' release on MTGO containing cards like Tarmogoyf, Thoughtseize, and Dark Confidant, and 2) the release of the Power Nine on MTGO 'sometime in 2013.'

Would someone kindly provide more information about these product releases. If possible, could you link to an official WotC article?

Thank you,

Water_Wizard
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ly/arcana/1086
    Is the modern masters release since its a GP format we can expect it to be released inj a similar time frame to paper.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...y/feature/223b
    is the announcement for P9 on MTGO sadly the only information (you want the paragraph at the very bottom separate from the cube info) is that we will be getting them before the end of 2013, no how, no exact when or even why.

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Quote Originally Posted by pryite199 View Post
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ly/arcana/1086
    Is the modern masters release since its a GP format we can expect it to be released inj a similar time frame to paper.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...y/feature/223b
    is the announcement for P9 on MTGO sadly the only information (you want the paragraph at the very bottom separate from the cube info) is that we will be getting them before the end of 2013, no how, no exact when or even why.
    Thank you so much!

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

I just bought in, and I'm having a lot of fun!

Bought in a few days ago, you can find me as UnitOne online if you want to playtest!

Mar 2013
    Tampa, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    I just bought in, and I'm having a lot of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by bkemke View Post
    Bought in a few days ago, you can find me as UnitOne online if you want to playtest!
    Good to see more people! Me and my friend tried playing last night but the 4-round wasn't able to fire. We got up to 9 (need 16 to start) so the more people on and playing, the better. While I have a BFA account, you can find me at girman.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlameAshura View Post
    Good to see more people! Me and my friend tried playing last night but the 4-round wasn't able to fire. We got up to 9 (need 16 to start) so the more people on and playing, the better. While I have a BFA account, you can find me at girman.
    I only have one deck, but I'd like to test it against the field. I bought into my Helm-chant-Rest on the cheap ($160.) If i like it I'll consider more expensive decks (like TinFins) for serious testing. So far so good.

Mar 2013
    Tampa, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    I only have one deck, but I'd like to test it against the field. I bought into my Helm-chant-Rest on the cheap ($160.) If i like it I'll consider more expensive decks (like TinFins) for serious testing. So far so good.
    I've only got one as well but I'm getting real close to finishing another or two. I've got a sorta bad Reanimator build right now but it's getting there. Just picked up my first FOW yesterday (traded my Tarm for it which was just collecting dust in my collection and not being played)

I just bought my favorite - Stoneblade. I've played in 2 Legacy dailies so far with fair results (1-2, 2-2) but I hope to get practice and improve.

There seems like a decent interest and the prize structure is pretty good - 3 QPs and like 14 packs for 4-0. 1 QP and 9 packs for 3-1 is a decent return on 6 tickets.

For those who love this format and take it serious, I think this a great way to express it!

Mar 2013
    Tampa, FL

I just bought my favorite - Stoneblade. I've played in 2 Legacy dailies so far with fair results (1-2, 2-2) but I hope to get practice and improve.

There seems like a decent interest and the prize structure is pretty good - 3 QPs and like 14 packs for 4-0. 1 QP and 9 packs for 3-1 is a decent return on 6 tickets.

For those who love this format and take it serious, I think this a great way to express it!
    Definitely. I played standard last year and used to grind dailies and it was pretty awesome until the format became over saturated with Delver. But I was playing Tempered Steel since my plan was to convert it into Affinity, which I did, and Modern was fun for a bit but then Stony Silence decided to make me hate my life along with Izzet Staticaster. Real good prizes for what you're getting, especially since you can just sell the packs to bots and use your excess tickets for more singles.

Site Contributor
    Mar 2013
    Poland

I started with Legacy about 1 month ago and play mostly in Tournament Practice.
    I don't feed too confident with my plays mostly because I'm still not sure what type of deck i like most so I try all of them and play-test before starting some Daily runs.

TinFins
    Reanimator
    UW / UWr Counterbalance / Helm
    Omnitell
    Shardless BUG
    RUG Tempo
    Esper Stoneblade

If You want to play-test with me, and don't have a problem with grammatical/linguistic errors, feel free to message: Maro_

I hope that MTGO will see more Legacy players, its a great format and I want to be a part of it
    :)

Sure, I'll look you up! You can find me online as UnitOne

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

I've also just bought in to MTGO. Been playing in tournament practice mostly to get used to the interface lately. Hopefully my schedule will align to start hitting some dailies now and then.

/edit: find me on MTGO: beanaman
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

If I buy a MTGO card, can I redeem it later as a physical copy?

I'm assuming the answer is no to things like Underground Sea and what not.

Thread Information