Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legacy in the City [NYC]

Legacy in the City [NYC]

I've recently moved to New York City (midtown) from the land of StarCity Games tournaments (Virginia) and am disappointed in the lack of legacy tournaments in the city. For all of you out there familiar with New York Magic, please share any and all upcoming legacy tournament opportunities so we can get some good turn-outs and a competitive atmosphere!

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

Re: Legacy in the City [NYC]

http://www.facebook.com/groups/261041147314410/

NYC legacy group - sometimes you gotta make a few trips around (out to long island, upstate, etc) but they happen every so often. Enjoy NYC, I'm an uptown guy myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

20 sided store every other sunday has legacy, gets 15-25 people, 4 rounds, launches promptyl at 1pm. Very friendly people
    Team Hadley: OG Member Bitches
    I pray to Tom Brady.
    Red Sox 04 & 07: YEA

Is there anywhere that regularly has weekly tournaments on Saturdays or Sundays? I heard 20 Sided had close to twenty people show up just last weekend, with that turn out, 20-Sided and Montasy Comics in midtown should have legacy tournaments every weekend. Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by w4rlock View Post
    Is there anywhere that regularly has weekly tournaments on Saturdays or Sundays? I heard 20 Sided had close to twenty people show up just last weekend, with that turn out, 20-Sided and Montasy Comics in midtown should have legacy tournaments every weekend. Agree?
    Montasy comics does legacy? Since when/turnout/location? +1 to their regulars from me if so
    I pray to Tom Brady.

Just called montasy comics 2, they're NOT running legacy events on Sundays anymore for the time being and have scrubbed them from their calender except for this sunday (which is again, not happening).
    I pray to Tom Brady.

Thanks for checking- there obviously is enough interest here on the Source to warrant Montasy hosting weekend legacy tournaments. I've been to Montasy both Saturday's and Sunday's and it's usually pretty quiet. If we can muster up some more support, we can maybe get Montasy to start hosting tournaments!

Bear Arms Legacy New Yorkers!

I'm not sure how far in NYC anyone is from NJ, but we have Legacy in Fords, NJ on alternating Saturdays twice a month. We might even move it to 4 times a month. It starts at 2 pm. We had 17 people recently.

Just throwing it out there as miles wise, we aren't that far. Drive time is a different matter.

Are any of you guys in the downtown manhattan area and interested in meeting up for some games? I had a regular play-group together before the banking meltdown sent half the crew abroad and would love to get something going again.

I'd definitely be down. If we all meet at Montasy on the weekends we could for sure get something going. Just need to rally legacy players in the city so we have some numbers. If interested, please respond to this thread.

Always up, work permitting.
    I pray to Tom Brady.

Jupiter Games has legacy once a month and there is a small group of us who go up every month. I usually drive and I have room in my car if people are interested in going up. Also, Undiscovered Realms in Hartsdale (30~ minutes north of the city) has been trying to get Legacy going and has had several mox tournaments so far.

Is twenty sided doing legacy this weekend?

I'd be interested in some NYC legacy, especially in midtown. There is a shop at 114 31st between Lexington and Park called MAGE Gaming where I usually hang out and bring Legacy. Has lots of tables.

Would people here be interested in making a Source NYC Legacy group on FB, just to better coordinate stuff like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyvith View Post
    Jupiter Games has legacy once a month and there is a small group of us who go up every month. I usually drive and I have room in my car if people are interested in going up. Also, Undiscovered Realms in Hartsdale (30~ minutes north of the city) has been trying to get Legacy going and has had several mox tournaments so far.

Is twenty sided doing legacy this weekend?
    Not this weekend, but next, and every other weekend (check their events calender).

Would definitely travel 30 min for a mox event, lmk about it in future! Jupiter too far for me personally.
    I pray to Tom Brady.

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

I live uptown but I'd definitely be willing to trek downtown/midtown wherever to get some regularly going playtesting/tournaments/etc. So let me know if things happen
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

Chickenbok, Madmaniac, Zoomer and anyone else- MAGE Gaming is a great idea to meet and build the Source NYC legacy scene. Let's focus on weekends since most of us have work, _Fortune_ / Dyvith, would this be a possibility for you as well? Let's keep this going to nail down a time/place that works for as many people as possible.

Just checked the 20 Sided Store calendar, looks like they ended their bi-weekly legacy tournaments. Where can we legacy players play in the city now?? Please respond with options.

Quote Originally Posted by w4rlock View Post
    Just checked the 20 Sided Store calendar, looks like they ended their bi-weekly legacy tournaments. Where can we legacy players play in the city now?? Please respond with options.
    They're still happening as far as I now, went to one yesterday (posted about it w/ results yesterday). I see they just moved off the one they had listed in 2 weeks, I'll ask about it this week
    I pray to Tom Brady.

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

Well, someone just PM me when and where I should go when its time to play.

I could do MAGE or Montasy, and will be at the next 20-sided store event, work permitting.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and getting a group going.

Thread Information