Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248
Results 4,941 to 4,948 of 4948

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Not really a strategy but we can now play with official phyrexian swamps, courtesy of jumpstart!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    New Gloucester, Maine, USA

Yeah, those are sexy. So far Jumpstart has been a pretty fun product to watch.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Darth Poxious

Mar 2010
    Chicago, IL

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2218439

Having Waker of the Dead in the list made it illegal... lol... I'll add her after release. I'll find room for Eliminate too. Had to do some awkward juggling, like cutting Dark Rituals down. Planeswalking Pox?
    One Liliana to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all into the Sinkhole Wasteland!

what's the over and under on the amount of snow swamps you'd need to run Dead of Winter?
    i'm for starting a petition to errata the winter mishra's factory as a snow permanent.

also, can i get a pox discord invite?

Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    what's the over and under on the amount of snow swamps you'd need to run Dead of Winter?
    i'm for starting a petition to errata the winter mishra's factory as a snow permanent.

Part of the value of playing DOW in Snow control decks is that it doesn't kill your own Strixes and 3/3 Astrolabes (and you also have your own astrolabes to increase snow count).
    Without these upsides and with the relatively high likelihood of not having enough snow permanents to reliably kill the things you want in a reasonable timeframe it's probably going to be worse than Toxic Deluge most of the time.

Darth Poxious

Mar 2010
    Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post

I find 12 snow swamps to be adequate assuming you're running a 24 land minimum. Snow factories would definitely help in the power output of Dead of Winter.
    One Liliana to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all into the Sinkhole Wasteland!

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    New Gloucester, Maine, USA

I would also look at Scrying Sheets and Dark Depths as strategies of you want to go the snow route. Scrying Sheets can help you find the snow man-lands and potentially other tech. Dark Depths is fairly well established as a strategy in fringe variants of Pox.

If you want more snow swamps to feed Dead of Winter you can cut the factories altogether and try an alternative win condition like Leyline/Helm.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Darth Poxious

Mar 2010
    Chicago, IL

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2218439

Unfortunately, the full Planeswalker Pox design fails to disrupt quickly enough and ultimately resetting to an older design that disrupts strong and fast and then nails in the coffin with a Nether Void while also going the transformational sideboard into Oops-I-win Helm of the Void combo... The Waker of the dead is amazing behind a bridge and the triple Cursed Scroll design is very dangerous in the Delver meta. This is for my MTGO design as I don't own a Paper Tabernacle and run 4 Urborgs instead. I also have 3 Chains of Mephistopheles instead of 3 Underworld Dreams because of limited budget for Paper Pox Legends. I do own a single Nether Void from back in the day ^_^. Waker of the dead is also an excellent nuker for melting really big targets late game like a stalled Dark Depths or a late Show & Telled Emrakul. Eliminate replaced Innocent Blood and has proven excellent compared to my old sideboarded Murderous Riders and The Elderspell. I wished they had printed it sooner...

Thread Information