Page 220 of 263 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    as you are playing prison Pox not sure Nihilith is necessary, but it is a cool card and Fear is a sweet way to just clock them hard.

For my suggestions - I'd cut Totem and Nether Spirit for 2x Necropolis Fiend, 2 Innocent blood for 2 Fatal Push, and drop Crucible for a second Scroll

This gives you more closing power and more power over creatures.

Spirit is weak to the same things as Fiend (both only die to Swords, tho Spirit can be knocked out for a turn by other removal) but is way worse than Fiend on the table. Fiend doesn't have the same synergy with reciprocal discard, sure, but still has synergy in that discard fuels the yard for him. And fiend dominates the table brutally.

Totem ramps but you already have ritual. The creature mode is fine but it'll be your whole turn when you use it, and it's not only weak to Swords but also weak to any burn spell or even a flashed in snapcaster mage. Fiend is not weak to those and closes almost as fast without committing resources while also being harder to block, capable of blocking in his own right, and generally better from behind

Never been a huge fan of crucible, we have tons of late-game card already, and too often you draw it and it does nothing. Scroll is proactive and helps kill planeswalkers, which is important. This deck is all about recursive, permanent-based removal. I'd rather do repeated damage than repeated waste/mishra, miss land drops, etc. Not denying crucible is a powerhouse in the right situation, just that situation seems more rare than the scroll situation.

Push over blood is arguably better in general since you can choose the thing and won't get blown out by elves or Young Pyromancer/Mentor tokens. if you run Fiend it's better since you can cast it with Fiend in play.

TL;DR I love Necropolis Fiend in this deck and fewer cute cards more removal and CA generating!
    Mmm interesting. I am not sure about the demon, on the paper it doesnt seem really interesting but who knows... I should give it a try. Its it antisinergic with cabal pit by the way...

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrata View Post
    He does too little too slowly. That and his loyalty abilities don't help the deck. There's a reason lots of the recent top Pox decks don't include hard draw spells/abilities. Hell, even the old winning Pox decks never ran them either. For 4 mana, we could throw 2 Hymns at your dome. I'm glad I never purchased Karn now. Had my doubts due to the original Pox commandments: damage, mana, disruption. Karn does none of the above.
    Yeah, it was an expression of the desire to improve the decks. Been there, done that.
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

Trust me, Fiend is pure gas.

I'll give you two more reasons besides those cited above
    1. In combat he kills virtually every other non-combo creature in legacy. Small exception for angler and goyf, where you have to block and use his ability, and I guess also can't kill a big enough death shadow, tho swinging for 4 in the air makes shadow kind of risky. Also races TNN in the air

2. What would you rather topdeck? Imagine you are ahead, Lili in play, opp with not a lot - do you want to land a big threat, give him 5 more draw steps, and further blank all creatures he draws, or do you want spirit/totem to present a slow clock or a fast one that stalls against any creature? Now imagine youre behind, opp with some dudes, you with lands and maybe a spell or two - do you want a 4/5 that kills any of his attackers and picks them off when they don't attack, instantly stabilizing you, or do you want a 2/2 that can block repeatedly? Or maybe a 5/5 that cant block?

Ok ok sorry I'll stop and admittedly he's a bit of a pet card. But I do think he's very strong, harder to answer (non-swords decks have to 2-1 themselves) and more aggressive. You're right about cabal pit tho :(
    Don't recall, Don't imagine, Don't think, Don't examine, Don't control, Rest

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Trust me, Fiend is pure gas.

I'll give you two more reasons besides those cited above
    1. In combat he kills virtually every other non-combo creature in legacy. Small exception for angler, where you have to block and use his ability, and I guess also can't kill a big enough death shadow, tho swinging for 4 in the air makes shadow kind of risky. Also races TNN in the air

2. What would you rather topdeck? Imagine you are ahead, Lili in play, opp with not a lot - do you want to land a big threat, give him 5 more draw steps, and further blank all creatures he draws, or do you want spirit/totem to present a slow clock or a fast one that stalls against any creature? Now imagine youre behind, opp with some dudes, you with lands and maybe a spell or two - do you want a 4/5 that kills any of his attackers and picks them off when they don't attack, instantly stabilizing you, or do you want a 2/2 that can block repeatedly? Or maybe a 5/5 that cant block?

Ok ok sorry I'll stop and admittedly he's a bit of a pet card. But I do think he's very strong, harder to answer and more aggressive. You're right about cabal pit tho :(
    I could run him if for my doubt I could fuel both the Delve to cast, and the Delve to use his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I could run him if for my doubt I could fuel both the Delve to cast, and the Delve to use his ability.
    Yes, thats a good point.

I dont think creatures are the problem, i am well prepared. I think i preffer another obliterator instead of this creature.

I don't think he's good in a deck with 8 pox, that's for sure.

And the delve has not been too hard for me, only need 1-2 cards in yard to kill things. Many lists have run tombstalkers, he is one more with a utility ability instead of the 5th point of power

Obliterater is great too tho. And fiend is not perfect of course. Just I've had good experience with it so far.

And the delve has not been too hard for me, only need 1-2 cards in yard to kill things. Many lists have run tombstalkers, he is one more with a utility ability instead of the 5th point of power

Obliterater is great too tho. And fiend is not perfect of course. Just I've had good experience with it so far.
    Yes, thank you for sharing ur experience, maybe i give it a try

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I think if you're dedicated to 4x Smallpox and 4x Pox, anything besides Bloodghast, Nether Spirit, or Cursed Scroll is probably going to disappoint you. Once you commit to big Pox, it becomes a fairly fast clock anyways. A third of your life total is pretty good for one card, Scroll/Spirit/Ghast chip away and do the rest. If you resolve a 2nd Pox you should be in a very strong position to win.

I think anyone skeptical of not having enough cards in the grave to delve after casting Necropolis Fiend should test it. I have frequently had extra cards in my graveyard after casting Tombstalker. I almost always use as many lands as possible to cast it (just playing around Daze, if relevant) and leave cards in the graveyard anyways. A little practice should smooth out issues. On the topic of 'personal favorite cards', Bitterblossom was always stellar for me in Pox.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think if you're dedicated to 4x Smallpox and 4x Pox, anything besides Bloodghast, Nether Spirit, or Cursed Scroll is probably going to disappoint you. Once you commit to big Pox, it becomes a fairly fast clock anyways. A third of your life total is pretty good for one card, Scroll/Spirit/Ghast chip away and do the rest. If you resolve a 2nd Pox you should be in a very strong position to win.

I think anyone skeptical of not having enough cards in the grave to delve after casting Necropolis Fiend should test it. I have frequently had extra cards in my graveyard after casting Tombstalker. I almost always use as many lands as possible to cast it (just playing around Daze, if relevant) and leave cards in the graveyard anyways. A little practice should smooth out issues. On the topic of 'personal favorite cards', Bitterblossom was always stellar for me in Pox.

I allways play 2 biterblossom side. would u mind post your list?

Thank you

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I haven't adjusted for the Deathrite/Probe ban yet, and I'm not even sure how to approach it. I've been playing other decks. If I were to build it now, this is roughly where I'd start testing:

3x Bloodghast
    4x Bitterblossom
    3x Thoughtseize
    1x Cabal Therapy
    4x Innocent Blood
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Smallpox
    2x Sinkhole
    2x Collective Brutality
    1x Pox
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    1x Beseech the Queen
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    4x Wasteland
    4x Mishra's Factory
    4x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Cabal Pit
    1x Bojuka Bog
    12x Swamp

Sideboard
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    2x Surgical Extraction
    4x Nihil Spellbomb
    3x Engineered Plague
    1x Liliana, the Last Hope
    1x Dismember
    2x Open

No Dark Rituals, the format is about 1/2-1 turn slower now. It's better to curve out and big Pox is pretty awesome against the grindier control decks (Stoneblade, Miracles.) I don't want less than 26 lands, and I'd feel better at 27 but I want the Beseech package.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Until recently, I was very happy with my mana-denial build (4 Sinkhole, 2 Nether Void, 2 Chains...).
    In this post ban meta, Sinkhole seems strong. But there are so many D&T around ! Aether Vial is an escape door for them, and it is hard to find answers (even if with 1 Ratchet bomb and 1 Pithing needle in the mainboard).
    Should I move back to another Pox version ? Or just ajust my SB to D&T ?
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    Until recently, I was very happy with my mana-denial build (4 Sinkhole, 2 Nether Void, 2 Chains...).
    In this post ban meta, Sinkhole seems strong. But there are so many D&T around ! Aether Vial is an escape door for them, and it is hard to find answers (even if with 1 Ratchet bomb and 1 Pithing needle in the mainboard).

Dread of Night
    Engineered Plague

Name 'humans' on Engineered Plague. I wouldn't register a list with less than 3x EP with Pox, and 4 seems correct. Landing the first will be game breaking, landing the 2nd is lights out. Your only real concerns are creatures that get equipped and Batterskull; make sure you have a plan to deal with those and you should have decent odds. Get in under them before a SoFI or Batterskull shows up. I find regardless of my deck choice, D&T is a difficult matchup to sideboard against. It has a lot of raw synergy and redundancy.
    Brainstorm Realist

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Three needles mainboard is alright. Besides DnT they are an answer to all the planeswalkers we see nowadays.

Remnant of the worst Case Scenario, an Immortal

Mar 2010
    Metropolis Prime

Should I move back to another Pox version ? Or just adjust my SB to D&T ?
    Don't forget Night of Souls' Betrayal! But only if you don't run ghast or Bitterblossom. That's practically auto-scoop after sticking a Dread of Night. It's still a weenie deck. Extirpate their shit. They'll be top decking garbage for the rest of the game.
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

Ok, thanks for the advice !
    I will try to find some room for the extra Needle in the main (I already play Night of Soul Betrayal in the SB, along with The Abyss, and I really love it)
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Adachi Ryosuke was at EW Japan, and got a camera match in round 6 vs UB Shadow

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298661819

his match starts at about 5hrs 42min

SPOILERS
    - Mr. Safety was right about Beseech seeking lands, he uses it for Maze in g1
    - g1 showcases phyrexian totem as a strong closer, esp against Shadow which has no burn
    - bridge seems great in the matchup
    - his deck looks beautiful
    - he keeps it in a BLACK BREIFCASE

Hey all, having a little trouble finishing games.
    Any suggestions?

Cursed Scroll x2
    Thoughtsieze x4
    Dark Ritual x3
    Innocent Blood x3
    Smallpox x4
    Bloodghast x4
    Hymn to Tourach x4
    Sinkhole x4
    Bitter blossom x1
    Toxic Deluge x1
    Liliana of the Veil x4
    Liliana the Last Hope x2

Mishra’s Factory x4
    Urborg Tomb of Yogmoth x4
    Wasteland x4
    Maze of Ith x1
    Bajuka Bog x1
    Swamp x10

Tormod’s Crypt x3
    Ensnaring Bridge x3
    Ratchet Bomb x2
    Pithing Needle x2
    Engineered Plague x2
    Surgical Extraction x2
    Bontu’s Last Reckoning x1

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Shrieking Affliction . Don't bother cutting anything, just add a copy.
    Last edited by Hardcore; 08-21-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Shrieking affliction can be good. Other options are phyrexian totem or necropolis fiend/tombstalker. Since you're on a bloodghast list, buried alive can also be a way to get a ton of pressure. Nicely paired with vengeful pharoah.

How are you liking 4x sinkhole?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Vess View Post
    Hey all, having a little trouble finishing games.
    Any suggestions?

Cursed Scroll x2
    Thoughtsieze x4
    Dark Ritual x3
    Innocent Blood x3
    Smallpox x4
    Bloodghast x4
    Hymn to Tourach x4
    Sinkhole x4
    Bitter blossom x1
    Toxic Deluge x1
    Liliana of the Veil x4
    Liliana the Last Hope x2

Mishra’s Factory x4
    Urborg Tomb of Yogmoth x4
    Wasteland x4
    Maze of Ith x1
    Bajuka Bog x1
    Swamp x10

Tormod’s Crypt x3
    Ensnaring Bridge x3
    Ratchet Bomb x2
    Pithing Needle x2
    Engineered Plague x2
    Surgical Extraction x2
    Bontu’s Last Reckoning x1
    Bloodghast and Bitterblossom without Cabal Therapy? You're killin' me dude...

Buried Alive gets you triple Bloodghast, which I think is probably the easiest way to quicken your clock. It doesn't require many slots. Collective Brutality is pure gas with Bloodhast, too.

I would do this:

-3 Dark Ritual
    -1 Thoughtseize
    -2 Sinkhole

+1 Buried Alive
    +2 Cabal Therapy
    +2 Collective Brutality
    +1 Swamp
    Brainstorm Realist

Thread Information