Page 181 of 263 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

3-1 and 4-0

Vs TES 1-2
    Vs random pile 2-0
    Vs Omnitell 2-0
    Vs ANT 2-1

Vs Bomberman 2-1
    Vs Grixis Delver 2-1
    Vs Merfolk 2-0
    Vs Grixis Delver 2-1

Only minor tweaks, still playing through Needles and Chalices.

4 Liliana of the Veil
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Smallpox
    4 Bloodghast

3 The Rack
    3 Toxic Deluge
    3 Collective Brutality

2 Fatal Push

1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Cursed Scroll
    1 Vengeful Pharaoh
    1 Pithing Needle

4 Wasteland
    2 Mishra's Factory
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    14 Swamp

I like your list, seems fairly aggressive with the Bloodghasts and the Racks, I imagine that helps a lot especially against combo decks. Might have to try that as I've been going the slow route with Spirits and more Scrolls and Factories. Yet I almost never end up blocking with Spirit, and he's a poor attacker... dunno

How are you liking the 3x Toxic Deluge? I'm thinking of going up to at least 2 (or maybe trying out the Bontu's Reckoning some people are talking about). So many times come up when it's my only out, and even when it's not it's an easy 2+ for 1, and people just walk into it. Feels good killing TNN and Deathrite for 3 mana and 2 life.

What do you play in the board?
    Don't recall, Don't imagine, Don't think, Don't examine, Don't control, Rest

Thanks! Without pressure all of our efforts are likely wasted. Bloodghast and The Rack are both great in the deck.

Toxic Deluge is super necessary, 3 has been my number for a while and feels right.

SB:

4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Faerie Macabre
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Null Rod
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Pithing Needle

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

I had good use out of Reanimate and needles main, today.
    Something like this.

4 Bloodghast
    2 Tombstalker
    1 Vengeful Pharaoh
    1 nihilith
    3 Shrieking Affliction
    1 the rack
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Smallpox
    4 Pox
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 engineered plague
    1 Reanimate
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 entomb

11 Swamp
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Blood Crypt
    1 dakmor salvage

SIDEBOARD (15)
    1 Collective Brutality
    4 Surgical Extraction
    3 Engineered Plague
    3 Backlash
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Toxic deluge

I won over a shardless deck tnx in part to reanimate. It helped I could borrow TNN and Goyf from him:D

Needles was good against eldrazi stax.

Backlash works against lands, but mostly by surprise. It is not that great combined with needle.
    Last edited by Hardcore; 08-09-2017 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I had good use out of Reanimate and needles main, today.
    Something like this.

I won over a shardless deck tnx in part to reanimate. It helped I could borrow TNN and Goyf from him:D

Needles was good against eldrazi stax.

Backlash works against lands, but mostly by surprise. It is not that great combined with needle.
    I've been thinking about needle in the main, do you remember how well it worked in general? Was it worth the card slot for what it hit?

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by dunstilbrejik View Post
    I've been thinking about needle in the main, do you remember how well it worked in general? Was it worth the card slot for what it hit?
    It depends on your build for sure, and what you need them for. My deck is unorthodox lacking any lock pieces as you see, and Needles is there against Blade decks and Lands which are problematic for me.
    IMO one or two in main should be all right. It is mostly UR delver decks that are immune to it. Other decks have all one or two cards with activated abilities, like; DRS, vials, jace, SFM, liliana and more. Wasteland, Maze of ith, Thespian stage, Griselbrand, sneak attack, eye of ugin...

Without having tested it, i'm going to say that yes it probably was. name death rite, aether vial, rishadan port, thespian stage, sneak attack, grisselbrand, equipment, and jace the mind sculptor. just with those it will greatly tilt a remarkable number of 50-50 to slightly unfavorable matchups towards slightly favorable or even very favorable.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I've been debating Pithing Needle maindeck for a bunch of decks, honestly. Pox is one deck where it solves a ton of problems (on the cheap!) The format is overbearingly fair at my LGS, making Needle a really good option. Considering how many targeted discards Pox plays (usually 4-6) Needle becomes bonafide amazing in the right circumstances.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

I am considering going to three. Then I can needle a death rite shaman and have others in reserve should I get a need.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Two needles is enough, and two Reanimate is nice. It hurt to reanimate ones own tombstalkers but it is manageable.
    Thinking of one Coffin Queen in SB against stuff like 12post.

I am also thinking about Burning wish.
    Last edited by Hardcore; 08-16-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Nov 2011
    Krems an der Donau, Austria

Hey. I tried a complete new Pox list. Here my thoughts:

4 Smallpox
    4 Gravecrawler
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Lingering Souls
    3 Dark Ritual
    2 Innocent Blood
    2 Plague Belcher
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Dunes of the Dead
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Swamp
    2 Scrubland
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Vindicate
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Cabal Pit
    3 Bone Picker
    2 Gurmag Angler
    3 Fatal Push
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Braids, Cabal Minion
    SB: 2 Bitterblossom
    SB: 2 Nether Void
    SB: 2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    SB: 2 The Abyss
    SB: 2 Lost Legacy
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge

Smallpox: Depending on the situation I can discard Gravecrawler, Lingering Souls, or a Spell i did not need anymore. Creatures for Sacrifice are Gravecrawler or a Lingering Souls token. Maybe a Dunes of the Dead Token. For Land sacrifice I have the Dunes of the Dead. (I think this card has a lot of potential. Maybe here in Pox!)

Braids, Cabal Minion: I really love this card. Never found a deck for it. Maybe this is it. I can sacrifice Dunes of the Dead or Gravecrawlers. Maybe Souls tokens!

Plague Belcher: I can put the counter on a Gravecrawler or a Souls Token. Alone he is weak, but he makes the kill faster and is a Zombie for the Gravecrawler. Therefore i also have Angler over Tombstalker.

Bone Picker: A Delver with Deathtouch. In a Deck with a lot of removal it comes very often for B and in the lategame the 3B is also affordable. I think this card has also a lot of potential!

Phyrexian Tower: For fast mana for fast moves and feeds the Bone Picker!

Innocent Blood: With Souls and Gravecrawler it should be a small drawback

The rest are removal and discard spells. The sideboard is built very fast. No plan if this is the right way
    Cards about they I think for this deck:

Cabal Therapy: for massive discardaction with gravecrawler or souls

Darkblast: Dredges some Gravecrawlers and Souls into grave

Liliana of the Veil: A very strong card in every black deck. Found no space for it

Liliana, the Last Hope: Also strong in this Deck. It fills the grave and brings creatures back

Toxic Deluge: A solid Massremoval. But with many anti synergie in this deck

Wasteland: the colorless mana gets to high, but it sould have a place in a pox deck

Sinkhole: to have a strong mana Denail plan. But what we have to cut?

Crucible of Worlds: Only Strong with wasteland, brings dunes of the dead back!

Waste Not: Can also fit in this Deck with the discards. But I am not sure.

What do you guys think about this pox list? I thought maybe its strong to go more aggro!
    Do I need another splash color?

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Hey. I tried a complete new Pox list. Here my thoughts:

4 Smallpox
    4 Gravecrawler
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Lingering Souls
    3 Dark Ritual
    2 Innocent Blood
    2 Plague Belcher
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Dunes of the Dead
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Swamp
    2 Scrubland
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Vindicate
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Cabal Pit
    3 Bone Picker
    2 Gurmag Angler
    3 Fatal Push
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Braids, Cabal Minion
    SB: 2 Bitterblossom
    SB: 2 Nether Void
    SB: 2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    SB: 2 The Abyss
    SB: 2 Lost Legacy
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge

Smallpox: Depending on the situation I can discard Gravecrawler, Lingering Souls, or a Spell i did not need anymore. Creatures for Sacrifice are Gravecrawler or a Lingering Souls token. Maybe a Dunes of the Dead Token. For Land sacrifice I have the Dunes of the Dead. (I think this card has a lot of potential. Maybe here in Pox!)

Braids, Cabal Minion: I really love this card. Never found a deck for it. Maybe this is it. I can sacrifice Dunes of the Dead or Gravecrawlers. Maybe Souls tokens!

Plague Belcher: I can put the counter on a Gravecrawler or a Souls Token. Alone he is weak, but he makes the kill faster and is a Zombie for the Gravecrawler. Therefore i also have Angler over Tombstalker.

Bone Picker: A Delver with Deathtouch. In a Deck with a lot of removal it comes very often for B and in the lategame the 3B is also affordable. I think this card has also a lot of potential!

Phyrexian Tower: For fast mana for fast moves and feeds the Bone Picker!

Innocent Blood: With Souls and Gravecrawler it should be a small drawback

The rest are removal and discard spells. The sideboard is built very fast. No plan if this is the right way
    Cards about they I think for this deck:

Cabal Therapy: for massive discardaction with gravecrawler or souls

Darkblast: Dredges some Gravecrawlers and Souls into grave

Liliana of the Veil: A very strong card in every black deck. Found no space for it

Liliana, the Last Hope: Also strong in this Deck. It fills the grave and brings creatures back

Toxic Deluge: A solid Massremoval. But with many anti synergie in this deck

Wasteland: the colorless mana gets to high, but it sould have a place in a pox deck

Sinkhole: to have a strong mana Denail plan. But what we have to cut?

Crucible of Worlds: Only Strong with wasteland, brings dunes of the dead back!

Waste Not: Can also fit in this Deck with the discards. But I am not sure.

What do you guys think about this pox list? I thought maybe its strong to go more aggro!
    Do I need another splash color?
    I think you want to have some number of collective brutality i would trim a lingering souls and fatal push for them.

I wouldn't splash a third color personally. Makes the man's very unstable. If you do I would suggest green for life from the loam and switch ritual for mox diamond.

Can't get behind 0 liliana. I have been on liliana the last hope as she allows up to bank cards in hand, but liliana of the veil works well with all the crawlers and lingering souls.

More aggro approach seems good right now so I would likely trim a creature or 2 and suggest some number of mutavault for their synergy with gravecrawler making it more easy to return it to play while being more resilient to removal being a land.

Other than that I like the overall idea. Not 100% on braids, but I could get behind that inclusion.

ran a legacy side event at gp denver 4-0, had a blast.
    R1, Burn 2-0
    His deck didn't like him. game 1 he flashed me an eidolon while shuffling, so I knew what to play around, turn 1 lili, pitch a wasteland, turn 2 cursed scroll, turn 3 removal spell his one swiftspear and smallpox the other one, turn 4 he's out of cards and i'm on 7 life, i play a factory, and start hitting him for 2 a turn, he draws one bolt in the middle of the searing blazes, lands, and creatures that my factory and scroll are keeping him from hitting me with. Game 2 he fire blasts me in response to me trying to finish emptying his hand, and he doesn't draw another land to cast anything while my factory and his vortex do a quick job of killing him.

R2, Nic Fit 2-1
    G1 I land an abyss, hymn away his recurring nightmare (he had a finks, an e. wit, and a grave titan to chose from), clean up the board with a deluge, and split his 3 swamps and a mountain vs. 3 forests with a lili ultimate. G2 he wins with a double explorer pop on 2 (I BSZ them away to get the mana so i might actually draw spells) and he GSZ for woodland bellower, find fierce empath, grab grave titan. i don't find deluge and lose. G3 I don't remember the exact sequence, but he gets hymned and wasteland off of every land in his hand by t2, and cursed scroll+ double factory starts the surprisingly quick job of killing him before he draws out of it after I surgical the only fetch he has 4 of.

R3, Predictables
    This poor poor soul. G1 he dazes my T2 Hymn, my T3 Crucible, and the T4 Lili resolves, with a cursed scroll following it down. He loses in fairly brisk manner from there. G2, he dazes the T2 Hymn, the T3 Hymn hits dissenchant+White Fetch, he says tundra mentor, I lili it away and waste the tundra, he fetches another tundra and plays a second mentor, he discards his jace to lili up and my brutality finishes clearing his hand (second Disenchant) while killing his mentor. After that I drop Chains, and the game is over. He admits that after I FoF his 4 Islands vs. Plains, Tundra, 2 Tarn, then drop nether void.

R4, Grixis (4C) Delver
    Don't remember this one too well, other than it involving me using factory/scroll/abyss to keep a pyromancer in check g1 and double smallpox/nether spirit/abyss to clear out two pyromancer tokens and 2 Angler in game 2. Delver matches tend to blur together for me.

Overall, I was fairly happy with the second abyss main, and the brutalities, the Seizes (took a gurmag angler G1 vs delver) and everything I didn't use, I sat next to the matchups where I wanted it. (sat next to D&T vs. maneless dredge, D&T vs. sneak and show, and elves vs. Mud at various points.)

2 Cabal Pit
    4 Mishra's Factory
    10 Swamp
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    3 Urborg, tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Wasteland
    1 Nether Spirit
    3 Collective Brutality
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    3 Cursed Scroll
    3 Dark Ritual
    2 Fatal Push
    1 Grim Tutor
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Murderous Cut
    1 Nether Void
    4 Smallpox
    2 The Abyss
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Toxic Deluge

1 Black Sun's Zenith
    2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Extirpate
    1 Nether Void
    1 Night of Souls' Betrayal
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Nice result
    1) Do you ever feel like 3 Cursed Scroll is too many? My immediate knee-jerk response to this list is -1 Scroll +1 Dark Ritual
    2) Any ideas on Grim Tutor vs Adachi Rykosuke's Beseech the Queen? I guess Grim curves into The Abyss and Nether Void and I'm not sure if he played those
    3) Whats the idea behind Black Sun Zenith? I guess more Deluge copies are too hard on your life total, but it seems worse than Drown in Sorrow for X = 1 or X = 2, if your want it for big creatures that wouldn't die to -2/-2 I guess you can just put as much mana into BSZ as possible to shrink them, but then maybe Bontu's Reckoning or Damnation is better?

But mostly I think this is a good list, it doesn't cut the cards that make the Pox deck good in the first place and doesn't play a bunch of creatures for no reason. Props for styling on people with all the legends cards in paper

1) While I admit that drawing the second cursed scroll can be incredibly awkward, it is a potent enough threat that I am perfectly fine having it as a dead draw to discard to lili/smallpox later if it means i see one by turn 4-5 more often, the same basic logic behind running 4 lili instead of 3 and multiple urborg. there are also a large number of lists that will gladly board in one to two artifact/enchantment hate (see predictables matchup) and most of them will point it at cursed scroll given the chance. against the decks it's actively bad against, it's one of the first things i trim, but i feel like I'll be sleeving 3 until we get something to run D&T, Delver, Elves variants out of the meta game for us.
    2) I made the switch from beseech to grim when i played mox diamonds and green, since diamond+2 lands can't grab crucible, liliana, etc. I've kept it from the number of times that I want to tutor for a 4 drop on 3, the number of times when I'll have Swamp, Swamp, Factory to play it when i want anything, and the number of times when the only relevant turn it will fit into my curve is off a turn 1 dark ritual (usually i'm not grabbing cursed scroll/land in those scenarios, i'm finding a lili or a hymn)
    3) It's a board wipe that does a very good job of clearing pyromancer/mentor tokens, elves and D&T boards, and scaling with the game state (could have BSZ for 7 in multiple games throughout the weekend, not just vs. nic fit) and it doesn't decrease the number of relevant board wipes in my deck after i cast it. I do consider Reckoning if Eldrazi starts getting big again, but at that point i also just consider more bridges, and I think i prefer Flaying Tendrils over Drown in Sorrow, but that's partially because we have a fair number of people who are K. Commanding back DRS/Pyromancer. BSZ is also a fairly reasonable 11th way to get Leovold off the board.
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Oct 2005
    Belchertown, MA

Hey guys, y'all are inspiring me to do some tweaking! My last result was so meh i didn't even write it up here. (2-4) I'm headed out next weekend to battle again in the same event (TJ's Titanium Plus Weekend in Worcester) and I think a few changes are in order.

First of all, my list:

4 Smallpox
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Innocent Blood
    1 Inquistion of Kozilek
    2 Cursed Scroll
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Nether Spirit
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 To the Slaughter
    4 Wasteland
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Tomb of Urami
    10 Swamp

4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Collective Brutality
    3 Tombstalker
    1 Ob-Nixilis Reignited
    1 To the Slaughter

I've liked everything here, the To the Slaughters have been ok, the Brutalities are amazing, the Ratchet Bombs are great, Tomb of Urami is hilarious. In my last event I faced 2 Lands decks and 2 Stoneblade decks (Jeskai and Esper) and I lost all around. (I beat Reanimator twice) I like the talk of moving Pithing Needles to the main, it should help in both of those matchups. I think I can cut one of the To the Slaughters, probably the main deck one, for a third sweeper, either a Deluge, Reckoning, or Zenith. I think the Inquisition should go back to being an Innocent Blood to help fight TNN/Batterskull, and I think I'll cut a Sinkhole, since they are not great in these matchups. I also think I'll go back to Night of Soul's Betrayal since it punishes TNN.

For the tournament this weekend I will change the following:
    -1 Sinkhole
    -1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    -1 Dark Ritual
    -1 To the Slaughter

+2 Pithing Needle
    +1 Innocent Blood
    +1 Night of Soul's Betrayal

and in the Sideboard:
    -1 Pithing Needle

+1 Black Sun's Zenith

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Kind of off topic here, but Sea-Gate Wreckage is so amazing in the deck. I run it as a 1-of in the deck and once you get into top deck mode, you're able to draw so many cards. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to play Pox.
    "The enemy is getting too close! Quick! Inflate the toad!"

Oct 2005
    Belchertown, MA

Quote Originally Posted by ntropy View Post
    I'll let you know how it goes!!
    It went poorly. I liked the changes, it felt good, but I just couldn't win games. Catching the variance back swing after my recent successes I guess. Never say die, though, I'll be at it again next month.

[Primer/Deck] Pox

With the new legendary planeswalker rules we can play both our dark ladies, liliana of the veil and liliana last hope, seems nice

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nocioni88 View Post
    With the new legendary planeswalker rules we can play both our dark ladies, liliana of the veil and liliana last hope, seems nice

Thread Information