Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrata View Post
If you're looking for a reset button, it'd behoove you to consider Nevinyrral's Disc. If 4 cmc is too high, there's also Plague Boiler which can't be needled as it's not activated. You just need to buy 3 turns. Ratchet Bomb is ok. I have used it to kill a Jace before but those were very lucky circumstances where the Jace pilot constantly Brainstormed but couldn't find an answer. I used to run 2 SB The Elderspell which turbo activated a Liliana, the Last Hope twice in the lifetime I used the card.

Big sweepers are good for us but permanent 'blox' are usually more effective I've found: Night of Souls' Betrayal, Plague effects and Ensnaring Bridge make excellent speed bumps in your foe's plan to kill you. Even more so if you're Cursed Scrolling or Racking to a win.
As for sweepers, the best one imo Dead of Winter. You use edict effects to counter cheated creatures anyway.

I like Illness in the Ranks as it castrates Monastery Mentor, Young Pyromancer and Empty the Warrens, all 3 are in top tier decks. Against delver night of souls' betrayal is the ultimate, but also nearly impossible to resolve. For the mana I want The Abyss. I think these are all the options:

Dread of night
the abyss
illness in the ranks
Night of Souls' Betrayal
Engineered Plague
Plague Engineer