Page 229 of 263 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

did anyone try a list with Ammit Eternal?
    if they block, they lose 3 life and if they cast spells then cards like the rack and shrieking affliction become better.

and since it's a zombie, play it for zombie shenanigans with gravecrawler and the like?
    it's also a demon if you have a reason for demon tribal...

Jul 2014
    Poxadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by ntropy View Post
    Curious to know how the event went. I think I would have swapped the Pox/Library numbers. I don't know what to specifically suggest, but taking advantage of an extended Entomb package would be... advantageous? Maybe Darkblast. Maybe Syphon Life or Worm Harvest. I've never jammed Loampox but those are some traps I would fall for.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    ...How high is his Dexterity level?

Bontu's seems really bad.
    Mythic Champion levels.

Deluge is superior to Bontu's but Bontu's might have a leg up on the 2nd copy of Deluge. The lifeloss hurts a little more in the late game than the mid. Bontu off of a Ritual, Totem or a Diamond feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonShade View Post
    Doing okay with this list (Mono-B) the last two FNM's
    Faerie Macabre is a pretty sweet idea. Tombstalker would have been pretty good in those non-white matches, but BR & Ant probably benefited from maindeck hate.

No sweepers is unusual but glad to hear it worked.

I've also been rocking a maindeck Karakas and love it.

edit: oh yeah, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    did anyone try a list with Ammit Eternal?
    That sounds fun to brew but would definitely end up being a different archetype.

Why stop at Demon tribal when you could jam Crocodile?
    [I'll photograph your wedding for Reserved List cards]
    BEST PEASANT CUBE EVER.
    http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/35136
    900 Card Monstrosity. IG: naynayscube

Oct 2005
    Belchertown, MA

Quote Originally Posted by naynay666 View Post
    Curious to know how the event went. I think I would have swapped the Pox/Library numbers. I don't know what to specifically suggest, but taking advantage of an extended Entomb package would be... advantageous? Maybe Darkblast. Maybe Syphon Life or Worm Harvest. I've never jammed Loampox but those are some traps I would fall for.
    I lost to Burn round 1, but Trinisphere was good in both sideboard games, I just punted a block with a factory that I thought I could pump which cost me game 3.

Round 2 I lost to the only Lands player in the room. I punted game 1, then got seriously out ground game 2. They went on to top 8.

Round 3 I lost to Temur Delver. I felt the lack of Innocent blood and sinkhole here. I usually feel good in this matchup but this was hard fought to win game 2, nevermind game 3.

Round 4 I got the bye and was gone in minutes.

Deck seemed functional, I really didn't get to try it against anything tier 1, so who knows. The maindeck Poxen should perhaps be Toxic Deluge, but they both can answer creatures, while Pox can also pressure mana, so I'm trying them out. some of the numbers are very experimental. I too will fall for the traps that are cool silver bullets. Darkblast is pretty good. That's the one I may find room for.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Please wizards of the coast... Please make one card that is an auto include for Pox sometime this century. Looking at you Modern Horizons...

Quote Originally Posted by naynay666 View Post

Faerie Macabre is a pretty sweet idea. Tombstalker would have been pretty good in those non-white matches, but BR & Ant probably benefited from maindeck hate.

No sweepers is unusual but glad to hear it worked.

I've also been rocking a maindeck Karakas and love it.

edit: oh yeah, congrats.
    Thanks. I really brought Faerie to have a chance game 1 against Lands/Reanimator/maybe Dredge, but uncounterably invalidating Snapcaster is just as good (and a more regular occurrence in those longer games vs Miracles/Grixis). It provides some much needed interaction in these difficult match-ups game 1, and works with LTLH to control the graveyard more or to get on board for any reason. I knew my opponent was on Reanimator and I mulled to 4 game 1 searching for a Faerie with no luck, but fortunately they opened with reanimating Chancellor and I survived. Yes it was also relevant against storm, including the game I lost in which I used it prematurely and was punished.

Before LTLH I would've had some Toxic Deluges main, too many 3 drops now sadly. Got some alternate sweepers in the board.

Edit: The Elderspell looks like the BB kill planeswalker spell I’ve been hoping for, and more! Maybe 2 in the board?
    Last edited by DungeonShade; 04-15-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Is Deliver Unto Evil a card that Pox would play?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Liliana's Triumph and the new Ashiok are both pretty decent for Pox, actually.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I would be surprised if Deliver Unto Evil is playable (I think you need to be in a perfect situation for it to be better than something like Night's Whisper or Read the Bones)

Davriel is reasonable.

Ashiok might be playable as a SB card. One problem with this card is the strongest application of the "no shuffle" is for disabling fetchlands, but then your opponent just lets their dead fetch sit in play and it nullifies the "sac a land" aspect of smallpox. (Or you're letting them tap it for mana anyway with Urborg). In matchups where both the graveyard hate and the 'no search' effects are relevant beyond fetchlands (Storm, Lands) it could be an okay SB card, especially if you are playing a ritual build that can turn 1 it. I don't think it's worth playing maindeck because it's a 3 drop that doesn't win the game (it arguably does, in a roundabout way) or interact with the board at all.

The 2-for-1 aspect of Liliana's Triumph is really good and it might be a direct replacement for Innocent Blood in some builds/metas

Elderspell is also possibly playable but I think it compares really poorly to spyglass/needle
    - If you draw Elderspell while your opponent hasn't found a PW yet then you have to play awkwardly to avoid discarding it to your own Liliana/Smallpox, whereas you can slam needle on Jace at any time
    - Needle has more broad application against other non-PW things like Vial and Depths

The EE-land / Explosion Zone also seems good
    I'm not sure if it replaces a slot of a land or a spell. Unlike Ratchet Bomb it can't be activated for zero to kill chalice of the void or token swarms but it still seems like a useful tool with Crucible of Worlds and the opportunity cost of including it seems very low

While we're on the topic of colourless lands, Karn's Bastion proliferate helps to tick up Planeswalkers faster but this application is so narrow that it's probably just worse than a swamp

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Yeah, cool analysis shows the cards are nothing much to write home about. Ashiok is interesting hate that may see play. Perhaps in a Blue moon stompy. It is too expensive though.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Last weekend I was at GP São Paulo and played a bunch of Legacy side events with this Pox list:

MAINDECK
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Maze of Ith
    4 Mishra's Factory
    10 Swamp
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Wasteland

3 Bloodghast
    1 Nether Spirit
    1 Tombstalker

3 Dark Ritual
    1 Fatal Push
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Innocent Blood
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Smallpox
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Bontu's Last Reckoning

2 Cursed Scroll
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope

SIDEBOARD
    2 Engineered Plague
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Toxic Deluge

From what I remember, those were my wins:
    4 or 5x BR Reanimator
    UW control
    BUg control(ish)
    Burn
    Aluren
    UB mill

And those were my loses:
    Burn
    BR Reanimator
    UW stoneblade
    2x Elves
    MonoR Prison
    S&T/Dream Hall/Enter the Infinite/Omniscience
    D&T

I might be missing a couple of matches, but that was the gist of it.

I was positively impressed with the deck. I put it together the day before going to the event. I have never played with this list before and I can't remember the last time I played Legacy. I have some idea of the archetypes but don't have the knowledge of the card by card, play by play, turn by turn of the format. So obviously I stumbled in the beginning and lost some matches I could've won if played correctly. For example against D&T I chose to Hymn instead of dropping an E. Plague, then the opponent promptly assembled Thalia + Port and I was never able to cast E. Plague again before losing to Recruiter, Thalia, Crusader and Mother of Runes. After a few matches I got a better feeling of the deck and things went more the way one would expect them to go (I think).

The thing I missed the most was one-mana discard. A turn one Thoughtseize is really good and I was wishing I had it every time, so I'd add a couple more Thoughtseize/Duress/IoK to the main. It gives you really important info to decide your game plan (mana denial, apply early pressure, wait with creature removal etc) and can be really disruptive, taking the few threats you have difficulty dealing with.

Cards I felt lacking were mainly Sinkhole and to a lesser extent, Bloodghast.
    Sinkhole is a terrible topdeck, and even early game you find yourself having to cast other stuff to deal with threats in play/hand or to try to advance your game plan. Some times, together with Smallpox and Wasteland, it can win games, but those situations are quite rare.
    Bloodghast I felt was terrible early game, and by taking the spot of disruption can really make the early to midgame more difficult to traverse. It can be a good option to apply early pressure if it turns out to be this kind of game, and is a reliable finisher, but I'm not sure it is worth the early game clunkyness, and Factories kinda do the same thing and are great early game blockers.

Cards that really shone were Cursed Scroll and Tombstalker. Nobody expects them and they close the game faster than people would guess. I won against reanimator through Iona thanks to Scroll, and won some quick games on the back of an early Tombstalker. Cursed Scrolls dealt more damage than any other win condition. True MVPs.

I really liked the sideboard, I had something for every match-up, Burn being the exception, and every match I drew some of the sideboard, the cards really helped. I didn't really miss anything and I didn't feel there was something irrelevant in the 15.

About some specific match-ups:
    -Elves: before playing I thought this would be an easy one, since we have plenty removal, but it turns out elves is way quicker and more resilient than I could imagine. I was able to steal a game on the back of E. Plague, but other than that I don't know how to win this.

-Omni/S&T combo: do we have any chance?

- BR reanimator: with a dozen cards coming in from the sideboard, it gets really, really easy games 2 and 3. Game one is the opposite, really hard, but even that can be won given the right hand. I lost one match because game 3 I, with Leyline in play, thoughtseize'd an irrelevant card and left the Iona there, so next turn I got Reverent Silenced and was facing a Iona with no relevant permanents in play.

- Ux Controlish archetypes: I didn't play that many, but I feel we can out-grind them and win in the long game. I beat BUg by Extracting their lone Life from the Loam and leaving them on topdeck mode.

-Burn: is it really a bad match up? I had only a slight idea, and it felt terrible. Any insight for this? The match I won was because of an early Tombstalker for one game and an opponent mistake for another game (he locked himself with too many Pillars).

Overall, like I said, I really enjoyed the deck. I played to have a good time and had no problem in having a not-as-competitive/tier 1 decklist, but managed to get kinda even, even with no practice or experience.

Please discuss.
    "Want all, lose all."

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Thanks for the report! You are right about bloodghasts, they are not for every deck.
    You already got 13 win cons so cutting them is no big deal. Letting the Mishra's do more work suggest adding Crucible of Worlds would be a good idea.

Jul 2014
    Poxadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by caiomarcos View Post
    About some specific match-ups: Please discuss.
    Elves: E. Plague or the even better Night of Soul's Betrayal is a great start. Once that is on board you really just need to worry about GSZ for Rec Sage. Your two maindeck wraths are super solid, but always be aware of whatever they can bounce with either Wirewood Symbiote and Quirion Ranger. Needle on the Insect is worthwhile.

Show & Tell: We are better against the stock list than the Omniscience heavy or Cunning Wish variants, and luckily I think that community thinks stock is better. Mishra's Factory is a powerhouse that they can't really interact with. Postboard Needles, Bridges and Extraction effects are where I like to be. If you can Surgical away the bodies the cleanup is easy. But be weary of an occasional Jace that floats in and out of popularity.

BR Reanimator: You are already pretty beefy in the postboard games. My favorite thing to do here is stick a Lil Veil quickly and let the babe chill until you need an Edict Iona won't let you cast. Some think Coffin Purge is almost as good as a Surgical in many situations. Can pick off two jawns for two mana or survives being Thoughtseized out.

Ux Control: If they hit all their land drops and come down with a Jace on turn 4 we are in trouble. Very difficult to answer without a Factory already around. Worse yet a lone Factory isn't doing much when it upticks for the same amount. Surgical effects are super solid in this matchup as well. You cast a Hymn and they Brainstorm in response? Surgical (Extirpate is better.) after Brainstorm resolves with Hymn still on the stack and they will lose what they attempted to protect with the BS. Phyrexian Totem is my favorite card in these matchups. Just respect Snappy and/or STP.

Burn: Yeah it's bad. Collective Brutality can do some work here to extend the game a little bit, but won't end it. Back when I was on Sinkhole that was the plan followed by a quick Nether Void but that isn't always ideal. Phyrexian Obliterator is a powerhouse but there is danger in powering it out turn 2 off a Ritual. They can float two mana, sac for Fireblast + any other card and they don't have any permanents left to sacrifice. Worse yet they can then utilize that last mana and drop a Goblin Guide or something silly.
    BEST PEASANT CUBE EVER.

Jul 2014
    Poxadelphia

I had been jamming a manabase of 18-19 Swamps, 1-2 Karakas, 4 Factories and a Maze for a little while now. It feels better against Blood Moon, Back to Basics & Wasteland and I kept a lot of 7 card hands. We jam a lot of BB cards and Basics are all over Legacy right now. That being said I am back on Wastelands/Urborg after a fun run ran into a lot of bad matches and slowed down. List followed by 3 weeks at a weekly.

1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Mishra’s Factory
    4 Wasteland
    11 Swamp

3 Dark Ritual
    1 To the Slaughter

4 Thoughtseize
    3 Innocent Blood
    2 Collective Brutality
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Smallpox
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Beseech the Queen

2 Cursed Scroll
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Phyrexian Totem

4 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza

Sideboard
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Extirpate
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Lost Legacy
    1 Bitterblossom
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    1 The Abyss
    1 Nether Void
    1 Night of Soul’s Betrayal
    1 Phyrexian Obliterator

Yesterday I lost every die roll but won every match.

Rd 1 Nic Fit
    Game 1 opp opens with Cabal Therapy naming something blindly that whiffs but he saw my Cursed Scroll, Thoughtseize and Lil’ V (and some lands). I draw a Hymn and open with a Thoughtseize to see Phyrexian Tower, 2x Forest, Scavenging Ooze and Thragtusk. I yoink Scooze to protect Lily. He had no turn two plays and my Hymn stripped his Thragtusk. He played a Liliana of the Veil off of my Urborg, I played a Lily too. A couple upticks later I am able to take his out with CS & Mishra’s Factory. The next turn he Trophied mine. Somewhere in there a Veteran Explorer got us both some lands. I played another and then he top decked one too. He GSZ’d for an E Wit to re-Ass Trophy another Lily. I cast Phyrexian Totem and then IB’d his E Wit. Totem killed Liliana and then my opponent.

-3 Ritual, Karn
    +2 Extirpate, Abyss, NoSB.

Game 2 he starts swamp pass. Swamp, TS saw Sylvan Library, Pernicious Deed, Tireless Tracker, Liliana of the Veil, Bayou & Phyrexian Tower. Took Library as it is the only thing I can’t answer. I can’t answer Deed either but I had a fist full of sorceries and walkers that didn’t care about Deed. IB’d his Tracker, Mishra’s Factoried his Lily. I played two Liliana’s over two turns and he scooped to a bad top deck.

Rd 2 Elves
    Game 1 opp starts with a Mystic. I play a land and pass. Their turn two taps Forest and Mystic for a Ranger does Ranger stuff drops a Visionary and Hermitage Druid and a Nettle Sentinel. I play another land and a Ratchet Bomb but I don’t feel good about it. My opponent plays a Wirewood Symbiote and shakes all the Elves back and forth for a while before hard casting a Craterhoof Behemoth to swing for 16. I throw a counter on the Bomb as he passes to blow it up on my upkeep. Opponent bounces Visionary with the Symbiote to be left with a Craterhoof. Draw Last Hope and play the Liliana of the Veil to downtick her something fierce. Pass to opponent who replays Visionary and another Sentinel. I play a Liliana, the Last Hope and a Maze of Ith. Uptick that, Maze that. Following up with IB into Smallpox gets the scoop.

-1 Ritual, To the Slaughter
    +Abyss, NoSB.

Game 2 the 1/1s for 1 reigned supreme. There were a lot of them and I struggled to keep up. He eventually hit a Glimpse of Nature to draw 3-4 cards with no combo. I hit a desperation Deluge that brought me pretty low but cleared the board. I followed that up with a Curse Scroll which got GSZ’d into Reclamation Sage. Cabal Pitted the Sage and played a Maze. With me at 1 life he dropped 2 bodies. Last Hope killed one pass turn crack fetch for Dryad Arbor.

-3 Ritual, To the Slaughter
    +2 E Bridge, Abyss, NoSB.

Game 3 swamp pass forest manadork pass swamp Hymn which got an Abrupt Decay and a Reclamation Sage. Passback drops a land a three 1drops. Turn 4 Deluge, Turn 5 Totem Turn 6 Night of Soul’s Betrayal Turn 7 IB a Scooze and turn on the Totem beats.

Rd 3 Grixis Delver
    Game 1 turn 1 Delver flips immediately and hits 5 times. Turn 5 my graveyard was Hymn, Smallpox, Smallpox, Smallpox against his of Spell Pierce, Spell Snare, Force, Force. After that it was Forked Bolt to the face and Delver to the dome.

-3 Ritual, Karn
    +Chains, Abyss, NoSB, Obliterator.

Game 2 we both mulliganned and I stayed at 6 but my opponent went to either 5 or 4. I kept with some double black, Chains, BBog, WL, MF. Bojuka pass, WL my Bog. Factory pass, USea pass. WL Usea. He misses a drop, I swamp into swings. He missed again, I play another land and a Chains of Mephistopheles that does nothing the entire game. Miss swing miss swing. I draw and play Collective Brutality drains/gains and sees Spell Snare, 2x Pierce, Abrade, Mangler, Young Pizzy, and Delver. Take Abrade. Now we both start missing and swinging throwing Hymn after Lily after Hymn after Lily into my yard. We missed and I swung so much that I stated “man, it’s gonna be really embarrassing when I lose this game somehow.” Enough missing and swinging eluded embarrassment. He lifted his library to show me that he bottomed a Wasteland with the mulligan scry.

Game 3 my opponent played a Delver that didn’t flip but that didn’t stop the brave little scientist from swinging. Tenacity paid off the next turn when he flipped and smashed. Hymn connected but removal got countered while the 3/2 smashed in two more times. One Smallpox got Forced but the next Smallpox resolved. Stuck a Totem that joined a Factory and a Scroll in controlling the board until scoops.

Rd 4 Grixis Delver
    Game 1 I kept MF, Bog, TS, 2 Rituals, Karn & Lil Veil. Opponent opened with Usea Delver, pass. Draw 2nd TS, play Bog, pass. Flip, swing, WL my Bog, pass. Draw and play Mishra’s Factory, pass. Rip and drop a swamp. Dark Ritual into Thougtsneeze sees Spell Snare, Brainstorm, Ponder & 2 Fetchelands. Grabbed BStorm, played another TS got Ponder, 2nd Ritual Liliana of the Veil -2. He Countered my Crucible of Worlds but succame to a 2nd Factory with Liliana backup.

-3 Ritual, Karn
    +Chains, Abyss, NoSB, Obliterator.

Game 2 I kept a slow 7 that had CoBru(?) Lil V, The Abyss and Phyrexian Obliterator but my opponent mulled on the draw. He hit and protected a Delver while Thoughtseizing my Abyss. Stuck a Lily I didn’t think was going to stick, -2 a Delver. Pitched the Oblit to a +1 and the inability to cast it. I don’t remember too much more other than I think I Deluged something and it ended with a couple Lilianas and a Crucible.

4-0. 13 People

The previous two weeks I ran the same list. These are text messages I edited for your reading pleasure.

Goblins 0-2
    Maindeck Ratchet Bomb was great. Other than that they beat me down pretty quickly. All the wrong removal.

White Eldrazi 2-1
    Maindeck Ratchet Bomb was great here too. He won the first. I won the next two with Phyrexian Totem + Factory and then Totem + Obliterator. I think this is a good matchup for me.

Jace/Depths/Loam/Bantblade home brew. 2-0
    First game was intensely back and forth with a lot happening on the stack. I cast To the Slaughter with Delirium getting a Jace & Marit Lage. Pretty positive that was the best I could ever cast it for and every future casting will having me chasing the dragon (to slaughter it). Fast forward I ultimated The Veil one turn and Last Hope the next. Swung in with a bunch of zombies twice. He didn’t realize I had an Urborg and could have made a Marit Lage.
    Game 2 I farted out a Karn super early and he couldn’t keep up.

2-1 Only 8 people. 3 Goblins, 3 Tundras, White Eldrazi & me. It was a weird night.

Week before that… 1-2
    2-1 Ant
    1-2 Grixis Delver
    0-2 Miracles

Wastelands were why I beat Ant (+Extirpate on Usea with one in his hand and a fetch in the field) and a part of why I lost to Miracles. That and Counterbalance into Back to Basics into Jace that I answered into Jace I couldn’t answer.
    BEST PEASANT CUBE EVER.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Nice! Phyrexian Totem seems to be the anti -planeswalker tech i need.

Ashiok and Liliana’s Triump looks like they have potential.

This list just 5-0ed a big mtgo tournament

Pox
    Creatures (1)
    1 Nether Spirit 1bb 2.00
    Planeswalkers (7)
    1 Ashiok, Dream Render 1ubub 2.32
    4 Liliana of the Veil 1bb 330.28
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope 1bb 93.22
    Spells (25)
    4 Dark Ritual b 1.80
    3 Innocent Blood b 0.63
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek b 19.96
    4 Hymn to Tourach bb 1.96
    2 Liliana's Triumph 1b 2.00
    4 Sinkhole bb 17.60
    4 Smallpox bb 1.20
    Artifacts (2)
    2 Cursed Scroll 1 20.94
    Enchantments (1)
    1 Nether Void 3b 812.50
    Lands (25)
    1 Bojuka Bog 2.24
    1 Cabal Pit 0.25
    1 Maze of Ith 20.76
    4 Mishra's Factory 1.64
    9 Swamp 0.00
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale 2,460.98
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 59.96
    4 Wasteland 172.76

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1877983#paper

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    This list just 5-0ed a big mtgo tournament
    Well it 5-0d a league

I feel like I would rather maindeck the Crucible over the Ashiok but I am curious to know what the player thought of it.
    Triumph seems better the more that I think about it. I was valuing the idea of the 2-for-1, but even if your opponent has an empty board just being able to snap it off in their drawstep to take their card like a funeral charm seems pretty good

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Candelabra doesn't even do anything in this deck so it's confirmed just a flex
    I often wonder the same thing about people playing the other 'useful' legends cards e.g. 1 Abyss (whether they realise it or not)

Jul 2014
    Poxadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Candelabra doesn't even do anything in this deck so it's confirmed just a flex
    I often wonder the same thing about people playing the other 'useful' legends cards e.g. 1 Abyss (whether they realise it or not)
    Candelabra either doubles the amount of creatures you can Maze or turns a Factory into 2: 3/3 attacking or 4/4 blocking I guess. Still goofy. Almost as goofy as the rest of the sideboard. I wonder what the entry fee was at this 35 person 2K.

edit: And hell yeah 2x Gurmangler.

I am really digging the new Ashiok in the two recently posted lists. Finally once again excited to Sinkhole something.
    BEST PEASANT CUBE EVER.

Force of Despair seems like good sidehoard tech vs Elves, Reanimator, Death and Taxes, and Goblins. Pox decks struggle against swarm decks and combo decks. The instant speed and being free to play could break a elves player combo turn. Thoughts?

Thread Information