Page 135 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

i'm no expert in splashing colors in pox but when i hear about adding blue, i can't help but think of shadow of doubt..

Mar 2014
    London

Talking about splashing colours in Pox decks I brewed a version with Shardless and Ancestral Vision. It works pretty well.

Deck list and mini tournament report here

https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...ery-agent-pox/

Sib

Hope you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    Talking about splashing colours in Pox decks I brewed a version with Shardless and Ancestral Vision. It works pretty well.

Deck list and mini tournament report here

https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...ery-agent-pox/

Sib

Hope you like it
    Personally I won't give up mox diamonds. The explosive factor plus turn 1 library into shardless cascade into ancestral is way too good and happens often enough. I love having tombstalker because he is a very difficult to answer threat for the majority of legacy. Creeping tar pit seems good but I have enjoyed lumbering falls for the fact it can't be answered with spot removal. I suppose when you're not running creatures that may not be such an issue though. Not sure how you aren't running Sylvan Library, but I suppose that is just preference.

Mar 2014
    London

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    Personally I won't give up mox diamonds. The explosive factor plus turn 1 library into shardless cascade into ancestral is way too good and happens often enough. I love having tombstalker because he is a very difficult to answer threat for the majority of legacy. Creeping tar pit seems good but I have enjoyed lumbering falls for the fact it can't be answered with spot removal. I suppose when you're not running creatures that may not be such an issue though. Not sure how you aren't running Sylvan Library, but I suppose that is just preference.
    I ran out of space for Sylvan Library. I was in my first build over the two Duress, but I had to add more turn one plays. Doing nothing on t1 is just not an option. I think that with such a number of spells we don't actually need library but it would be nice to find space for one or two. We are trying to blank removal, both smallpox and our opponents, so running Tombstalker doesnt seem like a good idea. This deck wins, it just takes a while

Sib

Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    I ran out of space for Sylvan Library. I was in my first build over the two Duress, but I had to add more turn one plays. Doing nothing on t1 is just not an option. I think that with such a number of spells we don't actually need library but it would be nice to find space for one or two. We are trying to blank removal, both smallpox and our opponents, so running Tombstalker doesnt seem like a good idea. This deck wins, it just takes a while

Sib
    I like your list don't get me wrong. It seems solid. I just like my list with library and mox diamond. But you are 100% correct when you say blind cascading into diamond is a feel bad. Especially if I don't have land in hand. Such a kick in the front.

So, what're everybody's thoughts on eternal masters? I like the sinkhole art and I look forewords to foil deluges, but I think they picked the wrong art for hymn to tourach.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

If the price is right i will get myself a set of Sinkholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

A Pox deck 5-0ed the League a couple days ago. What do you guys think about the build? It's similar to mine, but with some interesting choices. No Innocent Blood surprised me, as did the inclusion of Ob Nixilis.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

post a link

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    post a link
    http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/422686#paper

Very interesting build. The mikokoro throws me off though. Not sure why you want to give your opponent cards in pox. But it obviously worked for that player.

Jul 2015
    Stockholm

Very interesting build. The mikokoro throws me off though. Not sure why you want to give your opponent cards in pox. But it obviously worked for that player.

If they are hellbent and you have smallpox or liliana they don't get to deploy any cards except at instant speed, also seen some stupid shit vs storm.

If you force them to draw a card in response to infernal tutor after they crack led they aren't hellbent anymore.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

clever trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxboy View Post
    If they are hellbent and you have smallpox or liliana they don't get to deploy any cards except at instant speed, also seen some stupid shit vs storm.

If you force them to draw a card in response to infernal tutor after they crack led they aren't hellbent anymore.
    I'm aware of the trick vs storm with infernal tutor, but it's good to mention anyway. It just seems odd for a pox deck to run that card. The 2 mana plus land investment just doesn't seem ideal to me. Clearly it worked though.

i assume the 2 ratchet bombs in the main is a meta call, the pilot is probably expecting some eldrazi, monastery mentor and young pyromancers..so those should most likely be for the chalices(chalice at 1 hurts) and the token creatures..

i am curious with the demon, its abilities seem really good for pox..i guess as a 1-of its fine..

Quote Originally Posted by zenitramleirdag View Post
    i assume the 2 ratchet bombs in the main is a meta call, the pilot is probably expecting some eldrazi, monastery mentor and young pyromancers..so those should most likely be for the chalices(chalice at 1 hurts) and the token creatures..

i am curious with the demon, its abilities seem really good for pox..i guess as a 1-of its fine..
    Ob nixilis seems really good, but the 5 mana is very concerning to me

Ob nixilis seems really good, but the 5 mana is very concerning to me
    I've been play-testing this build on xmage and with friends, and am pleasantly surprised with how solid it is. I was also concerned with Ob's cost. With ritual, though, he's easy to get on the board Turn 3. He also provides a useful outlet for rituals drawn after the first few turns. When he hits the board, he often has that "game over" effect you get from Nether Void or Abyss in certain match-ups. If you've ground your opponent down and then land the Ob, they're finished.

As for Mikokoro, it's been surprisingly useful. Another poster mentioned the synergy between Mikokoro and Liliana/Smallpox once you get your opponent hellbent. I've also used it to put a card in my hand for an emergency scroll activation, and I've used it with a Hymn in hand when opponent only held 1 card.

My concern is likely more around giving your opponent the chance to find more answers and business. I would rather have something that fills my hand and not theirs. Even underworld connection seems better or another nixilis.

I think I'm fine with the one copy, or replace it with a sea-gate wreckage. Also, pointing out that with the ob emblem, the mikokoro is 4 dmg a pop
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Quote Originally Posted by Quitrex View Post
    I think I'm fine with the one copy, or replace it with a sea-gate wreckage. Also, pointing out that with the ob emblem, the mikokoro is 4 dmg a pop
    That could be a perfect reason to run it. Good point actually. If you have liliana and ob out it's not likely that a threat will stick

Thread Information