Page 138 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Gate to Phyrexia can also work wonders with Worm Harvest, since you could have many worms out at a time. They would also work well with dupicate Gates, since apparently you can only activate the Gate once a turn.

I don't know if you guys play Worm Harvest or really need to kill that many artifacts but it's an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Trying to transition my GB Pox into a GB Lands/Pox hybrid. I want a recursive threat that is an alternate win from Dark Depths. I am thinking Worm Harvest or Syphon Life so that I can remain creatureless. Nether Spirit could be good too. Any other suggestions?

More mana denial with Wasteland and Rishadan Port and being able to play extra lands with Exploration.

Also looking for Japanese Foil version of the following that may go in the new build.
    4 Krosan Grip
    1 Boseiju Who Shelters All
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Ghost Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by jredelstein View Post
    Trying to transition my GB Pox into a GB Lands/Pox hybrid. I want a recursive threat that is an alternate win from Dark Depths. I am thinking Worm Harvest or Syphon Life so that I can remain creatureless. Nether Spirit could be good too. Any other suggestions?

More mana denial with Wasteland and Rishadan Port and being able to play extra lands with Exploration.
    Start here - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...46-Jund-Depths

You may want to start in the very end pages too, but looks like the first page has interesting concepts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by jredelstein View Post

Also looking for Japanese Foil version of the following that may go in the new build.
    4 Krosan Grip
    1 Boseiju Who Shelters All
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Ghost Quarter
    I would say 1 nether spirit, 1 worm harvest, 2 dd with 3rd in board and 4 stage would be my win condition suite. Syphon life out of the board for burn could be cool... I guess. It is really mana intensive for 2 life though

Honestly, I swear by nether spirit, especially if you're playing entomb. To be fair I don't care much for loam pox variants, but that's mostly because I start feeling an awful lot like i'm either playing Lands (at which point...) or not using Loam to its full capacity. that being said, in a loam version I like the nether spirit as a one of next to one each of the syphon (burn decks, combo decks, decks capable of dealing with large quantities of creatures repeatedly) and the worm harvest (good for other decks that go wide and decks that can out race your syphon a'la batterskull) given possible meta shifts, I can see moving one of the three to the board and/or going up to a second copy of any of them in the main. I also think it's worth noting that the kill con on that list that miracles has the hardest time dealing with is syphon life, as they can simply float a 4 of (5 copies if they board in a keranos) with their counterbalance, as opposed to the fact that most lists don't play more than 2-3 3 drops in the main, with rarely more than two additional in the board (most of which they'll consider boarding out and/or not board in.)
    So, at the GP I faced
    1 Zoo 0-2 (g1 kept an anti brainstorm hand, turns out he's literally modern zoo with duals instead of shocks. g2 doesn't go much better, just takes 3 extra turns.

2 affinity 2-1 (g1 is t1 hymn, t2 decay scroll, t3 scroll activate. g2 he has 3 steel overseer on t3, g3 isn't even close, I have approx everything and he mulled to 5)

3 elves 0-2 (color stumble g1, g2 he exploded out the bottom of his curve, drew half his deck and cast a crater hoof by his third turn)

4 ANT Storm hahahaha 2-0

5 TES Storm hahahaha 2-1 to an explosive draw on the play

6 ANT Storm hahahaha 2-0. I'm never getting rid of the second nether void

7 show and post 0-2, what feels like a reasonable matchup isn't terribly forgiving when g1 he draws more crop rotations than i do ways to deal with them and casts emrakul on t5 through double wasteland smallpox, g2 he t2 show and tells in a titan and...

8 Shardless 2-1 the game i lost he had 3 ancestral suspended by his fourth turn and i found no way of punishing that... otherwise, the dust bowl drown yard temple did work in one and chains into nether void wrecked face in the other.

9 Elves 2-0 proved to be reasonable as smallpox into decay into void is still potent against basically everyone it seems.

10 Reanimator 0-2 turns out that dealing with a griselbrand before your second turn g1 and an iona g2 isn't terribly fun

11 Eldrazi 2-0 so... a very good matchup as long as you see a reasonable hand

12 Eldrazi 0-2 so... never finding a third land against t1 thorn of amethyst in both games doesn't feel as great

13 D&T 0-2 I misplayed horribly game 1 and lost that game to it, g2 he had a wonderful curve and I kept a speculative hand where both black sources were off the one urborg that he had a wasteland for.

14 Lands 0-2 I can't win game 1. and g2 I don't find a needle and he plays a turn 1 exploration into a t2 stage/depths. not the best showing

15 Shardless 2-1 runs about the way you'd expect. g1, my draw didn't line up the way i would have liked, g2 i politely tore him apart with the dust bowl/drownyard temple engine, g3 he suspended a t1 ancestral and played a t2 library. i top decked my chains. oops...

overall, I enjoyed the way the deck worked. I think i want one more black source in the list (i'm actually considering trimming a factory) and I think I want a main-board sweeper. I have a friend who put 8-5-2, 7-2 day one, with enchantress that had a living wish package that i'm considering trying. specifically, changes i'm going to make for the local legacy thing this coming tuesday
    Main
    -1 Mishra's Factory
    -1 Abrupt Decay
    -1 Warping Wail
    +1 Swamp
    +2 Living Wish

SB
    -2 Ensnaring Bridge
    -1 Chalice
    -1 Night of Soul's Betrayal
    -1 Pithing Needle
    -1 Surgical
    +1 Tabernacle
    +1 Karakas
    +1 Cabal Pit
    +1 Sea Gate Wreckage
    +1 Bojuka Bog
    +1 Dust Bowl
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Only in main deck you have 13 cards that require BB to cast, and that with only 13 sources for black mana.
    That make Urborg a keycard, and a weakness, in your deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

ya, went into the event knowing that and largely hoping that most people wouldn't pick up on it and punish it. also relevant to note is that urborg is more often than not the second black source on its own. I think it was approximately ⅔ of the time that it was Swamp or Diamond + urborg for hymn than factory or wasteland plus urborg.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Side note: I really don't like lingering souls. that card is very inconvenient.
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Remnant of the worst Case Scenario, an Immortal

Mar 2010
    Metropolis Prime

Me being a big Pox caster don't want to consider Thoughtseize cause paying life is what I do. That and I rarely block so every HP counts. I'm starting to lean toward Duress once more and will consider revamping my list to have Funeral Charms to deal with those turn 1 annoyances like mana-dorks or Lackeys. Or possible Disfigures if DRS is more prevalent.
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

It depends on the meta, ofc. If life is an issue you may have lot of fair decks in the field. Thoughtseize would better be replaced creature kill then i suppose.
    Myself i am currently considering three Dismember in main deck. They would have been Innocent Blood if not for Eldrazi decks running chalice in main. (cunning as i am the IB are in the sideboard)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    It depends on the meta, ofc. If life is an issue you may have lot of fair decks in the field. Thoughtseize would better be replaced creature kill then i suppose.
    Myself i am currently considering three Dismember in main deck. They would have been Innocent Blood if not for Eldrazi decks running chalice in main. (cunning as i am the IB are in the sideboard)
    Curious that perhaps you should still mainboard the bloods and sideboard the dismember. If your game 1 is vs aggro you're better off with blood, you can still beat eldrazi since your mana denial plan, plus smallpox liliana etc are all good there then board into dismember if you feel you need it. Does this make sense? I need to pick up pox soon and test the match up. It honestly seems like a favorable one to me.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

It is not as good as it might seem at first look. Problems for Pox in general is chalice with one counter on the first turn. Then the eldrazi player can get a Thought-knot Seer into play already on turn two, pinching your answer to it. Then Reality Smasher can turn up turn three to help do nine damage. At that point it hurt too much to play toxic deluge.

Another (important) advantage of Dismember, over Innocent Blood, is that as an instant it can be cast in response to the Thought-Knot Seer trigger.

It is not as good as it might seem at first look. Problems for Pox in general is chalice with one counter on the first turn. Then the eldrazi player can get a Thought-knot Seer into play already on turn two, pinching your answer to it. Then Reality Smasher can turn up turn three to help do nine damage. At that point it hurt too much to play toxic deluge.

Another (important) advantage of Dismember, over Innocent Blood, is that as an instant it can be cast in response to the Thought-Knot Seer trigger.
    If you cast it in response to thought-knot they get to look at an extra card to exile. I don't think that is something to consider an upside, but maybe it is?

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

yes, i kill the 4/4 and may draw another card.

yes, i kill the 4/4 and may draw another card.
    So you have a hand of Dismember, Land, 1 CMC spell. You cast dismember to kill in response, draw Liliana, they exile liliana. Seems bad... That is just one approach I am considering given your scenario. Maybe losing the extra card is worth them not having a 4/4? I would have to test the match up personally to really get a feel for it. I can report back thoughts once I do.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Quitrex View Post
    13 D&T 0-2 I misplayed horribly game 1 and lost that game to it, g2 he had a wonderful curve and I kept a speculative hand where both black sources were off the one urborg that he had a wasteland for.
    I think you may have been my Round 14 opponent, I was the one on Death and Taxes. It was only after the match I clarified my assumption on The Abyss vs Mother of Runes. Regardless, and if it was you (my notes had me playing Finkel in 13 and Jason w/BG Pox in 14, so it may not have been), those matches were excellent and grindy. Thank you for the good two games.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    So you have a hand of Dismember, Land, 1 CMC spell. You cast dismember to kill in response, draw Liliana, they exile liliana. Seems bad... That is just one approach I am considering given your scenario. Maybe losing the extra card is worth them not having a 4/4? I would have to test the match up personally to really get a feel for it. I can report back thoughts once I do.
    You are not losing cards, it is still 1-for-1 (would be insanely good otherwise). Something valuable (or not) will be exiled but there is no way round that.

You are not losing cards, it is still 1-for-1 (would be insanely good otherwise). Something valuable (or not) will be exiled but there is no way round that.
    Fair point. I need to get off my ass and test this match up soon.

@ zebhillard it's entirely probable, as I forgot to write down the last three rounds, so very likely botched which was which. You are correct, either mother or displaced blanks the abyss, which is why it was a misplay to get it, as all you needed was any creature and I couldn't deploy it that turn. If instead I grabbed abrupt decay and killed displaced on the spot, there was a decent chance that scroll plus the top of my deck kept your board under control long enough to win that game. I agree, thanks for the games :)
    —Ratadrabik of Urborg

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

This is a fairly typical Eldrazi deck i figure.

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Endbringer
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Wasteland
    3 Eye of Ugin