Page 200 of 263 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

It works with Scourge of Nel toth, too. A bit slow, but if uncounterable is desirable then he is the zombie dragon for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Yargle, Glutton of Urborg Wizards are almost making fun of us players.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest getting 1-2 copies of the new Karn. It's going to be very good in this deck. All we need is something like Cursed Scroll, Ensnaring Bridge or Crucible of Worlds and we have a 1/1 token generator, potentially a 2/2 or better depending on how many Factory's we can activate. Pithing Needle, Ratchet Bomb, and other potentially fringe cards can also be very good with him. I like the first 2 abilities enough to play 1 copy, then it becomes a question of whether to build around the 3rd ability or not. He may be a reason to go back to Cursed Scroll, especially where some of the card 'draw' is actually in exile with the silver counters, so having only 1 card in hand for Scroll won't be harder to achieve. Extra lands from the first ability can catch-up post Smallpox/Pox or feed Raven's Crime.

Overall, he's got some serious potential at working with Pox's strategy, filling in holes that Pox has traditionally had.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Not a bad idea. Able to draw cards, get pressure on the board, not graveyard dependent. I don't think you really need to build around his ability, because the tokens start buffing each other. Aside from that, the usual Pox cards of Needle and Factory combine well.

He doesn't play into the deck's overall strategy of resource and permanent control, but looks good to refuel the deck and end the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Not a bad idea. Able to draw cards, get pressure on the board, not graveyard dependent. I don't think you really need to build around his ability, because the tokens start buffing each other. Aside from that, the usual Pox cards of Needle and Factory combine well.

He doesn't play into the deck's overall strategy of resource and permanent control, but looks good to refuel the deck and end the game.
    Pox is a pseudo-prison deck, but one that can be drawn out of. The more I think about it, the more I think this might give Pox just the boost it needs to jump a tier (like tier 3 to tier 2, lol.)
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I agree with the Karn hype. I'm definitely gonna try out a pair of them. Dumb comparison since Jace is so broken, but he's kind of our Jace. Draws cards and can finish people.

Not sure what to cut but I'm pretty excited for him.
    Don't recall, Don't imagine, Don't think, Don't examine, Don't control, Rest

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

So, full Dominaria spoiler is out. Long wait and no fun cards. Some quite crappy even. I figure it all makes sense and is balanced for limited.

Just a note, Karn's tokens count themselves so they'll be 1/1 minimum no matter what.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Karn and Bottled cloister seems much the same, except the insane price hike of karn.
    €25+. BC by comparison cost €0,02...

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I think Karn is definitely more useful, and I also think speculation is driving his cost up (not to mention he will be standard legal, and probably played in that format.)
    Brainstorm Realist

hi to all pox players ;

I am developping a pox-depth that you might be interested in, it has a very fast kill and it crushed all the tempo decks.
    I still have issue against death and taxes and miracle (sideboard options for miracle improve it but still unfavored) but the deck is very good and I think it is better than B/G turbo depth which doesn't beat consistently tempo decks if they are well played ie they have to keep waste open.

Maybe I have to test liliana of the veil, but cursed scroll has been good at ending matchups such as grixis when you have an empty board it is game over.

Here is the list :

// 60 Maindeck
    // 11 Artifact
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Cursed Scroll

// 4 Creature
    4 Vampire Hexmage

// 7 Instant
    3 Fatal Push
    4 Dark Ritual

// 26 Land
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Mishra's Factory
    10 Swamp
    2 Maze of Ith

// 12 Sorcery
    4 Smallpox
    4 Innocent Blood
    4 Hymn to Tourach

// 15 Sideboard
    // 8 Artifact
    SB: 4 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Relic of Progenitus

// 1 Land
    SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All

// 6 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Rite of Consumption
    SB: 4 Lost Legacy

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    hi to all pox players ;

I am developping a pox-depth that you might be interested in, it has a very fast kill and it crushed all the tempo decks.
    I still have issue against death and taxes and miracle (sideboard options for miracle improve it but still unfavored) but the deck is very good and I think it is better than B/G turbo depth which doesn't beat consistently tempo decks if they are well played ie they have to keep waste open.

Maybe I have to test liliana of the veil, but cursed scroll has been good at ending matchups such as grixis when you have an empty board it is game over.

Here is the list :

// 60 Maindeck
    // 11 Artifact
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Cursed Scroll

// 4 Creature
    4 Vampire Hexmage

// 7 Instant
    3 Fatal Push
    4 Dark Ritual

// 26 Land
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Mishra's Factory
    10 Swamp
    2 Maze of Ith

// 12 Sorcery
    4 Smallpox
    4 Innocent Blood
    4 Hymn to Tourach

// 15 Sideboard
    // 8 Artifact
    SB: 4 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Relic of Progenitus

// 1 Land
    SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All

// 6 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Rite of Consumption
    SB: 4 Lost Legacy

I would ditch the rituals. Your spells are cheap and don't require a ramp.

On the subject of mana i think ten Swamp and four urborg is less than you need. One untimely wasteland could leave you in deep problems.
    The Urborgs and combo lands are fine. This leaves you with the slots for Mishra's, rituals and mazes to use to improve your mana base.

As for the dnt and miracle match ups the biggest problems would be swords to Plowshares and terminus, right?
    While discard cards in the sideboard is one idea to counter that, I think it may be better with a card like Crucible of the worlds, or grim discovery. The idea being to outlast the opponents answers.

BG Turbodepths is hugely favored vs Tempo decks because Wasteland is the only way they can interact with you and you can just Pithing Needle it.
    I think this Turbodepths/Pox hybrid is trying to do too many things that don't make sense together

Thoughts on adding 1 or 2 Coercive Portal as a means of card draw?

Remnant of the worst Case Scenario, an Immortal

Mar 2010
    Metropolis Prime

Quote Originally Posted by sonorous View Post
    Thoughts on adding 1 or 2 Coercive Portal as a means of card draw?
    Both Karn and Bottled Cloister are better, especially if Liliana of the Veil is your go to PW. BC I realize does throw your cursed scrolls out the window. Also makes Ensnaring Bridge awesomesauce. Why do you want to draw more when you're running CS?
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrata View Post
    Both Karn and Bottled Cloister are better, especially if Liliana of the Veil is your go to PW. BC I realize does throw your cursed scrolls out the window. Also makes Ensnaring Bridge awesomesauce. Why do you want to draw more when you're running CS?
    I want to draw more cards when it gets to mid and/or late game.
    Anyway, Karn over Portal, noted.

Jul 2014
    Poxadelphia

The Pox thread wasn’t on the 1st page, so I took notes at the weekly.

1x The Abyss
    3x Innocent Blood
    1x Inquisition of Kozilek
    2x Thoughtseize
    3x Collective Brutality
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Smallpox
    1x Bontu's Last Reckoning
    2x Cursed Scroll
    2x Phyrexian Totem
    3x Dark Ritual
    2x Fatal Push
    4x Liliana of the Veil
    2x Liliana, the Last Hope
    1x Nether Spirit
    1x Maze of Ith
    4x Mishra's Factory
    4x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4x Wasteland
    12x Swamp

Sideboard
    3x Pithing Needle
    2x Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Extirpate
    1x Surgical Extraction
    2x Bontu's Last Reckoning
    2x Lost Legacy
    1x Nether Void
    1x Night of Souls' Betrayal
    1x Necropolis Fiend

Rd 1. Dredge.

Game 1. No interaction.

Game 2. Turn 1 on the play Thoughtseized into 3 dredgers, Dread Return, a rainbow land, Breakthrough, LED. Took Breakthrough and then lost that game too. Should have mulliganed more aggressively for better hate.

0-1

Prayed to Urborg to dodge the bye. He came through like he always does.

Rd 2. Bant Blade.

Game 1. Horizon Canopy into DRS. Innocent Blood. Island, Noble Hierarch. Innocent Blood. Another DRS. Fatal Push and some hand hate. That happened for a while until his topdecks dried up. Somewhere in there he Swords’d his own Knight of the Reliquary to gain 11. Factory Beats with Phyrexian Totem sneaking in when the coast was clear ended the game.

Game 2. Killed creatures for a while. Dropped an Abyss, Night of Souls Betrayal and Cursed Scroll. Geist of Saint evaded The Abyss, but Maze of Ith took care of Angel tokens for a while. Bontu’s Last Reckoning took care of the Geist. The 2nd Liliana of the Veil uptick forced the scoop.

1-1

Rd 3. Sneak & Show.

Game 1. Hand hate and an early Liliana forced the scoop, albeit possibly premature.

Game 2. Opponent mulled to 5 and kept a nolander and then shuffled off a Ponder off a Petal. He missed the land drop. My turn 1 Dark Ritualed into Liliana into Force of Will. Pass. Landdrop Preordain. Lost Legacy naming Emrakul. Felt sketchy not knowing the opponent’s hand but this is why I jammed Lily first. Lost Legacy resolved and stripped Emrakul. Fast forward a few turns Show and Tell dropped his Omniscience and my The Abyss. He played a Griselbrand, drew 7, played cantrips for about 10 minutes and passed the turn. I drew an Ensnaring Bridge and jammed it. It got countered. The next turn he lost one Grizzy and played another. He dug and dug and dug only to pass the turn. I draw and pass. After The Abyss killed Griselbrand I Extirpated it. With no way to win, he scooped.

2-1

Rd 4. Dragon Stompy.

Game 1. Ancient Tomb, Chalice on 1 pass. Misura’s Factory pass. Mountain, Blood Moon pass. Urborg, Tomb of Mountains, pass. Mountain, Blood Moon on a stick pass. Mountain of Ith pass. Mountain, Blood Moon on a stick, swing, pass. WasteMountainland pass. Swing pass. Draw pass. Swing pass. Draw pass. Lather rinse repeat.

Game 2. He starts with the same 2 turns as last game. I get an opener with two Swamps. I jammed an early Lily and discarded a Nether Spirit, pass. Hazoret, wrecks Lily. Chump block for a while. The Abyss in my hand merely kills my blocker. So does the Bontu. Beats and beats later I get to go home.

2-2
    No game 3s.

Very much looking forward to Karn. I know I’m gonna take out 1 Collective Brutality for the 1st, but I don’t know where to add the 2nd.
    [I'll photograph your wedding for Reserved List cards]
    BEST PEASANT CUBE EVER.
    http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/35136
    900 Card Monstrosity. IG: naynayscube

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Funny game vs the sneak and show! Just what he deserved for playing such a deck.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18983&d=319416&f=LE

very interesting Pox style list

again in Japan it looks like. no factories. more swamps. seems aimed at doing crazy stuff with Lake of the Dead. plays 4 bitterblossom, apparently to abuse Braids, Cabal Minion. new Liliana also seems good with Braids. surprised at so few Lakes, and no dark rituals or therapies, since i imagine without lake the deck feels very slow, and with all the tokens therapy feels great.

I love this deck and want to play it so much.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19028&d=319755&f=LE

also Clayton Levi (if that's one of you guys, much respect) puts up another top8 in two months. similar list as before. he's got the 4 bloodghast package, but the rest seems more or less standard stuff.
    Don't recall, Don't imagine, Don't think, Don't examine, Don't control, Rest

It's extremely risky to play more than 2 Lake of the Dead (especially in a deck with no library manipulation) because they are totally dead in multiples

Planeswalkers + Braids is a pretty cool combo
    Pretty sure that's the first time anybody has ever top 8 a legacy event that big with maindeck Sorin Markov lol

I'm also surprised at no Rituals in that deck, there are so many cards that cost 4+ mana.
    For this reason Smallpox has always seemed very awkward to me in these big Lake of the Dead decks (because sacrificing a land is a big drawback), so maybe something like Collective Brutality is correct instead
    I'm a huge fan of the Lake/Grave Titan 'shell' so it's interesting to see something very different that can be done with it (compared to the Reanimator version which is slightly more common I think, even if that's still very fringe)

Thread Information