Page 99 of 263 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 5245

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrata View Post

As far as Sinkhole is concerned, it does heavy work vs. non combo and with Smallpox, Pox, and Wasteland backup, I'm very grateful for it when my Wastelands are dead in my hand to a mono color.
    If you are on the play, perhaps. Otherwise it does not much when opponent goes: turn one land, Delver, go!

Also, seems contamination didn't win any game for you. Misplays may be cause for that, but i wonder...
    Last edited by Hardcore; 07-22-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Thanks for the report! I am sorry that i sounded like a jerk, but it was fatigue. (i have not slept well the past months, which is also a reason i haven't played in a local tourney. )

Ps. since you are so geared toward land destruction i wonder have you tested Psychogenic Probe and Ankh of Mishra?

Remnant of the worst Case Scenario, an Immortal

Mar 2010
    Metropolis Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Thanks for the report! I am sorry that i sounded like a jerk, but it was fatigue. (i have not slept well the past months, which is also a reason i haven't played in a local tourney. )

Ps. since you are so geared toward land destruction i wonder have you tested Psychogenic Probe and Ankh of Mishra?
    Conditional damage is bad. When the conditions are not met, you can't get your damage in. Cursed Scroll is my borderline for conditional damage threat. I did test Ankh before and Psychogenic sounds like a great idea for tutors as well as fetch lands.

If I'm on the draw, I simply Innocent Blood the Delver. Discard has the same application as Land Destruction, early game only. However, late game, I find my Sinkholes more useful in that I can get the full effect. Hymn is only half as good if your enemy decided to keep 1 card in the face of Lilianas. Sinkhole, will always have a manland or even a basic land target later on.

You shouldn't play using Contamination as a win con, though as I said, play error was what screwed me up. How many blue decks will have to spend counter spells on your hymns and Smallpoxes? You think they'll hold on to those 'just in case' I play Contamination? It's truly the ultimate in mana denial, especially now that I know Black is relgated to a minor color in the meta. I'm somewhat surprised since BUG is contending as Deck to Beat but I only ran into 1 deck with Deathrite Shaman.

I'm actually not geared toward LD in the sense that I've got more Discard cards than LD cards. If we don't count Smallpox and Pox since they do both, I only have 8 LD in Wasteland and Sinkhole, but 12 Discard in Inquisition, Hymn, and Liliana.

As far as Delvers are concerned, Engineered Plague preflip is Extirpate and with Night of Souls' Betrayal, only biggies like Tarmogoyf can stick to the field. I didn't get a chance to fight tribal at the IQ but I'm certain if I did, my record would have been stronger.
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Probe and Ankh are more lock pieces in my thinking. There comes a point where the opponents can't play anymore lands because it kills them.
    Still, there is a reason i don't play these cards myself. You need to have them i hand at the right moment. That is not exactly what pox is good at.
    I did have a proxy list, three years ago, that upset a local Zoo player. Regrettably it is lost in time and space now :'( It was controlish and included Ankh, but not the probe.

Mar 2010
    Metropolis Prime

Probe and Ankh are more lock pieces in my thinking. There comes a point where the opponents can't play anymore lands because it kills them.
    Still, there is a reason i don't play these cards myself. You need to have them i hand at the right moment. That is not exactly what pox is good at.
    I did have a proxy list, three years ago, that upset a local Zoo player. Regrettably it is lost in time and space now :'( It was controlish and included Ankh, but not the probe.
    The problem is black doesn't really have any direct damage and there's no point in 'locking' your enemy at 2 hp when you can just kill them. Now in my Burn fight, I was down to around 5-6 hp when Contamination showed up and my enemy got 'stuck' with those Goblin Guides in his hand. I had Mishra's on the field and should have just kept drawing cards and feeding them to Contamination. Sometimes I feel I need to lessen my threat count as an opening with many threats and no disruption is bad for my flavor of Pox.

I should just Mulligan too. Derp.
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

On the subject of mulligan...
    Warm-up games before the tourney is a good thing. People tend to say no when i ask though: p
    Getting enough quality sleep is vital too.

Hi guys, I' ve been playing the follwing build based on my local meta, full of omni tell, storm, and miracles. I would like to take it to the nationals down here in Brazil, and would like some input.
    The deck has been running well although I do have some trouble with shardless.

LANDS: 25

11 Swamp
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Wasteland
    4 Misrha's Factory

CREATURES: 1

1 Nether Spirit

ARTIFACTS: 4

2 Cursed Scroll
    2 Crucible of Worlds

ENCHANTMENTS: 4

2 Nether Void
    2 Chains of Mephistopheles

PLANESWALKERS: 4

4 @Lillana of the Veil

INSTANS AND SORCCERIES: 22

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Smallpox
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    3 Pox
    3 Sinkhole
    3 Innocent Blood
    1 Extirpate

SIDEBOARD:

3 Pithing Needle
    1 Extirpate
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Night of Soul's Betrayal
    2 The Abyss
    2 Toxic Deluge
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    Last edited by BigPhil86; 07-30-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    These days, wizards are finding that they have a little to much spell left at the end of their mana.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil86 View Post
    LANDS: 25

11 @Swamp
    1 @Maze of Ith
    1 @The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 @Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 @ Wasteland
    You seem to be missing a few lands.

Mar 2010
    Metropolis Prime

I'm guessing he's running 4 Mishra's Factories otherwise he has too few win conditions.

No Hymn to Tourach? In a combo meta, I'd say that's a mistake. I'd recommend going 4 Sinkhole, 2 Pox just so your disruption can happen faster. With miracles, your land destruction will suffice. Love the 4 enchantments.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

He runs three Hymn in sideboard.
    Should they be in main deck? Hard to say. Suppose they could replace pox.

Quote Originally Posted by zebhillard View Post
    You seem to be missing a few lands.
    Hi, i forgot to type 4 Misrha = )
    These days, wizards are finding that they have a little to much spell left at the end of their mana.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrata View Post
    I'm guessing he's running 4 Mishra's Factories otherwise he has too few win conditions.

No Hymn to Tourach? In a combo meta, I'd say that's a mistake. I'd recommend going 4 Sinkhole, 2 Pox just so your disruption can happen faster. With miracles, your land destruction will suffice. Love the 4 enchantments.
    Hi Omni, thanks for the input.

I agree with the fact that Hymn is overall a better card than pox.
    The thing is, I was so frustrated with having to deal with counterbalance, less three mana options in miracles for it to get countered, and Omni Tell with White Leyline coming up in all games, that hymn became a dead card in those matches.

Thanks for the enchants hehe!

He runs three Hymn in sideboard.
    Should they be in main deck? Hard to say. Suppose they could replace pox.
    Hi Hardcore,
    btw, i dig ur aggro builds!

I do get in doubt about that, always going back and forth.
    In my testing, Pox did better against combos and miracles. Hymn against burn, aggros.

Trying to figure out what's best.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

I can relate to that "Back and forth" thing. Pox is the best card in the deck, but not against everyone.

I tried last times having Wrench Minds in the sideboard, in addition to hymn in main, for match-ups that doesn't have blue cantrips.
    To few games played to say if that works:/

Jun 2012
    saguenay QC

hello everyone I am an old fan pox and I would reconstruct the first version which was built using I ask the players if you would know what was the deck list i know is Mr martin huemmerich

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

hard to find.
    Here is an article on early pox
    http://www.casualplayers.org/article...&articleid=351

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

hard to find.
    Here is an article on early pox
    http://www.casualplayers.org/article...&articleid=351
    Nice find! I like how elegant and to-the-point those early builds were.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

An interesting creature for my more aggro pox is Dusk Urchins.
    Nice card advantage. Blocking or attacking turn him into a cantrip, and an Ancestral if he lives un-interrupted. Cost three which is a bit much, so i must cut small pox i think.

Jun 2012
    saguenay QC

I found a version of pox type 2 1997 😀
    Lands (22)
    4 Wasteland
    4 Quicksand
    12 Swamp
    2 Volrath’s Stronghold
    Creatures (7)
    4 Abyssal Gatekeeper
    3 Bottle Gnomes
    Spells (32)
    4 Funeral Charm
    4 Diabolic Edict
    4 Bottomless Pit
    4 Pox
    4 Cursed Scroll
    4 Paupers’ Cage
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Phyrexian Furnace
    3 Charcoal Diamond

http://www.spekkionu.com/2005/06/his...black-control/

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

I saw that one too. wonder if it is playable today.

Thread Information