Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Stax

Re: [Primer/Deck] Stax

Quote Originally Posted by Fred_Bear View Post
    If you're not playing Chalice, Idyllic Tutor should almost certainly be Enlightened Tutor, and I'd up the count to give you a better curve. I might look at more of the Armageddon Stax shell, though, and, like you said, side the Leyline, add Trinisphere (and potentially Chalice).

Like you said, this is probably a rules nightmare, but as long as you are playing Humility first, most of the crying will be on the other side of the table!
    There's 4 chalice and 3 Trinisphere main.

What would you suggest main instead of Leyline? I have it there because it's nice against all the discard and a 4/4 when you opalescence so it had the potential for some explosive kills.
    Last edited by Dr_D; 05-06-2017 at 10:47 AM.

I finally managed to get around to some testing with the Stompy Stax deck against D&T and BUG. 10-3 vs. D&T and 12-3 vs. BUG. It felt really good and the low curve definetly gave me some payoffs from Smokestack. The card really shines in ye deck the point when I dropped it my opponents just rolled their eyes. Especially in games 2/3 with a bridge out. Smokestack is usually plan B if I can't land some early bombs like rabblemaster. I'm going to test against Sneak and Show hopefully soon and I'll report back. I don't think it's a good match up and I may go back to some number of Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast.

I think the only change I would make so far is to pull an Avaricious Dragon out of the main for one Fiery Confluence. Fiery Confluence against D&T is just a huge blow out. It's a really incredible card and can handle DRS as well. This was also my first time getting out a T2 Smokestack and it was sweeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_D View Post
    There's 4 chalice and 3 Trinisphere main.

What would you suggest main instead of Leyline? I have it there because it's nice against all the discard and a 4/4 when you opalescence so it had the potential for some explosive kills.
    Sorry, I somehow missed your artifacts in reading too quickly...

I'd change Chrome Mox to Mox Diamond and use the Leyline of Sanctity slots for a combination of lands (Armageddon plus 22 lands is tough numbers even with the Chrome Mox), Crucible, Smokestack, and/or Moat. Moat actually works very well to buy you time until you play Opalescence.

Chrome Mox is tough in Stax. You really want permanents in play and Chrome Mox makes you lose them to nothing. The list is very close to what I usually play. I may give this a try and swap my Elspeth for the Opalescence.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

So I um... fucked up in the most amusing way. I decided yesterday to play Stax in place of Lands, but didn't have it built. I finished work stupid o'clock in the morning, got home and put the deck together, then went to bed. Pulled it out for round one, shuffled up, play Hangarback Walker? I could swear I put Walking Ballista in the box... Opps.

Anyway, here is the list:
    Creatures:
    2 Lodestone Golem
    4 Metalworker
    3 Walking Ballista

Artifacts:
    2 Bottled Cloister
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Crucible of Worlds
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Smokestack
    1 Staff of Domination
    4 Trinisphere

Lands:
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Buried Ruin
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Ghost Quarter
    1 Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
    4 Inventors' Fair
    2 Mishra's Factory
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Lodestone Golem
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Walking Ballista
    2 Welding Jar

Changes from my old list.
    Cut:
    4 Tangle wire
    1 Ghirapur Orrery
    2 Grim Monolith

Add:
    1 Bottled Cloister
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Walking Ballista
    2 Lodestone Golem

What I didn't miss was the Monolith. I feel like it was often just a card that let you sometimes get 3ball online turn one. I really don't value it much more than that. I was thinking about adding in more mana, but in cutting Tangle Wire I feel like I don't need it as much. I am not trying to get extra mana on the table quickly so that I can have the advantage when the Wire drops.

What I did miss was Wire itself. The card is really strong at pushing to the mid game, but it's dead later on. In the end it likely has to go, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Lodestone main was a failed experiment. I found that without Monolith, by the time he lands my opponent was already established. I feel like the extra Ballista and a Tabernacle main would likely be more useful. This is compounded when you look at the amount of decks running both Bolt and Young Pryo.

I think I will be switching Cage for more Crypt. I have Tabernacle to deal with creature decks like Elves, I need something that can wipe the graveyard. Twice I had an Angler cast off a single land under 3ball. I didn't lose either game but it was an eye opener.

Also, just as the extra smile. Game two was against Infect and I went turn one Hangarback... Dam that felt both amusing and dumb at the same time. Don't built your decks at the last minute folks.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jan 2017
    TN

So, after some coaxing from Mr. Dice_Box, I've come to visit from Reddit.

Here is the list I've been piddling around with in paper recently.
    The sideboard doesn't feel quite right, but I am enjoying the more traditional MUD STAX maindeck.

Artifact (30)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Crucible of Worlds
    3x Ensnaring Bridge
    3x Mox Diamond
    1x Powder Keg
    3x Ratchet Bomb
    4x Smokestack
    4x Sphere of Resistance
    4x Tangle Wire

Land (26)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Buried Ruin
    4x City of Traitors
    3x Ghost Quarter
    2x Inventors' Fair
    4x Mishra's Factory
    4x Mutavault
    4x Wasteland

Creature (4)
    4x Lodestone Golem

Sideboard
    2x Bottled Cloister
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    3x Metalworker
    3x Phyrexian Revoker
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Walking Ballista

I've got 3-Balls, but whenever I run them I feel like I'd rather just have Sphere of Resistances.
    I haven't been messing with the deck very long, but I don't seem to have terrible difficulty with most matchups. Maybe I'm missing something that a more experienced pilot might be able to see.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit9mm View Post
    So, after some coaxing from Mr. Dice_Box, I've come to visit from Reddit.

Here is the list I've been piddling around with in paper recently.
    The sideboard doesn't feel quite right, but I am enjoying the more traditional MUD STAX maindeck.

Artifact (30)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Crucible of Worlds
    3x Ensnaring Bridge
    3x Mox Diamond
    1x Powder Keg
    3x Ratchet Bomb
    4x Smokestack
    4x Sphere of Resistance
    4x Tangle Wire

Land (26)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Buried Ruin
    4x City of Traitors
    3x Ghost Quarter
    2x Inventors' Fair
    4x Mishra's Factory
    4x Mutavault
    4x Wasteland

Creature (4)
    4x Lodestone Golem

Sideboard
    2x Bottled Cloister
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    3x Metalworker
    3x Phyrexian Revoker
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Walking Ballista

I've got 3-Balls, but whenever I run them I feel like I'd rather just have Sphere of Resistances.
    I haven't been messing with the deck very long, but I don't seem to have terrible difficulty with most matchups. Maybe I'm missing something that a more experienced pilot might be able to see.
    I've got a couple of questions...

#1) How do you do on time? I like a list without Metalworker main, but with Ensnaring Bridge and a 5 power creature, it seems like you might need the perfect storm in place before you get in a hit or 4.

#2) What match-up(s) do you find Tangle Wire helpful? I've played white stax for years (tinkering with brown on and off) and don't really care for it in Legacy. I always feel like it slows me down as much as (if not more than) my opponent.

I've long been a fan of Sphere of Resistance as well. After tinkering for a while, I just feel like it and Tangle Wire play much nicer with Workshop than they do Tomb/CoT. Always interested to hear how they work for others, though.

Jan 2017
    TN

I've got a couple of questions...

#1) How do you do on time? I like a list without Metalworker main, but with Ensnaring Bridge and a 5 power creature, it seems like you might need the perfect storm in place before you get in a hit or 4.

#2) What match-up(s) do you find Tangle Wire helpful? I've played white stax for years (tinkering with brown on and off) and don't really care for it in Legacy. I always feel like it slows me down as much as (if not more than) my opponent.

I've long been a fan of Sphere of Resistance as well. After tinkering for a while, I just feel like it and Tangle Wire play much nicer with Workshop than they do Tomb/CoT. Always interested to hear how they work for others, though.
    Thanks for the reply!

1) Time sometimes can be an issue, but I lot of times the Lodestone just hangs back as another taxing effect while I bash in with Factories and Mutavaults. I also sometimes just wait until it is safe to sac Bridge to Smokestack or blow it up with Ratchet Bomb.

2) Tangle Wire is a huge help against Delver or any other low-to-the-ground decks, especially on the draw. I feel like a lot of the time, it gives me just enough time to drop something more meaningful on the board. It's a mid-game card for sure, but I feel like it's needed because that is the only spot where I feel the deck is obviously lacking. Mid-game seems to be where people have the best chance to slip out of our locks.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit9mm View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

1) Time sometimes can be an issue, but I lot of times the Lodestone just hangs back as another taxing effect while I bash in with Factories and Mutavaults. I also sometimes just wait until it is safe to sac Bridge to Smokestack or blow it up with Ratchet Bomb.

2) Tangle Wire is a huge help against Delver or any other low-to-the-ground decks, especially on the draw. I feel like a lot of the time, it gives me just enough time to drop something more meaningful on the board. It's a mid-game card for sure, but I feel like it's needed because that is the only spot where I feel the deck is obviously lacking. Mid-game seems to be where people have the best chance to slip out of our locks.
    1) That would be my fear as well. Having to wait until the 'perfect storm' of cards is assembled could really delay things (I play exclusively on MTGO). Have you tried something like Walking Ballista (even as a 1- or 2-of) in the maindeck?

2) That's an interesting way to use Wire. I think in White Stax, the benefit in the mid game is having multiple taxing effects (or a tax plus Armageddon) to slow the opponent's development or attack. Have you tried anything more 'permanent', maybe Winter Orb, to slow them?

3) Another question would be why Cloister in the side? I've always found that to be an outstanding maindeck card, but I side it out almost automatically against everything (maindeck artifact hate is rare, but everyone plays something in the side). Who do you side it in against?

Overall, I like the approach and hope to test it soon on MTGO.

I'm back from the dead. I used to play Geddon / Dutch Stax extensively online on Magic-League via MWS and had some success with it there. Been playing the deck for about 9 years on and off, decided to come out of hiding after Top got banned.

Here's the list I've been running for the past couple years (really had no reason to change it)

25 LAND
    6 Plains
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Wasteland
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Mishra’s Factory
    3 Flagstones of Trokair
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Karakas

35 SPELLS
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Smokestack
    4 Tangle Wire
    4 Crucible of World
    4 Banishing Light
    4 Ghostly Prison
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Oblivion Ring

SIDEBOARD
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Humility
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Null Rod

It's a traditional Geddon(less) Stax build that ditches the namesake Armageddon since I always felt it was a win-more card.

My philosophy on Stax always has been a card must be one of three things in order to make the cut:

- mana source
    - lock piece / removal spell
    - win condition

I've been running the gauntlet on XMage and my initial findings are this (still needs more testing)

POSITIVE MATCHUPS
    - Non-DRS Delver
    - Sneak and Show
    - Storm Combo
    - Reanimator
    - Painter

BAD MATCHUPS
    - DRS Decks
    - Jace decks

NEEDS MORE DATA
    - Dragon Stompy (used to be a very positive matchup, but new Chandra and Fiery Confluence changes things)
    - Eldrazi
    - MUD
    - Death and Taxes
    - Elves

AMA about the deck / card choices. Would write more but it's already past midnight : /

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    I'm back from the dead. I used to play Geddon / Dutch Stax extensively online on Magic-League via MWS and had some success with it there. Been playing the deck for about 9 years on and off, decided to come out of hiding after Top got banned.

Here's the list I've been running for the past couple years (really had no reason to change it)

25 LAND
    6 Plains
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Wasteland
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Mishra’s Factory
    3 Flagstones of Trokair
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Karakas

35 SPELLS
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Smokestack
    4 Tangle Wire
    4 Crucible of World
    4 Banishing Light
    4 Ghostly Prison
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Oblivion Ring

SIDEBOARD
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Humility
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Null Rod

It's a traditional Geddon(less) Stax build that ditches the namesake Armageddon since I always felt it was a win-more card.

My philosophy on Stax always has been a card must be one of three things in order to make the cut:

- mana source
    - lock piece / removal spell
    - win condition

I've been running the gauntlet on XMage and my initial findings are this (still needs more testing)

POSITIVE MATCHUPS
    - Non-DRS Delver
    - Sneak and Show
    - Storm Combo
    - Reanimator
    - Painter

BAD MATCHUPS
    - DRS Decks
    - Jace decks

NEEDS MORE DATA
    - Dragon Stompy (used to be a very positive matchup, but new Chandra and Fiery Confluence changes things)
    - Eldrazi
    - MUD
    - Death and Taxes
    - Elves

AMA about the deck / card choices. Would write more but it's already past midnight : /
    Welcome Back and thanks for posting!

I've found that possibly the strongest card that White Stax has access to in the current meta is maindeck Humility. It neuters reanimator, sneak and show, and eldrazi. Playing on MTGO, it's an auto-scoop against a lot of decks. Adding in cards like Suppression Field and Armageddon turn up the heat even further against several others.

Suppression Field goes a long way to the helping against DRS and Jace. DRS can still generate a mana, but costing 2 to activate a fetch cuts way down on what he's got to use. Jace is tough too, but charging 2 for any activation is usually overwhelming when combined with other taxes. Those decks are just not set up to handle it.

Do you feel like Tangle Wire or Ensnaring Bridge are mandatory?

why play Flagstones when you have no Armageddon? those could just as easily be plains or more Factory/mutavault. I like the concept here, but it seems excruciatingly difficult to finish three rounds in 50 minutes with a build like this.

Welcome Back and thanks for posting!

I've found that possibly the strongest card that White Stax has access to in the current meta is maindeck Humility. It neuters reanimator, sneak and show, and eldrazi. Playing on MTGO, it's an auto-scoop against a lot of decks. Adding in cards like Suppression Field and Armageddon turn up the heat even further against several others.

Suppression Field goes a long way to the helping against DRS and Jace. DRS can still generate a mana, but costing 2 to activate a fetch cuts way down on what he's got to use. Jace is tough too, but charging 2 for any activation is usually overwhelming when combined with other taxes. Those decks are just not set up to handle it.

Do you feel like Tangle Wire or Ensnaring Bridge are mandatory?
    - I agree that Humility is one of the stronger cards, but the decks that are hit hardest by it are generally more positive matchups. Ensnaring Bridge is more useful maindeck, IMO, since it's cheaper and makes better Tangle Wire / Smokestack fodder. I want my deck to be as lean as possible, the 3 vs 4 mana is a huge deal.

- I've been asking myself the same question if Ensnaring Bridge / Tangle Wire is essential. I think Tangle Wire is mandatory since it works so well with the rest of the deck. It's essentially a more versatile Armageddon. I don't think Ensnaring Bridge is essential but it's one of the more versatile cards you can maindeck. I can always run more Oblivion Rings, haha. I've actually been thinking about testing Bomb / Keg since it seems more appealing with the SOI rules changes.

- I don't think Suppression Field does enough. It's a bit too narrow for my liking and doesn't do enough for my bad matchups. Also, there's splash damage to my Wastelands / Factories which is definitely noticeable. Honestly I'd rather play more O-Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROorDIE View Post
    why play Flagstones when you have no Armageddon? those could just as easily be plains or more Factory/mutavault. I like the concept here, but it seems excruciatingly difficult to finish three rounds in 50 minutes with a build like this.
    Smokestack. Time isn't an issue most of the time since the deck rarely shuffles. Your turns go pretty fast.

- I agree that Humility is one of the stronger cards, but the decks that are hit hardest by it are generally more positive matchups. Ensnaring Bridge is more useful maindeck, IMO, since it's cheaper and makes better Tangle Wire / Smokestack fodder. I want my deck to be as lean as possible, the 3 vs 4 mana is a huge deal.

- I've been asking myself the same question if Ensnaring Bridge / Tangle Wire is essential. I think Tangle Wire is mandatory since it works so well with the rest of the deck. It's essentially a more versatile Armageddon. I don't think Ensnaring Bridge is essential but it's one of the more versatile cards you can maindeck. I can always run more Oblivion Rings, haha. I've actually been thinking about testing Bomb / Keg since it seems more appealing with the SOI rules changes.

- I don't think Suppression Field does enough. It's a bit too narrow for my liking and doesn't do enough for my bad matchups. Also, there's splash damage to my Wastelands / Factories which is definitely noticeable. Honestly I'd rather play more O-Rings.
    I think a lot of your premise depends on how favorable you are willing to say a favorable match is. In my experience, none of the favorable match-ups are in the 60-65% range and all of them depend heavily on the draw you get. I've had great hands against aggro, except my opponent is combo... That's one of the reasons why I prefer to 'go wide' on 'threats' and instead of Ghostly Prison plus Ensnaring Bridge, it's really one or the other plus something that attacks/taxes from a different angle.

Suppression Field does something against every deck which is, I think, it's greatest strength. It meets with a lot of FoWs when I play online because it hinders all decks worse than it does us. I understand the non-bo with Wasteland and Factory, but, honestly, by the time you are activating Factory - it doesn't matter - and the ability to Waste a Fetchland is always special...

Just some thoughts for test and discussion.

I think a lot of your premise depends on how favorable you are willing to say a favorable match is. In my experience, none of the favorable match-ups are in the 60-65% range and all of them depend heavily on the draw you get. I've had great hands against aggro, except my opponent is combo... That's one of the reasons why I prefer to 'go wide' on 'threats' and instead of Ghostly Prison plus Ensnaring Bridge, it's really one or the other plus something that attacks/taxes from a different angle.

Suppression Field does something against every deck which is, I think, it's greatest strength. It meets with a lot of FoWs when I play online because it hinders all decks worse than it does us. I understand the non-bo with Wasteland and Factory, but, honestly, by the time you are activating Factory - it doesn't matter - and the ability to Waste a Fetchland is always special...

Just some thoughts for test and discussion.
    Agreed that favorable matchups are in the range you stated, for game 1 at least.

Suppression Field does a lot of things, but it also makes for an awful topdeck, something Stax is already really awful at. Chalice / Trinisphere / Crucible are great, but they're a pain to topdeck when you already have what you need on the battlefield. Suppression Field further adds to that without being as essential as those other cards. The maindeck has a nice balance of anti-spells and anti-creatures, and the sideboard lets me go all in on whatever silver bullets that I need. Suppression Field has a ton of merits but the deck as a whole already does what it is trying to achieve, and it's really hard to justify it over other lock pieces.

I'd rather hedge my bets to increase my even / (slightly) favorable matchups than try to answer the bad Jace matchups. This is because there is no true silver bullet vs Jace decks because they attack from multiple angles: on the ground with creatures / Batterskull, the air with Clique, and directly with Jace. Essentially, you need a combination of Moat / Humility (or just Ensnaring Bridge) with Leyline of Sanctity to block their paths to victory. Finding / resolving all 3 was near-impossible when I used to play Dutch Stax.

The one card I really want to test is Inventor's Fair in Horizon Canopy's slot. The lifegain would be nice and being able to tutor for Crucible / Smokestack / Ensnaring Bridge during a boardstall is very appealing. Ratchet Bomb / Powder Keg also look promising with the SOI DFC rules changes. I always considered it back when Delver was dominant, but being 0 cmc when transformed made Bomb / Keg a dealbreaker.

Agreed that favorable matchups are in the range you stated, for game 1 at least.

Suppression Field does a lot of things, but it also makes for an awful topdeck, something Stax is already really awful at. Chalice / Trinisphere / Crucible are great, but they're a pain to topdeck when you already have what you need on the battlefield. Suppression Field further adds to that without being as essential as those other cards. The maindeck has a nice balance of anti-spells and anti-creatures, and the sideboard lets me go all in on whatever silver bullets that I need. Suppression Field has a ton of merits but the deck as a whole already does what it is trying to achieve, and it's really hard to justify it over other lock pieces.

I'd rather hedge my bets to increase my even / (slightly) favorable matchups than try to answer the bad Jace matchups. This is because there is no true silver bullet vs Jace decks because they attack from multiple angles: on the ground with creatures / Batterskull, the air with Clique, and directly with Jace. Essentially, you need a combination of Moat / Humility (or just Ensnaring Bridge) with Leyline of Sanctity to block their paths to victory. Finding / resolving all 3 was near-impossible when I used to play Dutch Stax.

The one card I really want to test is Inventor's Fair in Horizon Canopy's slot. The lifegain would be nice and being able to tutor for Crucible / Smokestack / Ensnaring Bridge during a boardstall is very appealing. Ratchet Bomb / Powder Keg also look promising with the SOI DFC rules changes. I always considered it back when Delver was dominant, but being 0 cmc when transformed made Bomb / Keg a dealbreaker.
    I agree with you. I probably wouldn't be as high on Suppression Field in a build without Armageddon. With Armageddon, it's not as bad a top-deck, because it can essentially give you multiple Time Walks vs a lot of decks (looking at the ones playing 8-11 Fetches). It also turns Armageddon into a Jace fix. A favorite play is to Armageddon replay a land from a Crucible and then land Suppression Field.

I tend to agree, the deck really hinges on getting 2-3 lock pieces out in order to take control of the game. I don't like to punt those games, but I'm just obstinate...

I've not been happy with Inventor's Fair. It's too slow and mana intensive for me. I also don't really care for Bomb/Keg in the main. I really only like them against quick tokens, so I can see sideboard, but I really don't think you get much more value out of them than O-Ring or Banishing Light.

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

I mean, this is the reason I stopped trying to force old-school prison Stax - the diversity of the format coupled with the speed means that if you don't have the right proactive answers before the threats hit, you are a huge underdog. If everyone around you is playing 4-color-midrange-garbage, Stax is fun. If the room is *actually* UR Tempo and ANT, hope that you have multiple lock pieces and they don't have force.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Land (27)

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Buried Ruin
    4x City of Traitors
    1x Drownyard Temple
    3x Ghost Quarter
    1x Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
    4x Inventors' Fair
    1x Karakas
    1x The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4x Wasteland

Artifact (31)

4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Crucible of Worlds
    3x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Ghirapur Orrery
    4x Grim Monolith
    4x Mox Diamond
    3x Smokestack
    4x Tangle Wire
    4x Trinisphere

Creature (2)

1x Hangarback Walker
    1x Walking Ballista

Sideboard (15)

1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Helm of Obedience
    4x Leyline of the Void
    4x Mindbreak Trap
    3x Walking Ballista
    2x Warping Wail

Enjoy yourself, you're welcome (:

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

So this crazy black Stax list just posted a 5-0:

4 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Nether Spirit
    1 Beseech the Queen
    2 Chainer’s Edict
    4 Smallpox
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Chrome Mox
    3 Crucible of Worlds
    4 Mox Diamond
    2 Smokestack
    4 Chains of Mephistopheles
    3 The Abyss
    2 Ancient Tomb
    2 Geier Reach Sanitarium
    4 Mishra’s Factory
    8 Swamp
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Wasteland

2 Collective Brutality
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Engineered Plague
    3 Hypnotic Specter

4 Chains. 3 Abyss. Hippie in the board. SIGN. ME. UP.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    So this crazy black Stax list just posted a 5-0:

4 Chains. 3 Abyss. Hippie in the board. SIGN. ME. UP.
    So awesome!

Thread Information