Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Thought about it in this, but the surveil seems too iffy. It's no Careful Study and any work to set up a perfect surveil into flashback is a bit magicalchristmasland.
    Like in almost all regards Snapcaster Mage works better, easier to cast, if it dies, Reanimate targeting SCM, resolves, flashback Reanimate targeting something is a potent line of play.
    If it wasn't UU I'd be more excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

I am also skeptical, though it is worth noting that this card uses the baby Jace wording rather than giving the card flashback. So it can allow Daze or FoW using alternate cost if need be. Also probably minimal but it doesn’t target, so Surgical in response to this is worse.

Still too much mana at the end of the day, methinks.

This card is worse than snapcaster. Baby jace is objectibely better: doesn't cost mana on the going-off turn because you set him up and go off later, can help protect your life points AND can also discard the creature you wanted in the bin.

Even then, I've been trying to play baby jace and I just can't find the space in the sideboard.

I absolutely love baby Jace, but I have had to face the fact that it is a pet card. Even when I've turn 1'd him on a mull to 5 with no other action (out of the sideboard even so no real removal post board) he was just so-so. I think if anything it probably belongs in an instant speed reanimator kit for the haste, though it's not really what tin fins wants to be doing most of the time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Qc View Post
    This card is worse than snapcaster. Baby jace is objectibely better: doesn't cost mana on the going-off turn because you set him up and go off later, can help protect your life points AND can also discard the creature you wanted in the bin.

Even then, I've been trying to play baby jace and I just can't find the space in the sideboard.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sorry i thought mission briefing let you cast sorceries at instant speed, I'm a brainlet sorry.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Two new cards guys...maybe enough to go over the edge

Good card late game as a Reanimator and good card on turn 3-4 as a cantrip/discarder.

I like it, mana intensive though

https://articles.edhrec.com/edhrec-g...-preview-card/

Split card... Discovery is a 1 U/B sorcery with surveil 2, then draw a card. (dammit its CMC 2 instead of 1)
    Dispersal is a 3UB instant that says "Each opponent returns a nonland permanent they control with the highest converted mana cost among permanents they control to its owner’s hand, then discards a card."

This may have been a full-on more synergistic replacement for Ponder at U. At 2 it’s probably too much for the effect.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    This may have been a full-on more synergistic replacement for Ponder at U. At 2 it’s probably too much for the effect.
    sorcery speed at 2 mana...then the split card is a 5 mana card.

no.

Izzet Charm seems better.

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

Hey all! X-post from Reddit, but was hoping to get as much feedback as I could before this weekend:

I am planning on playing in a 1k this weekend with UBg Reanimator, as it is a deck I very much enjoy playing and have had a bit of success with. I may someday migrate to RB Reanimator, but buying Badlands feels terrible these days, and I have yet to take the plunge. That said, I have a fairly stock mainboard with some "flex/preference" slots I would love some feedback on. I have not much switched up the list since the meta shifted a bit more toward UB Deathshadow and Grixis Control, so it might need some refining. I expect a good amount of DnT, Miracles, Grixis Control and Delver and likely UB Shadow, as it seems to be pretty popular right now. The last time I played at this shop, combo was not particularly prevalent so I am a little less worried about it, but will pack some hate just in case.

MB:

14x Lands (8x fetches and 1x swamp and 1x island, I could go up on the basics, but have overall felt fairly okay with this. I was considering 6x Fetches, add a 2nd Tropical Island and a Swamp)

4x Lotus Petal

4x Daze (I like 4x a lot, but can see them being less necessary in a fair meta)

4x Griselbrand (considering 3x and 1x non-legendary like Inkwell or Grave Titan)

1x Iona

1x Elesh

1x Tidespout

SB:

1x Grave Titan

2x Show and Tell (SB MVP, could see adding a 3rd)

3x Abrupt Decay

2x Pithing Needle

2x Massacre

1x Ashen Rider

1x Stormtide Leviathan (I was testing it out, it's pretty meh, but will likely be an Inkwell)

1x Echoing Truth

2x Flusterstorm (these were Collective Brutality but I have enjoyed the extra counter magic in my local control heavy meta)

Any thoughts, comments or feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I agree with your instinct to cut a Griselbrand for a Grave Titan.
    He's the sliver bullet against Edict decks but beyond he's just a quality beater against fair decks.

What are you flex slots? Ponder/Thoughtseize/Animate Dead?

My buddy Michael Plummer just Top 8'd SCG Balt with my Grixis list.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/123931
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerRobot View Post
    My buddy Michael Plummer just Top 8'd SCG Balt with my Grixis list.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/123931
    Nice! Does he have any match reports? Would be great if he could let us know how relevant the 2x Izzet charm were in his games.

I am curious why there is one Chancellor just hanging out in the list. Given the low likelihood of having it in the opener, I assume it’s for the in-play effect rather than the pre-game effect. What matchups was it useful in?

I'll ask him if he has a tournament report to share. The idea was I found Ponder to be unimpressive so I replaced it with the Izzet Charm/Preordain split. The 1-of Chancellor is there because the effect is powerful, but the card feels terrible to draw in multiples, so sometimes you get it as a bonus, but you're never stuck with multiple-Chancellor hands like the R/B version of the deck often is. I think too often people treat it like a Leyline and assume you need 4 even though you wouldn't mulligan a good hand just to find one.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

Aug 2015
    The woods again

I'm late to the party again, but Mission Briefing doesn't target cards in the graveyard. Bit it HARD with Storm the other week because Silent Gravestone didn't do anything against it, proving (fwiw) that more discards are better there.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

A different take on UB Reanimator managed to get 21st place here.

A more Control-ish take on UB Reanimator!

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by RNGesus View Post
    A different take on UB Reanimator managed to get 21st place here.

A more Control-ish take on UB Reanimator!
    Definitely a different take. Seems more like a splash of Reanimator, though 10 slots is deep to just dismiss it as a UB Control with Animate Deads.
    I'm curious what percentage of games were won off a (read: the only) Griselbrand compared to contol into Jace ultimate or Snapcaster beats.

Thread Information