Page 127 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Re: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

The “stock” configuration in the maindeck is 3x Griselbrand, 1x Elesh Norn, 1x Iona, 1x Tidespout Tyrant, and 1x Grave Titan. You can alter this based on your metagame.

Also if you are having trouble with Infect, Elesh Norn and Iona (choose Green) are your go-to creatures. It should not be a difficult matchup the majority of the time.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    The “stock” configuration in the maindeck is 3x Griselbrand, 1x Elesh Norn, 1x Iona, 1x Tidespout Tyrant, and 1x Grave Titan. You can alter this based on your metagame.

Also if you are having trouble with Infect, Elesh Norn and Iona (choose Green) are your go-to creatures. It should not be a difficult matchup the majority of the time.
    Also, if you do land and Elesh Norn, DO NOT ATTACK with it. They are literally locked out of game. I have seen so many opponents attack with it to see it Berserked and then fightning over counter//reanimator wars. Play out the game slowly and stack you're hand. You wont loss that war.

Yeah do not attack with Elesh - this one I know but I feel like besides Griselbrand all of those creatures are well kinda not enough. Mine set was:

4x Grisel
    1x Elesh
    1x Inkwell
    1x Tyrant

with Iona in side.

My opinion is that really d&t just outspeed us really badly without the demon. I was testing 2x Not of this world main and it helped sometimes with karakas but still I feel like all other creatures gets beaten up badly. Maybe I need to practice more.
    On the other hand - are you all playing animate dead main? If yes how many copies? Is it worth to run 2x S&T main and 2 in side? What do you feel about daze now? I would say I prefer thoughtseize all the time - I'm thinking of running like 4 Thoughtseizes and 2 Duresses in spot of Dazes. Any opinions?

for DnT is good Grave Titan

Grave Titan and Inkwell Leviathan are both decent against D&T, but have obvious failings. Grave Titan can get Swords’d and is pretty easily killed by blocks if they get Brightling or Mirran Crusader plus two power creature. And Inkwell allows them to race in a lot of cases if you lose 9 life from Reanimate. Elesh Norn is good purely as a one-shot board wipe.

D&T is a pretty challenging matchup because we don’t have a creature that they can’t deal with aside from MAYBE Inkwell depending if Council’s Judgement is in the deck. Pithing Needle (on Karakas) and Massacre/Dread of Night are good too but this match will usually be a slog. There’s also times where you’ll stumble on mana and they’ll lock you out that way. The upside is that since they aren’t a blue deck, sometimes they just don’t draw what they need. It’s far from unwinnable.

Have you ever thought of SB Massacre?

They say it helps against Miracle as well.

Massacre Wurm is always a good option against DnT. Board wipe+clock all in one.

Non-Legendary to boot.

Massacre? Sure but you only have access to 1 or 2 copies - doesn't sound that helpful. But hey we still have Silumgar xD About crazy ideas - what about the Ur-Dragon? :P

Well SB cards can be brought up to 4 and in case

SB 2 Massacre and 1 Massacre Wurm and Elesh MD... should do it

Massacre Wurm can be pretty good. I played it for a long time when there was I was on Show and Tell. If you're on that backup plan you'll go off later than you usually would and sometimes need something that affects the board immediately because you're giving them 1 free permanent. Just getting a griselbrand does nothing when opponent has a flyer + mother of runes.

This is a second non legendary elesh norn that can sometimes win you the game on the spot. If you have a lot of decks that get killed by Elesh, it's probably a good idea to add a wurm.
    Last edited by Cpt-Qc; 07-29-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Exactly. It’s an option for a skewed meta.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

The decks you need elseh norn have karakas...wouldnt it be better to play wurm instead

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    The decks you need elseh norn have karakas...wouldnt it be better to play wurm instead
    Nevermind...misread

So last question - any experience with some nonorthodox creatures? (Ur-Dragon, hellkite?)

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    So last question - any experience with some nonorthodox creatures? (Ur-Dragon, hellkite?)
    sphinx

[QUOTE=KobeBryan;1052839]sphinx[/Q which one??

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Sphinx of the Steel Wind is the only one worth mentioning. If Canadian Thresh becomes a popular deck again, then it will have merit. But for the moment there are better non-legendary creatures in Inkwell Leviathan and Grave Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

I think Death and Taxes is our worst matchup, but I've jammed the matchup so many times I have a pretty good intuition about it.

- Make sure to have enough non-Legendary creatures post-board to play around Karakas without needing a Pithing Needle.

- Inkwell Leviathan is our best creature in this matchup.

- Sideboard Massacre is great. Dread of Night is somewhat less good (mainly because it costs 2 under Thalia).

- Sometimes you'll want to name Wasteland or Rishadan Port with Pithing Needle.

- Sideboard out Griselbrand I know this is probably controversial, but I take out all my Griselbrands after game one. Death and Taxes players don't care if you jump through hoops to get ol' Tin Fins. They have too many answers to this card.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerRobot View Post
    I think Death and Taxes is our worst matchup, but I've jammed the matchup so many times I have a pretty good intuition about it.

- Make sure to have enough non-Legendary creatures post-board to play around Karakas without needing a Pithing Needle.

- Inkwell Leviathan is our best creature in this matchup.

- Sideboard Massacre is great. Dread of Night is somewhat less good (mainly because it costs 2 under Thalia).

- Sometimes you'll want to name Wasteland or Rishadan Port with Pithing Needle.

- Sideboard out Griselbrand I know this is probably controversial, but I take out all my Griselbrands after game one. Death and Taxes players don't care if you jump through hoops to get ol' Tin Fins. They have too many answers to this card.

Could you share your UBr decklist please? :)

Thread Information