Jun 2012
    NY

Re: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    i'd rather cast show and tell.
    Fair point.

^
    I mean they’re the same mana cost but they’re situationally different. If you have a creature in hand already, then yes Show and Tell. Show and Tell plays a similar role to Careful Study in terms of the slot it occupies.

But if you had one of Entomb, Reanimate, Exhume or Animate Dead in your hand with no creature then Spell Seeker is going to be preferable to find your other half. Could also have utility to find discard if you know they have an answer, or even an Abrupt Decay to handle DRS.

It may be too slow. I am going to try it sometime in the next few weeks in a slower build methinks. And even then, if it does prove useful, would something like Intuition be better?

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well, our grixis delver matchup is now significantly better. DRS got the axe.

I know the news are fresh but i would strongly advice you people to not take needles out of the sideboard and prepare for a much wider graveyard hate now.

Don't just have an idea - have all of them
    Apr 2016
    Germnay

The grave hate has to increase now. 2 Surgical Extraction and 4 Shaman main was pretty common for most of the decks. Probably 3 Surgical from now + extra cards are necessary.

Summer Christmas has arrived at last

Do we have a discord channel? We might need quick discussions to adjust our lists for the fast changing metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Qc View Post
    Summer Christmas has arrived at last

Do we have a discord channel? We might need quick discussions to adjust our lists for the fast changing metagame.
    Here's the current Reanimator discord (both UB & BR)

https://discord.gg/2SWQzn2

Here's what Bob Huang had to say in relation to a question about BR vs UB: "No clue... blue has the better sideboard plan I think. I would honestly try a blue version with Chancellors"

I think blue with Chancellors sounds amazing, actually. Has anyone ever tried it before?

Jun 2012
    NY

Quote Originally Posted by korstructure View Post
    Here's what Bob Huang had to say in relation to a question about BR vs UB: "No clue... blue has the better sideboard plan I think. I would honestly try a blue version with Chancellors"

I think blue with Chancellors sounds amazing, actually. Has anyone ever tried it before?
    I go back and forth. Currently running them. I think there are a number of us who have tried it if you scroll through the last 6 or so pages of this thread.

Chancellor usually is only useful specifically on turn 1. While our turn one rate is not awful (one in maybe ten games in my experience), we’re more often going off on turn two or three with backup perhaps after a cantrip. As a result, Chancellor tends to be underwhelming for us, and I suspect this will be especially true in a world where we don’t get an advantage out of delaying DRS for a turn. BR is going off turn one 3-4 Games out of ten, so Chancellor is more useful to them. Another bad thing about Chancellor is that before the game starts it screams “Hey! I’m on Reanimator! Leave that land untapped for countermagic!” Which keeps us from doing a Miracles or Delver impression for a couple of turns.

I can only assume this comment from Bob Huong is indicative of a lack of understanding of the archetype on his part, which is odd because it’s a pretty common opinion that Chancellor in UB isn’t great. There are a few other claims in that article that were questionable as well imo but time will tell I suppose.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    Chancellor usually is only useful specifically on turn 1. While our turn one rate is not awful (one in maybe ten games in my experience), we’re more often going off on turn two or three with backup perhaps after a cantrip. As a result, Chancellor tends to be underwhelming for us, and I suspect this will be especially true in a world where we don’t get an advantage out of delaying DRS for a turn. BR is going off turn one 3-4 Games out of ten, so Chancellor is more useful to them. Another bad thing about Chancellor is that before the game starts it screams “Hey! I’m on Reanimator! Leave that land untapped for countermagic!” Which keeps us from doing a Miracles or Delver impression for a couple of turns.

I can only assume this comment from Bob Huong is indicative of a lack of understanding of the archetype on his part, which is odd because it’s a pretty common opinion that Chancellor in UB isn’t great. There are a few other claims in that article that were questionable as well imo but time will tell I suppose.
    I agree 110%

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Also now that Shaman isn't around no mana acceleration lists might become even stronger, as now you can sculpt a hand without that f**king dude hosing you for free.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    Also now that Shaman isn't around no mana acceleration lists might become even stronger, as now you can sculpt a hand without that f**king dude hosing you for free.
    This deck should be back.

At least it will be easier to win game 1s now.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post

I may get back to reanimator indeed.
    Would it still run Ubg though or straight UB?
    Decay is still an important sideboard card, but maybe echoing truth is enough? guess it'll depend on the amount of CB floating around
    what's the most recent list looks like?

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post

It never left.

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    I may get back to reanimator indeed.
    Would it still run Ubg though or straight UB?
    Decay is still an important sideboard card, but maybe echoing truth is enough? guess it'll depend on the amount of CB floating around
    what's the most recent list looks like?
    I have been on straight UB with no issues. I run an Engineered Explosives in the board to hit stuff like Chalice, RiP or Priest. Haven’t played too much vs Miracles in my area though in all fairness.

I run UB reanimator and sometimes Grixis. I've been playing Chancellor of the Annex for years to good success. I'm pretty sure we want some number of them in the deck, but I'm almost positive we don't want a full playset since they are so bad for us to draw in multiples. Bob Huang is right about Chancellor (in fact I beat him playing Delver in like round 11 of an SCG a few years ago, and was likely because Chancellors make the Delver matchups great) in UBx being the way to go.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

^
    What situations do you find Chancellor being most useful? What do you cut from standard builds to run it?

May 2015
    PDX

In a deck that can struggle with blue count, I'm not sure what the point of running Chancellor is. Daze is a better card when it comes to playing two decks and increasing similarity to Delver decks (which allows you to more effectively imitate in games where you've stolen a Delver or YP). There is also a significant difference between fast mana between UBx and B/R; I'm not sure how Chancellor is supposed to perform well in UBx.

Thread Information