Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133
Results 2,641 to 2,656 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Re: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

So there's some speculation that Griselbrand may get banned. Setting aside the question whether Gdaddy deserves to be banned, what do you think the implications will be for UB reanimator?

I feel like removing Gdaddy would relegate the archetype from fringe playable to casual jank status. The silver bullets are no longer powerful enough, the payoff is not there anymore with the plethora of powerful removal available.

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

I have been back on UB Reanimator lately. Playing a UB list similar to this: https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22172&d=350069&f=LE

However, thinking about heading back toward UBg to fight through Chalice a bit better, somewhat like this: https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=21761&d=346394&f=LE

My final list will likely fall somewhere in the middle. What I plan on testing out most immediately is something like:

15 lands
    4 BS/Entomb/Reanimate/Daze/Force/Petals
    3 Careful Study/Exume
    2 Thoughtseize/Brutality/Ponder
    1 Animate Dead/Show and Tell
    7 fatties

SB:
    3 SnT (I really think this is our answer to Chalice, more so than straight up killing them)
    3 Decay (or Echoing Truth/EE if only UB)
    3 Flusterstorm (depending on show and tells)
    2 Massacre
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Duress

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by RNGesus View Post
    So there's some speculation that Griselbrand may get banned. Setting aside the question whether Gdaddy deserves to be banned, what do you think the implications will be for UB reanimator?

I feel like removing Gdaddy would relegate the archetype from fringe playable to casual jank status. The silver bullets are no longer powerful enough, the payoff is not there anymore with the plethora of powerful removal available.
    Proof

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    Proof
    Latest card spoiled feels like a fixed version of Griselbrand. Of course nothing will be confirmed until the B&R speculation comes out, but its just a possibility.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by RNGesus View Post
    Latest card spoiled feels like a fixed version of Griselbrand. Of course nothing will be confirmed until the B&R speculation comes out, but its just a possibility.
    I feel like it is "more likely" that this "fixed" Griselbrand will eventually slot into the "non-Rotating" format that will take Modern's place on MTG Arena.

Of course, there is no way to actually rate, or measure this probability, but it's just a hunch I have about why there are so many "updated" versions of "old" cards coming out now.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

So, Rotting Regisaur. How do you feel about it? Will it make it in the side? If yes then how many? Is anyone testing maybe?

Hate to be a pessimist, but other decks leave in a lot of removal against us, so I’m skeptical the new Dino is good enough. Fatal Push and Abrupt Decay will be out of opponents’ decks for game 2, but things like Swords, Terminus, Council’s Judgement, Edicts, and more will be kept in. Dino gets blocked forever by Mom. Strix laughs at it. Relevantly, it dies to double Bolt, which is very common now that Dreadhorde Arcanist is popular.

I’d love to be wrong. We do play a pile of cards to bring back dead creatures, so Rotting Regisaur being sent to the graveyard is not always terrible. What matchups were you thinking he’d be good? Off the top of my head, Eldrazi probably would hate to see this guy drop down on turn two after a mull to 5 for Leyline. I could see it giving RUG Delver a headache if it actually resolved. Not sure what else.

Oct 2011
    California

5-0'd an MTGO league the other day with this:

4 Griselbrand
    4 Chancellor of the Annex

4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    3 Force of Will

4 Entomb
    3 Collective Brutality
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume

3 Lotus Petal
    1 Island
    2 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard:

2 Duress
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Massacre
    2 Show and Tell

Nothing particularly special about the matches that league. Played against other graveyard decks three times, including beating B/R Reanimator in a weird game three where I had a Leyline, they tried an Animate Dead on my Chancellor, I bounced it back to my hand, and then we both drew straight nothing for about six consecutive turns before I was able to stick a Chancellor and ride it to victory.

I've mostly been a traditionalist when it comes to the U/B build, but lately I've been coming round to the idea that the maindeck package should just be Griselbrand/Chancellor; Chancellor gives you an awful lot of free-roll wins against decks that could otherwise interact with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ubernostrum View Post

4 Griselbrand

4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    3 Force of Will

4 Entomb
    3 Collective Brutality
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume

3 Lotus Petal
    1 Island
    2 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard:

2 Duress
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Massacre
    2 Show and Tell

Nothing particularly special about the matches that league. Played against other graveyard decks three times, including beating B/R Reanimator in a weird game three where I had a Leyline, they tried an Animate Dead on my Chancellor, I bounced it back to my hand, and then we both drew straight nothing for about six consecutive turns before I was able to stick a Chancellor and ride it to victory.

I've mostly been a traditionalist when it comes to the U/B build, but lately I've been coming round to the idea that the maindeck package should just be Griselbrand/Chancellor; Chancellor gives you an awful lot of free-roll wins against decks that could otherwise interact with you.
    That was me on BR. Weird game three for sure, I wasnt expecting the Leylines tbh so I had no answers to it outside taking your creatures.
    I 4-1d that League losing only to you, you have now a bounty on your head, watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by ubernostrum View Post

4 Griselbrand

4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    3 Force of Will

4 Entomb
    3 Collective Brutality
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume

3 Lotus Petal
    1 Island
    2 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard:

2 Duress
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Massacre
    2 Show and Tell

What were your other matchups?

Oct 2011
    California

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    What were your other matchups?
    One Hogaak Dredge, one non-Hogaak Dredge, one Burn, one RUG Arcanist/cascade.

So the matchup gods smiled on me a bit in that league, but I've been doing well overall with the build. I had a match a little while back against CalebD on RUG cascade that showed up on his stream, if you want to laugh at me. I wasn't playing super well that night, but in spite of that still kind of ran him over (helped a bit by an awful cascade into Pyroblast on his end).

Was Dredge winnable during G1 without Elesh Norn?

Oct 2011
    California

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    Was Dredge winnable during G1 without Elesh Norn?
    Pulled up the replays, and turns out the Hogaak Dredge was actually in the previous league; the other match this league was an Echo of Eons storm deck.

The non-Hogaak Dredge in the 5-0 league, game 1 I had a turn-two Griselbrand and countered their turn-three Breakthrough, which prompted the concession. The Hogaak Dredge I did lose game 1, but game two and three had Elesh Norn and Iona both in the deck.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

since Uro is getting more and more popular, containment priest seems to be at a low, and I wanted to try splashing red again.

This is what I'm testing right now

1 Anger
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Archetype of Endurance
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    1 Hapless Researcher
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    2 Animate Dead
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Misdirection
    4 Entomb
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Badlands
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    4 Exhume
    4 Reanimate
    4 Careful Study
    2 Ransack the Lab
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Faithless Looting

1 Pithing Needle
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    4 Show and Tell
    3 Duress

This is what I'm currently testing. I'm still on the slow plan with no mana acceleration, and Anger has been backbreaking in some matchups. I was able to get a grizz and attack a PW hoser (3feri-jtms-oko) in the same turn :-D
    Last edited by owerbart; 08-24-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Is Strategic Planning better than Ransack the Lab due to pitching to FoW/Misdirection? Otherwise it might be better as Faithless Looting 3 and 4. Interesting take anyway. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    ...and I wanted to try splashing red again.

2 Ransack the Lab
    At 2 mana spot, wouldn't Izzet Charm be a better choice since you're already splashing red?
    Although it digs one less card, it does much more than being another Careful Study variant.

Thread Information