Page 103 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Archetype of Endurance is the card to double down with, it's him plus Griselbrand. Always him plus one. Solo he's underwhelming. Last I heard Stryfo still likes him, and that's how he utilizes it in matches.
    If you're in the "one creature is all I need" camp then Inkwell is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Yeah, I still prefer Archetype for my own style, but inkwell is by far the best solo shroud creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfo View Post
    Yeah, I still prefer Archetype for my own style, but inkwell is by far the best solo shroud creature.
    Is it better to play one of these hexproof creatures in the main or in the side? In what meta would you generally want to play one in the main?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

My opinion is that having access to one shroud creature in the main gives you a lot of extra game against DnT, lands, and gwx decks. I also really like archetype specifically against miracles as they can't beat archetype plus Iona white. If you don't expect these decks, or like your game 1 against them enough, put your shroud dude in the board.

Anyone has feedback on Magister of Worth? There may be some merit having it in the main as an out when the opponent has assembled a formidable board state. It is also a great target for Exhume as you pretty much blank the creature the opponent is returning.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by RNGesus View Post
    Anyone has feedback on Magister of Worth? There may be some merit having it in the main as an out when the opponent has assembled a formidable board state. It is also a great target for Exhume as you pretty much blank the creature the opponent is returning.
    Magister of Worth doesn't solve many problems (if hatebears were out, you aren't getting this one in play anyways). It's definitely as castable as Grave Titan (if you have white mana in your build), but I think Elesh Norn is generally the better and safer play. Now vs decks that use SnT, this is a great card to put in Elesh Norn's place out of the SB (but you'd still rather have Ashen Rider I think).

The card feels better suited to LED decks, specifically TinFins (which does run white for Mentor or SFM sideboards). Also with LEDs you potentially get to use Unburial Rites, though it doubles down on the zone you don't want to.

It is great that Magister's default mode is wrath, but Elesh does the same work most of the time. She also doesn't wrath your own creatures.

The real key is any future creatures coming into play. Dredge, elves, and infect can all rebuild and come back after a Magister. Not after an Elesh Norn though; she's a stone-cold silver bullet G1 (some exceptions to this like MD Karakas). They're locked out and can't do anything.
    Last edited by DoorDie; 09-26-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Has anyone looked into using any of the gearhulks from kaladesh?

Quote Originally Posted by rgrintz View Post
    Has anyone looked into using any of the gearhulks from kaladesh?
    I do not think that any of the hulks ist even close to the Creatures we have.

I've been seeing more and more lists running Chancellor of the Annex, sometimes as many as 4. Isn't that old school tech? I haven't seen that in ages, why is it all of a sudden coming back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because being faster is becoming increasingly important in the current metagame in the face of a new breed of Death and Taxes, many strong, cheap graveyard hate choices are available, some of which are an integral part of the main decks (DRS). They are also a threat as well as disruption all in one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

May 2015
    PDX

Chancellors are also more often featured in non-U versions of reanimator which are more linear, faster, and really all-in on beating up fair decks.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...and-Reanimator

This is the link you're looking for if you want to know more about BR Reanimator.
    Thanks, was just about to ask about that!

It's been about a year since I've actually played, so I haven't played the Eldrazi matchup. What's our best silver bullet versus Eldrazi?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Difficult to say. I've started including Blazing Archon in my side for the matchup, but my meta is 100% on the White Eldrazi plan, and Eldrazi Displacer & Containment Priest effect some dangerous synergy upon my board. No creature offers the self-protection whilst delaying their own fast clock. I guess the cop out would be to suggest Archetype of Endurance & any other card.

Against the strictly MUD versions, my understanding is Blazing Archon is indeed a hard lock for them, while Tidespout Tyrant can also hobble them effectively.
    Last edited by PirateKing; 10-19-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Sphinx of the steel wind is also very difficult for them to beat, and better in the delver matchups than archon.

Congratulations to Nicholas Santini. He reached 5th at ethernal extravaganza with a cool reanimator list!

Dear Nicholas, if you ready this, can you tell us some things about you deck?

- How did the Researcher perform?
    - What can you tell us about you landbase?
    - Why is there no shroud creature?
    - What is your bording Plan (D&t, Eldrazi, miracles)?

Reanimator

4 Lotus Petal
    4 Careful Study
    4 Reanimate
    4 Force of Will
    4 Exhume
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Entomb
    3 Griselbrand
    3 Daze
    3 Ponder
    2 Hapless Researcher
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    1 Sire of Insanity
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Show and Tell
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Swamp
    1 Bayou
    1 Island

Sideboard:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Show and Tell
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Massacre
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Collective Brutality

With the rise in BR reanimators, I hate not being the fastest combo deck at my LGS anymore.

I was under the impression that we were favored against BR but tonight was the second time I faced it and he T1'd me twice, just like last week.

Can't even fight through T1 reanimation because of Chancelor... life is hard for UB reanimator.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Qc View Post
    With the rise in BR reanimators, I hate not being the fastest combo deck at my LGS anymore.

I was under the impression that we were favored against BR but tonight was the second time I faced it and he T1'd me twice, just like last week.

Can't even fight through T1 reanimation because of Chancelor... life is hard for UB reanimator.
    The good news is that there are 8x FoWs not called FoW: Surgical and Noxious Revival. Surgical is fine (unnecessary, but fine) in the board, but consider Noxious x2 main if you want to plow through Chancellors early. Fire off FoW first into the daze-angel then time walk them with Noxious or reverse the order if you've got the Reanimate in hand. There are also plenty of looping tricks with Noxious + dredge mechanic/Hapless that keep Exhume (on the stack) live as you potentially cycle a fatty targeted by Surgical to library and back to yard, breaking Surgical's targeting. Other benefits include making 2nd land drop off same fetch and shrugging off discard if it's in your hand. There are a couple of other 0 mana options, but they're less applicable to other matchups and just worse (ESG/SSG or Gemstone Caverns gambling).

Hello all,

I've recently taken up Reanimator in an attempt to learn how to play a second Legacy deck. (I've been playing RG Lands for a couple years but would like to master another archetype, if that's possible.) So, as a new Reanimator player, I'd like to field some questions:

1. Having played both UB and BR for a little bit, I feel like UB is less clunky and more versatile, if a turn slower. What's the general consensus on the weaknesses and strengths of each build?

2. I've seen some lists run Jace, Vryn's Prodigy in the sideboard. Given that his best ability seems to involve graveyard interaction and that we're sure to see graveyard hate in games two and three, why should we run him?

3. Do we ever board out Force of Will?

4. What do we usually cut when we need to bring in cards like Pithing Needle or Abrupt Decay?

5. When should we bring in a card like Show and Tell? How about Echoing Truth?

6. Other tips or interactions I should know about?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Information