Page 52 of 133 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by sunlith42 View Post
    @PirateKing Do you think the inclusion of izzet charm slows the deck down? Since if izzet charm is the only discard spell in hand you couldn't use it until turn 2, then reanimate on turn 3. Or would you mulligan a hand with izzet charm as the only discard outlet?
    So we're saying a opening hand of Izzet Charm, Reanimate, Griselbrand & 4 lands? I'd be inclined to keep that if I was on the play game 1 against an unknown opponent, but not on the draw. If the creature was something like Sire of Insanity or Elesh Norn that'd be a harder sell. On one hand you have everything you need in hand; creature, loot, reanimation effect. But then no protection, nothing beyond the draw for turn and the 2 from Izzet Charm, assuming your opponent isn't on point and doesn't stick a Daze/Peirce/Snare on the Izzet Charm. Then you're just in top deck for business.

But it must be said, at only 2 copies in the deck, it's use as a loot spell, especially as the only one available, is not a typical situation. Depending on your meta, you can expect to use it almost equally across all three options as well as a blue pitch to Force of Will.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hello everyone!

Just a quick curious question. Why arent people using Pathrazer of Ulamog in a reanimator deck? i know its not flying, but wouldnt it still be devestating with Annihilator ( even if only Annihilator 3 would still put enemy far behind at round three or so) ? What am i missing? is it because of the manacost? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoline View Post
    Hello everyone!

Just a quick curious question. Why arent people using Pathrazer of Ulamog in a reanimator deck? i know its not flying, but wouldnt it still be devestating with Annihilator ( even if only Annihilator 3 would still put enemy far behind at round three or so) ? What am i missing? is it because of the manacost? Cheers!
    Because 11 mana to reanimate that is pretty damn painful and the creature itself doesn't really do much by itself without attacking.

Iona stops mono colored decks, Elesh Norn slaughters weenies, Russel Brand is Yawgmoth's Bargain on legs, Sire of Insanity on T1 is usually enough to end any matchup other than dredge.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerRobot View Post
    I play Grixis for Izzet Charm and maindeck Pyroblast and I really think we need to move away from Ponder. Our deck has such a high density of combo pieces (I have 11 ways to get a creature into the yard including thoughtseize and 10 reanimation spells), and so few mana sources (I have 15 land + petals) that I always feel like I'm wasting my turn when I ponder. I only have 1 in the 75 now and I'm considering cutting it.
    Whats your list look like? I'm really liking this Grixis scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke is Good View Post
    Because 11 mana to reanimate that is pretty damn painful and the creature itself doesn't really do much by itself without attacking.

Iona stops mono colored decks, Elesh Norn slaughters weenies, Russel Brand is Yawgmoth's Bargain on legs, Sire of Insanity on T1 is usually enough to end any matchup other than dredge.
    Thanks for clearing it up! =)

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Hello everyone!

If we aren't using the creature for some ability, then it'll fall into the category of bug dumb beater. So to clarify: we're obviously not playing Elesh Norn for her combat stats, nor Tidespout Tyrant or AEtherling or Sire of Insanity. Especially not Keranos, God of Storms.

So if we're just talking about combat stats, what matters more than evasion is preservation. The two most often used creatures used only to put damage on the opponent are Inkwell Leviathan and Grave Titan. Both protect themselves from common points of removal we expect to face; they're non-legendary and they're difficult to hit with Swords to Plowshares, Maze of Ith or some other point removal.

Another good point is that 9 power doesn't present a faster clock than 7 power. So the extra cost associated with the 9/9 stats isn't all that relevant to us, making it all the more painful when looking at the Reanimate in your hand.

So in the end we look to lose 11 life and get no defense against common removal cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

May 2014
    Belgium

I'm not sure yet if I want to give the UBrg list a try. But I'm definitely sure about giving Hapless Researcher a try in my UBg build. I'm not sure whether I want to cut 3 Ponders and try 3 Hapless instead. I'm also running 4 MD Thoughtseize which I like. Could cut one to try the 4th. What are the opinions on the # of discard spells this deck should have in the 75? At the moment I personally run 4 MD Thoughtseize and 2 Duress SB. I'm definitely not the most experienced player here, but so far the match ups against Omni have been pretty good.

On another note: how do you guys play against Food Chain combo? I've came across the deck 3-4 times and of course I could've just been unlucky to not reanimate something fast enough or bad luck on the draw or something. But no matter how many times I make them discard Food Chain or the creature (even reanimated it myself if necessary) I found the deck quite difficult to beat.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hello everyone!

Hi. As explained above, every creature that we put into play must be backbreaking. Pathrazer only knows to attack. It doesn't do anything besides that. Compare that to:
    Iona, who shuts down decks,
    Elesh Norn, who can wash away armies of Elves, Goblins, Merfolk, Ichorids and Zombie Tokens.
    Sire of Insanity which T1 or even T2 closes the game
    Tidespout Tyrant, that gets rid of pesky permanents and makes matchups like lands really easy

If you really want just a beater, most lists run Inkwell Leviathan, who can race pretty much evertyhing, and the shroud thing makes it really amazing

About trying new creatures, I've been toying with Narset Enlightened Master lately

Thank you everyone for the clarification, ive just started playing legacy and with a nicfit deck. so im browsing through to get a better understanding of the diffrent kinds of decks i get to meet =) (and im a bit interested in getting my of reanimator deck one day)

Cheers!

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thank you everyone for the clarification, ive just started playing legacy and with a nicfit deck. so im browsing through to get a better understanding of the diffrent kinds of decks i get to meet =) (and im a bit interested in getting my of reanimator deck one day)

Cheers!
    Start playing in cockatrice, so you can get a good understanding of the deck. It's pretty fast and fun to play, and you have a lot of matchups where you have a crushing advantage. About IRL, try to get the FoWs first, it's a Legacy staple and you can use it in tons of decks. From there the only really expensive cards are the duals, but you can manage to always have your colours with just 2 underground seas (I played for a long time with two before getting the full playset)

Polluted Deltas are very cheap now with the KTK reprint too

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    So we're saying a opening hand of Izzet Charm, Reanimate, Griselbrand & 4 lands? I'd be inclined to keep that if I was on the play game 1 against an unknown opponent, but not on the draw. If the creature was something like Sire of Insanity or Elesh Norn that'd be a harder sell. On one hand you have everything you need in hand; creature, loot, reanimation effect. But then no protection, nothing beyond the draw for turn and the 2 from Izzet Charm, assuming your opponent isn't on point and doesn't stick a Daze/Peirce/Snare on the Izzet Charm. Then you're just in top deck for business.

But it must be said, at only 2 copies in the deck, it's use as a loot spell, especially as the only one available, is not a typical situation. Depending on your meta, you can expect to use it almost equally across all three options as well as a blue pitch to Force of Will.
    Just real quick, but woudn't being on the draw allow you to draw, discard Grisel, and have a t2 combo? You have a t4 protected combo as well, which isn't bad by any stretch, especially if you drew some more Daze, FoW, or TS as you can have double protection on t4, which will probably do it against most decks.

Quote Originally Posted by MTGeezy View Post
    Whats your list look like? I'm really liking this Grixis scheme.
    The list I played at SCG Worcester (made day two, record of 9-6 overall)

4 Polluted Delta
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Badlands
    1 Volcanic Island
    4 Lotus Petal
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    1 Sire of Insanity
    1 Chancellor of the Annex
    4 Entomb
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    2 Animate Dead
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    3 Daze
    3 Careful Study
    1 Ponder
    2 Izzet Charm
    1 Pyroblast

1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Duress
    1 Stronghold Gambit
    2 Show and Tell
    1 Massacre
    1 Keranos, God of Storms
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Inkwell Leviathan
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria

It's a blast to play and has a lot of angles of attack. Give it a shuffle and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Just real quick, but woudn't being on the draw allow you to draw, discard Grisel, and have a t2 combo? You have a t4 protected combo as well, which isn't bad by any stretch, especially if you drew some more Daze, FoW, or TS as you can have double protection on t4, which will probably do it against most decks.
    I find myself discarding fatties to hand size quite often. Don't discount it. However you never know which line is correct until you've seen your opponent's turn 1 play and drawn a card for your turn, there are simply too many variables.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

@Tinker, Just a small nitpick, I notice that you have tidespout but choose REB as your blast of choice in the board. It doesn't matter much, but I think it should really just be a second pyroblast.

Yeah, one underground sea already ordered, next in in a month or two, also looking into fows :)

Already have a playset of all fetches from ktk aswell as a playsett of verdant catacombs:)

Cheers for the comment, help alot! =)

/Gaz
    Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    Start playing in cockatrice, so you can get a good understanding of the deck. It's pretty fast and fun to play, and you have a lot of matchups where you have a crushing advantage. About IRL, try to get the FoWs first, it's a Legacy staple and you can use it in tons of decks. From there the only really expensive cards are the duals, but you can manage to always have your colours with just 2 underground seas (I played for a long time with two before getting the full playset)

Polluted Deltas are very cheap now with the KTK reprint too

@Stryfo REB was a conscious descision so as to have diversity of card names against things like Cabal Therapy and Meddling Mage, but you're probably right. I don't think anyone is going go name Pyroblast with Cabal Therapy or Meddling Mage anyway.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

His point was to the disynergy with REB. The fact that no one is going to name REB/Pyroblast with Cabal Therapy or Meddling Mage is more reason to just run the full set of blasts so if you resolve Tidesprout Tyrant you can target things.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    His point was to the disynergy with REB. The fact that no one is going to name REB/Pyroblast with Cabal Therapy or Meddling Mage is more reason to just run the full set of blasts so if you resolve Tidesprout Tyrant you can target things.
    Out of dealing with so many people playing cabal therapy or meddling mage

NO ONE has ever named blasts or REB if they did not first look at your hand and it being the only card they need to fight off.

well about some lists that seems to be the most played latelty!

grixis vs UBg and helpless reseracher vs ponder

well red give us pyro and izzet charm and green gains us abrupt decay, both has their strenghts, wich seems better in metagame? omni and miracles appers to be in same pace and decay (now that miracles play even more hatebears) its better in that matchup, thoughts?

about reseracher my opinion its that g1 we are already favor in like 90% of the matches i guess , so researcher vs ponder doesnt seems to make such difference in g1, and after board ponder its better to search for anti-hate cards and other options no? i donīt run reanimator regularly but i guess if its good meta for any combo deck has to be reanimator now.

So ive been toying around with the grixis delver list for the past couple days, including fnm last night, and I am just not digging it. I feel like reanimator as it was, was already to mulligan probe, and having two more non basics just make my hands that much worse. Grabbing seven cards with five black spells and a trop and volcanic does not feel good. I also feel that izzet charm is not as good as it seems, but it had its shining moments for sure. Ive since went back to UBg, but ive left engineered explosives in my side cause I like that card and I've left two hapless researchers main cause that card rules.

Edit ; I also have not missed ponder at all.

So I recently started playing reanimator, and my question is in the Death and Taxes match up what it the best reanimation target? Do i get Elesh to wipe their board, Iona to name white, or tidespout to bounce their stuff?

Thread Information