Page 81 of 133 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    It's relevant to the Archetype due to the foils I currently have being from Graveborn. They clump due to the foil process making them essentially unplayable in a tournament setting, and I am giving other players a heads up before they buy them that this is the case, and should steer clear. You are welcome....

From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
    I used Graveborn foils before I upgraded to Judge promo then finally to Oddy Foil. I'd probably shuffle a lot more if you are complaining of clumping. The graveborn ones I had did curl a bit so I would flatten them a good amount then put them back into your deck. Also what sleeves are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Zhong View Post
    That's quite interesting,you'll need a really large sample to prove that there's a statistically significant difference between the graveborn foils, non-foils and other foils, otherwise, it's pure anecdotal evidence or just coincidence.

I've been playing with the graveborn foils and have not noticed any issues, but my whole deck is foil except for 4 seas, 1 bayou, and 1 trop.

Is the rest of your deck foil? I agree that you shouldn't play with them if those are the only foils in your deck, since they can be ruled as marked cards.

Also are you sure it's not a sleeve issue? Older sleeves do get sticky. I use brand new KMC hypermat sleeves every time I play in a major tournament and switch them out after 2 or 3 small tournaments, so I basically replace sleeves every 15 matches or so.
    Don't you find that the KMC Hypermats are a bit sharp on the edges? I got papercuts when I was shuffling my vintage deck the first time at eternal weekend. Also, are you still on the traditional UGb list with petals or are you trying the 4 color build?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Zhong View Post
    That's quite interesting,you'll need a really large sample to prove that there's a statistically significant difference between the graveborn foils, non-foils and other foils, otherwise, it's pure anecdotal evidence or just coincidence.

I've been playing with the graveborn foils and have not noticed any issues, but my whole deck is foil except for 4 seas, 1 bayou, and 1 trop.

Is the rest of your deck foil? I agree that you shouldn't play with them if those are the only foils in your deck, since they can be ruled as marked cards.

Also are you sure it's not a sleeve issue? Older sleeves do get sticky. I use brand new KMC hypermat sleeves every time I play in a major tournament and switch them out after 2 or 3 small tournaments, so I basically replace sleeves every 15 matches or so.
    About 1/3rd is foil, but none of the other foils curl, and none of them are clumping like the graveborn cards.

I too use KMC Hyper Mats, and replace them often. Anyone else having issues with the bottom corners of them peeling in half? Maybe that belongs elsewhere in the forum.

From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 12-17-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke is Good View Post
    I used Graveborn foils before I upgraded to Judge promo then finally to Oddy Foil. I'd probably shuffle a lot more if you are complaining of clumping. The graveborn ones I had did curl a bit so I would flatten them a good amount then put them back into your deck. Also what sleeves are you using?

Don't you find that the KMC Hypermats are a bit sharp on the edges? I got papercuts when I was shuffling my vintage deck the first time at eternal weekend. Also, are you still on the traditional UGb list with petals or are you trying the 4 color build?
    Not really, then again, I have callous all over my hands from weightlifting. They are fine, not the most durable for sure, but they are relatively cheap. I'm still on the traditional build, just really haven't had time to test anything else.

Played a small tournament of four rounds. Went 3:1 with BUG Reanimator.
    Won
    2:0 vs Storm
    In this match i was a had some lucky time. I played a Animate Dead on Griselbrand attacked, he goes off next turn, i draw 14 and countered his Infernal Tutor. GG
    Next match i got duressed away some of my reanimation spells, had a good topdeck with Reanimate and reanimated my Sire of Insanity i played from board(He told me it was the turn before he wanted to start comboing). I attacked a few turns and when he was at 5 life he played chain of Vapor on my sire and bounced it to my hand. I said ok and one or two turns later i reanimated Iona on blue. At this time he had one card, Gitaxian Probe in his hand. He drew Brainstorm and said gg.

2:0 vs Burn
    Two fast matches. The first match was turn two Iona on red...he said gg
    Next match was a little bit slower and he was stucked on one land. He got me down to 9 life i played show and Tell into Griselbrand. He had nothing to put on the battlefield.

1:2 vs Merfolk
    These matches were very interesting. The first match he had a turn one Vial and was quite fast with putting a lot of pressure on me. I tried to push my combo through but he had the force and cursecatchers to stop my combo. On his turn, he played Chalice @1 i had no counter for and i was stucked with all the one drops in hand. At this time i had to do draw & go. He had to much pressure on the board and i couldnt dig fast enough before he put another chalice @2 on the board before i could draw Exhume or animate dead.
    The second match i could reanimate Griselbrand quite fast, stopped his turn 1 vial with Pithing Needle and he scooped two rounds later.
    The last match was the best one for me because i learned the most against him. He had no vials and i went for Elesh quite fast and that was my mistake. He told me that if i had searched for Iona on blue i would have won the match. But i searched for Elesh, reanimated her and one or two turns later, he played Phantasmal Image copying my Elesh and start building an army full of fishes. He rolled over me with too many unblockable fishes.

2:0 vs Merfolk
    Turn two Iona on blue with counter backup..he scooped.
    Next match.. i had three Entombs in my first three turns. He was quite slow. I played Entomb at the end of his first turn he countered it with Swan Song and gave me a cute Bird token. He countered my second entomb pitching force to force and he played Nemesis on his turn. I went for Elesh the turn after wipe his Nemesis and attacked with a 4/4 cute bird token. We played some more rounds with him playing nothing and if he had play something i would have had 2x Force and a Echoing truth. Me attacking each round with Elesh and the 4/4 token. He said gg

The last minute decision was 4 Show & Tell in the sideboard because i was scared of graveyard hate but no one was really prepared for it. :-) They had a cage or relic but not much.
    Was lucky and i liked it :-)

Edit:
    Here is my list:

Creatures:
    3x Hapless Researcher
    1x Grave Titan
    1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1x Archetype of Endurance
    4x Griselbrand
    1x Tidespout Tyrant
    1x Iona, shield of Emeria

Spells:
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Careful Study
    4x Entomb
    4x Reanimate
    4x Exhume
    2x Animate Dead
    4x Daze
    4x Force of Will

Artifacts:
    3x Lotus Petal

Lands:
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Underground Sea
    2x Tropical Island
    2x Swamp
    1x Island

Sideboard:
    1x Surgical Extraction
    1x Aetherling
    1x Sire of Insanity
    1x Inkwell Leviathan
    2x Echoing Truth
    2x Pithing Needle
    3x Abrupt Decay
    4x Show and Tell
    Last edited by Deckerator; 12-21-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Jul 2013
    Italy

This sunday I did 5-2 with 4C Reanimator in a local tournament (73 Player).
    This is the list:
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    3 Griselbrand
    4 Hapless Researcher
    1 Archetype of Endurance
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Entomb
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Force of Will
    3 Izzet Charm
    4 Careful Study
    4 Exhume
    4 Reanimate
    2 Animate Dead
    1 Swamp
    2 Badlands
    2 Tropical Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Duress
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Dread of Night
    2 Pithing Needle
    The list is similar to the Chase Hansen's list, but with few adaptations based on metagame.

Misdirection is good, but with four FoW there are too much cards that need blue pick.
    Thoughtseize is senseless, power Vs Control, overpower Vs combo and a good start card Vs unknown deck.
    Izzet Charm is a Swiss knife and Vs. Deathrite Shaman's deck is essential in maindeck but four copy is too many in my opinion.

My difficulty is siding Vs tier 1...
    I did so:
    UWr Miracles:
    -1 Tidespout Tyrant (could be killed by ReB)
    -1 Reanimate
    -1 Exhume
    -3 Izzet Charm (too expansive)
    -2 Careful Study
    +3 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Pithing Needle
    +2 Duress
    +1 Golgari Charm

D&T:
    -4 Fow
    -4 Reanimate
    +3 Abrupt Decay
    +1 Pyroclasm
    +1 Golgari Charm
    +1 Dread of Night
    +2 Pithing Needle

BUG Shardeless
    -4 Fow
    -2 Animate Dead
    -2 Careful Study
    +3 Abrupt Decay
    +1 Pyroclasm
    +2 Pithing Needle
    +2 Duress

ANT:
    -2 Careful Study
    -2 Animate Dead
    -1 Tidespout Tyrant
    +2 Duress
    +2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Golgari Charm

Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBell View Post
    This sunday I did 5-2 with 4C Reanimator in a local tournament (73 Player).
    Can you tell a bit more against what decks you played?

You could play Tidespout postboard because you can go Archetype and then Tyrant. Tyrant can bounce a lot of their lands and bring them a few turns back.

Jul 2013
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator
    You could play Tidespout postboard because you can go Archetype and then Tyrant. Tyrant can bounce a lot of their lands and bring them a few turns back.
    What MU are you referring to, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator
    Can you tell a bit more against what decks you played?
    I win VS Burn, Shardeless, Soldier, Aluren but lost Vs 4C Delver and *sob* Show&Tell (very unlucky... good MU).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBell View Post
    What MU are you referring to, exactly?
    I talked about miracles. I thought more about this boarding strategy the last few days and i think you are right. (Postboard: -1 Tidespout)
    At first i thought about playing Tidespout and try to bounce as many lands as possible back to their hand.

It would be nice to get a Archetype and a Creature with Gaddock abilties on board to stop their Terminus
    Do they board out Terminus G2?
    Cockatrice: Deckerator
    () Reanimator
    Shardless BUG
    Death&Taxes

Just go Archetype to protect against Karakas, StP and Jace, and then get out Iona on White to stop Terminus. If this board-state occurs, you win.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jul 2013
    Italy

Given that in Italy Miracles is the absolute Tier1, post-side all white removal go out. Miracles play for win the counter-war and it close with jace/mentor/vendilion.
    The first creature I want Reanimate is Iona (for Blue), and if she enter the battlefield 90% of time Miracles "raccoglie" (Thats how we say in Italy).
    The problem is win the Counter-War and RiP/Priest...

You are entitled to your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with you and your idea of how Miracles will board against Reanimator. I play Miracles as well, and I would *never* board put any white removal against Reanimator.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with you and your idea of how Miracles will board against Reanimator. I play Miracles as well, and I would *never* board put any white removal against Reanimator.

I saw one person do this against me at a GP. Showed me he removed all his white removal spells (Including Council's Judgement) at my complete bewilderment. So an evasive fatty easily beat out their removal in the form of Jace.

Most miracles players will (and should) board out a significant amount of their white removal, leaving only a few terminus at most. The reasoning behind this is that removal is not strong against our primary threat, griselbrand, if you are 1 for 1ing us after GB hits the board, you're losing the game, what you want in the matchup is counterspells and a clock, hence boarding out removal for creatures, flusterstorms, and grave hate.
    Last edited by Stryfo; 12-22-2015 at 06:59 PM.

This feels blatantly counter-intuitive. I digress, but I still have my doubts. I have always been able to win with Miracles vs Reanimator via grave hate, removal, countering key spells and landing a threat, normally a Mentor or entreat, and clean it up. I'll try it out, though.

I would be surprised if miracles board out their removal against us. A Terminus paired with Jace can be Game Breaking for them.
    I wanna play this deck at a big "new-year" tournament.
    At the moment I am thinking about few things in this deck. Maybe you can help me :-)

Do i wanna play Daze or Izzet Charm?

I like Daze pushing our combo through their single counter.
    Furthermore i think of playing two copies of "Helm of Obedience" in my sideboard. I try it the next few days...
    I wanna try it because Death&Taxes plays Rest in Peace, some Miracles too. It is another angle to win with their help.

Another idea i had is pyroblast in the board. What do you think about it? I wanna board it against all the blue based decks attacking us with counters hardly..or kill the big Jace.
    Help is greatly appreciated.

Update:

I played a lot matches and the more i play the more i am not convinced of Izzet Charm. CMC 2 (UR) is expensive in this deck.
    I couldn't test Helm of Obedience yet.

What do you think of the idea to change Reanimator G2 to Grixis Delver? :D
    Last edited by Deckerator; 12-29-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    () Reanimator
    Shardless BUG
    Death&Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    What do you guys think of the new Kozilek guy?

Kozilek, The Great Distortion

When you cast Kozilek, if the number of cards in your hand is less than seven, draw cards equal to the difference

Menace

Discard a card from your hand with converted mana cost X: Counter target spell with converted mana cost X

12/12

Non-blue Reanimator decks can definitely use this guy. He can protect himself in a pinch by pitching cmc1 to counter plow, against Storm pitch to counter their rituals, cmc2 counters tutors, extra lands counters LEDs. He's somewhere between Iona and Griselbrand in power level, but he's a 2-turn clock.

I think 10 is a lot of life to lose for something that doesn't auto-win a single specific matchup. I think he's cool, but probably isn't good enough for the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator View Post
    I would be surprised if miracles board out their removal against us. A Terminus paired with Jace can be Game Breaking for them.
    I wanna play this deck at a big "new-year" tournament.
    At the moment I am thinking about few things in this deck. Maybe you can help me :-)

Do i wanna play Daze or Izzet Charm?

I like Daze pushing our combo through their single counter.
    Furthermore i think of playing two copies of "Helm of Obedience" in my sideboard. I try it the next few days...
    I wanna try it because Death&Taxes plays Rest in Peace, some Miracles too. It is another angle to win with their help.

Another idea i had is pyroblast in the board. What do you think about it? I wanna board it against all the blue based decks attacking us with counters hardly..or kill the big Jace.
    Help is greatly appreciated.

Update:

I played a lot matches and the more i play the more i am not convinced of Izzet Charm. CMC 2 (UR) is expensive in this deck.
    I couldn't test Helm of Obedience yet.

What do you think of the idea to change Reanimator G2 to Grixis Delver? :D
    Don't think we have as many cantrips to make Grixis Delver worth it. You could attempt the Young Frankenstein build which uses both the Reanimation package and Young Pyromancer to apply pressure. When I was trying Esper colors in Reanimator I had monastery mentor in my sideboard, but unfortunately Terminus was on an uptick that week.

Yeah i tested it yesterday (the YP + Delver sideboard) and i didnt like it.
    How did the Monastery Mentor SB look like? Did you like it ?
    () Reanimator
    Shardless BUG
    Death&Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator View Post
    Yeah i tested it yesterday (the YP + Delver sideboard) and i didnt like it.
    How did the Monastery Mentor SB look like? Did you like it ?
    My Mentor Board still had a reanimator focus to it though. It was

3 Monastery Mentor
    3 Serenity
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Loyal Retainers
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Sire of Insanity
    1 Darkblast
    1 Thoughtseize

I couldn't justify the white splash enough for me to keep it. My serenties would get countered which defeated the purpose of fighting the hate. I mean its fun as hell to dump lotus petals, entomb, reanimate an elesh Norn with Mentor out but I think it belongs in a different deck shell. I saw back in 2012 in a Japanese Legacy Tournament someone had a Painter transformational board which intrigues me.

Edit: For people still on a lotus petal build and use 15 lands, have you found 3 U. Seas are still sufficient?
    Last edited by Nuke is Good; 01-03-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Thread Information