Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Decided to use Reanimator today with a split into Top 4.

2:1 Burn
    2:1 Stiflenaught with Eldrazi Mimic
    Draw with Death and Taxes (thank god)

Nothing special. The stiflenaught matchup was rather miserable, I only won on the back of Sire of Insanity and my opponent time walking himself by stifling my one land hand. Do the Eldrazi decks even have a silver bullet card at all? Endbringer if it hit the field would have been miserable for me.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke is Good View Post
    Do the Eldrazi decks even have a silver bullet card at all? Endbringer if it hit the field would have been miserable for me.
    I don't see how Griselbrand isn't enough to just outright race them. If you'd need a silver bullet I've included Blazing Archon in my side as local Merfolk is on the rise for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I don't see how Griselbrand isn't enough to just outright race them. If you'd need a silver bullet I've included Blazing Archon in my side as local Merfolk is on the rise for me.

I should have clarified that I wasn't sure how to deal with the Eldrazi Mimics that copy the Dreadnaughts, I lost out against that on game 1 vs stiflenaught. My metagame has become inbred. Three people run dreadnaughts in their builds. I'll probably test either Stormtide or Blazing Archon though.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke is Good View Post
    I should have clarified that I wasn't sure how to deal with the Eldrazi Mimics that copy the Dreadnaughts, I lost out against that on game 1 vs stiflenaught. My metagame has become inbred. Three people run dreadnaughts in their builds. I'll probably test either Stormtide or Blazing Archon though.
    Better idea, become the fourth. Here's your board:
    -Stiflex4
    -Vision Charmx3
    -flex slot (Torpor Orb, Dack Fayden, Vision Charm #4, Trickbind)
    -Phyrexian Dreadnought x4
    -Teferi's Realm x2 (this is replacing abrupt decay)
    -Steady Progress x1 (also replaces abrupt decay, no more chalice on 1)

Tighten your mana base to just UB (maybe 1 red source if you choose dack), 1x Dakmor Salvage (entomb target), 2-3x flip-jace, and go to up to 2-3x Wasteland. Your mana base is 14-16 lands (3x Sea, 1x Island, 1x Swamp, 1x Dakmor, 2-3x Wasteland, 6-7x Deltas and Misty), 4 petal, and 4x entomb for dakmor if things go south.

If you don't want to join in the fun, just put 1x Darkblast (entomb target) to kill the mimic with ability on the stack. It is hard to give advice on "stiflenought" with mimics since that could be ~10+ radically different archetypes.

@Pirateking Best case: Swamp. Entomb Grisel. Reanimate down to 12...oh that's a 12/12. Draw 7 and you're forced to chump with grisel. You're not the only one capable of using petals and a 2 card combo, and they can just as easily suicide a dreadnought turn 1 if they sniff out an exhume.

It is important to understand just how similar Dreadnought is to Reanimator, it's different creatures and different zones...ideologically though they are the same deck. What's more, they are forever bound by Flip-Jace; a card you should only use with Entomb and/or Stifle in your deck (unless you're playing vintage).

MTGGoldfish
    Jan 2015
    Vermont USA

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Blazing Archon has been great for me when I've needed it. I have it in my sideboard.

I played through two of the Legacy Leagues with Reanimator so far, and the first one went poorly. After crushing the first game, I just kept having match after match where my deck lost to itself. I'd die with four reanimation spells in hand and no creatures to target, things of that nature. I did make a few errors in that play through, but not enough to account for such a poor record.

Then I played through a second one with a nearly identical build. I again lost the first round to a poor draw, I kept playing matches though and didn't lose a single game after that, finishing 4-1. IT's not terrible, and the match I lost could easily have been a win with a pair of decent draws. I was pretty impressed with the number of times I beat Deathrite Shaman, I think 3-4 of my opponents were playing it.

Instead of playing a main deck Animate Dead, I have one Show and Tell. Show and Tell can come in handy when you're unable to counter a Deathrite Shaman or Scavenging Ooze, or when your opponent has Chalice of the Void on one, shutting off Reanimate and Entomb/Careful Study. Also Show and Tell pitches to Force of Will, which is huge in my opinion. The deck has a ton of black cards, so I find it hard to have Force online sometimes.

Also in the main deck is one Echoing Truth. I've been thinking about swapping this out for a Pithing Needle, because several of the cards I have Truth for could also be dealt with by using Needles. The main reasons I've kept Echoing Truth in are that it pitches to Force of Will, it bounces fatties in mirror matches or pseudo-mirrors (this has surprised a TON of people and been great), and it can sweep other creatures or tokens in a pinch. Also it could potentially bounce a Chalice of the Void, Trinisphere, or any number of problematic permanents. It can't stop Karakas though, which is why I keep wanting to find room for a main deck Pithing Needle.

In the first run through the League I played two Thoughtseize, the second time I played three as you can see in the picture. Thoughtseize was pretty great, but I find myself sideboarding it out sometimes. Not because it's bad against that many decks, but because I need space for Needles, Decays, or whatever. Taking out too many blue cards makes Force bad, and taking out too many parts of the Reanimation spells also neuters the deck. I guess I'm still working on solidifying the plan I'm going to use each time. I hate cutting Thoughtseize as it is almost like a counterspell, but something has to give.

*** Someone mentioned Sphinx of the Final Word as an alternative to Archetype of Endurance. I'm testing it now to see how it goes, but I'm not sure about it. I like that it's blue for FOW, but I am still unsure. You're never going to be casting a seven mana spell in a deck with 14 lands and four lotus petals. That said I can imagine reanimating this would be sweet, especially since you're going to have free reign to reanimate other stuff afterwards.
    Team America F$%& Yeah!

Hey guys, quick question. I'm new to the deck and am playing a pretty stock BUg list. The question is, in the Miracles matchup what do you usually side out to bring in Show and Tells? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch253 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm new to the deck and am playing a pretty stock BUg list. The question is, in the Miracles matchup what do you usually side out to bring in Show and Tells? Thanks!
    Daze is less good against Miracles, they'll enjoy enough mana that they won't typically tap out except for a turn 2 Counterbalance. Careful Study is less good with Show and Tell, so some number of those could be cut as well. Hand disruption becomes better, so that should stay and any in the board should come in as well. Obviously if you have Boseiju, Who Shelters All, those come in as well.

If you're running a BUG list, Abrupt Decay on Counterbalance plus Thoughtseize/Duress should be enough to land a non-legendary creature like Inkwell Leviathan and then holding a Force for Terminus.

I am struggling to finish my Reanimator because I can't get the duals anywhere *sigh*

This is where I'm at:

4x Lotus Petal
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Ponder
    4x Careful Study
    4x Entomb
    4x Reanimate
    1x Thoughtseize
    1x Animate Dead
    4x Exhume
    3x Daze
    2x Show and Tell
    4x Force of Will
    3x Griselbrand
    1x Tidespout Tyrant
    1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1x Grave Titan

Lands
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Darkslick Shores
    1x Island
    2x Swamp
    1x Tropical Island
    1x Bayou
    1x Watery Grave
    2x Flooded Strand

Sideboard:
    2x Duress
    2x Pithing Needle
    2x Flusterstorm
    3x Abrupt Decay
    2x Massacre
    1x Dread of Night
    2x Show and Tell
    1x Inkwell Leviathan

Any advise on how to improve the manabase to reduce the effect of not having U Seas will be greatly appreciated. It's hard to run shocklands when playing 4 Reanimates...

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by tarmogoat View Post
    Any advise on how to improve the manabase to reduce the effect of not having U Seas will be greatly appreciated. It's hard to run shocklands when playing 4 Reanimates...
    Sunken Hollow might be ok, though you may want +1 fetch. River of Tears probably plays better with a strategy that wants 2 basics in play than Darkslick Shores.

If i were you i would add 2 Verdant Catacombs. (Fetch for black or postboard fetch for the tropical/bayou)
    8 fetches without many duals seems better. I think your first fetch can be a watery grave. 2 life isnt a problem. Maybe you can add a second watery grave but that is your decision. If you fetch for the second land you can fetch on basics. I often do this because i am scared of wasteland^^ darkslick shores seems great because you dont need more then two lands. We have a low curve and play petals.
    Cockatrice: Deckerator
    () Reanimator
    Shardless BUG
    Death&Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Sunken Hollow might be ok, though you may want +1 fetch. River of Tears probably plays better with a strategy that wants 2 basics in play than Darkslick Shores.
    The thing about hollow is that is slow, as I want to fetch untapped for EoT Entomb or Brainstorm, or my own turn to Thoughtseize/Ponder/Study or even Reanimate/Exhume/Animate/S&T. It gives up the big plays like Griselbrand or the Iona/Elesh Norn 'lock' free wins in T2 or T1 if you open with that as your only land.
    I tried River of Tears but sometimes you find yourself needing BB for Entomb + Reanimation or Thoughtseize + Reanimation for protection and if you don't hit a land drop you're screwed. It usually doesn't give you the color you need when you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator View Post
    If i were you i would add 2 Verdant Catacombs. (Fetch for black or postboard fetch for the tropical/bayou)
    8 fetches without many duals seems better. I think your first fetch can be a watery grave. 2 life isnt a problem. Maybe you can add a second watery grave but that is your decision. If you fetch for the second land you can fetch on basics. I often do this because i am scared of wasteland^^ darkslick shores seems great because you dont need more then two lands. We have a low curve and play petals.
    I think I could drop 2 Strands and move to 2 Catacombs, it does make a lot of sense. Not sure about a second Shockland though. I'm also considering Underground River and rainbow lands. I've even come to thing about the old 3 colored Lairs (Crosis's Catacombs and Dromar), but seem too weak as they rely on other prvious land drops or a leap of faith of sacrificing it like a petal.

May 2015
    PDX

You could also consider Tainted Isle...maybe it's ok as a 1x? Still it's going to be rough playing daze with only 2 lands (island and trop) as targets; I don't see this ending well for you even if you're preserving 2 life from each play of a shock.

You could also consider Tainted Isle...maybe it's ok as a 1x? Still it's going to be rough playing daze with only 2 lands (island and trop) as targets; I don't see this ending well for you even if you're preserving 2 life from each play of a shock.
    That's my fear too! Also tried Tainted Isle but it translates to mulligan as the only land in opener. That's why darkslick shores is so amazing, it works marvels. If only it could be bounced with daze T_T. There's 3 actual islands in the deck 1 Trop, 1 Watery and 1 Island, with 7 fetches so technically 10/14 lands are islands (except they're not). It being though to play it like this and I don't know if it can be improved. The supremacy of Grixis Delver and BUG delver, the rise of UR Delver and Eldrazi, the slight raise in burn all indicates me that I should go away from playing shocklands, but I guess I still have to play at least 2 of them :(.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

If you already have Trop you can get away by playing basics and a heavy petal build. You'd probably have to cut dazes though, which a lot of people already don't like.

I've been having surprising success with this list lately:

3 Griselbrand
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Grave Titan
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Bayou
    1 Tundra
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    1 Animate Dead
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Show and Tell
    4 Entomb
    4 Careful Study
    3 Daze
    3 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will

SB:

3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Serenity
    1 Teferi's Realm
    1 Mindshrieker
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Keranos, God of Storms
    2 Show and Tell
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Spell Pierce

Mindshrieker has been a beast for me lately, it's easy to cast and post-board a lot people board out Decay and Bolts, so they have a lot of trouble to deal with the bird. It also works as a milling engine, so while your opponent needs to take care of that thing, you are already setting yourself up. Serenities and Realm are a response to the Eldrazi decks although to be honest I feel that that matchup is favorable for us, you just need to take care of Warping Wail.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    Serenities and Realm are a response to the Eldrazi decks although to be honest I feel that that matchup is favorable for us, you just need to take care of Warping Wail.
    They are until the moment the popular consensus shifts towards the white build, then it becomes an absolute nightmare. I keep checking results and the threads to see where they're headed, but for the moment its a zoo over there, so who knows.

Where would you use Teferi's Realm? How is it used?

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Damaku View Post
    You'd use it against taxing or locking elements of your opponent's deck. So if you're being bothered by Counterbalance, Rest in Peace, Chalice of the Void, Ensnaring Bridge, Thalia, Maze of Ith and things like that, you can phase those things out and play your turn unmolested.

It's the blue City of Solitude essentially, lets you negate one type of card, at the cost of the symmetrical effect that could come to bite you in the ass.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Damaku View Post
    Choose artifact: reanimate through cage. cast through chalice.
    Choose enchantment: no longer symmetrical, stock yard through RiP/Leyline
    Choose creature: reanimate through Containment Priest
    Choose land: you need to be on Tin-Fins (instant speed reanimation), or it beats Maze/Chasm.

Hey folks, I recently came across this mono-black list from GP Kyoto that got 3rd.
    http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=9593&d=255101&f=LE

Do you think this was luck, or is this a solid list?

Choose artifact: reanimate through cage. cast through chalice.
    Choose enchantment: no longer symmetrical, stock yard through RiP/Leyline
    Choose creature: reanimate through Containment Priest
    Choose land: you need to be on Tin-Fins (instant speed reanimation), or it beats Maze/Chasm.
    Thank you guys! I somehow got it in my head that it only phases my permanents. This is actually verry sweet!

For the Eldrazi i worked succesfully with stormetide. I think he has a slot in my side now.

Thread Information