Page 99 of 133 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    When piloting combo: if you're not winning, you're losing. Having this card in hand/drawing it does not help you win from a goldfish perspective. It is also just a plain dead card against combo (3 most represented archetypes from mtgtop8 in this category are Storm, SnT, and Reanimator). "Bad" cards can always be situationally amazing...but when they're bad, they're awful. You have to really know your local meta to mainboard cards like this and disproportionately get rewarded, because you're losing game 1 win %age when you do it in a general sense.
    Maybe maybe. But: I regard Reanimator not as a goldfish deck. "When piloting combo: if you're not winning, you're losing." > I don't want to misunderstand you here but an exaggeration would be: "Let us cut discard spells in ANT because they do nothing to for the combo." > Because I don't need discard spells against certain decks. > Then Duress is aweful. Sure. With eight main deck counterspells, I feel like one can "control" the game state quite a bit. I played only two Decays main (two in SB as well) and they help to interact not only on the stack but also disrupt the opponent on the ground. I feel like Deathrite/Chalice/Counterbalance to name a few are too dangerous to let them unchecked or to simply put all the trust in playing around/FoW/Daze.
    Of all the decks in Legacy (most known) you just named the two where Decay might be worse than Thoughtseize or other common choices(certainly not worse than SnT against SnT decks). Although even against ANT it might get some utility when they play out their LEDs (which they should). And: There is still Brainstorm. (I know; not the best argument. Don't take it too serious.)
    Randomly enought, I won 2-0 against ANT yesterday (player who visits the city, didn't know him) but that's pretty much irrelevant data.

In the end, I was just wondering.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

When piloting combo: if you're not winning, you're losing.
    "If you a'int first, you're last"

That there phrase is trademarked, not to be used without express written permission of Ricky Bobby, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

May 2015
    PDX

The difference with discard is that there are almost no decks out there that throw away their hands and also have no reanimation targets (or inexplicably jam quad Leyline of Sanctity). Also a card like Thoughtseize can be turned against one-self, just as in ANT you will eventually come across the need to strip your own hand with Cabal Therapy to go Hellbent with IT. Mainboard Duress in reanimator is a bit more sketchy even though it keeps up the life total; you use this card and you're signing up for the possibility that it will cost you games. Cards like Izzet Charm and Collective Brutality are safer maindeck options, but cmc/Wasteland susceptibility becomes a concern.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Abrupt Decay in the main is a fine meta call, but that's based on your meta. But against an unknown opponent, Thoughtseize will do work more often. It's just less dead.
    If you don't have any unknown opponents because it's a small store or you're telepathic, then the math gets all skewed.

An aside; in Reanimator, mana for mana, Izzet Charm does a whole lot more for us than Abrupt Decay. Abrupt Decay is good at what it does, and I'm not advocating it's removal, but examples of G1 Deathrite Shaman as arguments for Abrupt Decay in the main are better served by Izzet Charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    An aside; in Reanimator, mana for mana, Izzet Charm does a whole lot more for us than Abrupt Decay. Abrupt Decay is good at what it does, and I'm not advocating it's removal, but examples of G1 Deathrite Shaman as arguments for Abrupt Decay in the main are better served by Izzet Charm.
    I understand your points.

Actually, I'd say that it's the other way around in this example because while both being 1/2 oncolour + 1/2 splashcolour cc2 spells, I don't want to fight over my spot removal (No one would play the Charm without leaving mana open for Daze or whatever in a 'regular' scenario or any form of backup plan). Surely, Decay's isn't the best card but theoretically speaking it provides mb outs to cards that are extremly dangerous for Reanimator preboard but then again I am lacking any kind of experience since I've been playing it for the first time this year. (Played it several times last year/years to troll the local guys.) Also played the red version with Charms main and Blast SB > didn't like it.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    I understand your points.

Actually, I'd say that it's the other way around in this example because while both being 1/2 oncolour + 1/2 splashcolour cc2 spells, I don't want to fight over my spot removal (No one would play the Charm without leaving mana open for Daze or whatever in a 'regular' scenario or any form of backup plan). Surely, Decay's isn't the best card but theoretically speaking it provides mb outs to cards that are extremly dangerous for Reanimator preboard but then again I am lacking any kind of experience since I've been playing it for the first time this year. (Played it several times last year/years to troll the local guys.) Also played the red version with Charms main and Blast SB > didn't like it.
    Izzet charm does more than this collective brutality, being an instant and all.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Playing around DRS is a skill that will elevate you as a Reanimator pilot. It's a thorny annoyance, but it's far from a game lock. Bolting the DRS isn't the only way Izzet Charm will beat DRS. Responding to removal with Exhume on the stack with draw & discard is a trick as old as the deck.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Playing around DRS is a skill that will elevate you as a Reanimator pilot. It's a thorny annoyance, but it's far from a game lock. Bolting the DRS isn't the only way Izzet Charm will beat DRS. Responding to removal with Exhume on the stack with draw & discard is a trick as old as the deck.
    Yeah, I know similar interactions from playing TinFins with Entomb/Shallow Grave tricks and the Shaman.
    Apart from that, I like it how you guys respond quite fast even when the thread is not the "loudest" on the source.
    I might play it on Saturday, again, with Decays and see what's going to happen. My meta is pretty diverse with Delverdecks being the most common, then some midrange stuff, and usually only me playing a combo deck.
    = certainly a meta call. I admit.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    I might play it on Saturday
    Nice to know that, man. I appreciate.

It seems that the deck is viable even without Show and Tell. Am I completely wrong?
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    Nice to know that, man. I appreciate.

It seems that the deck is viable even without Show and Tell. Am I completely wrong?
    It won't help you.

I'd definitely say so.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Show and Tell is there to go above the hate. It's an answer to Leyline of the Void, and very helpful in the Miracles matchup where they have so many decay targets and surgical as well.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Show and Tell is by no means a must have, myself and a few others have had success without it. Read back a few pages and I have posts breaking down my dislike for it in this deck. Currently it will probably perform better, without the delve fueled Omniscience decks everywhere, we're not being hit by collateral sideboard hate. Still, not a card I'm running.

Well D&T just received awesome new tech. With this tutoring for stuff like Containment Priest and Stonecloaker.... it seems that Reanimator is gonna face tough times ahead... Collective Brutality hasn't seemed to make any splash at all :(

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I don't know, a 3 mana tutor means you'll see it coming, even in they do try and Vial in their silver bullet it's a slow solution to a fast deck.

Quote Originally Posted by RNGesus View Post
    Well D&T just received awesome new tech. With this tutoring for stuff like Containment Priest and Stonecloaker.... it seems that Reanimator is gonna face tough times ahead... Collective Brutality hasn't seemed to make any splash at all :(
    The card is slow, reanimator is fast. Even show and tell is faster.

Play more Massacre.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Reanimator has always had access to Dread of Night and Massacre. Just sideboard some hate if D&T is common.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by RNGesus View Post
    Too slow...

May 2015
    PDX

I'd be much more concerned about whatever R/W painter decks are called now, the recruiter playset just dropped by ~$2500. Turbo Moon should be much more concerning. Lotus Petals are back in. Aluren is the other thing to consider, but if they're going white...actually that's just strictly better than red. Either way, think about those before DnT; not a bad time to get Tundra. (obviously you can't tutor for a 1/3, but it won't stop people from trying the budget approach)
    Last edited by Fox; 08-16-2016 at 10:10 PM.

I'd be much more concerned about whatever R/W painter decks are called now, the recruiter playset just dropped by ~$2500. Turbo Moon should be much more concerning. Lotus Petals are back in. Aluren is the other thing to consider, but if they're going white...actually that's just strictly better than red. Either way, think about those before DnT; not a bad time to get Tundra. (obviously you can't tutor for a 1/3, but it won't stop people from trying the budget approach)
    Painter and Aluren are not even threats. I wouldn't worry about that... if I can chose between those and a DRS deck, I'd pick those decks in a heartbeat so I would say I'm feeling pretty good about the current meta shift.

On another note, I recently switched from 2 massacre to a 1/1 split with Darkblast. I'm trying some shenanigans with entomb and it hasn't worked as well as I had hoped it would so far. Anyone else tried it?
    Also with Prelate and THC being things now, it feels like there's less and less x/1s in white decks. I've used darkblast to get rid of those but it just feels much slower and clunkier than it should be.

Painter can turn 2 you and if it's the blue red one they can do it after stopping you. I think its a mistake to ignore it since the new tutor was printed, and that made imperials drop in price, and im pretty sure they havent dropped to their lowest point yet. Aluren will be a lot better than it was, but DnT will give it lots of problems, so I don't think it will stick around as any kind of player in the top or middle tiers of the meta. I think reanimator is actually on its way out, to be honest.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thread Information