Page 34 of 133 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Worldslayer View Post
    Not that a comment that short really merits response, but fuck it, I'm feeling froggy.

1) Jin Gitaxias is a smaller body for four more mana. Though the actual mana cost is usually irrelevant, I have casted Sire fairly regularly. Four life is also four life.

2) Jin is actually much more vulnerable than Sire in a format where REB and the like are borderline maindeckable cards.

3) Karakas. If you're playing reanimator and have two similar creatures, one of which is legendary, you opt for the nonlegendary. The less Karakas irritates you game 1, the better. Since Sire is actually my game 1 go to against Karakas decks, I'd prefer him to not be legendary and bounced off the top.

Jin hasn't been playable since Griselbrand, and was questionable before that.
    Ya, your right...thx for answering like that!

I sincerely forgot that Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur was legendary. I focused myself on the "go for seven cards and discard opo hand" jin has and at worst you can pitch it to FoW. But as your said, griselda supply it role quite well.....at cost of 7 life but it's indeed ok.
    Anyway im not maindeckig jin or sire....my fatties nowadays are:

4 Griselbrand
    1 Elesh norn
    1 Iona
    1 Tyrant

SB fatties:

Blazing archon
    Asher Rider

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Hi,

I wanted to share a list which is more focused on actual meta filled with tempo decks and controls:

4 Entomb
    4 Reanimate
    4 Force of Will
    4 Careful Study
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    4 Exhume
    1 Animate Dead
    2 Unmask
    2 Treasure Cruise
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Watery Grave
    2 Foil
    2 Misdirection
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Hapless Researcher
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Show and Tell
    //SB
    1 Grave Titan
    4 Pithing Needle
    1 Inkwell Leviathan
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Ashen Rider
    2 Thoughtsieze
    2 Show and Tell

Aim:

More focused on speed but still containing proper count of disruption and countermagic - to have answers vs MD answers like Shaman. I also want to fill gap which occure quite often - not drawing hardcounter vs removal after drawing 7 cards from Grisel.

cards selection and explanations:

creatures:
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Iona
    1 Tyrant
    1 Elesh

It's rather standard, only 4 of Grisel can be debatable - but IMO its still the best target to reanimate specially in this build which focused on permission.

Enablers and combo:
    4 Entomb
    4 Careful
    1 Hapless Researcher - this dude was used in few list and prove to be very good - worth a slot as instant speed enabler and blocker (specially with 7 creature build)
    2 Foils - this one is new (or rather very oldschool) it brings more permission and also speed which can be very good specially on draw. Running Foils bring restriction on mana base which was not easy to set up properly between Island count (12) and fetchlands (5) needed to shuffle after brainstorm.

4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    1 Animate Dead - with Decay's running all around its actually the worst reanimation
    1 Show and Tell - running one MD - thinking to bump to 2 but still need to test what to cut - sometimes he just played turn 1 shaman or RiP with protection which you can't handle normally and need to go other route

disrupt and permission - this configuration is totally new

I hate dazes since they so fast useless mostly - any good player can just overplay them, they also useless mostly after turn 1-2. Mostly you need two mana to go of with dazes this mean timewalk for opponent.
    Thoughtsieze - its very very good (effect) but mostly this mean after reanimating one set of 7 cards less which I also don't like - anti-synergy.

4 Force of Will
    2 Misdirection - works well vs permission, removal or discard
    2 Foils - great but not more then 2, works good as discard outlet poor in multiple
    2 Unmask - to have thoughtsieze effect - which really works. Works great even without mana which many times occur after combo.

Since 10 cards are almost always 2 for 1 we need support when opponent draws to well - new cards from Khans works great here:

2 Treasure Cruise - still not decide is it worth - we fill gy very very fast - with 10 free spells and careful study with can easy play it turn 2-3.

4 Brainstorm - not need to explain
    0 Ponder - this is probably questionable - TC occupies those slots, I mostly don't like too many cantrips in reanimator since it works on when go of turn 2, after its mostly game for opponent (Liliana, Jaces etc) so cantriping to assemble combo is sometimes dead end route.

Manabase:
    18 lands total - losing to stifle, or waste is not an option.
    3 Basics
    6 duals
    4 Shocklands
    5 fetches

Colors:
    14 black sources
    17 Blue sources
    7 green sources - used only to sb, 1 source in sb.

SB:

Main threads - gy hate:

1. Permanent-based:

RiP

Artifact hate (Crypt, Relic, Spellbomb)

Deathrite Shaman

Ooze

Only most of them works Needle or Decay.
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Abrupt Decay

Spell based:

Surgical Extraction
    Permission

Countermagic - MD mostly enough.

Other

Ensnaring Bridge

Counterbalance - can really fast lock down - Abrupt resolve it.

Liliana - Abrupt and Needle also works here.

Karakas - Needle

Filling creatures to some matchups:
    Grave Titan - works very well vs S&T and BUG (which is very though MU).
    Raider - as removal and mirror
    Inkwell - Lands (heavy Maze MU).

S&T - too focused on anti-gy hate decks - look out in MU which can running Humility.

I took Reanimator to SCG New Jersey today because I was missing a card in Jund but wasn't sure what it was and time was running short. I dunno if that ended up being a good thing or bad thing. I've come to the conclusion I'm bad at this deck/using counterspells in general. Record 3-4

My list:

Main Deck (60)
    Creatures (7)
    1 Empyrial Archangel
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    Spells (37)
    2 Lotus Petal
    1 Spell Pierce
    2 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    4 Entomb
    4 Reanimate
    1 Animate Dead
    2 Daze
    4 Exhume
    2 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    Lands (16)
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Island
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Underground Sea
    Sideboard (15)
    1 Ancient Tomb
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Chain of Vapor
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Duress
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Gilded Drake
    2 Show and Tell
    1 Grave Titan

Round 1 TES
    G1 I drop an Underground Sea and he goes storm 14 on me T1.
    SB
    -1 Elesh Norn
    +3 Duress
    +1 Flusterstorm
    -1 Animate Dead
    -1 Exhume
    -1 Reanimate
    G2
    In my infinite wisdom I decided to keep a hand where I could go the SnT plan on turn 3 but I had no mana open for the lone spell pierce so I get tendriled on turn 2.

Round 2 RUG Delver
    G1 He sticks a nimble mongoose so I immediately knew what I was dealing with and was dreading what was to come since I kept a hand full of fetches. I got stifled to no end and I got beaten in by a Goyf.
    -1 Animate Dead
    -2 Exhume
    -1 Reanimate
    -1 Entomb
    -2 Careful Study
    +2 Chain of Vapor
    +1 Ancient Tomb
    +1 City of Traitors
    +2 Show and Tell
    +1 Flusterstorm
    G2
    I walked into his counters big time. I casted Reanimate twice in a turn only to get forced and dazed. I did manage to get a Griselbrand in the graveyard but my health was already down to 5 so my Reanimate was of no use. I just remember I took a V. Clique to the face and a lightning bolt for lethal.

Round 3 Doomsday
    G1 He drops a Underground Sea and a SDT which made me wonder what he had so on my turn I thoughtseized him and saw predicts, dark ritual, and doomsday. I had no idea how that deck works so I decided to go after doomsday itself. I show and tell an Iona naming Black thinking I had the game, the next turn he uses chain of vapors on it. For the next few turns he spins the tops and cantrips. I managed to use Careful Study to put an Empyrial Archangel in the graveyard to exhume it that same turn. The archangel gets me the win after 4 turns of swinging.
    SB
    -1 Elesh Norn
    -2 Daze
    -1 Reanimate
    -1 Animate Dead
    -1 Exhume
    -1 Entomb
    +2 Chain of Vapors
    +1 Echoing Turth
    +3 Duress
    G2 I keep a hand with 2 duresses, an Underground Sea, two brainstorms, and a force.
    Turn 1 He cabal therapy calling force of will. I then for the next two turns used duress. He is stuck with a underground sea for a while.I removed his force and doomsday again. Turn 4 or so I had a thoughtseize and decided to thoughtseize myself to put Griselbrand in the yard. Casting reanimate on Russel Brand. He was going to cast SDT I payed 7 for 7 cards and spell pierced. After that he was jut drawing cards until griselbrand ended the game.

Round 4 Junk
    G1 Feeling good I do a show and tell only to see a Baneslayer Angel vs my Griselbrand. With the angel in play I couldn't do much he got out a Courser of Kruphix and just started expanding his board really fast. I exhumed another Empyrial Archangel but eventually Sun Titan came out and he just had so many creatures out I couldn't do anything.
    SB
    I do not remember I do remember just using the SnT Plan
    I don't remember my moves I do remember him sacing his academy rector to bring out a humility. And I was just desperately looking for my Chain of Vapors and Echoing Truths to no avail.

Round 5 Sneak and Show
    G1 I had an amazing hand: Show and Tell, Underground Sea, Lotus Petal x2, Griselbrand, Daze, Force of Will. I did show and tell and I see an opposing Emakrul.
    SB
    +1 Gilded Drake
    +1 Flusterstorm
    +2 Chain of Vapors
    +2 Duress
    +2 Pithing Needle
    -1 Animate Dead
    -2 Entomb
    -1 Reanimate
    -3 Careful Study
    -1 Elesh Norn
    G2 I kept a sketchy hand but had thoughtseize and a duress. His second turn I see the Boseiju land card which made me a little sad. We both end up goldfishing for seriously like 6 turns until he just dumps three lotus petals and Sneak Attack I try to counter it with Force but he uses an uncounter force. Then I face the wrath of Emakrul and Griselbrand.

Little did I know in this matchup they board out their show and tells so gilded drake was a dead card.

Round 6 Elves
    G1 On the end of his first turn I see a Quiron Ranger so I knew what I had to do. I entombed an elesh norn and exhumed it resulting in a scoop.
    -1 Reanimate
    -1 Animate Dead
    -3 Thoughtseize
    -2 Entomb
    +2 Show and Tell
    +2 Chain of Vapor
    +1 Echoing Truth
    +2 Pithing Needle

G2 I made a huge series of misplays. I discarded both Griselbrands from a careful study, then he ripped my hand apart with cabal therapies. Deathrite Shaman basically killed me with the -2 life.
    G3 I mull to 6 and he mulls to 5. I cast a turn 2 SnT and Iona on Green. Next turn turns he tries to search for an answer but cannot.

Round 7 Jund Depths
    G1 As soon as I saw the Taiga I assumed it was Belcher and was bracing for the worst, he passed turn and I was confuddled. I thoughtseized and took away a crop rotation then immediately knew I was dealing a Lands deck. I cast show and tell and with Iona naming green. I swing with Iona for the next few turns to victory.
    Sideboard
    +2 Pithing Needle
    +2 Chain of Vapor
    +1 Echoing Truth
    +1 Grave Titan
    -1 Elesh Norn
    -2 Daze
    -1 Animate Dead
    -2 Exhume
    G2 He cabal therapies me naming echoing truth getting my only sideboard card out of hand. I entomb a grave titan reanimate it. Manage to get him to 7 life and when I was about to swing for lethal activates thespian's stage and brings out the Marit Lage token killing my titan as well as abrupt decaying one of my tokens. On my turn I exhume Empyrial archangel. On my opponent's turn he tries to cast Liliana but I manage to force it. He cracked fetches around this point that drops him to five. I cast Chain of Vapors on the token and swing for lethal with the Archangel.

I don't get to play magic much these days so I can't get enough practice in. I admit I'm bad at the game but I had fun. My future plans for the deck.

Grave Titan a hell of a job. I might consider maindecking it.
    Gilded Drake I thought would be a good idea against show and tell as it was hardcastable as well as a nice way to fight back against another Emakrul only to find out SnT gets boarded out.
    Sire of Insanity to sideboard seems promising on hating storm.
    I saw so many BUG decks that it makes me considering cutting animate dead for another spell pierce.
    My opponents apparently found it surprising that I never really went for entombing Griselbrands. I mean sure Griselbrand is an amazing card but I liked going for the silver bullet instead of a universal answer. Having 4 of them anyway makes it nice for careful study pitches/show and tell targets.
    I didn't play death and taxes at all today but I think Massacre might be nice to include.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Looks like the most common mistake was not reading opponent and scenerio how to react vs them. Playing on blind is the shortest way to lose. How to fix it - just playing dozens of games vs random opponents until nothing would be suprised.

Oct 2013
    Binghamton, NY

Hey Guys, My names Jake Moldowsky, and i came in 2nd at this weekend's Legacy open with reanimator. Before playing the deck for about a month prior to the event, i read this thread pretty tentatively to get an idea of how to construct and play the deck. So thank you for contributing to the thread to all who did. Secondly, i have somewhat of a tournament report to publish below. Forgive me if i don't remember matches to the card, because most games were relatively midranged throughout the day. The deck is so powerful, that I felt that i would finish well with the deck regardless of how well I drew, which was not particularly well for the first 5 rounds. I don't think i even stuck a creature before turn 3 for those first rounds, regardless the games were still quite lopsided.

Heres my list for reference:

1 Sire of Insanity
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Tidespout Tyrant

4 Thoughtseize
    3 Ponder
    4 Careful Study
    4 Entomb
    4 Daze
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Exhume
    4 Reanimate
    3 Lotus Petal
    4 Force of Will

4 Polluted Delta
    1 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

Sideboard
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Duress
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Blazing Archon
    1 Crippling Fatigue
    1 Aetherling

I liked almost everything about this list, especially the configuration of the creature package. The main deck sire was unbelievable throughout the day, and i wouldn't replace it for anything. The 4 daze, 3 petal, 15 land package felt correct throughout the day. I really only like petal in the deck for the match ups where playing around pierce/flusterstorm/daze is necessary, and found myself boarding it out pretty actively.

With that, the board after the event could definitely be different. The blazing archon was very very good, often being a second elesh norn, but as well being important in match ups like death and taxes as well as all delver decks and mono-red sneak attack. I never cast aetherling, but i think that it is probably good. Against miracles, it can be very important to resolve an early griselbrand or sire, because they often lack the resources to deal with these threats on turns 2-3. After those turns though, through a combination of fetch lands with brainstorm, top and jace, terminus, red blast and swords can often dispatch our guys at a reasonable rate. This happens especially because i often like to board some amount of dazes out on the draw in these longer drawn mach ups. This is where i wanted Aethering, because granted you are able to assemble about 3 blue sources, he is basically unkillable. Im not sure what this spot could be if not Aetherling, but since nothing comes to mind, ill probably continue with him.
    Spell pierce was not very impressive, and i think could definitely be another discard spell or two. They are invaluable against the delver decks, as i think the role you often have to take is the proactive type. it is very difficult to kill them through a hand with no information on their permission, and is often futile to try to fight them after board, as their counter magic is much better than ours. Duress and seize on the play can snag cage and death rite type cards, and on the draw can dismantle their counter magic. I was very impressed with duress all day.

The decay plan was fantastic. Other than being able to masquerade as shardless bug or bug delver game one for turns before going off, the decays covered almost all of the bases. Other than leyline of the void, decay clears basically everything, and is able to alleviate the pressure from the delver decks, and kill counterbalances. I wouldn't play show and tell because of the implications of turning on their hate. Cards like humility and ashen rider are embarrassing when your opponent isn't casting show and tell. Decay was fantastic.

Round one: Mono red Sneak attack
    2-0
    Game one played out interestingly when on the play my opponent played a turn one trinisphere off of a tomb and spirit guide. This led to me passing for the first three turns. He neglected to play a land until his turn four, and by then i had cast careful study and reanimated my griselbrand. He then played a city of traitors and tried through the breach, which resolved and put grislebrand into play. Locked by his own trinisphere, he drew cards to nine and then passed. i attacked him, and with only an ancient tomb and a city in play, he conceded on two.

Game two he played a mountain and passed, and then i dressed his chalice of the void. He played a land and passed. I careful studied, binning an iona, and then thoughtsiezed his through the breach. he played a land, and then i put an iona into play. Named red, and he conceded.

Round Two: Ur Omnitell
    2-0
    Game one, he cast an early show and tell. I dazed and he forced. Looking like bug delver is invaluable. He put in emrakul, and I griselbrand. I untapped, drew 14 cards, and reanimated a tidespout tyrant, bouncing his emrakul off of a petal. He died.

Game two, this one was long and drawn out as we bricked a reasonable amount after stripping his hand of all relevant action. On the last turn of the game, i dressed his force of will, and then forced his force on my sire of insanity in the yard. It hit play, and because that deck cannot win without a combination of 2 cards, he died in eventuality.

Round Three:
    0-2
    Game one, on the draw i keep:

Underground Sea, Bayou, Swamp, Daze, Reanimate, Elesh Norn, Griselbrand.

Now, there are many advantages and disadvantages to this hand. The immediate plan is to draw for turn, then discard. On turn two we can play underground sea and reanimate, with daze up. If our opponent is on a creature deck, that griselbrand can be replaced with elesh norn. The disadvantages include our opponent not playing a spell on turn one, and then force of willing or dazing our reanimate, or a turn one death rite shaman off a green source. I think that regardless of what happened, that this hand was a very reasonable keep considering the odds that our opponent is not a death rite shaman deck, and that even if they are, that they don't lead with one.

My opponent, playing elves plays bayou, deathrite.

We fiddle around for a few turns, playing only bayou and swamp to keep him in the dark to an extent, and our opponent kills us on turn three or so leaving up death rite bayou one way or another every turn.

Game Two:
    We keep a hand relying on double ponder and a brainstorm to find us a way to pair our in-hand elesh norn with our reanimate. We brick on 18 or so cards before dying.

Round four: Mono red Burn
    2-0
    Game one, we put grielbrand into play on turn two on the draw strictly because of goblin guide giving us a free card on turn one.

Game two, he had no permission or hate, so we put a grielbrand into play again on turn two, and then we daze his sulfuric vortex.

This matchup is very, very good. Just be aware of vortex and how much damage you take off of reanimate. Bring in decay for pressure, vortex and cage/relic.

Round Five: Miracles
    2-0
    Game one, We have a very reasonable hand with force, blue card, thoughtsieze and the combo. We take it slow after seeing counterbalance off of the seize, and stick a turn three sire on the play. He looses his hand and concedes.

Game two, We abrupt decay his rest in peace on turn two, and kill him somewhere on turn four with grielbrand after duressing and seizing his reactionary spells.

Round Six: Reid Duke (Camera) Miracles
    2-0
    This match is in the archives, and i strongly recommend you watch this match to understand how unbelievably powerful the good draws out of this deck are. I kill him through 2 permission spells and 2 removal-eque effects without ever drawing any cards off griselbrand turn two. Anyway, we put a griselbrand into play on turn two both games, and after he kills it game one, we tyrant his board, and then sire his hand. One of the most fun games i played all day. He was extremely nice considering i knocked him out of top 8 contention on camera in the fashion that i did.

Round Seven: UR delver
    2-1
    I don't love this matchup, especially when you don't have their list, and you don't know exactly what hate/ counter spells to play around. Match in the finals was different, and i felt much more comfortable their. Blindness can be a scary thing.
    Game one, We put griselbrand into play on turn three to play around daze, and we force his force. Good thing too, because he had two delvers in play, and i was taking a healthy 6 a turn. Exhume is very good when under pressure.

Game two, he establishes very early pressure in a delver and a pyromancer, playing around my discard spell on turn one by playing his cage on one and dazing my seize on my turn. This kept me in the dark, and when i finally dug to decay, he had two bolts for my 5 life.

Game three, One of the tightest games i played all day. Consisted of him playing around my dazes very well, and similar action on my part. He has both of his two cages, but we have two decays. Regardless, treasure cruise did alot of work on his part, but in the end elesh norn was clear to hit him 5 times after killing like 4 dudes. Elesh norn is very important against this deck, and in hindsight i should have valued her more when i played this matchup again in the finals.

Round Eight: Jund, Alex Finchler.
    2-0
    Finch is a good friend of mine, and it is unbelievably brutal having to battle a buddy for a win and in, but Finch is just off of an invitational top eight, so i didn't feel nearly as bad as i expected. :)

Game one, he does nothing of note after mulling to 6 and we put a turn two Grislebrand into play, and daze his liliana.

Game two, he mulls two three looking for a single land, and keeps deathrite, cage, liliana. He finds a land on turn two after we turn one discard a tyrant. We put it into play as he plays deathrite and we bounce everything he plays. Ever.
    This matchup is probably one of our best. Other than exactly deathrite and like 1 or 2 cages, they have a very difficult time interacting, especially because we have brainstorm and coutnerspells for things like hymn or thoughtsieze.

Round Nine: Manaless Dredge: Juha
    Draw
    We draw into top eight, and i end up playing him again on camera for the semis.

Top Eight:
    Gerrard Fabiano, Bug Delver.
    2-1
    This is easily our worst matchup. Besides deathrite and a lot of pressure, they have thoughtsieze, fluster storm, spell pierce, daze, force and often cage or surgical. Gerrard had no graveyard hate on his board save deathrite shaman.

Game one, he keeps a very slow hand with two wastelands, and we have both basics. We put Grisel into play on turn three through his like one force of will. Was a weird game, he kinda just rolled over and dies.

Game two, he keeps like force, force, daze, deathrite, thoughtsieze, some other blue spell on the mull to six on the play.
    He passes on his turn one, and we discard tyrant for turn. He plays land, thoughtsieze, and we daze. We go petal, u sea, duress, reanimate, daze his force. We put tyrant into play, and pass. He does some cantripping, and plays a second land and passes. We string a few cantrips together to bounce his board, and then attack him. On the second to last turn, i entomb for fatigue on the end step to bounce a land, my intentions just to get him off of liliana mana. we untap, his boar delver, deathrite, usea, usea. With our two mana, we flash back fatigue, bouncing delver, killing deathrite. he dazes our fatigue, and we put him to 3 with a force in hand. he then untaps and says "Kill you?" i look at my board and life pad, and don't exactly understand. I was on 5, and had flashed back the fatigue, which pays 3 life. Embarrassed, i just didn't bounce the deathrite and kill the delver, or just play another spell so that he didn't have 5 power in play anymore, i concede.

Game Three, i was still pretty tilted, but managed to get it together and play tight. he taps all his mana on one turn because of my daze on his lili, and we put griselbrand into play. WE were on 3, and he had a bayou with deathrite in play. luckily, we braved the elements and killed him with 7 lifelink followed by reanimating his deathrite to stop liliana.

Semi Finals: Juha Tolvanen
    2-0
    This match is also on camera, and it is easily the most fun match i have played in a while. manaless dredge just seems like a slower graveyard deck. The only trouble that you should run into game one is therapy, but since they have to be on the draw, you can just kill them before they even dredge. If you know that you are playing against manaless dredge, just try to put elesh norn, or even grislebrand into play ASAP. Also do not reanimate sire under any circumstance. As well, all discard spells are time walks, so i suggest playing those aggressively.

Game one, He gets behind when i thoughtsieze a non-dredger, and then he passes back. I cantrip a little, and he discards grave troll. I exhume griselbrand into play, and he has to put grave troll into play, and because of the replacement effect on grave troll, it is a 1/1 and stays out of the yard. He discards shambling shell and passes. I reanimate that, to again take away dredging and then kill him the next turn with elesh norn.

Game two, Im on the play again (Lucky me) and i play a turn one discard spell. he doesn't do anything, and i put elesh norn into play. That was it.

Game one is imperative to win, since he has 4 leylines on the board, and those are unanswerable. i would probably have to revert to reanimating his stuff to kill him at that point. The odds that they have leyline both boarded games though is minimal. Just kill them the games that they don't have it. Also, reanimating balustrade spy and targeting them with a crypt in play is a very reasonable course of action if they do have it.

Finals: Bob Huang
    1-2
    This match is really interesting. I won't go into detail, as it is long and also recorded. Basically i think i made a few errors.

Game one, i run my exhume into his two cards. he has 4 dazes and 4 force in his deck, and he was on the mull to 6 on the play. With exactly flooded strand open, i think that it is very reasonable to go for it there. If he untaps he has free reign to a clear top of the library, and access to cantrips. Whereas if i go for it in the spot that i did, he has to have either force #2 and blue card in his two cards, or exactly daze. Because i had daze in hand, we also take away any interaction he may have that turn in case that he brainstorms or does anything of the sort that turn. In reality, we are a combo deck, and he has 4 treasure cruise, i want to give him as small of a window as possible.

Game two, i think i played well, and we kill him.

Game three, i just want to start by saying that hindsight is 20/20. At the time, i felt like holding both reanimates would be better than that exhume that i shuffle away with brainstorm because he is a daze deck. In reality, i was too low after reanimating my griselbrand to even cast the second reanimate. Even if i hadn't resolved the first reanimate, i would have been too low from his insects to cast the second one. This was huge when i was looking for the elesh norn on the last turn of the game. Speaking of which, i should have prioritized elesh norn higher in that situation. He literally cannot stick a guy through it, and in reality i would have been dead to two bolts regardless of what i got there. In my mind, he had a one turn window to assemble enough power to race the griselbrand, and i was audacious enough to believe that this was not possible. The match was very well played by him, and was a great way to end the event.

Regardless of the shiny cup evading my grasp, i was very satiated with the deck throughout every game i played. Regardless of how bad the matchup, most decks can still not beat a griselbrand if stuck through their blind spot. I think that because of the rampant play that treasure cruise will see in the coming future, rest in peace will see more play out of the white decks than cage, and this is a good thing for us. Rest in peace is much easier to snag with a discard spell, or easier to daze. I think that this deck is sweet, and please, leave any comments or changes that you think you might make to the list for the coming future. I will probably be playing the deck at GP Jersey. Keep on reanimating. :)

May 2014
    OHIO

Congratulations Jake! I am especially glad you took down Reid Duke, he killed me in the semifinals last year of an open (he was so pleasant I was almost rooting for him to beat me!).
    I tried to hold down the fort in Indianapolis, but got bounced in the quarterfinals. I had one of those tournaments where I played tons of Plow, Karakas, and Liliana decks. My Grave Titan probably had 12 or so kills.
    Adding in the results from Atlanta, Reanimator is having a solid month. Keep it going guys!

Nov 2012
    Beijing

well done! Thx for the report.

Oct 2013
    Binghamton, NY

My pleasure. Hope you guys find it useful/ entertaining.

Hello everyone,

I tested dig thru time in a small tournament and it's actually good. Just had 2 game wins because of him as I was able to recuperate from a counter war.

Also, do we need more disruption when we are playing against combo or this is just to fight the hate. I've been totaly molested by a uwr delver due to short clock and a lot of disruption.

Im just thinking if I can change my 2 disruption to xantid swarm.

Hello Everybody!! Lovers of reanimation! Good sunday for you!

I have pushed the deck some days ago as mentioned above and i found my first problems. Probably they are because i'm still newbie but im having troubles to putting the guys in yard. I run full set of study, seize and entomb but i dont hit entomb it's very hard to me. I run the "big 7" core. Any advice?

In the same line how do you feel with s&t? most of the time pre and post board you dont have a big 7 in hand to drop. Dont misunderstand me, i like the strategy, im just telling what i feel.

For reference, my list:

4 e ntomb
    4 exhume
    4 Reanimate
    4 FoW
    4 BS
    4 CS
    4 seize
    2 petal
    2 s&t
    2 Daze
    3 ponder

4 Grisel
    1 Iona
    1 Elesh
    1 Tyrant

Lands.

On the DTT topic....i prefer by far, Lim-dulīs vault
    Last edited by GoldenCid; 10-05-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Hello Everybody!! Lovers of reanimation! Good sunday for you!

I have pushed the deck some days ago as mentioned above and i found my first problems. Probably they are because i'm still newbie but im having troubles to putting the guys in yard. I run full set of study, seize and entomb but i dont hit entomb it's very hard to me. I run the "big 7" core. Any advice?

In the same line how do you feel with s&t? most of the time pre and post board you dont have a big 7 in hand to drop. Dont misunderstand me, i like the strategy, im just telling what i feel.

For reference, my list:

4 e ntomb
    4 exhume
    4 Reanimate
    4 FoW
    4 BS
    4 CS
    4 seize
    2 petal
    2 s&t
    2 Daze

4 Grisel
    1 Iona
    1 Elesh
    1 Tyrant

Lands.

On the DTT topic....i prefer by far, Lim-dulīs vault
    Do you run 3/4 ponder? That could explain the issues. I haven't ever really had an issue finding a creature when I go in on the show and tell strategy, I have had issues occasionally finding a show and tell and am currently experimenting with personal tutor as a 3 of.

The deck does lean a little bit on entomb, but honestly this just sounds like you maybe haven't quite figured out when to mulligan which can be a little tricky.

it also looks like you're running 19 lands, which is a bit on the high side for this deck (especially if you also have 2 petals). Your blue count is also very low for a force of will deck.

Mar 2013
    Philippines

Made 2nd place yesterday but with only 26 players. There was also a GPT on the same day that's why it was a low turn out. I can't remember much unto the details of my match except for the results hehe

R1 vs Sneak Show 2-1
    G1 I resolve a 2nd turn Griselbrand he has no counterspells. G
    G2 I controlled the game with my discard spell - his hand was left with Emrakul and Griselbrand. Was able to exhume Blazing Archon but he eventually drop Sneak Attack then top deck a Jace to bounce my Blazing Archon and attack with Emrakul and Griselbrand.
    G3 Controlled the game again with discard spells. Then he played Blood Moon good thing I had a fetch in play and search for basic swamp. I eventually draw entomb then exhume Griselbrand and it went all the way.

R2 vs Jund 0-2
    G1 Keep drawing into lands. Then had to manually discard Ashen Rider with my thoughtseize then reanimate. However he outrace me with his 2 DRS.
    G2 Had a pithing on his LotV. Was able to exhume Sphinx of the Steel Wind but he top deck a Maelstrom Pulse and lost.

R3 vs 4 color Affinity 2-1
    G1 I was at low life when I exhume for Elesh Norn and Iona. But he had a 10/2 Batterskull because of Cranial plating. I had to block his Batterskull with Iona just to survive. When he bounce and recast Batterkull I FoW'd it then Elesh Norn went all the way.
    G2 Lost to Master of etherium. His 2 Sculler was taking my important spells.
    G3 Reanimated Griselbrand and had a pithing for Karakas. I won.

R4 vs Merfolk with CotV main 2-0
    G1 Turn 2 Griselbrand in play. Win
    G2 Iona for Blue turn 4. Win

R5 vs a teammate Omnitell ID

QF vs a teammate Sneak Show 2-1
    G1 He controlled me and Jace was helping him sculpt his hand for the win
    G2 Controlled him with my discard spell. I think there was 6 discard spells in my yard then I exhume Griselbrand which resolve and then he concede. He said he was holding 2 Griselbrand and 2 Emrakuls.
    G3 The game went long. He keep a 1 land hand with cantrips and counters. I keep also a 1 land hand but with 2 thoughtseize and some cantrips. We were able to find our other lands but I was able to control the game with discard spell and pithing to his Sneak Attack. I won when I was able to resolve Griselbrand in play and he has 1 Emrakul in hand.

SF vs another teammate UR (inspired from Bob Huang's List) 2-1
    G1 Turn 3 Elesh Norn and it went all the way.
    G2 Lost to His 3 Monastery Swiftspear and a Grafdigger's cage in play.
    G3 Turn 3 top deck a Show and Tell into Elesh Norn. He was tapped out and only has a Brainstorm in hand. He concede after.

Finals vs the same Merfolk I got paired Round 4 but this time I lost 0-2 lol
    G1 Keep a hand with lots of cantrips but he played CotV 1 and lost eventually.
    G2 I kept a hand with 1 delta, 1 thoughtseize, 1 disfigure, 1 brainstorm, 1 ponder, 1 echoing truth and 1 FoW (I don't know if it was a good decision - what do you think guys?) He had a turn 1 Cursecatcher then another cursecatcher then phantasmal image the cursecatcher. Dazes my cantrips, drop a tormod's crypt and I concede. haha

My list:

3 Griselbrand
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Archetype of Endurance
    1 Ashen Rider
    1 Grave Titan

3 Pithing Needle

4 Ponder
    4 Careful Study
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Reanimate
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Misdirection
    4 Force of Will

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Scalding Tarn
    4 Underground Sea
    2 Island
    3 Swamp

Sideboard:
    2 Echoing Truth
    4 Disfigure
    4 Duress
    3 Show and Tell
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Blazing Archon

*I'm not happy with Disfigure anymore and not that into Massacre and Engineered Explosives. Any advise on what to replace disfigure slot without adding a third color. A mass removal that's not conditional and not more than 2cc, if there's any hehe

Quote Originally Posted by atosecond View Post
    Do you run 3/4 ponder? That could explain the issues. I haven't ever really had an issue finding a creature when I go in on the show and tell strategy, I have had issues occasionally finding a show and tell and am currently experimenting with personal tutor as a 3 of.

The deck does lean a little bit on entomb, but honestly this just sounds like you maybe haven't quite figured out when to mulligan which can be a little tricky.
    Ya! Sorry i forgot the 3 ponders!!

Quote Originally Posted by downtoonelife View Post
    Made 2nd place yesterday but with only 26 players. There was also a GPT on the same day that's why it was a low turn out. I can't remember much unto the details of my match except for the results hehe

R2 vs Jund 0-2
    G1 Keep drawing into lands. Then had to manually discard Ashen Rider with my thoughtseize then reanimate. However he outrace me with his 2 DRS.
    G2 Had a pithing on his LotV. Was able to exhume Sphinx of the Steel Wind but he top deck a Maelstrom Pulse and lost.
    sorry but doesn't sphinx of the steel wind have protection from green thus Maelstorm Pulse-Proof?

Mar 2013
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by entreri_fans View Post
    sorry but doesn't sphinx of the steel wind have protection from green thus Maelstorm Pulse-Proof?
    He targets the Pithing Needle and then used LotV's sac a creature - loyalty to kill my Sphinx.

Quote Originally Posted by downtoonelife View Post
    He targets the Pithing Needle and then used LotV's sac a creature - loyalty to kill my Sphinx.
    aha, sorry for my mistake

but thanks for the nice report

I do like Contagion instead of disfigure.

If you want even more lifeloss you can try dismember.

Mar 2013
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke is Good View Post
    I do like Contagion instead of disfigure.

If you want even more lifeloss you can try dismember.
    Thanks. I've seen Contagion before in some list but haven't thought much about it. This time I'll test and see if its effective.

I have tested a UBG reanimator with dig through time and it performed well. Dig through time is actually good since you can get 2 combo pieces or combo protection pieces and it enables you to go off the next turn.

I have experience playing a 4th turn dig (after counter wars) and was able to put griselbrand next turn.

I haven't tried xantid in this build but I think it will be a good SB for uber control deck or tempo based decks to fight counter wars. Is there anyone who tried this?

Thanks!

Thread Information