Page 66 of 133 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Dec 2012
    Vancouver, Canada

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckado View Post
    Could someone point me to some good vods of some.matches where people walk through the decision process as they play preferably on mtgo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mtg+reanimator+videos

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    That's hard. I would name black. Nothing preboard in green or red can kill a 7/7 flyer.
    "Nothing" is not accurate. Infect can cast Crop Rotation into Karakas. I bet it's not going to happen, but there's still non-zero chance.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Hi guys, I'm new to Reanimator and I have a question for you regarding the use of Show & Tell and the potential conflict with Abrupt Decay: in some ways I feel like siding them both is a bit "overboarding" because they are answers to nearly the same hate, and I'd like to understand:
    A) if it's necessary to have both in my 75
    b) when to board in Decay, when S&T, and when both

For example, what to do against Shaman? And against RIP?
    I guess I can avoid to board S&T against the first since I also have Needle in the sideboard, while it's probably a good idea to board S&T against RIP because I just have Decay to fight it.

I'm considering the possibility to drop S&T completely and just play a full set of Decay, having confidence in the high chance to draw at least 1 out of 4 when it matters.

I'll gladly hear your opinions about this.

This is my list for reference:

3 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Lotus Petal
    3 Ponder
    4 Careful Study
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    1 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Entomb
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    1 Grave Titan
    2 Tropical Island
    SB: 1 Ashen Rider
    SB: 2 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Thoughtseize
    SB: 3 Show and Tell
    SB: 1 Sire of Insanity
    SB: 3 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    SB: 2 Massacre

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

You don't need Show and Tell honestly. I run exclusively Abrupt Decay, and in practically every matchup I take out my 3 Dazes for them, since it's a pretty much a universal answer to the inevitable hate brought in against us. Against heavy black decks or those that I anticipate Leyline of the Void being relevant I also have two copies of Echoing Truth to help get hate permanents off the board. Lastly a single copy of Engineered Explosives and Pernicious Deed help round out any other situation that might occur.

While it is possible to run both, they do put conflicting strategies on your hand. I see you're opting for the Boseiju strategy over the City of Traitors, which is fine, the only point I'd say is that to maximize the Show and Tell route is to maximize on cantrips, we're a lackluster S&T deck, too much of our build is devoted to reanimation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    You don't need Show and Tell honestly. I run exclusively Abrupt Decay, and in practically every matchup I take out my 3 Dazes for them, since it's a pretty much a universal answer to the inevitable hate brought in against us. Against heavy black decks or those that I anticipate Leyline of the Void being relevant I also have two copies of Echoing Truth to help get hate permanents off the board. Lastly a single copy of Engineered Explosives and Pernicious Deed help round out any other situation that might occur.

While it is possible to run both, they do put conflicting strategies on your hand. I see you're opting for the Boseiju strategy over the City of Traitors, which is fine, the only point I'd say is that to maximize the Show and Tell route is to maximize on cantrips, we're a lackluster S&T deck, too much of our build is devoted to reanimation.
    Could you share the list or a link to the list you think is optimal without S&T. I see your point and am curious what it would look like.

Thanks

Against heavy black decks or those that I anticipate Leyline of the Void being relevant I also have two copies of Echoing Truth to help get hate permanents off the board.

I forgot about Leyline of the Void and the fact it's invulnerable to Decay, so I guess if I remove S&T I'll have to use those 3 slots for a couple of Echoing Truth and the 4th Decay.

At that point the sideboard would look like this:
    SB: 2 Echoing Truth
    SB: 4 Abrupt Decay

I got another "noobie" question... I see that almost every list has a singleton Sire of Insanity in the board: in which matchups we wanna side it in?
    I guess it's strong against combo (but Iona seems even stronger here) and every opponent who can't remove it before entering his end step.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by anakyn View Post
    I got another "noobie" question... I see that almost every list has a singleton Sire of Insanity in the board: in which matchups we wanna side it in?
    I guess it's strong against combo (but Iona seems even stronger here) and every opponent who can't remove it before entering his end step.
    Iona can be answered a couple of turns down the road, when your opponent is ready to execute his/her combo through any countermagic you might have. Fail to answer Sire of Insanity before the first end step comes and say bye-bye to your combo for the coming 5/6+ turns.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by redstripe509 View Post
    Could you share the list or a link to the list you think is optimal without S&T. I see your point and am curious what it would look like.

Thanks
    Oh god it's nowhere close to optimal, I'm just saying possible is all. What I have currently sleeved up:

4 Underground Sea
    1 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    1 Sire of Insanity
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Misdirection
    3 Daze
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Entomb
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    2 Animate Dead
    4 Careful Study
    4 Hapless Researcher
    SB: 1 Inkwell Leviathan
    SB: 1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    SB: 1 Keranos, God of Storms
    SB: 3 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 1 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Pernicious Deed
    SB: 2 Duress
    SB: 1 Darkblast

As you can see, I'm pretty all in on destroying opponent's hate. I'm adjusting this build currently looking forward to the next JellyJam to better reflect the meta post Dig.

And on that note regarding Sire of Insanity, yes landed early was a solid play, and yes against Storm ruined their day. But those reasons alone didn't warrant a spot in the main. He truly shined against all the Show and Tell plus other card decks; which were like 1/3 of your opponents. Now that those decks have faded away, I don't think he can still justify his inclusion.

The problem I see with "Sire of insanity vs Iona" is that while Iona can stop (or slow down) the opponent right away, Sire does nothing if they already have the combo in their hands, meaning that it's very risky to land him beyond the 1st turn (or even on the 1st turn against some decks).
    If I had to play vs combo, I'll probably try to land Iona for first, and Sire for second.

Is Sire strong (I mean: stronger than other options like Griselbrand) vs other non-combo decks?
    I guess he sucks against white (StP) and black (tons of removal), he's risky against red (double bolt) and blue (rebound effects) and he can shine against green... so I guess it's strong vs Elves, but that's a combo deck again.

The problem I see with "Sire of insanity vs Iona" is that while Iona can stop (or slow down) the opponent right away, Sire does nothing if they already have the combo in their hands, meaning that it's very risky to land him beyond the 1st turn (or even on the 1st turn against some decks).
    If I had to play vs combo, I'll probably try to land Iona for first, and Sire for second.

Is Sire strong (I mean: stronger than other options like Griselbrand) vs other non-combo decks?
    I guess he sucks against white (StP) and black (tons of removal), he's risky against red (double bolt) and blue (rebound effects) and he can shine against green... so I guess it's strong vs Elves, but that's a combo deck again.
    In my experience a t1-2 Sire leads to an opponent just quitting. There are options like StP, Fireblast, 2x Bolt, Ensnaring bridge... But it usually is a fast and save clock. The moment of reanimation however has to be timed well. G1 I run Iona and Sire and side out one of them in G2.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Remember that Sire of Insanity discards everybody's hand at the end of everybody's turn, so unless they are on Solidarity and can go off at instant speed, they'll lose everything at the end of your turn. So while he is weak against everything you mentioned, except for double Bolt, they'd need to top deck it in the next 4 turns. I haven't played against DDFT or ANT in a while, but I play against TES on the regular, and Iona isn't full proof. Name Black and you risk them casting Burning Wish and getting Void Snare, naming Red they could just have enough gas in their hand to get the job done. I mean you have a 3 turn clock so it's not the worst thing in the world, but it's definitely loseable.

Remember that Sire of Insanity discards everybody's hand at the end of everybody's turn, so unless they are on Solidarity and can go off at instant speed, they'll lose everything at the end of your turn. So while he is weak against everything you mentioned, except for double Bolt, they'd need to top deck it in the next 4 turns. I haven't played against DDFT or ANT in a while, but I play against TES on the regular, and Iona isn't full proof. Name Black and you risk them casting Burning Wish and getting Void Snare, naming Red they could just have enough gas in their hand to get the job done. I mean you have a 3 turn clock so it's not the worst thing in the world, but it's definitely loseable.

Thanks, that was a nice explanation

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A final question (for now, I guess): if I want to remove the S&T from the 75, there's also free slot maindeck: what would you play to fill it?
    I was thinking of the 4th Ponder or even the 4th Petal or the 4th Griselbrand, but maybe there are better options I'm not considering.

Thanks, that was a nice explanation

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A final question (for now, I guess): if I want to remove the S&T from the 75, there's also free slot maindeck: what would you play to fill it?
    I was thinking of the 4th Ponder or even the 4th Petal or the 4th Griselbrand, but maybe there are better options I'm not considering.
    Move the 4th Thoughtseize to maindeck. You have to be more proactive if you're not running any S&T.

I would also replace both Boseiju, Who Shelters All, because the only spell you can make uncounterable is Exhume (and maybe Echoing Truth). Replace them (and the singeton Thoughtseize) with 3 Duress.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I'd agree with what Skurt said. Discard is like a proactive counterspell. You can stage your plays better with early discard so you're not so heavily reliant on Force plus pitch to get your stuff out.
    If you're staying BUg, Pernicious Deed also pulls a lot of weight. I've said it before in this thread, but the "X or less" clause really helps when they have a broad spectrum of hate out, like DRS & Scavenging Ooze.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    "Nothing" is not accurate. Infect can cast Crop Rotation into Karakas. I bet it's not going to happen, but there's still non-zero chance.
    I had an opponent totally forget they could do that (they had karakas in their sideboard). They were focused on getting a bojuka bog instead.

Thoughtseize is also solid because you can just target yourself to get a fatty out of your hand if you've got reanimation spells but no other way to get the creature into the yard.

I forgot about Leyline of the Void and the fact it's invulnerable to Decay, so I guess if I remove S&T I'll have to use those 3 slots for a couple of Echoing Truth and the 4th Decay.

At that point the sideboard would look like this:
    SB: 4 Abrupt Decay

I also suggest you try Golgari Charm. It removes "Larger" enchantments and doubles as mass removal for D&T (one of our most hated enemies) and other small armies. You could play one Charm and one Truth and see how it tests.

@anakyn:

If you are playing Tidespout main, you don't need an Ashen Rider out of the board, that can help you with room in your board, playing whatever card you feel fixes some of the holes of the deck.

Hi folks,

Placed 3-4 at a local tournament in Switzerland of 27 people with this list:

3x Grisel
    1x Elesh
    1x Tidespout
    1x Grave Titan
    1x Blazing Archon
    4x Ponder
    4x BS
    4x FOW
    4x Daze
    4x Entomb
    4x Reanimate
    4x Exhume
    4x Careful Study
    3x Lotus Petal
    3x Thoughtsezize
    4x Delta
    4x Sea
    2x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Island
    1x Swamp
    1x Bayou
    1x Trop

Side:
    3x Duress
    1x Thoughtseize
    2x Massacre
    1x Aertherling
    1x Sire of Insanity
    2x Needle
    2x Pernicious Deed
    3x A. Decay

Some thoughts...I did not lack Show and Tells. I dont have them in the first place, but I didnt miss them either, since Sneak and Show decks are on the rise. Also, I liked Lotus Petals, since even after crazy mulligans you can turn 1 or turn 2 them. The creature pack is standard, except I dont like Ioona anymore, since everyone plays at least 2 colors nowdays, anyways, I think Ioona is quite weak atm. She was good against Omni decks but now I chose Blazing Archon to improve my Death and Taxes Matchup, because only swords or 2x Wisps can block him..otherwise they cannot bounce it and Blazing archon is good against other decks too like Sneak and Show and stuff. Reanimated him a couple of times and I was satisfied. Tidespout saved my ass a couple of times too, especially against land decks with dark depths. Keep in mind, you always need an instant. So don't play BS, AD, or Entomb unless you have to and keep these cards in hand to bounce their 20/20. I lost g1 due to my own mistake, where I went to two lives thanks to an unnecessary and greedy thoughtseize via Grisel, and he drew a bolt. Also, after mulliganing this deck is pretty sweet. I even kept a 0 land hand at a time since scrying 1 is good enough, and I only had to draw 1 land. Keep in mind you can always discard a fatty when you have 8 cards. Sire of INsanity is great against combo. The storm player I played against had 0 chance. Also used Sire of INsanity against Turbo Eldrazi, turn 1 or 2...aaaaand its over for them. A HIGHLIGHT - won against D&T after board...ofc. thanks to Blazing Archon.

Remarks to the side: I like perincious deed a lot...but I only play 15 lands so 2 copies are fine. Duress and thoughtseie are there against the random delver decks and counter decks, you side out your forces and dazes, and have a better protection. 3 AD are no brainer. 2x massacre is against D&T obv. Needle is great, maybe I would replace one deed with one needle so that I have 3 needles. Now, reanimator got slightly worse in my opinion, since after the banning of DTT, more players play fair decks with deathrite shamans and needle is great. Aethrling is OP in any Miracles matchup since they cannot kill him. Though, I played 0 matches against Miracles.

In quarterfinals I really embarrassed myself. I played like an idiot and could perhaps win the match. But I was tired and didnt pay attention. Anyways I won a Force of Will which is nice.

One last thing - Reanimator is really strong. YOu can basically win turn 1/2/3. There were 2 Reanimators in the top4, the other player playerd it with red to play grim lavamancer (i guess in the board). Not quite sure about his build but might not be a bad idea either.

What are your thoughts? Would appreciate if you share them.
    Matej

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

You should have Iona for the occassional burn deck. That one card stops them completely.

I find pernicious deed too mana intensive. I have it in hand, but i am usually unable to cast it. I know it board wipes everything, but its too slow.

Thread Information