Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2656

Thread: [Deck]BUx Reanimator

Jan 2016
    Tampa Bay, Literally in the Water

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

I think that's what he was going for, several people in this forum do the same. Has other advantages as well so definitely not a completely out there choice

Quote Originally Posted by BigV54 View Post
    I think that's what he was going for, several people in this forum do the same. Has other advantages as well so definitely not a completely out there choice
    Thanks for the response, I mainly play online and haven't touched Reanimator since when UR delver had treasure cruise and was everywhere. Trying to catch up on the latest trends and tech.

Jan 2016
    Tampa Bay, Literally in the Water

I personally go for more silver bullets, but I haven't tested Jin myself to be honest

Question for the folks that run Daze and Flip-Jace, how do you guys board these respective cards in-out?

Is it best practice to cut completely Daze when on the draw due to daze being less effective?

I still cannot after all this time effectively playtest Vryn's Prodigy, I don't get enough playtesting for this guy.

The new SOI card that was spoiled looks like it could be useful in Reanimator.

Pieces of the Puzzle 2U
    Sorcery
    Reveal the top 5 cards of your library. Put up to two instants and/or sorcery cards from among them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.

I think this has real potential as a 1 or 2 of. Lets us reload after a few counter-spells and can put a fatty into the yard.

3 cmc makes me feel like I don't want to play it. So does sorcery. I understand wanting to live the dream of entomb/reanimation spell/fatty in the yard, but I think it is not a good choice. Most of the time it's going to be dead in hand.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

At 3 CMC I'd consider a cheating fatty into play spell like Show and Tell or even Victimize if you are on a hapless researcher build. The card does remind me of dig through time a card I never really used in Reanimator.

3 CMC also gives you Intuition.

I played around with "Stompy Reanimator", with Sol lands, Intuition and Unburial Rites piles. Would sideboard in Jace and Show and Tell against graveyard hate. The conclusion I came to was... Asking for 3 cmc makes things a little inconsistent.

So what's everyone's opinion on the matchup with this new Eldrazi Stompy deck?

I haven't had the chance to test the matchup but I can't help but be scared of the chalice maindeck decks...
    Aside from that we can easily stomp it but on the draw, that T1 chalice really hurts.

I believe/hope it'll go back to MUD status (aka niche deck that rarely gets played).

Jun 2008
    Toronto, Canada

It's pretty brutal to be honest. I got crushed and it wasn't even particularly close.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i think a natural response to a ton of eldrazi is to run more show and tells. just thoerycrafting at this point.
    -rob

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    i think a natural response to a ton of eldrazi is to run more show and tells. just thoerycrafting at this point.
    I think the key against eldrazi is tidesprout with lotus petals build

May 2015
    PDX

You certainly aren't doing yourself any favors by skipping on flip-jace (entombing exhume in response to chalice on 1 is a solid line with flip-jace in hand but no FoW). We are on 4x FoW however, and most eldrazi boards seem to want 2-4x Faerie Macabre which says to me that they think this matchup is almost unwinnable [for them] game 1.

Most Reanimator boards have sideboard Decay already, so it's not inconceivable that 1x Ancient Grudge is put into the maindeck as an entomb target (particularly if you don't own flip-jaces). Going half reanimator with half Hex-Depths is similarly strong versus chalice (marit lage wins, or strip all the counters off chalice), but seems like an overreaction. Most Eldrazi lists will turn on Boseju for uncounterable entombs and reanimates since they'll run 3-ball, Lodestone, or Spheres/Thorns.

Post board you'll want needle on Faerie Macabre or Karakas (the latter is generally not needed), Show and Tell will be great (usually), and fetching weird lands to cast Decay will still be as sketchy as it has always been. If you're open to playing transformative sideboards, you'll probably easily find one that nullifies the eldrazi deck.

I tried Tidespout, it works. In the end just a fast plain Elesh is more disruption.

Hi i'm new to Reanimator, sorry if this question has already been asked but how do you handle DRS?
    My local meta is BUG heavy and it feels like i have to play around DRS all the time.
    Show and tell helps, haven't tried Izzet Charm yet but seems good.

Nov 2014
    Italy

Needle helps a lot against DRS.
    Exume plus entomb also works, but you can also try disfigure.
    Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Needle helps a lot against DRS.
    Exume plus entomb also works, but you can also try disfigure.
    If you splash green, Abrupt Decay can also kill it.
    Nice bonus: Decay also kills Liliana, who can be a nuisance.

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    I think the key against eldrazi is tidesprout with lotus petals build
    If you ever need to beat eldrazis, you only need Blazing Archon.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    If you ever need to beat eldrazis, you only need Blazing Archon.
    Blazing Archon doesn't do enough by itself in a lot of Reanimator lists to justfy it's inclusion these days. Might be better off with an early sire of insanity or just attempt to race with Griselbrand again.

Note of interest: Blazing Archon is still good if your meta is full of merfolk like mine is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thread Information