Thread: [Article] TCRF: The 'Power' Glove

[Article] TCRF: The 'Power' Glove

Fear the Power Glove.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: [Article] TCRF: The 'Power' Glove

Um, a three-card combo? Ya got two Misdirection, but in the land of Abrupt Decay you essentially have a four card combo when you face green/black. There is a reason Power Artifact is viewed as casual-only.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Challenge accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Challenge accepted.
    Hasn't someone already tried to abuse Power Artifact but then it just sorta faded away and we all went back to complaining about Delver/Grisleban/Tarmogoyf/Brainstorm/etc?

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Why don't you run Rings of Brighthearth since it's also infinite mana with Monoliths?
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Fear the Power Glove.
    As always your brews are cutting edge. The article was a great read.

That's not my play, I'm just choosing to reveal it
    Oct 2011
    Portland, OR.

Your scenario where you cast Show and Tell to resolve Power Artifact was pretty strange. You're casting a three-mana spell to play a two-mana spell? Because your opponent is going to always counter the Power Artifact, yet let the Show and Tell do its thing?

Your opponent "lets" it resolve ("licking their chops")--so you're suggesting that they're holding counters because they're sure they have the answer? I'm pretty sure that using the counter, whether or not they have an answer to put into play, is always correct. And if their answer is Oblivion Ring (instead of the Karakas, Ensnaring Bridge, or Humility you were probably envisioning) then you're in trouble regardless. It just seems like a really unlikely scenario that hinges on your opponent playing poorly.

Your concluding remarks about this point ("to me the most important quality...is the ability to drop Power Artifact...when you only have one blue mana") are even stranger, since you're basically admitting that you're playing a three-mana Show and Tell to fix your mana for a 2-drop.

You've come up with some interesting brews, but this one--and the article in general--just has me baffled.

There are more people prepared to deal with Emrakul in the broader meta game. When you cast Show and Tell and your opponent anticipates Emrakul, they're instead fooled into thinking you were cheating Emrakul into play, except now with infinite mana you just hard-cast it.

Show and Tell milks counters in the event you don't have one in hand, and if countered, you play the Power Artifact in your hand and proceed to win.

It's pretty straightforward; you're next-leveling someone.
    Last edited by Michael Keller; 03-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

There are more people prepared to deal with Emrakul in the broader meta game. When you cast Show and Tell and your opponent anticipates Emrakul, they're instead fooled into thinking you were cheating Emrakul into play, except now with infinite manager you just hard-cast it.

Show and Tell milks counters in the event you don't have one in hand, and if countered, you play the Power Artifact in your hand and proceed to win.

It's pretty straightforward; you're next-leveling someone.
    Isn't the same generally true with Omniscience as well? The answers to that are the same as Power Artifact - Oblivion Ring in particular works fine.

That said, I liked the article and the deck looks like a lot of fun to play. :)
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Thread Information