Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon's Maze - Guild Champions Revealed!

Re: Dragon's Maze - Guild Champions Revealed!

You missed the 2/2 Flash Gating Azorius creature for WU. Aluren just got another toy.

And Ral goes into...something. I'm not sure what, but definitely something.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    You missed the 2/2 Flash Gating Azorius creature for WU. Aluren just got another toy.
    It's tactically worse than Dream Stalker since it requires a target.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    It's tactically worse than Dream Stalker since it requires a target.
    Is it? It appears to have a 'may' ability, in this way it could theoretically actually go in a couple different things that may just need a 2/2 with Flash for.. some.. reason..

I dunno, the option to save a dude will be super in Limited, and maybe just maybe it could matter a damn in Constructed. UW is slowly getting a bunch of spells that are basically letting you replay ETB effects, it's almost like they want us playing more D&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Is it? It appears to have a 'may' ability, in this way it could theoretically actually go in a couple different things that may just need a 2/2 with Flash for.. some.. reason..

I dunno, the option to save a dude will be super in Limited, and maybe just maybe it could matter a damn in Constructed. UW is slowly getting a bunch of spells that are basically letting you replay ETB effects, it's almost like they want us playing more D&T.
    Assuming that you want to bounce something, the fact that you have to pick the target when the ability goes on the stack makes it worse than dream stalker. If you have two imperial recruiters on the battlefield and then play a dream stalker, they can't kill the thing you bounce in response to the ability. Their only choice is to kill all of the things that you want to bounce including the dream stalker itself.

I think that the card will certainly be tested in u/w/x flash decks where you can get restoration angels and snapcasters for days. As for legacy, we already have whitemane lion. The lion is worse, but with the frequency of creature removal, are you really going to play it when you don't want to use the ability? I suppose the new card forces you to play blue though, which is probably an advantage.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Update!
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Jun 2004
    New Hampshire

I was so confused when Exava was spoiled this morning, thinking (based on the art) Mirko Vosk was the Rakdos champion. That art seems really out of place.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I just noticed that Vorel is a Human Merfolk - the fuck?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Breakdown:
    - Due to Disney, 50% Fish is ok.
    - Solves every Chefs dilemma: Meat or fish? It's both!
    - People love speaking fishes so much "Finding Nemo" got a sequel
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    For the same reason Shambleshark is a Crab Fish and Crocanura is a Crocodile Frog: Simic does weird creature type combinations (though not the creature type Weird, sadly). Dude was probably a human who got spliced up with Merfolk parts at some point.

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

I thought Merfolk were already half human, half fish. I guess a Human Merfolk is like 75% human, 25% fish?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Update

Join us at Facebook!

EDIT: Melek only doubles spells cast from your library, making him an all-around terrible general. He's still better at that role than Tibor and Lumia, though!

Mirko Vosk was also previewed. He's not that good.

The Golgari guy is interesting, though. Scavenging a Tarmogoyf onto him could be fun, but exiling removal is still a common form of creature kill in the format.
    Last edited by Aggro_zombies; 04-11-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Update

Join us at Facebook!

Tajic was spoiled, and he looks to be a bomb in non-Eternal formats. Indestructible 2/2 that Batallions for 7? Downside is that he costs 4 mana.

Thread Information