Thread: Los Angeles LEGACY $1000.00 CASH PRIZES 100% PAYOUT May 28th

Los Angeles LEGACY $1000.00 CASH PRIZES 100% PAYOUT May 28th

Los Angeles LEGACY $1000.00 CASH PRIZES 100% PAYOUT May 28th
    ALL STAR CARDS LLC
    912 S. ROBERTSON BLVD
    LOS ANGELES CA 90035
    310 652-2904
    WWW.ALLSTARCARDS.ORG

ALL STAR CARDS Legacy give back to the players!!!

EVERY month Legacy at ALL STAR 100% PAYOUT - ALL MONEY TAKEN IN WILL BE GIVEN OUT AS PRIZES IN CASH!

APRIL 9TH SATURDAY 2:00PM

(CHECK OUT OUR NEW MAGIC SINGLE COUNTER)

LEGACY!!!

ALL CASH PRIZES!!!

$25.00 PER PERSON ENTRY FEE

40 PLAYERS TOP 8 WIN TOGETHER $1000.00

30 PLAYERS TOP 8 WIN TOGETHER $750.00

20 PLAYERS TOP 8 WIN TOGETHER $500.00

Level one Judge: Josh Stansfield

Re: Los Angeles LEGACY $1000.00 CASH PRIZES 100% PAYOUT May 28th

Why can't tournaments in LA start precisely at 10-11 am like SCG or the one in San Diego?

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Why can't tournaments in LA start precisely at 10-11 am like SCG or the one in San Diego?
    Because LA is lazy as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Because LA is lazy as fuck.
    And we party til 4 AM anyway
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

May 2010
    USA

Have these events actually been successful? Or has the owned banned half of the legacy players in the LA area for trying to give him advice? Haha...

I don't know if the environment has changed, but unfortunately its only been about a profit at this store. I wanted to come here and play, but the enviroment was so hostile last time I came. Hopefully things have changed, but I'm officially one of those banned players...haha...if all else fails..attack the players that would buy your products.

........or steal and recruit your customers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tru3z3rox View Post
    Have these events actually been successful?
    I was playing in Pasedena that day, but it would be interesting to hear how the last cash tourney went. Any stories?

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    ........or steal and recruit your customers!
    When has anyone tried to steal customers?
    West Coast Legacy

Hi Liam (waves)

everytime someone comes to all stars plays for free, buys nothing and tells other customers that the store sucks and that they should go to Melrose-its been reported at least 3 times.

hey *shrug* you asked-

another fun development was when people were drafting at all stars and would build their decks elsewhere (ie in the other room) or would go outside and then sneak cards into their draft deck. that sucks doesnt it?

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Hi Liam (waves)

everytime someone comes to all stars plays for free, buys nothing and tells other customers that the store sucks and that they should go to Melrose-its been reported at least 3 times.
    Hey Sandy,

People are allowed to voice their opinions, and they are more than welcome to not spend money if they want. I agree that it is extremely rude to do such things, but it is due to the reputation of All Star Cards. If in fact it is Melrose sending players (which I highly doubt), then that is extremely petty. Stop it.

another fun development was when people were drafting at all stars and would build their decks elsewhere (ie in the other room) or would go outside and then sneak cards into their draft deck. that sucks doesnt it?
    Thats straight shady, why hasn't anything been done to stop this? Seems easily prevented to me. Make people write down the packs they open, might take a little longer, but if it prevents cheating, then no worries. I do hope you're not implying that people from other stores are coming in and are straight up cheating. If something like this is found, report it to the DCI, that player will probably be banned, and then you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Just so this is made clear, I am not saying I have had any profusely negative experiences with All Star (in fact, their GPT was run quite well, I definitely enjoyed myself), but the store has a bad reputation. Do I think that this is permanent? No. But as long as it seems there is hostility between All Star and other stores, then the image will remain tainted.

If All Star would like to proactively clean its reputation, I recommend that anyone who sees it as their home store does not talk about any other stores in any sense. Banning people who are trying to give advice is not the way to go about showing how friendly your store is.

I am saying this as a person who loves to play Legacy, and Magic in general, I have no vested interest in any store beyond that. The fact that there has been tension between stores is harmful to both stores, not to mention the entire LA Magic community. Both of you should just put aside your differences, let game recognize game, and move on. Lastly, please don't schedule big tournaments on the same dates, all you are doing is hurting both tournaments. This goes to all stores.
    West Coast Legacy

ALL STAR CARDS does not book same day events as other stores in L.A. There was no date set for May 28th on this site until a correction a few days ago. Anyone who has not been to ALL STAR before and reads these posts- Please call Wizards of The Coast and ask them if any complaint's over the past years has been made out of 200 DCI events. ALL STAR is looking into some of these posts as slander and will deal with it.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

This sounds like you need better judging staff for limited events. This could happen at any store, and until action is taken to enforce the integrity of limited events (such as deck registration sheets), this will probably continue.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

It's Tricky

Nov 2009

You may be talking a bit about me here, but if not, I'll say I did this once maybe 2-3 weeks ago. It was passed 7pm on Thursday and no one was there for the draft when two guys came in looking to draft. I told them to head to Melrose Music and Comics because they start at 8pm and usually have a decent amount of people to draft there from what I've heard. This was after they bought a box and a fatpack collectively. There was no customer stealing from me here.

shai-its sandy

you are not the person or persons i was talking about-you have always been a friend to me and to the store-you are not banned and are welcome in the store anytime and to hang out with me. i was directing the post at other people who know who they are and will not step up or apologize to rich-so dont even sweat it man-hope to see you at the store soon. maybe for the pre-release-

sandy

Sep 2010
    LA

All star cards seems shady

^

lol-there are so many things i could say, but im not going to get baited into debates anymore by faceless people :)

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by ALL STAR CARDS View Post
    ALL STAR CARDS does not book same day events as other stores in L.A. There was no date set for May 28th on this site until a correction a few days ago. Anyone who has not been to ALL STAR before and reads these posts- Please call Wizards of The Coast and ask them if any complaint's over the past years has been made out of 200 DCI events. ALL STAR is looking into some of these posts as slander and will deal with it.
    :sigh:

Why so hostile? We are just trying to help.
    West Coast Legacy

May 2010
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    :sigh:

Why so hostile? We are just trying to help.
    Liam I know what you mean. I've also tried to give constructive criticism in the past and have just been met with hostility. Rich is just a bit sensitive about his store, which I guess is fine. However, he pushes customers away with this attitude. People have a very negative view of this store and even now all that is happening now are defensive tactics and counter insults. He keeps posting how good his prize support is ("100% cash payout") which is fine, but if the environment is not fun and even hostile then no one will attend no matter how good it is. It will take quite a while to get over this stigma once he starts changing (if he does).

P.S. - I actually have to trade with people outside of the store if there needs to be trading done with someone at allstar...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by saspook View Post
    I was playing in Pasedena that day, but it would be interesting to hear how the last cash tourney went. Any stories?
    Since nobody had answered this, I looked it up. Their last event was DNO with all the legacy players playing at a store in Pasedena.
    http://webapp.wizards.com/tournament...ventid=2750490

also, this was posted 12 hours after the other event was posted to this site. But it was probably arranged ahead of time - since they need to schedule with their judge.

ALSO, I have an issue with you calling at a $1000 CASH PRIZE event when you don't guarantee that $1000 will go out regardless of attendance.

Thread Information