Thread: [Article] Cook's Kitchen - Bryant Cook, the Planeswalker

Bryant Cook

[Article] Cook's Kitchen - Bryant Cook, the Planeswalker

bruizar

Re: [Article] Cook's Kitchen - Bryant Cook, the Planeswalker

I know blue doesnt give a shit about the colorpie but chant/silence is a white ability and should not bleed into blue. You could make it so that you put a Decree of Silence ability on it. +1 The first spell played by your opponent this turn is countered. This way, people can still work around it.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I know blue doesnt give a shit about the colorpie but chant/silence is a white ability and should not bleed into blue. You could make it so that you put a Decree of Silence ability on it. +1 The first spell played by your opponent this turn is countered. This way, people can still work around it.
    Yeah the Grand Abolisher ability doesn't strike me as any Blue at all. Then again I get my ass chewed for putting Lackey and Duress in White when it's my turn to make up cards, so wtf do I know :D

I see what you did there, but it kind of feels like a series of unrelated abilities, whereas a lot of PW have a very distinctive personality and affect that are described via their subsequent abilities, as opposed to this guy who just sort of embodies a combo engine; he makes mana, prevents interaction and tutors. It's kinda like how Deadpool knows he's a comic book character, BCT(M/W) have broken the fourth wall and figured out they are just cards so their abilities are a little too "self-aware" as it were. Like I want him to jump out of the card and go, "Didja like the part where I made myself pitchable to Force, didja didja?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Sweet stuff. I always loved making my own walkers. I remember freshman year of college me and my buddies all had EDH decks and I was attempting to design planeswalkers of our likeness that we could play in EDH. I wish I still had the mock ups on my computer :/ I just remember mine was RUG and it was definitely a combo card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Feb 2010
    Houston,texas

Seems like an extremely OP Planeswalker, I like!

So, what do you guys think about WotC making Planeswalkers with more than 2 colors? I have been waiting because I think they can be aggressively CMC'ed and powerful given the color restrictions. I am surprised they haven't yet, have they stated that they won't?

It has been six years since the introduction of the Planeswalker (holy shit that's a long time!). I don't know how I would feel about another card type, but do you think it's feasible? I'd be happy with interrupts.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker

Aggressively costed to the MAX
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Feb 2010
    Houston,texas

bah, how could I have forgotten that guy. I don't own and never have played with it but thanks for reminding me!

Thread Information